The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 04-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #76
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

oh btw regarding the whole Mandarin fiasco, i can understand why most would not like it, mainly because it was teased through the marketing like crazy.
I respect the vision of the actors and Shane Black but the marketing is the one to blame here me thinks.
But i really want to see an actual Mandarin fight Stark in epic fashion, for now i am quenched in Killian vs. Stark

Last edited by darkslayer101; 05-01-2013 at 12:06 AM.
darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 11:56 PM   #77
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I JUST REALIZED:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

that when Tony is narrating the different parts at the beginning and throughout, he's talking to Bruce the entire time! I'm such an idiot hahaha

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:01 AM   #78
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
K

And the part highlighted in bold is one of the more dumber contrived arguements about the issue whenever this issue is brought up.

- Movie was about The Avengers, not Spidey. Can't leave a hint of him since you don't want the audience to anticipate him throughout the whole battle.
You can't leave a hint of him because the audience would anticipate him throughout? Who proposed hinting at him? I didn't.

Quote:
The focus is on the Avengers.
- If TASM took place before TA
- Spidey was at another part of the city, since most of the battle we see is concentrated around just Park Avenue and Grand Central Terminal.
- If TASM took place after TA
- Could explain all the cranes conviently placed in Midtown in TASM.
Etc, there's way more aspects to this.

This has been discussed and debated way more times on SHH than needed.
And all the reasons are contrived. If he was there during the melee, but in another part of the city people would still have noticed him and don't you think he would've made the news like the Avengers did? Those cranes you speak of were a cheap plot device ..... regardless if TASM happened "after" the city sure lacked any remnants of destruction after only a couple months time. Pretty improbably given the amount of it the invasion caused.

Alas you're fixating on simply one part of my entire argument when it comes to the illogical belief Spidey could appear in any Avengers movie.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-01-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #79
ArmouredAvenger

Alright Everyone. I noticed this on my first and second viewings of the film. When Tony and Rhodey are at the bar, he gets into his (what seems to be) Mk. VII suit - maybe the one from The Avengers? It seems damaged. Anyway, that's alright, although I don't understand why he'd wear that one - a damaged one too, when there's a perfectly okay one in his original hall of armour - and surely this is a huge reminder of The Battle of New York, which could induce yet another panic attack. The suit is also seen at the end, it's the one that attempts to attack Pepper, and is destroyed by her. Could this be the Mk. VIII? Why is it kept separate? Maybe it's s special reminder of New York or something like that. It's funny to note also they didn't show off another new suit, instead of one we know :/ Just wanted to know you guys' thoughts!

ArmouredAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #80
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
I heard Christian Bale shows up during the mid-credits, teasing the new tv show on NBC...

Bruce & Tony
Which is followed by the Deadpool/Rorschach sitcom.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #81
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmouredAvenger View Post
Alright Everyone. I noticed this on my first and second viewings of the film. When Tony and Rhodey are at the bar, he gets into his (what seems to be) Mk. VII suit - maybe the one from The Avengers? It seems damaged. Anyway, that's alright, although I don't understand why he'd wear that one - a damaged one too, when there's a perfectly okay one in his original hall of armour - and surely this is a huge reminder of The Battle of New York, which could induce yet another panic attack. The suit is also seen at the end, it's the one that attempts to attack Pepper, and is destroyed by her. Could this be the Mk. VIII? Why is it kept separate? Maybe it's s special reminder of New York or something like that. It's funny to note also they didn't show off another new suit, instead of one we know :/ Just wanted to know you guys' thoughts!

Your entire post should be under spoiler tags.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:10 AM   #82
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
seems fine to me.. what's being spoiled there? that Tony and Rhodey are at a bar and that he get's into to a suit?

Oh man, I wasn't expecting either of those to happen!

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 05-01-2013, 03:13 AM   #83
ArmouredAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Didn't think it was too spoiler-ish, would have done all of it otherwise. I'm new, so apologies all the same

Old 05-01-2013, 03:32 AM   #84
ArmouredAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

Is that middle one with all the suits legit?

Old 05-01-2013, 03:38 AM   #85
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

yes, it's a design by Mondo I believe his name is. Not quite sure where he got all the suit art from though, haven't seen all those released yet.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:48 AM   #86
ArmouredAvenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yes, it's a design by Mondo I believe his name is. Not quite sure where he got all the suit art from though, haven't seen all those released yet.
Yeah, I didn't think they revealed all the suits yet! Hopefully they will after the US release, it was hard to get a good look at them all in the finale.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 AM   #87
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

