The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 PM   #926
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 1

Been reading some other sites...the lack of knowledge on these two characters past them being Magneto's kids is amazing.

Gonna be annoying having to read ignorant stuff for the next two years repeatedly asking how Marvel can use the two, calling them X-Men, saying their origin will have to be completely changed, etc. Aww boy.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:16 PM   #927
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Unfortunately that's all they've been known for. Quicksilver is known for being kind of a dick, Wanda is known for her bouts of crazy.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:20 PM   #928
Chewy
REDACTED

Wanda was known for being a vital member of the Avengers for 40 years before Bendis got done with her

But yeah, Quicksilver's mostly known for being SW's brother, Magneto's son, and a dick

Old 05-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #929
terry78

Bendis likes to take the infamous incidents that have happened with Marvel characters and turn them into running gags down the line.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM   #930
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
If we get Quicksilver before Flash, that will be very sad IMO.

I always believed that Flash has the potential to be DC's Iron Man - be the superhero that comes out of nowhere and becomes one of DC's top dogs in popularity.

He has so much potential and I think it's a shame WB hasn't given him a good movie yet. Heck, in a lot of ways, he would be DC's Spider-Man - an everyman, very down to earth, relatable, a bit of a science nerd (in the case of Barry), has a sense of humor, etc.

If the GA is exposed to Quicksilver before Flash, I feel that Flash would be robbed of his full potential because he won't be anything new.
Flash definitely should have been 1st on the scene. He's by far the most important pure speed character but coming 2nd here will take away a lot from the impact he would have had. I think Flash should have come before/in place of GL as at least GL has quite unique powers and would feel fresh whenever 1st released.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:40 PM   #931
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Man I just realized if we get real Hawkeye we could actually see the Kooky Quartet in action.

Old 05-01-2013, 10:55 PM   #932
Frico
Live by the creed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Man I just realized if we get real Hawkeye we could actually see the Kooky Quartet in action.
Oh yes.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 05-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #933
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

looking forward to Avengers 2 also with the addition of Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver added into the mix (mutants could open up the door for Magneto) in future instalments .

Old 05-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #934
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Unfortunately that's all they've been known for. Quicksilver is known for being kind of a dick, Wanda is known for her bouts of crazy.

Wanda has a lot of well-known Avenger arcs, including her marriage to Vision; her tutelage in chaos magic under Agatha Harkness; being possessed by powerful demons like Mephisto and Chthon; on-again/off-again relationships with Wonder Man; and a truly psychotic approach to motherhood with her two boys that --- well, let's just say they turn out not to be real. At all.

Quicksilver has a long and intimate history with The Inhumans, through his marriage to Crystal. In fact, I'd say he's tied more closely to that group than even to the Avengers or the Brotherhood or X-Men (X-Factor).

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-02-2013, 12:19 AM   #935
Matt Mortem
Mr. Tusk

I don't think Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are at all necessary to add. They can't be mutants. There are a dozen other Avengers they could add instead.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #936
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I still can't believe Quicksilver will get his big debut on the big screen before Flash.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #937
Mr. Dent
Banned User

If the High Evolutionary and Other are involved then it makes a lot of sense to introduce them now. Not necessary, but it flows well with the story, better than shoving other Avengers into things they have no connection to just because.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #938
T"Challa
Side-Kick

I have all the trust in the world in Whedon. He has stated many times how difficult it is to balance a movie like this with so many characters. He wouldn't just add 2 more if he didnt have something unique in mind for them. Stuff is hard enough as is.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #939
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I wonder would it be a breech of contract if Fox hired the same actors as Marvel to play QS and SW?

Old 05-02-2013, 03:42 AM   #940
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Wanda has a lot of well-known Avenger arcs, including her marriage to Vision; her tutelage in chaos magic under Agatha Harkness; being possessed by powerful demons like Mephisto and Chthon; on-again/off-again relationships with Wonder Man; and a truly psychotic approach to motherhood with her two boys that --- well, let's just say they turn out not to be real. At all.

