The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 06:33 PM   #301
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Hey I remember you! I watched and commented!
Hi, KW I do remember you. You were kind enough to comment on my video! I'm not gonna lie, sitting in that theater seat June 14th, I'll be thinking of all you guys & gals. Truly am physicked to share the excitement of Super-fans around the world

Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #302
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanFanboy View Post
That is indeed really cool! A bit surprised my reaction wasn't included
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp3zHYf-A8M
But mine was picture in picture so I can see why, either way stoked on how many views and awesome comments mine received. I only did one other one before for Pacific Rim.
Any word on what we will get tomorrow with this sneak peak? Would be cool to have an extended clip showing some Superman dialogue
HA! I remember seeing your video. When trailer 3 came out, I waited till the next day to see if I could find some reaction videos. There weren't too many at first, but then I started finding more and more. It's funny because in every single one of them, everyone geeks out just like I did. This is such a great time for us Superman fans.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #303
guAsp
Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
That's because these are samples that get cut off before most tracks even pick up. And even so, there is nothing wrong if there is no particular hummable theme. Background music`` as you call it, is music too. Some prefer one or the other or both but neither are right or wrong. It's all about what fits the tone and story of the film. But then I never understood the fixation on hummable or whistling themes. I prefer the score to not stick out and rather blend in with the movie/visuals. The sonic soundscapes that Zimmer creates and the melodies and structures within them are much more exciting for me than a few seconds of a theme you can whistle. Even so I'm already whistling some of this stuff There is plenty of melody hidden inside a lot of Zimmers work, but not everyone picks it up.
I fully agree with this, it's like some initial reactions from people saying that the music sounds generic or the same as his other work. I've never heard drum work infused like this, really powerful sound. I can't stop listening to the trailer music

Old 04-30-2013, 06:42 PM   #304
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Hi, KW I do remember you. You were kind enough to comment on my video! I'm not gonna lie, sitting in that theater seat June 14th, I'll be thinking of all you guys & gals. Truly am physicked to share the excitement of Super-fans around the world
We should all exchange cell numbers, sit at the back of the theater where we won't bother anyone and text during the movie. LMAO

All I know is that we need to figure out a way to do a 'community' viewing of the Blu Ray when it comes out.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #305
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

It would be neat to see one of these films with a fellow hyper here in Ohio.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #306
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

"It's all about what fits the tone and story of the film. But then I never understood the fixation on hummable or whistling themes. I prefer the score to not stick out and rather blend in with the movie/visuals."

Right, though I would argue that a lot of Hans' latest work DOES stick out. Heck, parts of the dialog in the TDK trilogy get played over by the music. That's probably why he's so popular among many, because they can hear his music within the film, rather than having to listen to the score separately to appreciate it. I would even argue that he DOES make memorable music, but one with a simplistic notation style and chord progression. It tends to be a bit TOO predictable for me. I'd rather want to guess what the next chord will be, like Elfman's exhilarating Spider-Man theme

If all this sounds like a negative rant, I'll be the first to tell you that I feel like the MOS music is a MAJOR step in the right direction. Blade-Runnesque ambience, with Gladiator-styled vocals, beautiful violins, Elfmanish strings on one sample track, etc. I think it will Hans' best solo album in YEARS. And possibly DC's best movie. So we all win

Old 04-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #307
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
Awesome! I'm in there. So cool, haha. Truly TEAM SUPERMAN!
What do you guys mean by TEAM SUPERMAN?...the people in this forum?

Old 04-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #308
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Twilight kinda ruined the whole putting "team" in front of your favorite character's name thing for me.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #309
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User

Did someone posted the Twizzlers MoS spot yet?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #310
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
Twilight kinda ruined the whole putting "team" in front of your favorite character's name thing for me.
Did people even do it before Twilight??

Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM   #311
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Mention "Twilight" on my forums again, and so help me I'll go Batman on ALL your asses

Not "IcangerridouoberdaBEEERRRRGH" Batman

Not "I'm not wearin' HOCKEY PAAAHHHHDDS" Batman

I'm going old school on you mothers

Old 04-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #312
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
Mention "Twilight" on my forums again, and so help me I'll go Batman on ALL your asses

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So you are going to dance with him?

Old 04-30-2013, 08:18 PM   #313
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Not in The Pale Moonlight!

Old 04-30-2013, 08:53 PM   #314
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Since MS visited the ashram, can he now..? Or would that be too graphic to say on SHH?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/170...-shannon.jhtml

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #315
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post

Post of the month!!

Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #316
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Did people even do it before Twilight??
I don't know, but it was a valid idea until Twilight ruined it.

Old 04-30-2013, 08:57 PM   #317
fake
Side-Kick

Is there a 2m 28s trailer coming?

I was browsing the BBFC website and decided to search for "Man of Steel" which led to this results page: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/search/releases/man+of+steel

The page has the results for the 1m23s first trailer, 2m20s/2m22s 2nd trailer and the 3m3s 3rd trailer and also this: http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/man-steel-2013-0

Quote:
MAN OF STEEL

TYPE Trailer

APPROVED RUNNING TIME 2m 28s

RELEASE DATES 14/06/2013

DIRECTOR(S) Zack Snyder

CUT This work was passed uncut.

Classified Date 22/04/2013
Is this a new trailer? or simply a shorter, recut version of trailer#3?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #318
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Probably the latter.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:01 PM   #319
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Okay, cool trailer info. So now Shannon DOES have control of his bodily functions! MS said that there were only a few people, so I pretty much think all the "leaked reviews" are fake.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #320
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
We should all exchange cell numbers, sit at the back of the theater where we won't bother anyone and text during the movie. LMAO

All I know is that we need to figure out a way to do a 'community' viewing of the Blu Ray when it comes out.
I'm down, haha. I'd gladly change cells with anyone and we can text after if we aren't too numb of awesomeness haha. How cool would it be if we could all get together and see it? That would be sweet!

Quote:
What do you guys mean by TEAM SUPERMAN?...the people in this forum?
I've been saying TEAM SUPERMAN for years. My brother owns a Silkscreening business and makes his own shirts. I'm getting shirts made with the Man of Steel logo on the front real big and on the back along the collar of the shirt, I'm getting "TEAM SUPERMAN" with a smaller logo underneath it.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #321
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
MAN OF STEEL Trailer #3 Reaction MashUP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YG6RakU3h8

Hah!! I LOVED this!!! You don't know how much watching that made me smile.........cuz it was so true!!! Their collective reactions were pretty much mine too.

And even though I'm a guy, I think my reaction was closest to the girl in the grey sweater. I'm not ashamed to admit it..........I cried manly tears of joy when I 1st watched the trailer.............

TEAM SUPERMAN FTW!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-30-2013, 09:38 PM   #322
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
Post of the month!!
I think DKDetective just took that title from me haha

Old 04-30-2013, 09:39 PM   #323
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
I'm down, haha. I'd gladly change cells with anyone and we can text after if we aren't too numb of awesomeness haha. How cool would it be if we could all get together and see it? That would be sweet!

I've been saying TEAM SUPERMAN for years. My brother owns a Silkscreening business and makes his own shirts. I'm getting shirts made with the Man of Steel logo on the front real big and on the back along the collar of the shirt, I'm getting "TEAM SUPERMAN" with a smaller logo underneath it.
nice!

Old 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #324
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
I don't know, but it was a valid idea until Twilight ruined it.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #325
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Hey, while I have all your attentions I back-translated the Kryptonian text from DSRW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel 22 Apr 2013, 22:07
So somebody asked me to "transliterate" this Kryptonian script into Latin transcription. Bear in mind I have NO idea what MOS's Kryptonian language sounds like but it was fun trying to think of what it might sound like. It's what we "conlangers" like to do for fun

Kryptonian:
Hxh vurk'tā syktā edeag.
(You alone are not.)

English:
You are not alone.

This is based solely on pure assumption by eyeballing the letters, and assuming that Kryptonians write left-to-right as we do. The vowels appear to be the smaller, closed off characters, while the consonants are fuller "glyphs," written in one stroke.

The curves atop the "brackets" seem to appear over the vowel characters, and to a degree I've identified three "types" of vowels:
  1. 1 a "plain" vowel is where there is no break in the bracket above a vowel character.
  2. 2 a "weak" vowel, where a short forward curve breaks the bracket (see the first "word"); this vowel is written with a simple accent or stress mark (ex.: )
  3. 3 a "strong" or "fortified" vowel, where the bracket is broken by a large backward curve. This vowel is written with a "macron" (ex.: ā)

The last word is really peculiar, and I can only guess that this is how vowel "diphthongs" are written, one vowel on top of the other. But there you go

Enjoy!

Closed Thread