The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 04-30-2013, 05:59 PM   #51
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

My "midnight" showing is Thursday at 9pm. I guess we'll find out then.

Old 04-30-2013, 06:02 PM   #52
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Poor RIM... I guess being honest about how you feel about a movie around here is not welcomed well if it's not positive.
Sadly, it's not just relegated to TASM boards or Batboards. It happens on many a fanboy website. I recall suggesting that TASM was a flawed Spider-man film on IGN's comments section and I had a few posters lining up to assassinate my character (yet they'd never heard of me before) or poke holes in my argument using points I had never even made.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #53
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Sadly, it's not just relegated to TASM boards or Batboards. It happens on many a fanboy website. I recall suggesting that TASM was a flawed Spider-man film on IGN's comments section and I had a few posters lining up to assassinate my character (yet they'd never heard of me before) or poke holes in my argument using points I had never even made.
The Interwbzzzzz......not just for the sane.

It's a constant battle......

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #54
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

True, but I try to add my own inanity to the mix just to be fair. lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #55
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Yeah, I think after the TDKR fiasco, all midnight showings are now at 9 or 10pm. I don't care either way. Get to see it earlier.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #56
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #57
StarLord
Tech Noir.

Is that novel cover for real? That's amazing.

StarLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #58
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

It was given to the cast, I believe. The others are Mondo posters.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:07 PM   #59
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I wish I could get that cast/crew poster.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 PM   #60
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

That is pretty cool.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #61
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Yeah, I think after the TDKR fiasco, all midnight showings are now at 9 or 10pm. I don't care either way. Get to see it earlier.
I'm going at midnight, not 9 or 10

Old 04-30-2013, 07:50 PM   #62
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

All the posters are fantastic.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 PM   #63
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Those are incredibly beautiful

GRangerPrimeNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:24 PM   #64
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Even as someone who would love to see Spidey in the MCU, I don't really believe Jawtug.

He's been right before w/ Thanos being in The Avengers but anyone who saw the Infinity Gauntlet at SDCC 2010 could've guessed that.

If he's right, fantastic. I'll be hyped as ****.

If he's wrong, it will have been very much expected.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #65
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Even as someone who would love to see Spidey in the MCU, I don't really believe Jawtug.

He's been right before w/ Thanos being in The Avengers but anyone who saw the Infinity Gauntlet at SDCC 2010 could've guessed that.

If he's right, fantastic. I'll be hyped as ****.

If he's wrong, it will have been very much expected.
it's not so much him saying he was in it, I said he was in it too lol. It's the image he posted..granted, he coulda made the image, but the way it was blury, and resembled Thanos, you would need someone who is somewhat experienced in the field of graphic design to make an image like that

Old 04-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #66
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
it's not so much him saying he was in it, I said he was in it too lol. It's the image he posted..granted, he coulda made the image, but the way it was blury, and resembled Thanos, you would need someone who is somewhat experienced in the field of graphic design to make an image like that
I saw someone say he posted a clear picture too, giving reason to maybe believe him.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 04-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #67
Rock Sexton
Banned User

It absolutely astonishes me that we still have mental midgets perpetuating the idea of Sony and Disney/Marvel "sharing" a character such as Spiderman. What do Disney/Marvel gain from such an accord? Do these people really believe that Disney/Marvel are going to want to share revenue with Sony when they just pumped out a $1.5 billion behemoth (not even counting DVD/BluRay sales)????? What's the point in that? I mean seriously what dollar amount do these dreamers think Spidey is worth to the point of Marvel ever even considering giving up some of their money. Consider that a good portion of the people who went to see TASM are the SAME FREAKIN' PEOPLE who went to see The Avengers.

Not only that, but do you think they really want to deal with Sony's creative team looking over their shoulder to make sure THEIR guy gets the treatment they want him to? How do you retcon Spidey considering that the Chitauri invasion happened in his own backyard and he was nowhere to be found? Lemme guess, he was on vacation .... I mean give me a break with this stuff.