Quicksilver has a long and intimate history with The Inhumans, through his marriage to Crystal. In fact, I'd say he's tied more closely to that group than even to the Avengers or the Brotherhood or X-Men (X-Factor).
But Wanda's sons are real, or at least reincarnated, now that John Byrne's hideous destruction of her family has been (somewhat) reversed. What an awful mess Byrne made of Wanda & the Vision's fictional lives, and it's still unspooling.

Old 05-02-2013, 04:49 AM   #941
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

I'm always hesitant when it comes to rumors about adding new characters since it seems like it was already much work to give everyone plenty to do in the first movie, and still even Cap and Thor could have used some more iconic moments than they had. Whedon will most likely make it work very well, but I don't want to see too many new additions.

The best thing about SW and Quicksilver is that they bring powers that are completely different from the existing members. The Avengers already have Thor that does what the other guys do and more so they don't really need more power mix ups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
actually, Flash's chances are greater if he debuts after Quicksilver. think about it carefully. Quicksilver will set the bar. all Flash has to do is beat it. imagine if the Flash movie came out and then Marvel, purposely, made Quicksilver faster than him.
I don't think who's the faster one will be the deciding factor of popularity. Personality, interesting foes etc will be a bigger issue. Batman and Iron Man are hardly the most powerful heroes but they are the most popular when it comes to movies. With Quicksilver I think his involvement with the popular Avengers will mean more than if they just had him be faster than The Flash.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 AM   #942
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I hope they don't have costumes like that. That looks like more generic SHIELD agent costume crap we've been getting for Hawkeye, Falcon and everyone else who isn't IM, Cap, Thor or Hulk, with just a few adjustments.

If they're going to start off as villains, why should they have uniforms similar to SHIELD's anyway? I hope Wanda is fully in red in either her classic costume or gypsy outfit, complete with a cape. It's about time we have some other characters who look like full-on comic book characters.
I think their costumes could work.

I think Hawkeyes old school 616 purple costume could work in the right context (not that I'm saying they should change his coustme). For example if Hawkeye went to Asgard with Thor and he dressed in Asgardian clothing like Jane Foster does in Thor Dark World it could work. Hawkeyes old 616 costume looks like something they would wear in Asgard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Aka the European Northstar and Aurora

I thought Peter David explained why Quicksilver is a dick very well in X-Factor in the 90s.

The rest of the world is like slow motion to Pietro a speedster so he is easily frustrated and bored by everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Could it be? She's Russian (she's from that part of the country anyway)?
Mila Kunis is from the Ukraine which is a seperate country from Russia.

Old 05-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #943
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Been reading some other sites...the lack of knowledge on these two characters past them being Magneto's kids is amazing.

Gonna be annoying having to read ignorant stuff for the next two years repeatedly asking how Marvel can use the two, calling them X-Men, saying their origin will have to be completely changed, etc. Aww boy.
I know what you mean. I've read comments that Pietro is just the Flash (seriously, do they know anything about his personality? Black Widow and Batman are similar powerwise do you get those confused?) and that Wanda is nothing more than a vague powerhouse. Written well she's amazing but a powerhouse? Definetly not. She can barely control herself at her best. That's whats so fasinating compared to Doctor Strange or whatever.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 05-02-2013, 07:28 AM   #944
Orphix
Side-Kick

Interesting additions to the team. I know I am late to the conversation but has anyone mentioned the fact that there was some discussion about Coulson's potential love interest could have been Wanda? The whole thing about her being a cellist living in Portland, etc. Also added to that is the (unconvincing) speculation that Coulson may become The Vision!

I wonder (no pun intended) if this is a connection that they might follow.

I would imagine the most convenient way to explain their powers without committing the mutant infringement sin is by having them as extra-terrestrials...probably inhumans...or somewhere from the 9 realms if the Dr Strange/Thor link is true! That could explain 'magic' in the MCU.

