Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #851
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
What about Marvel Superheros: War of the Gems? Was that a good one?
Yeah, I used to love that game. The gameplay is great.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #852
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
Ah sweet, so is DKC2 the better one?
Most people seem to think so.

Quote:
I think i saw some Mega Man at this store i go to, but think they were fairly pricey.
Yeah, a lot of SNES games have become kind of valuable. If you were serious about playing SNES games it would probably would have been cheaper in the long run to buy a Wii and get the digital versions.

You like Streets of Rage right? Final Fight might be worth looking into. Not as good as Streets of Rage in my opinion, but worth playing if you like beat 'em ups. Avoid the first one, it's a bad port of the arcade game, while two and three were made specifically for the SNES if I remember correctly.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #853
zenith16
Side-Kick

final fight has a huge series in it's self. some I think I haven't played all of it that there is I'm missing a few installments but that series is well worth it.

Old 05-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #854
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Most people seem to think so.

Yeah, a lot of SNES games have become kind of valuable. If you were serious about playing SNES games it would probably would have been cheaper in the long run to buy a Wii and get the digital versions.

You like Streets of Rage right? Final Fight might be worth looking into. Not as good as Streets of Rage in my opinion, but worth playing if you like beat 'em ups. Avoid the first one, it's a bad port of the arcade game, while two and three were made specifically for the SNES if I remember correctly.

Yea i thought about that, but i had the console and only needed the power cord, so as of now im only 10 bux into the system plus whatever games i decide to get. So far iv spent like 30 bux on 3 games. I'll prob get like 3 or 4 more and then thatll be enough of a jog down memory lane.

Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #855
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick

Donkey Kong Country 2 is the best DKC game.*

* Have not played the Wii game.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #856
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

This is absolutely glorious.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #857
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Iv seen a lot of these videos lately. Some ppl just have music in their blood.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #858
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Donkey Kong Country 2 is the best DKC game.*

* Have not played the Wii game.
DKC Returns is a great game, too. But the first one is still my favorite.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #859
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
This is absolutely glorious.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah, seen that one. Really awesome how the guy did it.

I really love the Street Fighter II backing music to each character's stage. A large part of it is probably nostalgia after all that SNES play but I know them all by heart and getting a free CD copy of all the music with a games magazine certainly helped with that.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #860
Soapy
It's happening again...

Wow, he's done a lot of these.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #861
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Quote:
So i brought my SNES back from my parents house, bought a power cord and now i need some games to play. Anyone recommend some good SNES games? I cant really remember any. Any good Spider-Man or like X-Men type games?
Bomberman games are fun
A good Spider-Man game other than Maximum Carnage (much easier on the Genesis btw) is a Japanese game "The Amazing Spider-Man: Deadly Foes", it has a time limit

Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #862
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Do you know anything about this game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster...rontier_Online

I think it's for Japanese XBox 360 (which I also own) but just wondering if it's the same line of Monster Hunter games? Will get it for sure if so.
Indeed I have heard of this game! The aesthetics are much closer to the PSP game Freedom Unite than Tri Ultimate if you can handle a rougher, less detailed look but it has oodles more monsters than even Unite does. It's also for the PC if you have a decent gaming computer and I believe there is an English patch, but you do need online service and a Japanese isp or they won't let you on the servers. The things you have to do as a non-Japanese citizen just to play the game might not be worth all the hassle though.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Godzilla walks alone but accepts help from his close Kaiju friends when he needs it.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #863
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Indeed I have heard of this game! The aesthetics are much closer to the PSP game Freedom Unite than Tri Ultimate if you can handle a rougher, less detailed look but it has oodles more monsters than even Unite does. It's also for the PC if you have a decent gaming computer and I believe there is an English patch, but you do need online service and a Japanese isp or they won't let you on the servers. The things you have to do as a non-Japanese citizen just to play the game might not be worth all the hassle though.
Japanese ISP! Wow that really does sound like a lot of trouble. Shame, I'm sure this game would sell quite well if they made it more easily available.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #864
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Im thinking of buying dead space 2 and 3 because of the sale on origin...i think 50% off.

I played the first dead space and loved it. Are the sequels any good? worth the money?

Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #865
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Im thinking of buying dead space 2 and 3 because of the sale on origin...i think 50% off.

I played the first dead space and loved it. Are the sequels any good? worth the money?
Oh yea for sure. Dead Space 2 is fantastic and Dead Space 3 does some really neat stuff with the co op.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #866
zenith16
Side-Kick

one that was never forgotten by me the Aliens vs predator beatem up which was awesome.

• The Forgotten Capcom Brawlers

video
    on May 03, 2013 at 01:55 PM

We sit down to play some of the great beat ‘em ups of the 1990s, and much chaotic punching and kicking ensues.
    ... More
source: GI

Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #867
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Oh yea for sure. Dead Space 2 is fantastic and Dead Space 3 does some really neat stuff with the co op.
Thanks. Couple of things; does any of the sequels got cool extra contents? i'm not expecting as much extra contents as res evil 6.Say what you will, but that game gives you truckload of extra contents, which is awesome...and i like the extra contents because how short games are these days...

Secondly, is the 3rd part end of the series?

Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #868
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Japanese ISP! Wow that really does sound like a lot of trouble. Shame, I'm sure this game would sell quite well if they made it more easily available.
There is a very vocal group of people who would love an official release in the Western hemisphere but frankly that's not likely. I'd think Monster Hunter 4 will have a higher chance of a release here in Europe and the West. I guess the reasoning is that since it's along the lines of Freedom Unite's aesthetic that only Asians would buy something with lesser graphics. In fact they weren't even going to bring Tri Ultimate over until Nintendo asked them to and only because they were handling all the marketing. I guess Capcom just really hates the West.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Godzilla walks alone but accepts help from his close Kaiju friends when he needs it.
Old 05-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #869
Fading
>:(

It's kind of a funny, and sad situation. You have Japanese games that won't sell because they're too rooted in the past, and haven't progressed feature wise with the rest of the games market. So some Japanese game makers have shyed away, and tried to adopt more western approaches (like Square buying up western IP's). Meanwhile that shyness has prevented them from releasing some really great games a lot of us would really love to buy, because they've convinced themselves the western market wouldn't like it. So they end up hurting existing franchise by releasing things like Resident Evil 6, trying to appease western markets. While preventing some really great games, that would sell, from reaching other shores, keeping their sales lower.

Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #870
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Thanks. Couple of things; does any of the sequels got cool extra contents? i'm not expecting as much extra contents as res evil 6.Say what you will, but that game gives you truckload of extra contents, which is awesome...and i like the extra contents because how short games are these days...

Secondly, is the 3rd part end of the series?
Im not sure what ya mean by extra content? All the DS games have like New Game Plus modes. As for DS3, yea its technically the end of the trilogy, but they dont completely close of the series. We'll prob see more DS games.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #871
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
It's kind of a funny, and sad situation. You have Japanese games that won't sell because they're too rooted in the past, and haven't progressed feature wise with the rest of the games market. So some Japanese game makers have shyed away, and tried to adopt more western approaches (like Square buying up western IP's). Meanwhile that shyness has prevented them from releasing some really great games a lot of us would really love to buy, because they've convinced themselves the western market wouldn't like it. So they end up hurting existing franchise by releasing things like Resident Evil 6, trying to appease western markets. While preventing some really great games, that would sell, from reaching other shores, keeping their sales lower.
Seriously, Capcom isn't a very kind company towards the West anyway. As I said it took Nintendo's involvement and insistence to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate translated and brought here. In their Naziesque grasp of their franchises they are actually killing their profit margins in the West because they are a bit apathetic to any other market but the Japanese market. With Capcom they're just racist and ethnocentric when it comes to their games, like if you are caught typing English on the Monster Hunter Frontier servers and turned in it's an automatic permaban.

"Ignorance is not bliss"

Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #872
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick

Quote:
Im not sure what ya mean by extra content? All the DS games have like New Game Plus modes. As for DS3, yea its technically the end of the trilogy, but they dont completely close of the series. We'll prob see more DS games.
Extra contents..like the mercenary modes in res evil 6, and all the options that goes with it.Things like that

And how long is the gameplay?

Old 05-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #873
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Extra contents..like the mercenary modes in res evil 6, and all the options that goes with it.Things like that

And how long is the gameplay?
No theres nothing like that, just the New Game Plus. Each game is about 10 hours, Dead Space 3 you can get more out of due to the little side missions and what not.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #874
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
There is a very vocal group of people who would love an official release in the Western hemisphere but frankly that's not likely. I'd think Monster Hunter 4 will have a higher chance of a release here in Europe and the West. I guess the reasoning is that since it's along the lines of Freedom Unite's aesthetic that only Asians would buy something with lesser graphics. In fact they weren't even going to bring Tri Ultimate over until Nintendo asked them to and only because they were handling all the marketing. I guess Capcom just really hates the West.
I need to join this!

Quote:
Seriously, Capcom isn't a very kind company towards the West anyway. As I said it took Nintendo's involvement and insistence to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate translated and brought here. In their Naziesque grasp of their franchises they are actually killing their profit margins in the West because they are a bit apathetic to any other market but the Japanese market. With Capcom they're just racist and ethnocentric when it comes to their games, like if you are caught typing English on the Monster Hunter Frontier servers and turned in it's an automatic permaban.
Wow that really is crazy.

As a beat'em up fan I can say most of the decisions Capcom have made in recent years have been pretty crap. They need a change of management. The one good thing is allowing Street Fighter X Tekken to happen.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #875
Fading
>:(

Quote:
That's idiotic, the permaban thing. It's honestly one of the most retarded reasons I've ever heard for banning someone from a game. I assume the reason they'll give is that it's supposed to be a game solely for the Japan region. So by banning english typers, they say they're cutting down on those who skirt the rules by playing the game from other regions (like by what was said about obtaining a Japanese IP). At least that's my guess for the reason they'd give, without knowing anything else, though I'd say your reasoning is the real one.

Why this is retarded? 1) When have more sales EVER been a bad thing? Why would you ever cut down your consumer base who obtained your game legally? It's just bad business. 2) What if some Japanese student is taking an english speaking course, and just wants to practice with a friend while fighting monsters? Or what if an exchange student from the US, or UK is playing the game while over there, and slips up?

Gah, there's just so much wrong with such a stupid policy like that. Imagine the wrath of gamers if Sony, and MS started banning spanish speaking/typing gamers who did so on US region servers.