The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #851
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,366
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
What about Marvel Superheros: War of the Gems? Was that a good one?
Yeah, I used to love that game. The gameplay is great.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:35 PM   #852
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,525
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Ah sweet, so is DKC2 the better one?
Most people seem to think so.

Quote:
I think i saw some Mega Man at this store i go to, but think they were fairly pricey.
Yeah, a lot of SNES games have become kind of valuable. If you were serious about playing SNES games it would probably would have been cheaper in the long run to buy a Wii and get the digital versions.

You like Streets of Rage right? Final Fight might be worth looking into. Not as good as Streets of Rage in my opinion, but worth playing if you like beat 'em ups. Avoid the first one, it's a bad port of the arcade game, while two and three were made specifically for the SNES if I remember correctly.

Soapy is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #853
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,231
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

final fight has a huge series in it's self. some I think I haven't played all of it that there is I'm missing a few installments but that series is well worth it.

zenith16 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #854
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,447
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soapy View Post
Most people seem to think so.



Yeah, a lot of SNES games have become kind of valuable. If you were serious about playing SNES games it would probably would have been cheaper in the long run to buy a Wii and get the digital versions.

You like Streets of Rage right? Final Fight might be worth looking into. Not as good as Streets of Rage in my opinion, but worth playing if you like beat 'em ups. Avoid the first one, it's a bad port of the arcade game, while two and three were made specifically for the SNES if I remember correctly.

Yea i thought about that, but i had the console and only needed the power cord, so as of now im only 10 bux into the system plus whatever games i decide to get. So far iv spent like 30 bux on 3 games. I'll prob get like 3 or 4 more and then thatll be enough of a jog down memory lane.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #855
MagnarTheGreat
Side-Kick
 
MagnarTheGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 5,140
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Donkey Kong Country 2 is the best DKC game.*

* Have not played the Wii game.

MagnarTheGreat is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:05 PM   #856
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Nathan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 44,999
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

This is absolutely glorious.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Nathan is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #857
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,447
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Iv seen a lot of these videos lately. Some ppl just have music in their blood.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 06:37 PM   #858
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant
 
Jick09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Across the burning sands
Posts: 8,366
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
Donkey Kong Country 2 is the best DKC game.*

* Have not played the Wii game.
DKC Returns is a great game, too. But the first one is still my favorite.

__________________
Quote:
Lewis Black
"If it weren’t for my horse, I wouldn’t have spent that year in college."
Jick09 is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM   #859
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,636
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
This is absolutely glorious.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Yeah, seen that one. Really awesome how the guy did it.

I really love the Street Fighter II backing music to each character's stage. A large part of it is probably nostalgia after all that SNES play but I know them all by heart and getting a free CD copy of all the music with a games magazine certainly helped with that.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-01-2013, 09:57 PM   #860
Soapy
It's happening again...
 
Soapy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 15,525
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Wow, he's done a lot of these.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Soapy is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #861
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 35,608
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
So i brought my SNES back from my parents house, bought a power cord and now i need some games to play. Anyone recommend some good SNES games? I cant really remember any. Any good Spider-Man or like X-Men type games?
Bomberman games are fun
A good Spider-Man game other than Maximum Carnage (much easier on the Genesis btw) is a Japanese game "The Amazing Spider-Man: Deadly Foes", it has a time limit

Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 05-02-2013, 08:44 AM   #862
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Blowing up fragile delusions.
Posts: 6,883
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Do you know anything about this game:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster...rontier_Online

I think it's for Japanese XBox 360 (which I also own) but just wondering if it's the same line of Monster Hunter games? Will get it for sure if so.
Indeed I have heard of this game! The aesthetics are much closer to the PSP game Freedom Unite than Tri Ultimate if you can handle a rougher, less detailed look but it has oodles more monsters than even Unite does. It's also for the PC if you have a decent gaming computer and I believe there is an English patch, but you do need online service and a Japanese isp or they won't let you on the servers. The things you have to do as a non-Japanese citizen just to play the game might not be worth all the hassle though.