Old 05-02-2013, 07:54 AM   #945
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
*prays to god Tony calls them the Kooky Quartet at some point*

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #946
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphix View Post
Interesting additions to the team. I know I am late to the conversation but has anyone mentioned the fact that there was some discussion about Coulson's potential love interest could have been Wanda? The whole thing about her being a cellist living in Portland, etc. Also added to that is the (unconvincing) speculation that Coulson may become The Vision!

I wonder (no pun intended) if this is a connection that they might follow.

I would imagine the most convenient way to explain their powers without committing the mutant infringement sin is by having them as extra-terrestrials...probably inhumans...or somewhere from the 9 realms if the Dr Strange/Thor link is true! That could explain 'magic' in the MCU.
There've been several suggestions to make Wanda & Pietro Inhumans, and I'm now starting to lean in that direction.

In fact, I'm wondering now if Avengers 2 is going to have the Avengers actually *face off* against the Inhumans. Yeah, I know the Inhumans are heroes instead of villains, but sometimes heroes fight heroes, and it heightens the drama and even creates a sense of tragedy.

I just remember that Inhumans was officially on Marvel Studios' slate several years ago, but seems to have fallen into development hell. Maybe the plan is to have them be the Avengers' enemy (again, not a villainous enemy) in TA2? I like the idea of the Inhumans hiding in plain sight on Earth for thousands of years, and now recent cosmic events in the MCU (as unfolding in TA1, GOTG, and Thor/TDW) have caused them to come out of hiding....and now the Avengers face an extremely powerful superteam, and ultimately, by the end of TA2, they recognize them as fellow heroes. The emergence of the Inhumans presages vast cosmic threats such as the coming of Thanos, and interstellar war between the Kree and --- well, everyone else in the universe.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-02-2013, 08:38 AM   #947
Orphix
Side-Kick

I got the impression, although I could be totally off base with this, that the Inhumans film kind of got bumped for GotG. To have two superpowered, supercosmic super groups that are unfamiliar to the general public may have been seen as too big a risk - or just too samey.

So, as a result, I wonder of some aspects of The Inhumans may be pilfered by MS to put in GotG? Will we see Wanda and Pietro debut in the far reaches of space?

Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #948
terry78

Well, you have to be honest a lot of teams and characters in Marvel are derivative of each other.

Old 05-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #949
Orphix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I like the idea of the Inhumans hiding in plain sight on Earth for thousands of years, and now recent cosmic events in the MCU (as unfolding in TA1, GOTG, and Thor/TDW) have caused them to come out of hiding.
Gotta say - I love that idea too. Certainly solves the 'mutant issue' as they are born with their powers and have been in hiding ready to use them as an when.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:00 AM   #950
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
In fact, I'm wondering now if Avengers 2 is going to have the Avengers actually *face off* against the Inhumans. Yeah, I know the Inhumans are heroes instead of villains, but sometimes heroes fight heroes, and it heightens the drama and even creates a sense of tragedy.

I just remember that Inhumans was officially on Marvel Studios' slate several years ago, but seems to have fallen into development hell. Maybe the plan is to have them be the Avengers' enemy (again, not a villainous enemy) in TA2? I like the idea of the Inhumans hiding in plain sight on Earth for thousands of years, and now recent cosmic events in the MCU (as unfolding in TA1, GOTG, and Thor/TDW) have caused them to come out of hiding....and now the Avengers face an extremely powerful superteam, and ultimately, by the end of TA2, they recognize them as fellow heroes. The emergence of the Inhumans presages vast cosmic threats such as the coming of Thanos, and interstellar war between the Kree and --- well, everyone else in the universe.
The only thing I question about heading in this direction is how are the Inhumans going to be more "personal" and how are they going to "twist the knife" on The Avengers, as Whedon has indicated? Not saying they can't be the antagonist, but hero vs hero is usually more misunderstanding than vindictive.

Closed Thread