The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:46 PM   #201
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
He said he prefers it to Williams' work. That's a looooooooooooooot different than "It's better than Williams'!!".
Prefer = his taste finds it better. He likes it better is what I'm getting at, not analyzing it as some abstract object or body of work.

PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
Old 04-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #202
Andreth
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Don't make me cuss in Quenya

Nah, screw that, I'll use my OWN invented language...

Bé-haev'ma u iktiré uver

No! That doesn't count

Say it in sindarin!!!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 PM   #203
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Really? I think Ottman is fantastic. I liked his work on Superman Returns, yeah, it used the Williams motiffs a lot, but Ottman's original stuff was also quite good, IMO. I liked it a lot. And his work on both Fantastic Four films is great (I liked X2 as well, but I liked the score for 1 and even 3 too), one of the few great things about those movies (particularly the first one, he had a great title sequence that's only available in the extended version that I wish they'd have used in the film. Complete waste, IMO - but I thought it was really good).

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I can't find the credits sequence itself, but it was pretty cool. Anyway, now tell me that doesn't kick ass? It's got a good hummable sound, I think this and Danny Elfman's Spider-Man are the best Marvel themes besides the one for Captain America. Avengers has grown on me, and I liked the work on the first Iron Man, really wish they'd have kept it for the sequels.
I agree with you on Elfman's Spider-Man and Caps music but we have to part ways on The Avengers music and Iron Man's. I kinda have a strong dislike for Iron Man's score in general, it's just not my kind of score. I did dig X-Men: First Class music alot though and X-Men has some great pieces like "Logan and Rogue." The F4 score was fine for that film and more interesting than Ottman usually is in my estimation.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:59 PM   #204
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
No! That doesn't count

Say it in sindarin!!!
Sindarin sucks I'm all about Dat Quenya

Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #205
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

But Andreth....

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Your mother smells like a monster. I nanetheg thia sui úan

http://www.realelvish.net/phrasebook...mit=Show+me%21

Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #206
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

This won't be the last of the samples. Remember what happened with the TDKR score? More and more samples were released until it felt like we had the entire score broken up into pieces. And the entire tracks were released. I think that's what will happen here.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #207
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was just wondering, if children on krypton are engineered to do specific things, why is there still crime on krypton? Or do you think it's just far less frequent than say earth. If there is a civil war on krypton, does that mean maybe only a certain side has engineered citizens? Are Jor el and Lara engineered as well?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #208
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I agree with you on Elfman's Spider-Man and Caps music but we have to part ways on The Avengers music and Iron Man's. I kinda have a strong dislike for Iron Man's score in general, it's just not my kind of score. I did dig X-Men: First Class music alot though and X-Men has some great pieces like "Logan and Rogue." The F4 score was fine for that film and more interesting than Ottman usually is in my estimation.
I hated Iron Man's score or "lack thereof" at first, but now I think the music is kind of enjoyable and suits the movie they were trying to make. It's definitely more of the "metal" vibe somewhat, but now I kind of like it. Avengers was so-so for me and could have been much better, but I think Silvestri did the best he could with it (well kinda). His work on Cap, Polar Express, and Back to the Future are his best though, IMO (and not in the order I listed them).

PART 3
PART 4
PART 5
Old 04-30-2013, 01:21 PM   #209
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed already, but I was just wondering, if children on krypton are engineered to do specific things, why is there still crime on krypton? Or do you think it's just far less frequent than say earth. If there is a civil war on krypton, does that mean maybe only a certain side has engineered citizens? Are Jor el and Lara engineered as well?
Well, it may not be crime so much as two different sets of ideas. Perhaps that's what starts the civil war; people begin to question why they have to fit into the molds they were bred for and rebel.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #210
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

You know what sucks for me? That MoS doesn't open until the 26th here... That's gonna be some painful 12 days when the majority of you guys and girls here has seen it and discussing and hopefully gushing away, while I'm still waiting. I can't even lurk the boards cause of the spoiler risk

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #211
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
You know what sucks for me? That MoS doesn't open until the 26th here... That's gonna be some painful 12 days when the majority of you guys and girls here has seen it and discussing and hopefully gushing away, while I'm still waiting. I can't even lurk the boards cause of the spoiler risk
That sucks dude.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #212
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Don't know if this has been posted but...

http://www.watertower-music.com/news...?search=560913

...looks like the discs on the soundtrack also have names...

Old 04-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #213
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Lol it's not that bad... Japan people have to wait till August 30th

Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #214
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
We don't know if crime occurs in this version of Goyer/Nolan/Snyder Krypton. Also, we do not know how this Krypton society view crime or certain crime.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #215
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
I hated Iron Man's score or "lack thereof" at first, but now I think the music is kind of enjoyable and suits the movie they were trying to make. It's definitely more of the "metal" vibe somewhat, but now I kind of like it. Avengers was so-so for me and could have been much better, but I think Silvestri did the best he could with it (well kinda). His work on Cap, Polar Express, and Back to the Future are his best though, IMO (and not in the order I listed them).
I understand the vibe and hate would be too strong a word for my taste but I just don't like metal-ish scores for films. And I'm not a traditionalists at all like a lot of John Williams fanboys. I don't need every score to sound the same as scores sounded in the 70's and early 80's. I mean Brad Fidel's synth T2 score is excellent and I loved the Social Network's music. I've just always disliked hard rock metal scores for films. It's cheesy to me, faux cool b.s.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:34 PM   #216
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
That sucks I'm already stressing about the fact some people will be going to advance screenings and premiers, as well as the few countries that get it a day before.

I'd be a totally mess if I were in your position

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #217
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Twizzlers Man Of Steel commercial!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #218
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

LOL, now I want to go buy a bag of Twizzlers and make an "S" with them.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #219
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
so THAT'S what the costume is made out of!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:46 PM   #220
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Music in the Twizzler Ad is the same music in that MOS walmart app.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #221
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Lovin the music! BTW does the narrator have a lisp?

Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #222
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Lol it's not that bad... Japan people have to wait till August 30th

That's sucks even more for them, but it doesn't mean it does not still suck for me.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3
Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #223
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
That's sucks even more for them, but it doesn't mean it does not still suck for me.
Yeah, they also get STID August 30th(or 28th)

Old 04-30-2013, 01:49 PM   #224
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Those Kids books come out today right?
Hope someone scans the Superman's Powers book.
Kinda wanna know if they are keeping the ice breath.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #225
Rowsdower!
Cal Kzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Lovin the music! BTW does the narrator have a lisp?
I think the recording is just bad. "Man of Fpeel!"

Closed Thread