The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #726
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

I don't have a problem with the "Jesus pose"....what I DO have a problem with is that this movie ISN'T OUT YET

Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #727
JimJimBinks
A friend

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Most of the marketing of the Smallville pilot revolved around the jesus pose.
I love that we're calling it the Jesus pose.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 05-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #728
BatSpider
Not an S

The Daily Planet is looking at Zod's message!

Old 05-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #729
JimJimBinks
A friend

I'm tempted to record one of these recordings playing on my TV using my phone, then I'll post that.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #730
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
The Daily Planet is looking at Zod's message!
Are you sure that wasn't Military base watching?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #731
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
I'm tempted to record one of these recordings playing on my TV using my phone, then I'll post that.
JimJimBinks is a troll among trolls

Old 05-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #732
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

This is what a big movie looks like. This is a giant scale.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #733
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Howlett View Post
Are you sure that wasn't Military base watching?
Im assuming because Perry White (Fishbourne) is in the shot.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:08 PM   #734
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
This is what a big movie looks like. This is a giant scale.
It's freaking BIBLICAL dude

Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #735
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Superman as Christ is far from a new metaphor. It's only been around for decades. It's fine.

Let's not act like its a groundbreaking new concept is all.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #736
dabilee01
Side-Kick

well, the flying looks pretty freaking awesome. you can almost feel the speed.

while we're comparing to SR, the super zoom flight to earth in the tv spot reminded me of when supes went to space to "hear everything" and then zoomed back down, right before the bank robbery scene.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:10 PM   #737
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelus View Post
Well, even Smallville did the Jesus pose!

(Around the 3.10 mark)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Don't forget these...

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #738
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
JimJimBinks is a troll among trolls
I was about to do it, then I realized my pone only has 3% battery. I don't wanna get up and find the charger, too lazy.
And the baby is about to fall asleep. The slightest movement might wake her.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:11 PM   #739
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Sentinel View Post
It's freaking BIBLICAL dude

The shot of the the military planes is ridiculous. Amazing really.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #740
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Superman as Christ is far from a new metaphor. It's only been around for decades. It's fine.
One thing I just found out Kal-El. El being the family name, El means "god" in Hebrew. So it is something the creators of Superman have always intended. And the first names of his adoptive parents were actually Mary and Joseph. There's a lot of other interesting information online.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #741
Smallville13
Side-Kick

That scream during the tornado... Would he be like that if Jonathan Kent merely suffered a heart attack?

Old 05-01-2013, 09:12 PM   #742
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabilee01 View Post
well, the flying looks pretty freaking awesome. you can almost feel the speed.

while we're comparing to SR, the super zoom flight to earth in the tv spot reminded me of when supes went to space to "hear everything" and then zoomed back down, right before the bank robbery scene.
Yep. Exactly what I thought about.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #743
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Because they can't possibly handle anything related to SR. It's the devil remember.
I didn't even like the film and I sometimes find myself wondering if some people disliked it for the right reasons. I hated most of the chatacters, the plot, the confusing connection to the original films, the not following up on the promise of an interesting reaction from the planet when Supes returned and no I didn't like the lack of physical villian. I didn't hate the kid as much as other people but I thought that it was a wonky idea to give Supes a kid so early in even a hybrid reboot.

I thought the costume was fine, the acting, with the exception of the leads, was fine and the special effects were decent at the time.

Superman should be lifting heavy things and saving people so of course the new film will have that in common with SR and if Superman is falling his arms are going to be out strecthed.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #744
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

I can't wait to see this footage in HD from what I saw it looks awesome.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #745
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Im assuming because Perry White (Fishbourne) is in the shot.
Nah that's definitely the base watching, clever editing shows White watching what looks like the same screen, but they most likely have a television in the Daily Planet as well.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #746
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
That scream during the tornado... Would he be like that if Jonathan Kent merely suffered a heart attack?
Perhaps he just saw that his father has gone out to save one?

Perhaps Jonathan gets caught in the tornado and Clark gets him out relatively unharmed, but he has a heart attack anyways.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #747
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I'm figuring the safest bet is reacting to the same thing that happened here:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Jonathan is killed by Zod and to add extra measure - Clark didn't get there in time. This would go to the "you can't save everyone" arc further than a heart attack would which is why they might go that route. A simple heart attack doesn't usually elicit that kind of reaction. A surprise does and even more a gut-wrenching surprise like someone being stabbed or shot in front of your eyes.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #748
Dark Sentinel
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Howlett View Post
Nah that's definitely the base watching, clever editing shows White watching what looks like the same screen, but they most likely have a television in the Daily Planet as well.
It's likely that it's a worldwide transmission, so everyone near a TV or with a smartphone would see it.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #749
bizarroelaine
Side-Kick

I'm pretty sure Jenny is behind perry in that shot as well. It seems that those two are joined by the hip lol

Old 05-01-2013, 09:17 PM   #750
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Well my dvr didn't record....talk about being pissed

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Closed Thread