The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #301
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Kurse!

Bump, so how would you guys like Kurse's big reveal to go down?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #302
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm torn between wanting Kurse and Malekith to take on Thor and Loki 2-on-2 and wanting Kurse to overthrow Malekith brutally and mercilessly.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #303
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

I'm torn between Thor defeating both, he and Loki fighting them two on two, or Kurse killing Malekith. I'd like to see Thor defeat them both because it's his film and to make up for not getting to do much in TA's final battle.

Honestly though, I'd like to see Thor defeat Kurse and finish of Malekith's who's getting the upper hand on Loki. Then for Kurse to awaken from being K'Oed and remember that his anger should be directed towards Malekith.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #304
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
I'm torn between Thor defeating both, he and Loki fighting them two on two, or Kurse killing Malekith. I'd like to see Thor defeat them both because it's his film and to make up for not getting to do much in TA's final battle.

Honestly though, I'd like to see Thor defeat Kurse and finish of Malekith's who's getting the upper hand on Loki. Then for Kurse to awaken from being K'Oed and remember that his anger should be directed towards Malekith.
While Kurse killing Malekith makes sense in itself I can see it as sort of an anti-climax in terms of the power of Thor (and perhaps Loki). But at the same time it's also always interesting with complex villains so I just can't rule it out.

I think it's a good point that we haven't really seen that much from Thor yet, despite appearances in two movies. At least not compared to what he should be able to do. In that particular sense it seems right to see him really cut loose to defeat the enemies and set the bar for himself in The Avengers 2.

In any case it feels pretty good to debate various possibilities like this and think that all of them are cool, rather than being afraid of that the creators will do something wrong.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #305
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
While Kurse killing Malekith makes sense in itself I can see it as sort of an anti-climax in terms of the power of Thor (and perhaps Loki). But at the same time it's also always interesting with complex villains so I just can't rule it out.

I think it's a good point that we haven't really seen that much from Thor yet, despite appearances in two movies. At least not compared to what he should be able to do. In that particular sense it seems right to see him really cut loose to defeat the enemies and set the bar for himself in The Avengers 2.

In any case it feels pretty good to debate various possibilities like this and think that all of them are cool, rather than being afraid of that the creators will do something wrong.
Yeah that's why my first choise is for Thor to go all out and kick both of their asses. I'd like to see Loki put up a good match against Malekith but since it's Thor's film I'd like for big brother to step in and finish it.

Thor definately doesn't seem to put as much effort into his battles as he could, so I'd say it's bout time we see him pull out the stops. I'm really hoping Thor's written as a show stealer in Avengers 2, because he definately could've been flashier in TA.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:30 PM   #306
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Yeah that's why my first choise is for Thor to go all out and kick both of their asses. I'd like to see Loki put up a good match against Malekith but since it's Thor's film I'd like for big brother to step in and finish it.

Thor definately doesn't seem to put as much effort into his battles as he could, so I'd say it's bout time we see him pull out the stops. I'm really hoping Thor's written as a show stealer in Avengers 2, because he definately could've been flashier in TA.
I hope so too but I guess that he at least got featured in all the most interesting battles in TA. He fought Iron Man, Hulk and the Chitauri Army/Loki. In that regard he at least was the most important and when TA2 likely has a different structure he can hopefully deliver the grandeur next time. Especially if T:TDW tells Whedon "you're thinking too small, THIS is what Thor is about!".

Edit: I rewatched THOR last night for the first time in quite some time and it was actually even better than I remembered. It made me think that it would have been cool if Thor had created a tornado around the portal, hurling the Chitauri around and then smashed them with one blow.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #307
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I hope so too but I guess that he at least got featured in all the most interesting battles in TA. He fought Iron Man, Hulk and the Chitauri Army/Loki. In that regard he at least was the most important and when TA2 likely has a different structure he can hopefully deliver the grandeur next time. Especially if T:TDW tells Whedon "you're thinking too small, THIS is what Thor is about!".
Thor did have the best action scenes overall, but you know the final battle is what most people talked about. So hopefully Thor is the scene stealer in the final battle of Avengers 2 atleast, just to make up for it.

