Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 04-28-2013, 03:29 AM   #76
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Default Re: Guy Pearce is Aldrich Killian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Well, for one...Iron Monger/Stane was ultimately destroyed by that giant Arc Reactor explosion. Killian is in a similarly humongous explosion wher eyou think he's dead then walks out unscathed. Well he's scathed. But still alive. Also he can melt through any of Tony's armors by touching them, something Stane couldn't do. I think saying Stane is a puppy in comparison is a bit much. But Killian takes on Tony without a suit and Tony ends up needing the help of multiple suits to defeat him and actually doesn't even end up being the one defeating him. So...yeah.
Okay cool, so does IM and Killian use alot of super strength powered attacks during their fight?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:43 AM   #77
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Okay cool, so does IM and Killian use alot of super strength powered attacks during their fight?
Oh yes.

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:00 AM   #78
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
Oh yes.
Awesome I just sent you a private message.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-28-2013, 05:24 AM   #79
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Most of the suits in the film seemed like incomplete prototypes as opposed to field-ready production models like Mks III-VII, so I wasn't impressed much by the Extremis soldiers' performance against them.

Saitou Hajime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:12 AM   #80
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

^ Yeah. Which tied into Tony's tinkering, depressed personality following the New York alien invasion - and also gave the film added drama when the time for action came. The suits falling apart became something of a running gag. There's parts when the suits aren't completely at full power and has to wait for other parts to arrive in the air - ala fighting off the guards with the jet boots and repulsor gloves only.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #81
TyrionLannister
Side-Kick

Question regards to Aldrich Killian in the film... *Spoilers*

So I really loved the movie. My favorite of the three. But there's one thing thats nagging me. What exactly was Killian's goal or objective. Was it to fix Extremis' failings and make it safe to sell? So just money? Was it to for lack of a better phrase "control the world" (by having the president in one hand and the worlds most feared terrorist in the other). Or something else? What was his main aim? (no pun intended )

Last edited by TyrionLannister; 04-30-2013 at 07:01 AM.
TyrionLannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #82
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyrionLannister View Post
Question regards to Aldrich Killian in the film... *Spoilers*

So I really loved the movie. My favorite of the three. But there's one thing thats nagging me. What exactly was Killian's goal or objective. Was it to fix Extremis' failings and make it safe to sell? So just money? Was it to for lack of a better phrase "control the world" (by having the president in one hand and the worlds most feared terrorist in the other). Or something else? What was his main aim? (no pun intended )
It was a more practical and natural way of controlling the modern world (which are two adjectives that float around a lot with this version of the mandarin) he basically wanted to control both sides of a new war of terror by having the US president in one pocket and a fake terrorist in the other and therefore create a world economy in which extremis could thrive and make him quite possibly the richest person in the world.

so yeah...money :funny

I do like how it all goes back to weapons dealing, that's the demon that constantly chases Stark around, he was born into a world of weapons manufacturing and dealing and to finally face someone who's become a much more inflated version of himself, or something that he could have ended up as if he didn't get stuck in the cave. Pretty much an expanded version of Obadiah.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:41 AM   #83
TyrionLannister
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
It was a more practical and natural way of controlling the modern world (which are two adjectives that float around a lot with this version of the mandarin) he basically wanted to control both sides of a new war of terror by having the US president in one pocket and a fake terrorist in the other and therefore create a world economy in which extremis could thrive and make him quite possibly the richest person in the world.

so yeah...money :funny

I do like how it all goes back to weapons dealing, that's the demon that constantly chases Stark around, he was born into a world of weapons manufacturing and dealing and to finally face someone who's become a much more inflated version of himself, or something that he could have ended up as if he didn't get stuck in the cave. Pretty much an expanded version of Obadiah.
Ah I see. So it was kind of a combination of both things i said. Thanks

TyrionLannister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #84
kedrell
Correction, I AM SWISS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Obidiah Stane is still by far the best villain of the trilogy, IMO. Jeff Bridges was terrific and felt like the most menacing of the bunch. He was that inner threat. Someone close to Tony who was really a snake in the grass waiting to stab him in the heart and take everything he owned.

I loved the scene when he paralyzed Tony with that sonic device and then removed the arc reactor from Tony's chest, all the while revealing he was the one who ordered the hit on him, he was going to kill Pepper, take his technology and his company etc.

Great villain. Nobody, not even Aldrich Killian, came up to the standard of Stane's class.

