The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 04-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #26
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Default Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yeah it only drives me nuts when fans start talking like DC is copying Marvel for something, then I get defensive. Because Hawkeye is a Green Arrow rip off. Captain America is their Superman in some ways. Tony Stark takes a lot from Bruce Wayne. Thanos with Darkseid. Norman Osborne/Green Goblin is Lex Luthor/Joker and Green Lantern/Arrow in name, blah blah blah. I can go on forever.

I criticize Stan Lee for stealing ideas from DC just as much as Batman fans criticize Bob Kane for acting like he invented everything Bill Finger created.

Stan Lee's cameos in every single Marvel movie annoy me too. It was cute the first couple of times but now it's this ego thing that's unnecessary and distracting. If he did a cameo in TDKR I would have threw a slush at the screen lol.
Does, Stan Lee even work on writing marvel comics anymore?

IamtheBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:16 PM   #27
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Does, Stan Lee even work on writing marvel comics anymore?
no, but I hear he does consult with them on both the comics and the movies

@shauner, exactly, Marvel is made up of 95% recycled DC storylines and characters, most DC fans have gotten over it, but when Marvel fans see DC doing something (that DC originally did before Marvel) they complain "oh see, DC is stealing from Marvel".....no...they really aren't....their re-capping something that they have already done themselves....its annoyingly sad somethings

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:02 AM   #28
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
The thing drives me crazy is that Superman and Batman have been around longer then Captain America, Iron Man, Hawkeye, etc if anything Marvel got their ideas from Batman and Superman.
What??? Nobody said DC copied anything from Marvel so I don't know why you brought that up. We're only using Avengers as a comparison since is a pre-existing film and the easiest thing to compare JL to.

Also, not that it really matters, but Captain America is only 2-3 years younger than Bats and Supes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
@shauner, exactly, Marvel is made up of 95% recycled DC storylines and characters,
Tell me you're not serious

Quote:
most DC fans have gotten over it, but when Marvel fans see DC doing something (that DC originally did before Marvel) they complain "oh see, DC is stealing from Marvel".....no...they really aren't....their re-capping something that they have already done themselves....its annoyingly sad somethings
So many generalizations it makes my head hurt. This is a really untrue and fanboyish thing to say. Marvel and DC fans like to act like it's only the other fanbase and company that ever does anything wrong when in reality they both have their share of guilty people. Annoyingly sad? After what I just read from you that sounds about right.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 04-16-2013 at 02:28 AM.
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:21 AM   #29
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
no, but I hear he does consult with them on both the comics and the movies

@shauner, exactly, Marvel is made up of 95% recycled DC storylines and characters, most DC fans have gotten over it, but when Marvel fans see DC doing something (that DC originally did before Marvel) they complain "oh see, DC is stealing from Marvel".....no...they really aren't....their re-capping something that they have already done themselves....its annoyingly sad somethings
Exaggeration much? Yes, Marvel borrowed ideas from DC, and vise versa. It's the way comic book industry runs, just one big copy cat league. But to imply that 95% of Marvel came from DC is simply ridiculous.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #30
shauner111
Side-Kick

I can list a hundred characters off the top of my head. Key characters in Marvel that are just rip-offs of DC characters or amalgamations of. But I wont.

I like Marvel, well a few of its characters. They have original characters but it's rare IMO because most of them are just Stan Lee's version of this DC villain or that DC superhero.

DC has been guilty of borrowing/stealing from Marvel as well but not anywhere near the level Marvel has. I would say 80 percent of Marvels roster are amalgamations of pre-existing DC comics heroes/rogues. It's not that big of a deal but when a Marvel fan comes into whatever area and starts harping that Darkseid will just be a Thanos rip-off (using those words specifically) it makes me .

Anyways back to the topic. JL may be done like X-Men but if Batman is rebooted with a younger actor, I think the rest of the team will all be around the same age & they'll be treated equally.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 04:47 PM   #31
Donar
Banned User

It's sad how some DC fanboys are so bitter.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:41 PM   #32
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
this is nothing new sadly, its common knowledge that Stan Lee actually use to work for DC comics and when he left, he "borrowed" ideas and made his own characters, hell he even went as far as remaking Superman, Wonder Woman & Batman, same names and everything, just different looks and origins....thank god it was flop cause they were horrible (in my opinion lol)
Stan Lee never worked for DC, he started out at what would become Marvel in the 1940s because he was related to the publisher of the company. Also if you look back in the 40s everyone was ripping off everyone. and also Batman and Superman aren't 100% original, Batman is a combo of the Shadow and Zorro and superman isa rip off of the Gladiator novel first published in 1930, and even his Fortress of Solitude" first appeared in the Doc Savage pulps in the 1930s and 1940s. Doc Savage even built his Fortress of Solitude in the Arctic.

