The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 PM   #101
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,975
Default Re: Thor's power level

agreed

I still want a battle cry.

Still do

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:50 PM   #102
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

^ I could care less about stuff that trivial, unless you're talking about a "For Asgard"!

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:04 AM   #103
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,975
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
^ I could care less about stuff that trivial, unless you're talking about a "For Asgard"!



"for asgard!"

and some MCU form of

"have at thee!"

I would love that, Kurse makes a threat, and thor response with something like, "so be it, have at you monster!"

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:31 PM   #104
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Bump

So how did you guys like Thor being able to teleport in the trailer?

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:05 PM   #105
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,245
Default Re: Thor's power level

If he is in fact teleporting, it's freaking AWESOME! but we still don't know exactly what's going on there, if he's just arriving or teleporting across the field of battle or what.. I'm hoping for teleporting.

Maybe somehow going from a battle on earth to a battle in asgard or another realm at the same times.

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:26 PM   #106
Donar
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 116
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Bump

So how did you guys like Thor being able to teleport in the trailer?
If he's indeed teleporting, with the use of Mjolnir, I find it awesome!

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:39 PM   #107
itchyscratch
Side-Kick
 
itchyscratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 672
Default Re: Thor's power level

Count me in. And if teleporting to different fights in different places doesn't allow Thor to actually win any of those battles then it will still come down to him having to choose which place, planet or person he wants to save most. Teleporting + Ongoing Angsty Dilemmas = Win!

itchyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #108
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 468
Default Re: Thor's power level

if anything thor has a level of invulnerability not matched by anyone in any comic book movie.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThanosAVatar Of Death
Apocalypse scares me...he is why i dont visit earth that much

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 AM   #109
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,558
Default Re: Thor's power level

I had a dream that we do see Ultron in an Avengers movie and Thor did is "I would have words with thee" line....

ctsketch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #110
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
If he is in fact teleporting, it's freaking AWESOME! but we still don't know exactly what's going on there, if he's just arriving or teleporting across the field of battle or what.. I'm hoping for teleporting.

Maybe somehow going from a battle on earth to a battle in asgard or another realm at the same times.
He teleported directly in front of Mjolnir's path, I don't see how it could be anything BUT teleporting across the battle field.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
If he's indeed teleporting, with the use of Mjolnir, I find it awesome!
I'm not gonna lie, it looks like he's teleporting under his own power without Mjolnir in the trailer.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #111
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,815
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
He teleported directly in front of Mjolnir's path, I don't see how it could be anything BUT teleporting across the battle field.



I'm not gonna lie, it looks like he's teleporting under his own power without Mjolnir in the trailer.
I don't really dare hope that he's teleporting on his own yet since the visual effect looks very much like the Bifrost. It of course doesn't seem like a normal arrival on the Rainbow Bridge either, seeing how Mjolnir is already there.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #112
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I don't really dare hope that he's teleporting on his own yet since the visual effect looks very much like the Bifrost. It of course doesn't seem like a normal arrival on the Rainbow Bridge either, seeing how Mjolnir is already there.
Imo the effects don't really look like the bifrost's effects, the lights are white instead orange. Also Mjolnir is already there as you've pointed out, I don't know why Mjolnir would be in a different dimension than Thor.

Not saying it's impossible, I just don't really see how that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
if anything thor has a level of invulnerability not matched by anyone in any comic book movie.
It was matched by Hulk's in The Avengers and surpassed by Superman's in pretty much any Superman film.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #113
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,558
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
I don't really dare hope that he's teleporting on his own yet since the visual effect looks very much like the Bifrost. It of course doesn't seem like a normal arrival on the Rainbow Bridge either, seeing how Mjolnir is already there.
he could have left mjonir on the battlefield there?

ctsketch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #114
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,558
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Imo the effects don't really look like the bifrost's effects, the lights are white instead orange. Also Mjolnir is already there as you've pointed out, I don't know why Mjolnir would be in a different dimension than Thor.

Not saying it's impossible, I just don't really see how that makes sense.



It was matched by Hulk's in The Avengers and surpassed by Superman's in pretty much any Superman film.
the most durable item is either Loki or Hulk's pants

ctsketch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #115
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
the most durable item is either Loki or Hulk's pants
I'd say Thor was abit more durable than Loki, not by much but he was tougher in my opinion.

Now Hulk's pants on the other hand, that's an entirely different story.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #116
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,815
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Imo the effects don't really look like the bifrost's effects, the lights are white instead orange. Also Mjolnir is already there as you've pointed out, I don't know why Mjolnir would be in a different dimension than Thor.

Not saying it's impossible, I just don't really see how that makes sense.
It's true that the Bifrost is pretty orange when Thor travels it with Jane in the trailer. It was whiter in the first Thor movie though so that's why I reasoned like I did, but the relevant comparison should of course be the one made within the same movie so there's good chance that Thor does something else (which I would approve of).

