Meh, I Can Deal With It 7 10.29%
I Don't Like It At All 3 4.41%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #101
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Amy Adams is Lois Lane: - Part 9

Thing is I'm not against talking about the age thing. I was in the F4 threads saying that sadly I don't see them casting a woman in her late 30's and early 40's as Sue unless the actress is well known and critically acclaimed and has an oscar or a nom like Adams and Paltrow respectively. I'm not burying my head in the sand, I know that if Adams was little known she would not be playing Lois right now because of her age no matter how amazing her audition was.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:53 PM   #102
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
God, that's a hot couple.
Someone wishes they were the redhead in the pencil skirt.

Old 05-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #103
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Thing is I'm not against talking about the age thing. I was in the F4 threads saying that sadly I don't see them casting a woman in her late 30's and early 40's as Sue unless the actress is well known and critically acclaimed and has an oscar or a nom like Adams and Paltrow respectively. I'm not burying my head in the sand, I know that if Adams was little known she would not be playing Lois right now because of her age no matter how amazing her audition was.
Oh, I don't think you are burying your head in the sand at all. I applaud you for saying outright that this is one thing that you can't be silent about. I agree with you. It's too important and it has actual real world consequences not just for actresses but for all women. This kind of stuff shapes our cultural worldview.

Sadly, that vulture article about leading men and love interests confirms your theory though.

The vulture article states that statistically speaking one of the only ways that women manage to continue to get roles in their late 30's, early 40's is if they have achieved some semblance of fame and in PARTICULAR if they are a reknowned actress.

Amy is most likely (if American Hustle and Big eyes come to pass) going to have 5 Academy Award nominations next year. She already has 4.

Forbes ranked her as one of the actresses most "worth" a studio's $ a few months back. She is worth money because of her prestige and because people LIKE her.

Having Lois Lane as older than Clark and subverting this entire BS gender bias where the guy is always older is AMAZING and sends a great message but it wouldn't have happened if Amy didn't have the power she does.

And that's sad. Because not every actress out there is going to achieve Amy's success. Yet, if you are a man...you can be a mid-level/medicore actor and work well into your 50's without anyone giving you crap about it. But for women? We require basically that they prove they are worth staying around with prestige. It's sad.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #104
Audrey
Side-Kick

Oh and btw....I read that "review" on Reddit.

First off, it's extremely vague and I think it's a fake. Sounds like typical fanboy BS to me. Build up the bad guy and the action and put down the woman and call the love story "kind of sappy."

But let me be clear...even if it is real? Why on earth would I care about the opinion of a guy who says outright that he doesn't really like Superman, has NEVER read a Superman comic in his life and doesn't KNOW alot about Superman?

Lois Lane is my favorite female fictional character of all time. On what planet would I base my feelings about her potrayal in a movie on what someone who clearly has NO IDEA how she is supposed to be potrayed thinks?

The minute one of the people I actually KNOW in fandom who actually KNOW Lois Lane and who she is tells me to be concerned...I'll be concerned. Until then? I could care less what all these random Batman-loving "I always thought Superman was kind of lame to be honest" fanboys think. That's not an opinion that holds water with me because you already lost me before you started.

But still...I call fake.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #105
Mikelus
Islander

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
And for the record I personally thought that Routh was almost as bad as Bosworth. I know that isn't a popular opinion but I just thought I'd throw it out there.
Au contraire, his resume is pretty mediocre for a reason. I always thought he was wrong for the role, not just acting wise, he doesn't have the presence Superman should have.

Old 05-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #106
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

People were singing his praises back in 2006 on here.

Old 05-01-2013, 06:17 PM   #107
The Shield
It's really Happening!

(clicks in and reads I SEE SPIDEY and Audrey's post)

wow... is it not about the fun and games in here.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 05-01-2013, 06:46 PM   #108
Jim-El
"My Son"

Regardless, Amy is a multiple Academy Award nominated actress. I think the role of Lois is in good hands.

"The Kryptonian prophecy will be at last fulfilled. The son becomes the father, the father becomes the son. Farewell forever Kal-El. Remember me my son." - Jor-El/Marlon Brando/Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut
Old 05-01-2013, 07:28 PM   #109
Audrey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
(clicks in and reads I SEE SPIDEY and Audrey's post)

wow... is it not about the fun and games in here.