__________________
If you ever think of getting behind the wheel while intoxicated please watch this video:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


"Ignorance is not bliss"

Godzilla walks alone but accepts help from his close Kaiju friends when he needs it.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #863
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,636
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Indeed I have heard of this game! The aesthetics are much closer to the PSP game Freedom Unite than Tri Ultimate if you can handle a rougher, less detailed look but it has oodles more monsters than even Unite does. It's also for the PC if you have a decent gaming computer and I believe there is an English patch, but you do need online service and a Japanese isp or they won't let you on the servers. The things you have to do as a non-Japanese citizen just to play the game might not be worth all the hassle though.
Japanese ISP! Wow that really does sound like a lot of trouble. Shame, I'm sure this game would sell quite well if they made it more easily available.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #864
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Im thinking of buying dead space 2 and 3 because of the sale on origin...i think 50% off.

I played the first dead space and loved it. Are the sequels any good? worth the money?

Paladin-Hoss is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:03 PM   #865
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,447
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Im thinking of buying dead space 2 and 3 because of the sale on origin...i think 50% off.

I played the first dead space and loved it. Are the sequels any good? worth the money?
Oh yea for sure. Dead Space 2 is fantastic and Dead Space 3 does some really neat stuff with the co op.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 02:56 PM   #866
zenith16
Side-Kick
 
zenith16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: montreal
Posts: 12,231
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

one that was never forgotten by me the Aliens vs predator beatem up which was awesome.


  • The Forgotten Capcom Brawlers

    video
    on May 03, 2013 at 01:55 PM
    659 Views

    4
    We sit down to play some of the great beat ‘em ups of the 1990s, and much chaotic punching and kicking ensues.
    ... More
source: GI

zenith16 is offline  
Old 05-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #867
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Oh yea for sure. Dead Space 2 is fantastic and Dead Space 3 does some really neat stuff with the co op.
Thanks. Couple of things; does any of the sequels got cool extra contents? i'm not expecting as much extra contents as res evil 6.Say what you will, but that game gives you truckload of extra contents, which is awesome...and i like the extra contents because how short games are these days...

Secondly, is the 3rd part end of the series?

Paladin-Hoss is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #868
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Blowing up fragile delusions.
Posts: 6,883
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Japanese ISP! Wow that really does sound like a lot of trouble. Shame, I'm sure this game would sell quite well if they made it more easily available.
There is a very vocal group of people who would love an official release in the Western hemisphere but frankly that's not likely. I'd think Monster Hunter 4 will have a higher chance of a release here in Europe and the West. I guess the reasoning is that since it's along the lines of Freedom Unite's aesthetic that only Asians would buy something with lesser graphics. In fact they weren't even going to bring Tri Ultimate over until Nintendo asked them to and only because they were handling all the marketing. I guess Capcom just really hates the West.

__________________
If you ever think of getting behind the wheel while intoxicated please watch this video:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


"Ignorance is not bliss"

Godzilla walks alone but accepts help from his close Kaiju friends when he needs it.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:10 PM   #869
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,199
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

It's kind of a funny, and sad situation. You have Japanese games that won't sell because they're too rooted in the past, and haven't progressed feature wise with the rest of the games market. So some Japanese game makers have shyed away, and tried to adopt more western approaches (like Square buying up western IP's). Meanwhile that shyness has prevented them from releasing some really great games a lot of us would really love to buy, because they've convinced themselves the western market wouldn't like it. So they end up hurting existing franchise by releasing things like Resident Evil 6, trying to appease western markets. While preventing some really great games, that would sell, from reaching other shores, keeping their sales lower.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Fading is offline  
Old 05-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #870
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,447
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Thanks. Couple of things; does any of the sequels got cool extra contents? i'm not expecting as much extra contents as res evil 6.Say what you will, but that game gives you truckload of extra contents, which is awesome...and i like the extra contents because how short games are these days...

Secondly, is the 3rd part end of the series?
Im not sure what ya mean by extra content? All the DS games have like New Game Plus modes. As for DS3, yea its technically the end of the trilogy, but they dont completely close of the series. We'll prob see more DS games.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 07:29 AM   #871
Godzilla2000
Brunette Bomb Blast
 