I'd love for T:TDW to show Joss Whedon that Thor can be portrayed on a grander scale and still be interesting. Just like he's impressed with IM3's final battle, I'd like for him to be impressed by all of Thor's action scenes.

Quote:
Edit: I rewatched THOR last night for the first time in quite some time and it was actually even better than I remembered. It made me think that it would have been cool if Thor had created a tornado around the portal, hurling the Chitauri around and then smashed them with one blow.
THOR is quite an underrated superhero film imo, it may not have been HUGE or "took risks but it was executed very nicely. The acting was great, the writing was pretty good, and the action was above average ESPECIALLY the first giant battle. To tell the truth I was hoping to see Thor using more wind related weather powers in TA, but hey that's what T:TDW and A2 are for.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #308
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Thor did have the best action scenes overall, but you know the final battle is what most people talked about. So hopefully Thor is the scene stealer in the final battle of Avengers 2 atleast, just to make up for it.

I'd love for T:TDW to show Joss Whedon that Thor can be portrayed on a grander scale and still be interesting. Just like he's impressed with IM3's final battle, I'd like for him to be impressed by all of Thor's action scenes.
I agree, and while Thor killed the most Leviathans (3) people really mainly remember Hulk punching one (which really Iron Man killed afterwards) and then slamming Loki around. It will take some big moves by Thor and also Whedon getting the right feel to them. Big impact moves likely transfer more easily than lighting attacks when it comes to that final level, although it might just require more storm around the lightning to reach it.

Quote:
THOR is quite an underrated superhero film imo, it may not have been HUGE or "took risks but it was executed very nicely. The acting was great, the writing was pretty good, and the action was above average ESPECIALLY the first giant battle. To tell the truth I was hoping to see Thor using more wind related weather powers in TA, but hey that's what T:TDW and A2 are for.
Yes it certainly is. All parts hold up well and it's amazing that despite what kind of movie it is it's the acting that's the absolute best part. Something that also sets it apart from many other superhero movies is that both the hero and the villain are really interesting, which is actually kind of rare (one tends to stand out above the other, even if it doesn't mean that anyone is bad).

I had also kind of forgotten what presence Idris Elba gives Heimdall with very small means. I hope he gets more to do in T:TDW.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #309
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I agree, and while Thor killed the most Leviathans (3) people really mainly remember Hulk punching one (which really Iron Man killed afterwards) and then slamming Loki around. It will take some big moves by Thor and also Whedon getting the right feel to them. Big impact moves likely transfer more easily than lighting attacks when it comes to that final level, although it might just require more storm around the lightning to reach it.
It was the way Hulk's punch was set up and Thor's move would've been better received if it was flashier. Like instead of holding on to that building Thor could've been hovering in the air in the middle of a storm with lightning in his eyes.

Quote:
Yes it certainly is. All parts hold up well and it's amazing that despite what kind of movie it is it's the acting that's the absolute best part. Something that also sets it apart from many other superhero movies is that both the hero and the villain are really interesting, which is actually kind of rare (one tends to stand out above the other, even if it doesn't mean that anyone is bad).

I had also kind of forgotten what presence Idris Elba gives Heimdall with very small means. I hope he gets more to do in T:TDW.
Agreed on all counts, it's too bad that so many people don't see Thor for the well put together film it is.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #310
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
It was the way Hulk's punch was set up and Thor's move would've been better received if it was flashier. Like instead of holding on to that building Thor could've been hovering in the air in the middle of a storm with lightning in his eyes.
Yes, that would have been more impressive. I guess they wanted Thor to use the building as a lightning rod, but that shouldn't really be necessary for the god of thunder. I feel that Thor didn't seem at all as capable at flying in TA as he was in THOR overall either. I've always been a bit worried that Whedon don't want Thor to step on the toes of Iron Man and Hulk because he can do what they can do and more.

