The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2013, 04:53 PM   #76
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,411
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Singer did say that there's be some humour in the movie, so Bobby could be one of the characters who lessens the tension with some humour.

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:50 PM   #77
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

I'm hoping the humour comes from Wolverine, I miss funny movie Wolvie as opposed to deeply in touch with his feelings/angry Wolvie, cause Bobby being funny out of thin air for the fourth movie would kinda be weird, probably a perfectly explainable coping/defense mechanism for the apocalypse, but nonetheless weird.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #78
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,889
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by By your Command View Post
I'm hoping the humour comes from Wolverine, I miss funny movie Wolvie as opposed to deeply in touch with his feelings/angry Wolvie, cause Bobby being funny out of thin air for the fourth movie would kinda be weird, probably a perfectly explainable coping/defense mechanism for the apocalypse, but nonetheless weird.
Iceman has had a glint in his eye before and shown a cute, mischievous side, turning Pyro's fire-globe into ice that smashed on the floor in X1, and freezing Wolverine's hand when Logan arrives back at the mansion at the start of X2. Also, taking Kitty to skate on the pond in X3 as a way of lightening the mood.

He's not some gloom-ridden misery-guts; he's clearly done light-hearted or cheeky things before.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, CA:TWS 7/10, GoTG 7.5/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #79
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,110
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

I don't know why considering in the books he's always been funny, but as of late they've turned him all "arrrrgh everything sucks."

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #80
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

is not that hard to give Iceman one or two funny comments on the movie without making it feel forced.

Bryan already said there will be some humour on the movie, so I doubt the humour is just on the 70's.

Since this movie is released 8 years after X3, and the actors are older, including Shawn, I think we'll see a more mature and a bit different Bobby compared to the trilogy, and he could easily act much more secure of himself to the point of making a funny comment while fighting the sentinels or in another point, maybe to Wolverine or to Kitty.

it doesnt have to be something over the top, just a tease of his sense of humour. It really isnt have to show that. After all, all persons have a sense of humour, so its about when each person uses it.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #81
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Iceman has had a glint in his eye before and shown a cute, mischievous side, turning Pyro's fire-globe into ice that smashed on the floor in X1, and freezing Wolverine's hand when Logan arrives back at the mansion at the start of X2. Also, taking Kitty to skate on the pond in X3 as a way of lightening the mood.

He's not some gloom-ridden misery-guts; he's clearly done light-hearted or cheeky things before.
I'll concede to the cheeky, it's just that I don't see him as a breaking the ice (wow, definitely no pun intended) kinda guy, but yeah he had his light-hearted moments, maybe he can grow a sense of humor from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
is not that hard to give Iceman one or two funny comments on the movie without making it feel forced.

Bryan already said there will be some humour on the movie, so I doubt the humour is just on the 70's.

Since this movie is released 8 years after X3, and the actors are older, including Shawn, I think we'll see a more mature and a bit different Bobby compared to the trilogy, and he could easily act much more secure of himself to the point of making a funny comment while fighting the sentinels or in another point, maybe to Wolverine or to Kitty.

it doesnt have to be something over the top, just a tease of his sense of humour. It really isnt have to show that. After all, all persons have a sense of humour, so its about when each person uses it.
Now that you mention Kitty, I could definitely see Bryan Singer taking advantage of Ellen Page as Kitty and making her the Buffy-er Astonshing X-Men Kitty.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:50 PM   #82
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

I have a good feeling with Bryan/Kitty.

I highly doubt Bryan brings Ellen back for a poor and small role.

And even if her role is not big at all on the future timeline, I think Im gonna love it 10 times more than her role on X3


Last edited by Angamb; 04-30-2013 at 06:59 PM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #83
By your Command
Danger Room Technician
 
By your Command's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sal Tlay Ka Siti
Posts: 813
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

^Completomondo true.

__________________
WOLVERINE: "What "X-Men: The Last Stand" and "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" did to the franchise can't be undone"

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
By your Command is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #84
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,538
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Storm made jokes in X3... I don't really remember.
Of course she didn't make jokes I was talking about the writers giving Storm a bigger role and trying make her similar in the comics and she just looked completely forced with her lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
Singer did say that there's be some humour in the movie, so Bobby could be one of the characters who lessens the tension with some humour.
They could just give it to Warpath or to the other new characters in the film.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:24 PM   #85
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Of course she didn't make jokes I was talking about the writers giving Storm a bigger role and trying make her similar in the comics and she just looked completely forced with her lines.
Well that was a case bad writing, bad directing, and bad acting.

I want Singer and co. to at least try. If all you did was lament about how it didn't work beforehand and not try to achieve anything new then what is the point of anything really.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #86
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,538
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
Well that was a case bad writing, bad directing, and bad acting.