HR-PUFF&STUFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #33
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I can list a hundred characters off the top of my head. Key characters in Marvel that are just rip-offs of DC characters or amalgamations of. But I wont.
You won't? Why not? Probably because that's bogus. Marvel has used a fair (but not large) amount of DC characters as inspiration, but hardly any of their most popular/relevant/important characters are anything resembling rip offs.

Off the top of my head, regarding relevant characters, I can say that Nova is a ripoff of Green Lantern. Thanos and Hawkeye were inspired by Oliver and Darkseid. And Deadpool is a parody of Deathstroke. But the majority of Marvel's characters are original, and anyone saying otherwise has some serious fanboy glasses that need to be removed.

As a DC and Marvel fan, it's extremely hard to be on these DC boards because it seems like so many of you have a bias against Marvel. I wish people could be have a more objective and fair view on things. I'm more of a Marvel fan, yet my most anticipated movie of 2013 was Man of Steel the moment out was announced. I love Marvel, but I am absolutely not biased towards them.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:33 PM   #34
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

But on topic, I don't think this movie will be anything like X-men, and if it is WB will have dropped the ball big time. I think it'll be more like Watchmen.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:09 PM   #35
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
But on topic, I don't think this movie will be anything like X-men, and if it is WB will have dropped the ball big time. I think it'll be more like Watchmen.
i just had a vision of Batman and Wonder Woman having sex in the batmobile

Old 04-16-2013, 11:22 PM   #36
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

The thing is marvel, in the 60's, started the more realistic comic book hero. I mean superhero characters who had emotions, pathos and angst. DC didn't catch onto this until Denny O'Neill and Neal Adams started taking Batman and Green Lantern/Green Arrow took DC to the next level. That's where Marvel has the edge. Lee and Kirby and Ditko started changing things in comics while Fox and Infantino where staying with the status quo. Toward the end of the 60's-early 70's DC decided to join the Marvel (more serious) line. I remember this happening. So Yeah, DC created the superheroes back in the day, but Lee-Kirby-Ditko created the MODERN superhero.

By the way I love both Marvel and DC ( reminds me of the old Beatles-Stones argument, which I also thought was stupid)

So basically DC started superheroes in the 30's, 40's, but Marvel turned them into REAL (as much as can be in comic world).

Give both companies credit and respect, and stop this fanboy crap. Let's enjoy ALL of it.

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #37
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

And I don't mean to insult anyone.
I've just always loved Marvel and DC and I don't get why there has to be a one or the other thing between the fans.
God is it so hard to love ALL superheroes?

Imagine there's no Marvel
It isn't hard if you try
No DC or Vertigo
Above us only sky

Imagine all comic fans
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
Perhaps some day you'll join us
And the comics fans can be as one

(paraphrasing the GREAT John Lennon)

Gary Griffith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #38
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Justice League isn't even similar to the X-Men.

The approach to Justice League should be similar to The Avengers.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 PM   #39
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Justice League isn't even similar to the X-Men.

The approach to Justice League should be similar to The Avengers.
So, actually do solo movies to set up the characters and setting rather than trying to cram everything in a single movie?

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #40
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
So, actually do solo movies to set up the characters and setting rather than trying to cram everything in a single movie?
thats what they will have to do

Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #41
dnno1
Side-Kick

I also wanted to say that we the way this is going, Justice League would be like X-Men in that they could spin-off characters from that film Like the latter franchise did with Wolverine. The could out do X-Men if they succeed in spinning off more than one character. As it stands now, they could spin off four.

Old 05-01-2013, 11:15 PM   #42
shauner111
Side-Kick

Batman, Flash and Green Lantern will probably be put into motion after JL. Unless Bale is back.