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
It was matched by Hulk's in The Avengers and surpassed by Superman's in pretty much any Superman film.
Well, technically (regardless of intent by the filmmakers) both Thor and Hulk fall from the same height and crash into the ground at the same speed, leaving Thor a bit dirty and Hulk knocked out.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:28 PM   #117
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
It's true that the Bifrost is pretty orange when Thor travels it with Jane in the trailer. It was whiter in the first Thor movie though so that's why I reasoned like I did, but the relevant comparison should of course be the one made within the same movie so there's good chance that Thor does something else (which I would approve of).
You had a good point my man, I'm just trying to remain hopeful for new powers.

*crosses fingers*


Quote:
Well, technically (regardless of intent by the filmmakers) both Thor and Hulk fall from the same height and crash into the ground at the same speed, leaving Thor a bit dirty and Hulk knocked out.
Very true, so I might just have to go ahead and give goldilocks the slight edge,

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:44 PM   #118
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,815
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
You had a good point my man, I'm just trying to remain hopeful for new powers.

*crosses fingers*
But at the same time you're right that it does look distinctly different so there's certainly good reason for us to remain hopeful. After all, they are trying to make him fight more godly and that would certainly be something that really transcends "hammer-throwing viking".

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 01:47 PM   #119
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
But at the same time you're right that it does look distinctly different so there's certainly good reason for us to remain hopeful. After all, they are trying to make him fight more godly and that would certainly be something that really transcends "hammer-throwing viking".
True, so I'm gonna hope for the best which is the teleporting being part of his new power displays.

You're right it does fit with what they said about Thor fighting more godly, I just want him to do it atleast three times throughout the film. I say that because I know it's not gonna be something he can do all the time without strainl.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:04 PM   #120
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument
 
Mjölnir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,815
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
True, so I'm gonna hope for the best which is the teleporting being part of his new power displays.

You're right it does fit with what they said about Thor fighting more godly, I just want him to do it atleast three times throughout the film. I say that because I know it's not gonna be something he can do all the time without strainl.
Yes, it would be a bit silly if they made him into Thorcrawler but as a means to move around a battlefield is cool.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM   #121
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 5,975
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Imo the effects don't really look like the bifrost's effects, the lights are white instead orange. Also Mjolnir is already there as you've pointed out, I don't know why Mjolnir would be in a different dimension than Thor.

Not saying it's impossible, I just don't really see how that makes sense.



It was matched by Hulk's in The Avengers and surpassed by Superman's in pretty much any Superman film.
idk, I think Thor was more durable than Hulk. He tanked a 17,000 foot fall. while a 30,000 foot fall KO'd Hulk. Yes. It KO'd him. idc that he was "awake when he fell" that doesn't mean the impact didn't KO him. banner wokeup right where hulk landed, you can see the impact crater..

also, the fact that in that final battle, they showed each avenger getting hurt at one point, then they showed thor, who wasn't only NOT hurt, but he kept fighting....I agree with whoever said it originally. In terms of durability...thor in the MCU so far is the standard to judge all others.

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #122
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?
 
BigThor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States
Posts: 14,091
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Yes, it would be a bit silly if they made him into Thorcrawler but as a means to move around a battlefield is cool.
Yes it would be, but Thor was able to teleport via lightning in that Ultime Avengers cartoon so it's not like it's never happened. So Thor teleporting about 3 times throughout the movie would be okay to me, which would make it something he does in times of need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
idk, I think Thor was more durable than Hulk. He tanked a 17,000 foot fall. while a 30,000 foot fall KO'd Hulk. Yes. It KO'd him. idc that he was "awake when he fell" that doesn't mean the impact didn't KO him. banner wokeup right where hulk landed, you can see the impact crater..

also, the fact that in that final battle, they showed each avenger getting hurt at one point, then they showed thor, who wasn't only NOT hurt, but he kept fighting....I agree with whoever said it originally. In terms of durability...thor in the MCU so far is the standard to judge all others.
Thor and Hulk fell from about the same height, that jet didn't carry Hulk that far into the air before explode. I'd say both of them fell from around 30,000 feet or so.

__________________
CAPTAIN AMERICA, THOR, IRON MAN, THE INCREDIBLE HULK, BLACK WIDOW, AND HAWKEYE
THE AVENGERS
Spider-Man - It's the end of the world, I'M FREAKING OUT...why aren't you freaking out?
Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:55 AM   #123
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,591
Default Re: Thor's power level

Wouldn't matter at that height, no? Surely they'd have reached their terminal velocity by then anyway. The question is, which (Hulk or the glass cage) was more aerodynamic and therefore had the higher terminal velocity.

Ah. Close to Full Geek I went.

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:02 AM   #124
Flemm
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 477
Default Re: Thor's power level

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Bump

So how did you guys like Thor being able to teleport in the trailer?
Yeah... not really sure what to make of that shot in the trailer.

It looks like Bifrost, but the hammer seems to already be there. I dunno. Very intriguing.

Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:27 AM   #125
Bren
Forevernoob
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,591
Default Re: Thor's power level

Maybe he has learnt he can teleport into the path of the hammer. Like choosing to go to IT, instead of having it return to him. I dunno...

Bren is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.