I'd agree. In fact Bridges's Stane is my favorite comic book supervillain in film to date for any movie. There's just so many different little levels to the character in that movie. It was brilliant, IMO. After him(for me) come Loki, Red Skull, Cox's Stryker in X2, and so on.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:49 PM   #85
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Alfred Molina's Doc Ock was great as well and I've never seen Red Skull listed as one of the greats.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 04-30-2013, 10:55 PM   #86
kedrell

I never got the Ock love thing. He was Ock in name only pretty much. Basically he was Ock if he had the Lizard's motivations and such. All in all it was ok and came out at a time when there wasn't much competition so I guess I just answered my own question. But looking back now? I still don't see why the love persists. Red Skull however was largely right off the page by comparison.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 PM   #87
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Lizard was never motivated to build a fusion reactor that could destroy NY, and his wife never died when he turned into a villain either. It was the great performance of Molina combined with the great action scenes Ock and Spidey has, and the parallel of the Peter/Octavius story that I think holds Doc Ock in people's hearts.

Sorry I don't want to take Killian's thread off topic with Doc Ock discussions lol.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 04-30-2013 at 11:11 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:23 PM   #88
kedrell

Ock's wife, Lizard's family, not much difference there. And I was talking about the way in which he was a villain(arms told him to do it like the reptilian dna making Lizard be evil) and thus being a sympathetic villain(definitely not comic book Ock) rather than a specific plot he had. I mean they basically had to make Lizard in TASM less like himself in the comics so he wouldn't come off as a rip off/retread of Molina's Ock. I think that's why the family angle was dropped in TASM.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #89
echostation
Banned User

Way to go marvel... enjoyable film first off, but reals? realz? First don't tell the American scrawny Captain to work out and get big and now the Mandarin legendary character know to all fans gets treatment with lesser of more.

Mind if you please that Bane in TDKR Rouses, if he faked his baddieness. If he come with foul intention of being in there but then it showed no... HE NOT baddy, he's bodybuilder just there to show illusion. All would praise Nolan for creativity. Here Shane Dark get blast... why?

Last edited by echostation; 05-01-2013 at 08:12 AM.
echostation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #90
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't understand why everyone wants spoilers :')

Old 05-01-2013, 02:52 PM   #91
bullets
bang bang

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Ock's wife, Lizard's family, not much difference there. And I was talking about the way in which he was a villain(arms told him to do it like the reptilian dna making Lizard be evil) and thus being a sympathetic villain(definitely not comic book Ock) rather than a specific plot he had. I mean they basically had to make Lizard in TASM less like himself in the comics so he wouldn't come off as a rip off/retread of Molina's Ock. I think that's why the family angle was dropped in TASM.

Now that you mention it , that does make sense. Molina still gave a great performance and Spider-Man 2 was memorable.

bullets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:59 AM   #92
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

I thought Pearce really enjoyed being in this type of film more so than Rourke did in IM2. He knew what type of movie it was and really relished in his villain role.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #93
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

agreed ^

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:43 AM   #94
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Is anyone else disappointed Killian
died
? Honestly, he was much more of a badass
Mandarin
than what I thought we were gonna get.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:48 AM   #95
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

we don't know if he is dead

Old 05-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #96
BatmanBeyond
Future Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyJoker View Post
I thought Pearce really enjoyed being in this type of film more so than Rourke did in IM2. He knew what type of movie it was and really relished in his villain role.
Pearce being the villain is one of the main reasons the twist worked for me. He's a great actor.

Cracked.com's Bat Battle: http://www.cracked.com/article_15029...ie-batman.html
BatmanBeyond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:57 AM   #97
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Masters of Evil. Mandarin, Zemo, Enchantress, Abomination. I think you have to get some big names in the role though. Pearce and Tim Roth are a start. Who could play Zemo and rival Hugo Weaving?

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #98
TheDarkKnight08
genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I certainly hope not.

If any character has ever earned the right to enjoy a happy retirement, it is Bruce Wayne. Nolan ought to be commended for caring enough about the character and believing enough in his own vision to provide a definitive, satisfying ending to the story of an ordinary man who turned tragedy into the motivation to accomplish something extraordinary.
TheDarkKnight08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #99
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick

its like saying that Red Skull died at the end of Cap.

There is no evidence for or against either assumption.

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #100
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Masters of Evil. Mandarin, Zemo, Enchantress, Abomination. I think you have to get some big names in the role though. Pearce and Tim Roth are a start. Who could play Zemo and rival Hugo Weaving?
if we do get masters of evil, we won't get enchantress in this movie.