For what it's worth (for those trying to get a sample of how casuals and non-fans think of the whole mandarin thing) I told a large group of my friends about how good Iron Man 3 was and frankly they weren't too interested, they are fans of Shane Black, but they aren't too into the MCU and comic book films in general. I told them the twist and they were all immediately intrigued at the idea and now I've just given Mavel 7 tickets worth of income. Thank me later Marvel.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #88
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

yes once it's out in the states here I'll be able to ask a good amount of people what they thought of it and gauge their reactions, I don't know any comic book readers (including myself) so I assume maybe 1 or 2 will know who Mandarin is before hand. I think the twist works very, very well with those not associated and familar with the comics, and comes off as either hated or accepting of the change by the ones who do read comics.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 AM   #89
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
yes once it's out in the states here I'll be able to ask a good amount of people what they thought of it and gauge their reactions, I don't know any comic book readers (including myself) so I assume maybe 1 or 2 will know who Mandarin is before hand. I think the twist works very, very well with those not associated and familar with the comics, and comes off as either hated or accepting of the change by the ones who do read comics.
In my personal experience, I'm not sure I've seen many non-comic book fans (if any) actually NOT enjoy the twist immensely. It's still early though.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-01-2013, 04:38 AM   #90
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
In my personal experience, I'm not sure I've seen many non-comic book fans (if any) actually NOT enjoy the twist immensely. It's still early though.
Yeah that's my guess as well. Being able to step back and look at it without predisposed ideas of what Mandarin should be like really helps the 'twist' gain credibility. To me it worked so perfectly in the context of the movie, and I also thought that Mandarin was given a proper showing it was just spread out over 2 characters.

I'd confidently say 90% of each theaters audience at a showing will not know who Mandarin is before hand but can tell he's going to be a force to be reckoned with from seeing the trailers and TV spots, and those are the ones who I would assume will enjoy the twist the most because it's so unexpected and executed well. The other 10% would consist of those who range from slightly to very familiar with comic Mandarin and probably have an idea in their heads already of how the story and character will play out on screen, those in that percentage will either be let down because they didn't think the character received the proper treatment or they will accept the twist.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:10 AM   #91
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Yeah that's my guess as well. Being able to step back and look at it without predisposed ideas of what Mandarin should be like really helps the 'twist' gain credibility. To me it worked so perfectly in the context of the movie, and I also thought that Mandarin was given a proper showing it was just spread out over 2 characters.

I'd confidently say 90% of each theaters audience at a showing will not know who Mandarin is before hand but can tell he's going to be a force to be reckoned with from seeing the trailers and TV spots, and those are the ones who I would assume will enjoy the twist the most because it's so unexpected and executed well. The other 10% would consist of those who range from slightly to very familiar with comic Mandarin and probably have an idea in their heads already of how the story and character will play out on screen, those in that percentage will either be let down because they didn't think the character received the proper treatment or they will accept the twist.
I fully knew who the mandarin was and i was expecting a great performance from Ben Kingsley even having known the twist beforehand, but i didn't realise how it would play out, and I felt it was jarring and surreal...but it definitely made the film a hell of a lot better in my eyes.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #92
divan
Side-Kick

The twist works much better if you accept the fact that Aldrich Killian is The Mandarin, not just it's creator. Him yelling it aloud in the third act was not a revelation, but a character moment. He accepts he's always been The Mandarin much like Tony Stark accepts he is Iron Man. The line 'I am The Mandarin' is basically an echo of Tony Stark's last line in both this film and the first one: I am Iron Man.

Also, Killian kinda reminded me of Syndrome from The Incredibles, as he was also a fan of the hero until said hero disappointed him completely.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:48 AM   #93
Waldini
Side-Kick

So, after having seen the movie for a second time I came to accept the big "twist".

Once you put things intro perspective ... and realize movies tend to deviate from their comic origins you'll start to accept that Iron Man 3 is a solid movie.

It's still a damn shame the other armors weren't shown more. That better be on the Blu-Ray!

Waldini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #94
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
i just realized:

that when tony is narrating the different parts at the beginning and throughout, he's talking to bruce the entire time! I'm such an idiot hahaha
omg that's genius! Fridge brilliance!

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #95
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I got my tix for Saturday!

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #96
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
I got my tix for Saturday!
I'm jelly can't see it till Sunday.

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #97
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

In response to Jawtug's "scoop", I thought I'd post this for ****s and giggles.

https://twitter.com/JamesGelberg/sta...33913502089217

Quote:
"I would be entertained to see how Peter Parker reacted to Tony Stark..." - KF #ewcapefest

KF = Kevin Feige.

He was at EW's CapeTown Film Festival talking Iron Man 3, Phase 2 and beyond.

At some point, not sure if during EW's interview, Spider-Man came up.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/05/0...medium=twitter

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #98
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

re: Jawtug

It's possible--maybe even probable--that it's complete BS, but it's also possible that it's true. If we start jumping down the throats of everyone that comes to SHH with an alleged scoop, we're going to run off a lot of potential insider knowledge, knowledge that other boards would be happy to have, I'm sure.

As long as scoopers know they're facing a permaban if they intentionally mislead us, we should give them the benefit of the doubt. I'd rather have them come here and be right only some of the time than for them to not come at all.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 AM   #99
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post

I love that and things like that...thanks for posting it.

C. Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #100
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmouredAvenger View Post
Damn i didn't notice the part where Pepper destroys Mk. VIII, kinda symoblic since tony doesn't have panic attacks anymore nice catch.
I think the armor reminds him of his protection during the battle, so it probably makes him safe and less nervous.

Last edited by darkslayer101; 05-01-2013 at 09:24 AM.
darkslayer101 is offline   Reply With Quote