Godzilla2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Blowing up fragile delusions.
Posts: 6,883
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
It's kind of a funny, and sad situation. You have Japanese games that won't sell because they're too rooted in the past, and haven't progressed feature wise with the rest of the games market. So some Japanese game makers have shyed away, and tried to adopt more western approaches (like Square buying up western IP's). Meanwhile that shyness has prevented them from releasing some really great games a lot of us would really love to buy, because they've convinced themselves the western market wouldn't like it. So they end up hurting existing franchise by releasing things like Resident Evil 6, trying to appease western markets. While preventing some really great games, that would sell, from reaching other shores, keeping their sales lower.
Seriously, Capcom isn't a very kind company towards the West anyway. As I said it took Nintendo's involvement and insistence to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate translated and brought here. In their Naziesque grasp of their franchises they are actually killing their profit margins in the West because they are a bit apathetic to any other market but the Japanese market. With Capcom they're just racist and ethnocentric when it comes to their games, like if you are caught typing English on the Monster Hunter Frontier servers and turned in it's an automatic permaban.

__________________
If you ever think of getting behind the wheel while intoxicated please watch this video:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


"Ignorance is not bliss"

Godzilla walks alone but accepts help from his close Kaiju friends when he needs it.
Godzilla2000 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 AM   #872
Paladin-Hoss
Side-Kick
 
Paladin-Hoss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,598
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Im not sure what ya mean by extra content? All the DS games have like New Game Plus modes. As for DS3, yea its technically the end of the trilogy, but they dont completely close of the series. We'll prob see more DS games.
Extra contents..like the mercenary modes in res evil 6, and all the options that goes with it.Things like that

And how long is the gameplay?

Paladin-Hoss is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #873
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: College
Posts: 27,447
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin-Hoss View Post
Extra contents..like the mercenary modes in res evil 6, and all the options that goes with it.Things like that

And how long is the gameplay?
No theres nothing like that, just the New Game Plus. Each game is about 10 hours, Dead Space 3 you can get more out of due to the little side missions and what not.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #874
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 48,636
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
There is a very vocal group of people who would love an official release in the Western hemisphere but frankly that's not likely. I'd think Monster Hunter 4 will have a higher chance of a release here in Europe and the West. I guess the reasoning is that since it's along the lines of Freedom Unite's aesthetic that only Asians would buy something with lesser graphics. In fact they weren't even going to bring Tri Ultimate over until Nintendo asked them to and only because they were handling all the marketing. I guess Capcom just really hates the West.
I need to join this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Seriously, Capcom isn't a very kind company towards the West anyway. As I said it took Nintendo's involvement and insistence to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate translated and brought here. In their Naziesque grasp of their franchises they are actually killing their profit margins in the West because they are a bit apathetic to any other market but the Japanese market. With Capcom they're just racist and ethnocentric when it comes to their games, like if you are caught typing English on the Monster Hunter Frontier servers and turned in it's an automatic permaban.
Wow that really is crazy.

As a beat'em up fan I can say most of the decisions Capcom have made in recent years have been pretty crap. They need a change of management. The one good thing is allowing Street Fighter X Tekken to happen.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #875
Fading
>:(
 
Fading's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 8,199
Default Re: The Gaming Lounge: Beyond - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Seriously, Capcom isn't a very kind company towards the West anyway. As I said it took Nintendo's involvement and insistence to get Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate translated and brought here. In their Naziesque grasp of their franchises they are actually killing their profit margins in the West because they are a bit apathetic to any other market but the Japanese market. With Capcom they're just racist and ethnocentric when it comes to their games, like if you are caught typing English on the Monster Hunter Frontier servers and turned in it's an automatic permaban.
That's idiotic, the permaban thing. It's honestly one of the most retarded reasons I've ever heard for banning someone from a game. I assume the reason they'll give is that it's supposed to be a game solely for the Japan region. So by banning english typers, they say they're cutting down on those who skirt the rules by playing the game from other regions (like by what was said about obtaining a Japanese IP). At least that's my guess for the reason they'd give, without knowing anything else, though I'd say your reasoning is the real one.



Why this is retarded? 1) When have more sales EVER been a bad thing? Why would you ever cut down your consumer base who obtained your game legally? It's just bad business. 2) What if some Japanese student is taking an english speaking course, and just wants to practice with a friend while fighting monsters? Or what if an exchange student from the US, or UK is playing the game while over there, and slips up?


Gah, there's just so much wrong with such a stupid policy like that. Imagine the wrath of gamers if Sony, and MS started banning spanish speaking/typing gamers who did so on US region servers.

__________________
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
Fading is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.