GL is only a maybe, they might pull a Hulk/Ruffalo and only launch his film during Phase 3 which may coincide with an Aquaman film.

Im assuming that Wonder Woman will be out before JL. Could be wrong though.

I like the idea of Batman/Superman gathering the rest like Oceans Eleven.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:07 PM   #43
Panthro
Catman Begins

Quote:
Originally Posted by HR-PUFF&STUFF View Post
With this one movie idea that has been out there i got thinking that the movie will end up like X-Men. Where the whole movie is about one or two characters and the rest are just in the background.

Batman- Wolverine
Superman- Cyclops
Wonder Woman- Jean
Green Lantern- Storm
Flash- Rouge
Martian Manhunter- Professor X
ARGH, so not what I want - Batman & his Amazing Friends

New 52 Flash SUCKS
Panthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #44
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Batman, Flash and Green Lantern will probably be put into motion after JL. Unless Bale is back.

GL is only a maybe, they might pull a Hulk/Ruffalo and only launch his film during Phase 3 which may coincide with an Aquaman film.

Im assuming that Wonder Woman will be out before JL. Could be wrong though.

I like the idea of Batman/Superman gathering the rest like Oceans Eleven.
Instead of 1 solo at a time they could release them as team movies, World's Finest and Birds of Prey. World's Finest establishing the male characters (Flash and Martian Manhunter, or Flash and GL(half reboot of GL) and Birds of Prey the female Leaguers Wonder Woman, Hawkgirl, Oracle (she would fit as a tie in to the solo Batman movie if Bale doesn't return) . That would also fit nicely with Guillermo Del Toro's Justice League Dark project.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #45
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
LOTR / Star Wars / Avengers comparison:

Frodo / Luke / Captain America - Superman
Aragorn / Han / Iron Man - Batman
Arwen / Leia / Thor - Wonder Woman
Legolas / C3PO / Black Widow - Flash
Gimli / R2D2 / Hawkeye - Green Lantern
Gandalf / Obi Wan / Nick Fury - Martian Manhunter
I'm kind of in love with you right now.

2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Ant-Man
2016: Captain America 3, Doctor Strange
2017: Thor 3, Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Inhumans
2018: Avengers 3, Black Panther, Incredible Hulk 2
2019: Iron Man 4, Doctor Strange 2, Ms. Marvel
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #46
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Cs Funny Re: will Justice League be like X-Men?

Quote:

I like Marvel, well a few of its characters. They have original characters but it's rare IMO because most of them are just Stan Lee's version of this DC villain or that DC superhero.

DC has been guilty of borrowing/stealing from Marvel as well but not anywhere near the level Marvel has. I would say 80 percent of Marvels roster are amalgamations of pre-existing DC comics heroes/rogues. It's not that big of a deal but when a Marvel fan comes into whatever area and starts harping that Darkseid will just be a Thanos rip-off (using those words specifically) it makes me .

Anyways back to the topic. JL may be done like X-Men but if Batman is rebooted with a younger actor, I think the rest of the team will all be around the same age & they'll be treated equally.
To be fair, 80% of the DC Universe is rip offs of DC characters as well.

Superman, Supergirl, Superboy, Superboy Prime, Cyborg Superman...

Old 05-11-2013, 12:07 PM   #47
shauner111
Side-Kick

But it's DC.....lol. Not even the same thing.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #48
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
But it's DC.....lol. Not even the same thing.
I know. It was a joke.

To me? DC is sort of like 50s rock n roll. They started everything...their characters are the Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley etc. of comic books.

Marvel took the superhero in new and exciting directions the way The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who etc. did in the 1960s.

Old 05-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #49
HR-PUFF&STUFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
ARGH, so not what I want - Batman & his Amazing Friends
i never said thats what i wanted just that if you do a team movie without setup of the heroes beforehand you can't tell a big story without putting some of them in the background

Old 05-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #50
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I know. It was a joke.

To me? DC is sort of like 50s rock n roll. They started everything...their characters are the Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley etc. of comic books.

Marvel took the superhero in new and exciting directions the way The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who etc. did in the 1960s.
oops, it was early when I read that.

And I agree that Marvel comics was way more exciting in the 60s/early 70s. But I don't think that lasted. Even if they were more exciting, a large portion of the characters weren't very original at all, they were just a cool spin on things at a time when DC was boring as ****.