The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 05:24 AM   #926
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

I think the only reason to use Polaris would be the Magneto connection... and there's just no time for that really. However, I've always had a soft spot for the oft-under-appreciated Lorna Dane.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 AM   #927
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

yet, there is no time to introduce Magneto's children or daugther on 5 team movies, lol

Old 05-02-2013, 06:03 AM   #928
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
yet, there is no time to introduce Magneto's children or daugther on 5 team movies, lol
I meant the storyline of her connection to Magneto will never be given focus in the current X-film universe, so there really isn't much reason to introduce her while Magneto is still a major player.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #929
Angamb
Banned User

thats exactly a reason why they could easily introduce Lorna, becase Magneto is a mayor player.

Lorna or any of her children wouldnt be introduced if Magneto wasnt a big part of this franchise.

Of course Fox could use them without Magneto, but that would be soo cheap. And a wasted opportunity. Of course, Fox is known for decisions like this. But you get my point

Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #930
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Look at the huge cast they already have.They have 12 actors from futre scenes alone.Plus 4 returnes from first class,Peter Dinklage's character and whoever is playing Nixon.That's
16 Actors.That's already on par with X2,and first Class.That's more than X-Men or the Avengers.The idea they are going to flood the sceen with more Isn't very likely.I say we
know who most of cast Is now.This Isn't X-Men the last stand or X-Men origins:Wolverine.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #931
Angamb
Banned User

no, its the first X-Men Crossover of Fox and on the cinema to date, so to expect this movie to have just the same number as X2, being only the second film on the franchise... well, its not the same case.

The 70's wont only have 4 mutants. That would be a really poor adaptation of the era and the storyarc. And I highly doubt Singer plays cheap with the 70's.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:37 AM   #932
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

This lack of news about 70s X-Men could mean that their identities are being kept secret for a reason.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #933
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's fairly obvious there will be a physical time travel to 1973 and it will be
more than 1 going to past.

1-You have 8 from trilogy(Xavier,Magneto,Wolverine,Rogue,Kitty,Storm ,Iceman,
and Colossus)
2:You have 4 new characters in Future part of film(Bishop,Blink,warpath,and
likely Sunspot) that brings us up to 12 actors
3-You have 4 returning from First Class(Youn Xavier,Young Magneto,Mystique,
and Beast) that brings us up to 16 actors
4:You have peter dinklage's character(most Likely Boliver Trask) that brings us up to 17
5:Nixon actor brings us up to 18

That's a lot.Given that It's unlikely any other mutants will be In film Inless
A:They are mostly silent Characters In background like Sabretooth and toad In X-Men,Deathstrike In X2,and colossus In Last Stand
B:Camos to help tie films together.Like Teenage Cyclops and Teenage Jean at end of 1973 or Cyclops,Jean,or Nightcrawler In altered present after the time travel

Old 05-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #934
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well, they will probably use 1 ou 2 more mutants for the past although i think that less known mutants. And i agree that it wont be just 1 or 2 mutants traveling to the 70's. Time travel will include more from the triology. The story will focus in the 70s period so we have to have more mutant interaction there.

And i am sad that Marvel will use Magneto children. I like marvel movies, but i prefer the mutants universe. And id love to see some interation between Magneto and Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver and Polaris. That would be great.

I think the next movie could focus on Genosha story, and bringing Magneto children at that time would be the ideal move!
But dont know if it will ever happen

Old 05-02-2013, 11:40 AM   #935
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
This lack of news about 70s X-Men could mean that their identities are being kept secret for a reason.
exactly. Bryan wants to keep some surprises. And we even find out recently that Adan Canto (maybe Sunspot) is joining the cast, so its very likely that Bryan wants to keep posting casting updated during the production.

This way the wait will be better, so... why not?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:07 PM   #936
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Is it confirmed that Boo Boo Stewart is playing Warpath and that he's a future X-man?

He could be Thunderbird and portraying one of the newer 70's X-men...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #937
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
thats exactly a reason why they could easily introduce Lorna, becase Magneto is a mayor player.

Lorna or any of her children wouldnt be introduced if Magneto wasnt a big part of this franchise.

Of course Fox could use them without Magneto, but that would be soo cheap. And a wasted opportunity. Of course, Fox is known for decisions like this. But you get my point
So far the only characters we've gotten even a glimpse of backstory are Logan, Xavier, Magneto, Mystique, Jean, and Rogue. My point is that Lorna is not going to be the next. You may think her connection to Magneto is the reason she could be easily included, but I think the exact opposite. In my opinion, it is the reason why they would be hesitant to include her. A detail like that would require a lot of attention and they just are not going to give any one character that's not Logan that much attention.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #938
Brainiac 8
Clark Smash!

All I know is that if Banshee and Havok are out, I'll not be a happy camper. Banshee was awesome.

Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 PM   #939
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Idea View Post
Is it confirmed that Boo Boo Stewart is playing Warpath and that he's a future X-man?

He could be Thunderbird and portraying one of the newer 70's X-men...
No. We all pretty much assumed he would be in the future scenes because he's already in Montreal with the current cast but I wouldn't be surprised at all if he ended up not being in the future. People just assumed he was playing Warpath.

Plus, we still have no idea who Adan Canto is playing and if he is even in the future scenes as well.

Tons of speculation around these parts.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:17 PM   #940
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

We're all going to be livin' in speculation city for the rest of this year...until the plot is "accidently" leaked or we get treated to more insight by Singer via Twitter...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Old 05-02-2013, 04:20 PM   #941
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainiac 8 View Post
All I know is that if Banshee and Havok are out, I'll not be a happy camper. Banshee was awesome.
Yes he was... he stole the show for me. X:FC definitely gave me more appreciation for Sean Cassidy/Banshee.

I'm really looking forward to Fassbender getting into the role of Mags in the future sequels...he brings so many layers to Eric, which is true of the character.

Old 05-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #942
narrows101
Side-Kick

Hugh tweets:

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman
Having an awesome #XMen reunion. Wish I weren't sworn to secrecy. But ask @BryanSinger maybe you can pry it out of him!

Old 05-02-2013, 06:56 PM   #943
Angamb
Banned User

something tells me another original actor is there, but Bryan has kept the surprise to date

Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #944
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Well we know that Famke Janssen is shooting a movie in Ontario...ahem...lols. I could be wrong though.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #945
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Hugh tweets:

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman
Having an awesome #XMen reunion. Wish I weren't sworn to secrecy. But ask @BryanSinger maybe you can pry it out of him!
Where are the Cyclops people to **** their pants all over this?

Old 05-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #946
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Given we already know all the other re-unitees, Famke or James (or both) are the only others left that Hugh couldn't divulge (Doubtful Grammar will be back, and he wasn't one of the original group anyway)

Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM   #947
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

Oh wow I forgot about him. The new Beast make up does resemble his.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:10 PM   #948
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Given we already know all the other re-unitees, Famke or James (or both) are the only others left that Hugh couldn't divulge (Doubtful Grammar will be back, and he wasn't one of the original group anyway)
James, Famke and Alan are the strongest options, Id say.

We all know how almost everyone loves Nightcrawler and Alan's role on X2, and since the actor was open to return, and all the buzz around him back in the day... I wouldnt be that surprised if he is one of the surprises, even if its just a cameo at the end or something.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #949
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
James, Famke and Alan are the strongest options, Id say.

We all know how almost everyone loves Nightcrawler and Alan's role on X2, and since the actor was open to return, and all the buzz around him back in the day... I wouldnt be that surprised if he is one of the surprises, even if its just a cameo at the end or something.
Alan is doing MacBeth until June 30.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:24 PM   #950
Angamb
Banned User

well, a cameo could be shot in one day, so... everything is possible, mon ami!

Closed Thread