The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:21 AM   #926
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxremover View Post
Hi, new here. Been reading these forums since the first Spiderman movie. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

What if the ship he's pushing into space is what we assume is the fortress? Maybe he's sending his ships into space so that they don't lead others to Earth, like Zod. So Jor-el being on the ship is to symbolize saying goodbye to his biological father.
Welcome to SHH!

Great theory. Sounds plausible.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #927
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Awesome, like that I can see that a lot clearer now.

Also --

Superman Returns did NOT come up with Christ imagery and allusions. Shuster and Siegal DID.

"El" means God, so Kal-El is the son of "god." And Clark's adoptive parents were originally named Mary and Joseph. It has absolutely nothing to do with Superman Returns and everything to do with Action Comics # 1.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 05-02-2013, 12:22 AM   #928
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

connor i see your point, but as soon as i made issue with it they started with troll comments instead of discussing the point i was making. i was trying to get back on track but they were being immature. boo hoo i made issue with a couple things from mos. guess what? i'm a big fan and look forward to the movie. am i supposed to fawn over every detail if i have different instincts for how i think it should look on film? come on

Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #929
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeXcalibur View Post
i'm not saying it ruins the movie, but i don't understand why go back to superman returns cinematography? dark images and christ references again? please no
it's not a homage to Superman returns cinematography , the christ analogy for Superman has been there before SR and will still be there after Man of Steel.

hell, even smallville did it!

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Old 05-02-2013, 12:23 AM   #930
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
you tool, i said i didn't like the cinematography of the christ pose reference because it was like sr. i didn't mention anything about the mythos.
Considering that you're incapable of making a ''point'' without repeating the same thing ad nauseam, I'd disagree on who's the ''tool'' here.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #931
Torrente
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxremover View Post
Hi, new here. Been reading these forums since the first Spiderman movie. Can't wait for Man of Steel.

What if the ship he's pushing into space is what we assume is the fortress? Maybe he's sending his ships into space so that they don't lead others to Earth, like Zod. So Jor-el being on the ship is to symbolize saying goodbye to his biological father.

......interesting theory

Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #932
GreenKToo
In the fire

naw. opinions are valued, even opposing ones, but to keep on posting images of the same old tired thing gets old.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:25 AM   #933
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreth View Post
it's not a homage to Superman returns cinematography , the christ analogy for Superman has been there before SR and will still be there after Man of Steel.

hell, even smallville did it!
Hell the shots don't even look that similar apart from the pose. Even that's different enough.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #934
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Jor-El in space theorys >>>>>>>>>> Christ allegory *****ing.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #935
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Doh Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Just realized that's the same kid who was going on and on about the silver S shield last week.

i have only complained about some aesthetics that admittedly won't break the film for me. i have been very supportive of the direction the movie is going in. i only complain about color scheme being a bit dark and it changes mood for superman imo

Old 05-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #936
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Who cares if Cavill is doing the 'Jesus Pose'?

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 05-02-2013, 12:26 AM   #937
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian God View Post
Considering that you're incapable of making a ''point'' without repeating the same thing ad nauseam, I'd disagree on who's the ''tool'' here.
God Kryptonian God, you're such a tool.

;D

Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #938
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
The thing with the Birthright ending is that I'm somewhat torn about it. I think as an idea it takes away some of the poetic quality of Jor-El and Lara dying with the hope that their son has made it. At the same time, the execution in the book was so emotional and brilliant, one couldn't help but love it. So if they did it in MoS, I really hope they nailed it. It's a concept that, if it doesn't have that impact, will quite easily feel cheap.
If they make the chronology jump (leave the reveal to the end of the movie) they'd have both versions, kind of. I just think it's such a merciful and beautiful thing to do, to give them the five seconds-long peace of mind of knowing their son made it. If I saw that in the film, I'd leave with a level of satisfaction of 10000000, and I'd buy another ticket on the spot.

Then again, maybe we're all jumping to conclusions and it's just some random villain?

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #939
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

This is such a bad-ass little shot.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #940
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Jor-El in space theorys >>>>>>>>>> Christ allegory *****ing.
We think there is a hologram of Jor-El in the FOS.

Could that be Superman pushing the FOS into orbit, with the hologram watching?

That's probably too far fetched.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:27 AM   #941
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsdayapex View Post
who cares if cavill is doing the 'jesus pose'?
+100,000,000

Old 05-02-2013, 12:28 AM   #942
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

green i only reposted in protest to all the troll comments from the initial posting of my point. troll spray and garbage because i reference that i don't like christ symbolism shown with superman returns style cinematography. notice i had no issue with the christ pose in water? it was fine, i just think this overdoes it

Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #943
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

That shot of Amy in the new Tv spot is divine by the way !
Too old to play Lois my ass

Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #944
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post

;D
An useful tool, I hope.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #945
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
green i only reposted in protest to all the troll comments from the initial posting of my point. troll spray and garbage because i reference that i don't like christ symbolism shown with superman returns style cinematography. notice i had no issue with the christ pose in water? it was fine, i just think this overdoes it
For the love of all that is holy, just frigging drop it.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:31 AM   #946
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
I understand. We all now know you dont like the crucifixion pose, so is there really any need to keep posting it and comparing it to SR?? just asking.
If you are looking forward to it, then concentrate on my voic....I mean, what you do like about it.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #947
LeXcalibur
Lord Luthor

Wall Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post

he completely missed my point. it wasn't just about "christ reference" in terms of the character. it was the cinematography looked very much like the superman returns scene. i liked the pose in the water, but this just overdoes it a bit. no big deal, but don't make a response insulting my superman knowledge of mythos when it wasn't even the point i was making.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #948
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post

Awesome, like that I can see that a lot clearer now.

Also --

Superman Returns did NOT come up with Christ imagery and allusions. Shuster and Siegal DID.

"El" means God, so Kal-El is the son of "god." And Clark's adoptive parents were originally named Mary and Joseph. It has absolutely nothing to do with Superman Returns and everything to do with Action Comics # 1.
Repost

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #949
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

What pose Superman is doing has nothing to do with cinematography. And that's really the only similarity to SR here – the pose.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 AM   #950
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
This is such a bad-ass little shot.

I said it before, but it looks like her space helmet comes on like Iron Man.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Closed Thread