Face it. Never gonna happen until Sony relinquishes the rights, they go bankrupt, or Disney/Marvel becomes desperate for unforseen reasons at this point. Every time I read yet another BS rumor about a Spidey appearance I just wanna .....

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 PM   #68
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

so is there a second post-credit scene or is just the one with Ruffalo talking to RDJ?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #69
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
It absolutely astonishes me that we still have mental midgets perpetuating the idea of Sony and Disney/Marvel "sharing" a character such as Spiderman. What do Disney/Marvel gain from such an accord? Do these people really believe that Disney/Marvel are going to want to share revenue with Sony when they just pumped out a $1.5 billion behemoth (not even counting DVD/BluRay sales)????? What's the point in that? I mean seriously what dollar amount do these dreamers think Spidey is worth to the point of Marvel ever even considering giving up some of their money. Consider that a good portion of the people who went to see TASM are the SAME FREAKIN' PEOPLE who went to see The Avengers.

Not only that, but do you think they really want to deal with Sony's creative team looking over their shoulder to make sure THEIR guy gets the treatment they want him to? How do you retcon Spidey considering that the Chitauri invasion happened in his own backyard and he was nowhere to be found? Lemme guess, he was on vacation .... I mean give me a break with this stuff.

Face it. Never gonna happen until Sony relinquishes the rights, they go bankrupt, or Disney/Marvel becomes desperate for unforseen reasons at this point. Every time I read yet another BS rumor about a Spidey appearance I just wanna .....

K

And the part highlighted in bold is one of the more dumber contrived arguements about the issue whenever this issue is brought up.

- Movie was about The Avengers, not Spidey. Can't leave a hint of him since you don't want the audience to anticipate him throughout the whole battle.
The focus is on the Avengers.
- If TASM took place before TA
- Spidey was at another part of the city, since most of the battle we see is concentrated around just Park Avenue and Grand Central Terminal.
- If TASM took place after TA
- Could explain all the cranes conviently placed in Midtown in TASM.
Etc, there's way more aspects to this.

This has been discussed and debated way more times on SHH than needed.

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 04-30-2013 at 10:00 PM.
GRangerPrimeNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #70
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
so is there a second post-credit scene or is just the one with Ruffalo talking to RDJ?
There are rumors of a second after credits scene and two variations to go with it.

One says that Star-Lord sends a transmission to Tony and Tony flies into space to help the Guardians of the Galaxy.

The other says that a man in a hood is shown taking pictures of the wreckage of the the NYC battle in The Avengers as well as a Chitauri corpse and he's confronted by a SHIELD agent. That that man in the hood is revealed to be none other than Peter Parker, played by Andrew Garfield.

Whether or not one of these are true, or if there even IS a 2nd after credits scene, will be found out Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
K

And the part highlighted in bold is one of the more dumber contrived arguements about the issue whenever this issue is brought up.

- Movie was about The Avengers, not Spidey. Can't leave a hint of him since you don't want the audience to anticipate him throughout the whole battle.
The focus is on the Avengers.
- If TASM took place before TA
- Spidey was at another part of the city, since most of the battle we see is concentrated around just Park Avenue and Grand Central Terminal.
- If TASM took place after TA
- Could explain all the cranes conviently placed in Midtown in TASM.
Etc, there's way more aspects to this.

This has been discussed and debated way more times on SHH than needed.
This. I'm pretty sure every possible scenario has been discussed on SHH at some point.