And since this is the Kurse thread I'm interested to see how they will depict his strength. It would be cool to see some huge moves by him as well and not just slap people around. Perhaps the battle can include both him and Thor displaying great strength in lifting and destroying things.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #311
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, that would have been more impressive. I guess they wanted Thor to use the building as a lightning rod, but that shouldn't really be necessary for the god of thunder. I feel that Thor didn't seem at all as capable at flying in TA as he was in THOR overall either. I've always been a bit worried that Whedon don't want Thor to step on the toes of Iron Man and Hulk because he can do what they can do and more.

And since this is the Kurse thread I'm interested to see how they will depict his strength. It would be cool to see some huge moves by him as well and not just slap people around. Perhaps the battle can include both him and Thor displaying great strength in lifting and destroying things.
Notice how Thor landed kind of injured after loki stabbed him and he came to BW, Cap and Hawk's aid? maybe he held the tower because he was still healing?

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:39 PM   #312
warriorking
Side-Kick

Lets hope they show Kurse as the power house he is, truely a terror to behold and not weaken him as they seem to be doing with Thor...I mean Thor is so much above the other avengers it scary...yet they always seem to weaken his abilities...Kurse would slaughter any of the Avengers the Hulk included...Thor is really the game changer in any avengers battle...He is the big gun.....With all due respect to the Hulk he is still just a man...Thor is the only one who will be able to stand toe to toe with kurse and come out alive..Marvel would be wise not to limit Thor"s or Kurses power, regardless of how it affects the other Avengers standing...He is the God of Thunder and not just another Avenger.....

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:55 PM   #313
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Notice how Thor landed kind of injured after loki stabbed him and he came to BW, Cap and Hawk's aid? maybe he held the tower because he was still healing?
It's not impossible but I think they filmed so deliberately on the lightning on the building that it was supposed to be a thing. He didn't act that bothered by the wound in that scene and I think they would have made that more clear if it was the intent.

In any case I would have preferred a visual like when he killed the Destroyer, but with amassing lightning and letting it loose instead. He might not be used to getting hurt but it still seemed like a wound that a solider could push through, not to mention an ancient Asgardian thunder god.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:13 PM   #314
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
I agree, I don't want to see Kurse just punching and throwing people around I want to see genuine strength feats. For instance I want to see Kurse bursting through huge walls, throwing massive objects, making fishers from stomping the ground, and slamming guys into the ground.

Another thing, I think it would be cool if there were shockwaves whenever Thor and Kurses's blows collide with each other.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-21-2013, 05:24 PM   #315
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Kurse!

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #316
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Kurse you, that's awesome!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #317
Thor Odinson
Banned User

wow! This looks even better than what I expected!

Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #318
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Looks as if whatever armor Algrim was wearing before, gets bonded to his body/becomes a part of him.

Guerrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:47 PM   #319
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

^ I hope it's something more complex and awe inspiring than that.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #320
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well it's official, Thor in the MCU seems to have the most badass looking villains imho.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #321
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well it's official, Thor in the MCU seems to have the most badass looking villains imho.lol
It's because he has the most badass villains in comics too.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 AM   #322
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Yeah Thor has always had one of the best rogues gallery in superhero history.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #323
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

Just wondering why they decided to go with an organic look as opposed to armor evicative of a horned creature.

Quote:
Yeah Thor has always had one of the best rogues gallery in superhero history.
Some people would argue that Batman's is more iconic.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 AM   #324
Thor Odinson
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Just wondering why they decided to go with an organic look as opposed to armor evicative of a horned creature.

Some people would argue that Batman's is more iconic.
Oh, both Bat's and Spidey's rogues are certainly more iconic.
On the other hand, Thor's is much more threatening.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:28 AM   #325
marcvader
Lurker #1

Not feeling the design elements initially here.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote