The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 12:12 PM   #501
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Another small interesting note from the book, Clark has no friends. Whitney is the school bully and Pete is Whitney's best friend/lackey kinda guy. Whitney picks on Clark all through school

Old 05-01-2013, 12:23 PM   #502
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Just bought the book on my iPad woohoo time to read

Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #503
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoKnight13 View Post
Another small interesting note from the book, Clark has no friends. Whitney is the school bully and Pete is Whitney's best friend/lackey kinda guy. Whitney picks on Clark all through school
Not even Lana is his friend?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 PM   #504
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Only in the movies would a guy named Whitney be a school bully.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #505
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Okay I'm glad I bought this book. Lol I picture all the movie characters as I'm reading it it's good.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #506
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Not even Lana is his friend?
Nope, they're neighbors though. They had a play date once when they were 3 and Clark would throw her into the air and catch her, they were both having a lot of fun with it but it scared Martha so they never really talked much after that. Lana does stand up for him when Whitney bullies him though, which more embarrasses Clark that he can't stand up for himself.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #507
Misha
Side-Kick

Ah... I'm not reading that until after the movie. I read the novelization of SR in one afternoon. Some things I really enjoyed, some others I really wanted to smack the author with the book... But all around, this is something I want for dessert

Old 05-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #508
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Nope, they're neighbors though. They had a play date once when they were 3 and Clark would throw her into the air and catch her, they were both having a lot of fun with it but it scared Martha so they never really talked much after that. Lana does stand up for him when Whitney bullies him though, which more embarrasses Clark that he can't stand up for himself.
Hmm. I don't think I much like that. Clark is a good down-to-earth and likable boy, not an outsider for the majority of his life. I don't like the idea of him being that much of a loner.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #509
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
not even Lana??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #510
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Yeah pretty much his only real friend is his dog. Also, I just finished the book lol. It ends when he's 13 and Jonathan shows him the ship, so no mention of Zod or any spoilers relating to Jonathan's fate or how he actually becomes superman and travels the world. Probably mostly stuff to fill in the gaps that won't fit in the movie, but a good quick little read for sure. I don't think I'll read the full novelization until after the movie though.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:20 PM   #511
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Maybe Lana becomes his friend after he is 13 then. A high school friend. I'm having difficulties imagining that Clark has zero friends throughout his life.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #512
Notrip
SuperDaD

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2013/05/01...e-general-zod/

Has anyone posted this, MTV interview with Michael Shannon. Pretty funny stuff. How he got the role of Zod.

Old 05-01-2013, 01:58 PM   #513
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Maybe Lana becomes his friend after he is 13 then. A high school friend. I'm having difficulties imagining that Clark has zero friends throughout his life.
Yeah, could be. She stands up for him so it's not like he's a total loner I guess. But they make a point of saying they're neighbors their whole lives but never really know each other. Could be a high school crush situation though.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #514
souperman
Side-Dish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrip View Post

Has anyone posted this, MTV interview with Michael Shannon. Pretty funny stuff. How he got the role of Zod.

nice... shannon is...

Lois: Call me Lois. Come on, I'll take you to lunch and show you the ropes.
Clark: That'd be great Lois ,...but no Shawarma.

http://soupermanshh.deviantart.com/
Old 05-01-2013, 02:07 PM   #515
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

maybe this time around, they'll have Lana crush on Clark instead of the other way around.

I wonder how the kids feel towards Clark after he saves their ass from the bus, though.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #516
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrip View Post

What the hell. Why does MTV always post this stuff to their American site, country lock it, and never post it on their Canadian site. I just don't get it. So frustrating.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #517
Dragon_316ca
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDetective View Post
What the hell. Why does MTV always post this stuff to their American site, country lock it, and never post it on their Canadian site. I just don't get it. So frustrating.
I got two words for you: Media Hint.

Matthew Modine: You can't really relate to Thor, for instance! I like the story, but I don't relate to him -- I can't use his hammer!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #518
wonderwoman5757
Side-Kick

ummm he has told this story a gabillion times. this can't be new to you guys?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #519
Misha
Side-Kick

You would be amazed at the things not everyone already knows

Old 05-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #520
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah pretty much his only real friend is his dog.
lol

Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #521
Glassjaw
In training

So how long until Modern Family airs my US chums?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #522
Notrip
SuperDaD

It may be new for some. I have heard the story twice, but it was a pretty funny interview non the less.

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #523
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
A little over 5 hours.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #524
Notrip
SuperDaD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
5 hours 16 minutes

Amy Adams - Lois Lane
? - Jim Gordon
Hugh Laurie - Alfred

Old 05-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #525
KryptoKnight13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by moviefreak View Post
lol

Yep that's actually his childhood dog Shelby

Closed Thread