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 04-30-2013 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 PM   #71
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Guys I was fortunate enough to catch my first viewing of IM3
Keep in mind i saw the first 2 trailers, avoided tv spots, and knew the plot twist:
That being said here is my review

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This pretty much sums up my reaction to the movie:

First things first, this movie is as good as the Avengers! 10/10 and this is coming from a die-hard Thor fan.
Tony's character development was surprisingly great and even better than IM1. The panic scenes were awesome and added little more flesh to Tony, RDJ is Tony Stark and that guy knows how to act.
BTW IRON ARMY = ORGASMIC
The action sequences were spectacular with more emphasis on hand-to-hand combat, which I absolutely loved. The humor was just perfectly handled, don't understand where the overdoing of humor is coming from. This movie handles the whole TDKR plot of hero being absent to recuperate part better imo (my only TDKR reference)

Now the most important part: The Plot Twist
The twist happens half-way through the movie, and I was completely disgusted and angered by "Mandarin" reduced to a comedian. The whole scene of Tony talking to kingsley's character threw me off. But i knew about the plot twist beforehand, so i was not that angry but more disappointed.
And Then this Scene happened:
When Killian defeated Stark in the 1-on-1 fight in the finale, he stood over the pillar and said: "I'm the Mandarin" with the extremis glowing his dragon tattoos, in a pose just like the pic below

At that moment I completely forgive the plot twist, not to mention Extremis Mandarin/Killian is very menacing, (now I am worreid about Zod in MoS)

The only cons I could find are nitpicky stuff that actually could make this movie better than the Avengers and they are:
-The whole Mandarin fake reveal scene should be altered, Ben kingsley was so comical in that scene it threw me off. its probably what caused the only negative reactions.
-Pepper was awesome at the end with Extremis, but I kinda wished Tony finished off Killian than Pepper. But completely satisfied with the prodigal son "killing" Killian.
-I was a little bothered by the fact that Tony just said that he cured Pepper in a monologue, basically shrugging it off, could have added more to it.
-The scene were Maya asks Tony for the solution to the overheating problem of extremis when Tony is caught only increased my hope for Extremis infused Tony. But sadly that didn't happen.
Here is hoping that Tony makes a better version of extremis in Avengers 2.
-Rebecea Hall's potrayal of Maya was very touching, but sadly she had only very few scenes, and her character was just filler for someone who invented extremis. Wasted potential there.
-Kingsley's character was only releavant the first 10mins, again wasted potential. Don't understand why they even bothered with casting Kingsley.

There it is guys, just the best trilogy ending out there (at least for me). Also I loved the Avenger references, especially with Killian referencing Thor.
I want to make a lot of comparisons with TDKR, not because it was a similar movie, but because it shared a lot of the story elements.
The issues with TDKR were properly handled in IM3. I am glad they brought in the plot twist halfway through the movie rather than the end and I loved the send off Killian got (even with Pepper doing it).
All the characters shined in IM3, even Hansen (Hall's acting was great, Hansen should have gotten more screentime), and Jarvis was awesome especially during the Mansion attack scene. (saving Tony and its conversation with him, "take a deep breath sir" probably the best thing Tony invented) Also loved the kid helping Tony through his anxiety attacks. ("You are a mechanic right?" - the scene almost brought me to tears). Even James Badge Dale and Favreau was at their finest. I even sympathized with Killian

Now the post credit scene, It was awesome. With all that has happened in IM3, we find that the entire movie is narrated by Tony to Bruce/Hulk/Ruffalo which was a nice touch. Also DONT WATCH IN 3D, IT RUINS THE ACTION SEQUENCES
It was a great scene but didn't really move the Phase 2 foward. But that doesn't matter, cuz if this is the quality we are getting for phase 2, then oh boy
my body won't be able to handle Avengers 2.

Last edited by darkslayer101; 04-30-2013 at 11:26 PM.
darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:28 PM   #72
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

I had no idea they were starting shows at 9pm on Thursday. Got my tickets for the IMAX.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 PM   #73
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

There is only one post-credits scene.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:36 PM   #74
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I heard Christian Bale shows up during the mid-credits, teasing the new tv show on NBC...

Bruce & Tony

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #75
thalidomide
The Enemy

I'm ready for my second viewing today!

thalidomide is offline   Reply With Quote