I want Singer and co. to at least try. If all you did was lament about how it didn't work beforehand and not try to achieve anything new then what is the point of anything really.
Someone already said that it would be weird to see that role for Iceman. Of course he had fun moments in the original trilogy, where he was smiling and laughing but those moments didn't happen in the middle of a fight. Trying to make Iceman silly and funny when they are fighting giant robots or when the Sentinels are about to capture them, would just look weird and forced if they want to make him more similar to the comics.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #87
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Someone already said that it would be weird to see that role for Iceman. Of course he had fun moments in the original trilogy, where he was smiling and laughing but those moments didn't happen in the middle of a fight. Trying to make Iceman silly and funny when they are fighting giant robots or when the Sentinels are about to capture them, would just look weird and forced if they want to make him more similar to the comics.
I never said I wanted him to be silly. Everyone is obviously going to be affected by the harsh life they're now living, so it would be natural for their personalities to manifest a bit differently. My suggestion is that since Bobby was always the nice guy (RE: boring), maybe now he is a bit cynical and covers it up with some dark and disturbed humor. I'm not saying he needs to be Jim Carey all of a sudden.

So if they were to make him a little darker and a bit funny, it would show some nice character growth and be more like the comics... two birds with one stone.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:02 PM   #88
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

To add... honestly, my main reason for wanting to see this character trait in Bobby is because all of the X-Men not named Wolverine are so boring and one-dimensional. None of them have even one distinguishing character trait... besides all of them being generally decent/sacrificing people.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 01:25 AM   #89
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,538
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread



With the latest pic of Shawn's uniform, I can't help but see similarities from his uniforms in the comics.


In that new pic, it looks like a coat

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:43 AM   #90
josh8
Side-Kick
 
josh8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,654
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
With the latest pic of Shawn's uniform, I can't help but see similarities from his uniforms in the comics.


In that new pic, it looks like a coat
Which is funny because Ian Churchill designed the one on the left (which inspired the other two) during an overhaul of the X-Men to make them look more like the movies and/or real life. It's all cyclical.

josh8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #91
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

the sad thing is that those three coats look better than the one Shawn is wearing, even if its more detailed.

this new Bobby coat is so disco party...

like... Im still trying to figure out how it will look on full body shots and photos

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:02 AM   #92
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,538
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
the sad thing is that those three coats look better than the one Shawn is wearing, even if its more detailed. this new Bobby coat is so disco party... like... Im still trying to figure out how it will look on full body shots and photos
Yeah judging from the 2 photos that we've seen. It doesn't look great. But we can only really judge it when see the full shot of the costume.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #93
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

lets hope the full costume/look is better than what the pics are suggesting, because...

it has all the ingredients to be the worse costume of the franchise

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:17 AM   #94
747
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.
 
747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Sweden
Posts: 4,035
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
lets hope the full costume/look is better than what the pics are suggesting, because...

it has all the ingredients to be the worse costume of the franchise
Disagree. I totally dig what we have seen of the clothes so far.

Semi tacky and futuristically odd designs, with dystopian and drab colors.

747 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #95
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

I was talking about Iceman outfit, the other characters shown are totally different

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #96
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,501
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Quote:
The upcoming "X-Men" sequel, "Days of the Future Past," is easily one of the most hotly anticipated superhero films currently in production.
But as filming heads in to its final stages for its 2014 release, cast member Shawn Ashmore is not melting under the pressure to reveal what happens to, or how his character, Bobby Drake, aka Iceman, fits into the story.

"Some of our characters in the film are facing a far, dark future and that continues with Bobby as well," Ashmore says during a recent break of filming in Canada. "It's an intense storyline and pretty exciting."

Though he wouldn't reveal specifics -- "I want to get invited back," Ashmore jokes -- the actor says fans can expect to see a familiar, though more mature Drake.

"He's changed from who you saw in 'X-3,'" Ashmore says.

Ashmore says re-teaming with his "X-Men" castmates and director Bryan Singer -- who helmed the first "X-Men" film, and its followup, "X-2: X-Men United" -- has been comparable to attending a family reunion.

"What's so great about being part of a franchise is every couple of years, or in our case, every five or six years, you get to come back and work with the filmmakers and actors," Ashmore says.

"I just turned 19 when I shot the first movie," he adds. "I was still a teenager, but it feels like a lifetime ago. Everyone's grown up."

Ashmore credits Singer for ushering in the superhero genre boom.

"Bryan has grown as a filmmaker as well, so it's really exciting," Ashmore says. "I trust him completely, with the stories and the characters. It was a no-brainer to come back and watch him tell the story he wants to tell."
http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/ente...ns_can_ex.html

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:22 AM   #97
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

so dark future? interesting

t4p

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 PM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 18,538
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

I hope he's a bad-ass in this film!

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | THE CAMEO | PORTRAYED BY STAN LEE
"I'm Stan Lee" - FF2
"Can I have my shoe back?" - T2
"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:02 AM   #99
narrows101
Side-Kick
 
narrows101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,039
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

Shawn R Ashmore ‏@ShawnRAshmore 28 May
I'm gonna be here this weekend @WizardWorld #wizardworldphilly U know what's gonna be really fun. @AaronRAshmore gonna be here to! Twins!


Aaron and Shawn Ashmore at Wizard World Philadelphia

__________________
"By himself, Hugh Jackman can sell out the Yellow Pages." - Broadway Producer

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
narrows101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 AM   #100
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: Cool as Ice: The Shawn Ashmore/Iceman Thread

two Icemen!

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.