I really don't see why it's either/or.

There is plenty of room for fun and games.

Also not an excuse to ignore the very real problem of the continued sexism and ageism that continues to pop up about Amy.

Sorry if all the sexism cuts down on the fun for you. It cuts down on the fun for me too. Hence why we address it.

But if you have something fun to add about Amy....what are you waiting for?

Old 05-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #110
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
People were singing his praises back in 2006 on here.
And I disagreed with them then and disagree even more now. I still think that most liked his performance but I thought he was very mediocre in the film and just a lousy actor in general. Seems like a good guy though so I'm only judging him as an artist which of course he would take as personally as every artist does. If someone said that I was a **** writer, I would take it to heart.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-01-2013 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 PM   #111
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Not to stray too far off topic,but I never felt Routh was at fault in SR.If he had a better script,he might have come across better though.

Old 05-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #112
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Someone wishes they were the redhead in the pencil skirt.
...... I've never wanted to be anything like Jimmy Olsen.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 PM   #113
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey View Post
Oh and btw....I read that "review" on Reddit.

First off, it's extremely vague and I think it's a fake. Sounds like typical fanboy BS to me. Build up the bad guy and the action and put down the woman and call the love story "kind of sappy."

But let me be clear...even if it is real? Why on earth would I care about the opinion of a guy who says outright that he doesn't really like Superman, has NEVER read a Superman comic in his life and doesn't KNOW alot about Superman?

Lois Lane is my favorite female fictional character of all time. On what planet would I base my feelings about her potrayal in a movie on what someone who clearly has NO IDEA how she is supposed to be potrayed thinks?

The minute one of the people I actually KNOW in fandom who actually KNOW Lois Lane and who she is tells me to be concerned...I'll be concerned. Until then? I could care less what all these random Batman-loving "I always thought Superman was kind of lame to be honest" fanboys think. That's not an opinion that holds water with me because you already lost me before you started.

But still...I call fake.
Yay! I hope you're right. Amy is my second most part I'm looking forward to with this movie (right behind Cavill). I just don't see how she couldn't have absolutely nailed it.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #114
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
...... I've never wanted to be anything like Jimmy Olsen.

Yeah I just went full circle on yo ass.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #115
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

You pull an Oldman gif on me again, and I'll cut yo ass.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 05-01-2013, 09:54 PM   #116
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Sorry but:

Old 05-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #117
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
What are you talking about, that is an AMAZING Oldman gif!

My mister is older than me (and Henry Cavill), but he still looks like he's in high school. Some people just look older than they are, and some folks look younger than they are.

IIRC, I bet most people who are harping on Amy's age are teenage boys who think the only women worthy of being love interests in CBMs are Megan Fox-types. They tried that in SR (Kate Bosworth was FAR too young and delicate to play an experienced Lois) and see how well that turned out.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #118
Andreth
Side-Kick

New scene of Lois

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 05-02-2013, 12:09 AM   #119
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
New scene of Lois

Although brief, I liked it. It's definitely a beautiful shot of Amy, I actually wonder what the context of it is. It's definitely not going to be any well guarded secret on why MOS's Superman will fall for Lois.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:11 AM   #120
Andreth
Side-Kick

I think that moment goes hand in hand with her scenes from the trailer, she has found the kryptonian spaceship aka the FoS!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 05-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #121
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

she looks like mia kirshner there. awesome!

Old 05-02-2013, 01:16 AM   #122
Asr
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
Dang, if Cavill & her theoretically had babies, they'd be the best-looking babies ever.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:12 AM   #123
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

If any of you guys are so inclined,Amy could use your vote in the Hotties tourney over in Celebrities.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 AM   #124
Smallville13
Side-Kick

**** anyone who says Amy is too old.

And **** those early reviewers for... lying!

Old 05-02-2013, 04:23 AM   #125
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
If any of you guys are so inclined,Amy could use your vote in the Hotties tourney over in Celebrities.
Done!

Closed Thread