The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-02-2013, 04:52 PM   #26
Aztec
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

This is fantastic news for so many reasons!

1) They can now use Mephisto for an Infinity Gauntlet adaptation (Avengers 3: preferably a three part trilogy)
2) Midnight Sons movie which will almost certainly beat any stalled WB/DC Justice League Dark movie to the punch!

Ghost Rider
Blade
Man-Thing
Werewolf by Night
Dr. Strange
3) Perhaps a Hearts of Darkness movie (GR, Punisher, Wolverine) with Blade replacing Wolverine?
4) Anything's better than Sony's two POS!

Maybe it's time to bring Spidey into the fold?

Only three left: Spidey, FF, and X-Men!

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:14 PM   #27
TheFantasticJoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post

1) They can now use Mephisto for an Infinity Gauntlet adaptation (Avengers 3: preferably a three part trilogy)
2) Midnight Sons movie which will almost certainly beat any stalled WB/DC Justice League Dark movie to the punch!

Ghost Rider
Blade
Man-Thing
Werewolf by Night
Dr. Strange
3) Perhaps a Hearts of Darkness movie (GR, Punisher, Wolverine) with Blade replacing Wolverine?

I might be alone on this one, but I'm perfectly fine with Spider-Man staying in its own individual universe. He's got enough characters and story arcs to be fine on his own for now, and the MCU isn't severely in need of him, I don't think.

What really needs to come back home though, is Fantastic Four, especially since Marvel's going cosmic now - Galactus and the Surfer are desperately needed to complete that.

TheFantasticJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:21 PM   #28
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I am in agreement with FantasticJoe.

Also, while I was working on the yard today, I realized how awesome it would be to have Doom the villain of an Iron Man film, considering the history the two have, and how they are two sides of a coin.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:28 PM   #29
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

I think FF is the only one of the three likely to revert back to Marvel.(and that's only if they manage to screw it up in epic style) X-men could likely go on for years.Even if the movies slowly become subpar,there's just so much they can do in that world.Too many stories they can tell.

Spider-Man simply can't fail.He's too beloved.

Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:33 PM   #30
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I think FF is the only one of the three likely to revert back to Marvel.(and that's only if they manage to screw it up in epic style) X-men could likely go on for years.Even if the movies slowly become subpar,there's just so much they can do in that world.Too many stories they can tell.

I agree. I'm actually fine with the F4, X-Men and Spidey being where they are currently.

Amazing Spider-Man was good imo and I'm excited to see where they go.

X-Men is kind of a lost cause and unless DoFP is truly great, I dont really care what happens to this series on the big screen.

And Fox has the right idea to reboot F4. They have a chance at making a real hit so I'm okay with giving them a second chance.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:42 PM   #31
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I think FF is the only one of the three likely to revert back to Marvel.(and that's only if they manage to screw it up in epic style)
Agreed. It's also the one of the three that could most easily fail...and Fox knows it.

Quote:
X-men could likely go on for years.Even if the movies slowly become subpar,there's just so much they can do in that world.Too many stories they can tell.
Very true, unfortunately. I know Marvel was in a tight spot when they made these deals with the studios, and I try not to judge them too harshly considering that...but MAN, was the X-Men contract a BAD deal for Marvel.

All those characters (even just the very idea of Mutants) tied up at Fox, and they basically get to keep ALL of it as long as they use ANY of it. It's just so...ugh...

Quote:
Maybe.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #32
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

It's great news that even GR is back in the fold, but I hate to see all these great "street level" characters just gathering dust on the bench. Feige makes clear that Marvel Studios isn't nearly as excited about the recent acquisitions as we are, and gives no timetable (or inclination) for putting them into production.

I still say the best idea they can pursue here is to create a smaller "Searchlight" studio for the Marvel Knights characters and either pump out "quick 'n' dirty" action flicks at around $30 mil or so, or give them a cable TV series with a TV-14 (or even TV-MA) rating.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:13 PM   #33
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post

Ghost Rider
Blade
Man-Thing
Werewolf by Night
Dr. Strange

Are we sure Mephisto is under the GR rights and not Spider-Man?

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 PM   #34
bigdaddy313
Side-Kick

Television is perfect for Marvel Knight characters like Daredevil, The Punisher and the whole gang related street level characters.

bigdaddy313 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:23 PM   #35
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Are we sure Mephisto is under the GR rights and not Spider-Man?
Considering that Mephisto is Ghost Rider's main villain AND that he appeared in Sony's Ghost Rider films...yes, Mephisto is most definitely included in Ghost Rider's rights.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:29 PM   #36
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

The first thought that popped into my head when I read this was "MARVEL F**KING KNIGHTS!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Mrs. Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:40 PM   #37
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
Considering that Mephisto is Ghost Rider's main villain AND that he appeared in Sony's Ghost Rider films...yes, Mephisto is most definitely included in Ghost Rider's rights.
I wasn't sure since Sony has the Spider-Man rights so, even if Mephisto wasn't included in GR's rights, they could still use him because they owned him through Spidey.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:21 PM   #38
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

A sigh of relief has been made.

Ghost Rider is a character not much different from the Hulk. I think a team movie would better fit him. I hope CGI gets cheaper so we might be able to see some really fantastic stuff coming out on network TV or Cable.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #39
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy313 View Post
Television is perfect for Marvel Knight characters like Daredevil, The Punisher and the whole gang related street level characters.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
The first thought that popped into my head when I read this was "MARVEL F**KING KNIGHTS!"
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
This.

ALL HAIL MARVEL!

Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 PM   #40
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I like the Midnight Sons idea, tbh.

I'm most interested in what they're gonna do with Daredevil and Punisher, tbh, since the MCU hasn't really featured street-level heroes, yet. Those types seem best-suited for TV, imo, so I'm very interested in seeing if they'll show up on SHIELD or even their own series.
Hate to break it to you but Feige said no to a Daredevil movie any time soon. Which means we won't see a DD movie this decade.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFantasticJoe View Post
I might be alone on this one, but I'm perfectly fine with Spider-Man staying in its own individual universe. He's got enough characters and story arcs to be fine on his own for now, and the MCU isn't severely in need of him, I don't think.

What really needs to come back home though, is Fantastic Four, especially since Marvel's going cosmic now - Galactus and the Surfer are desperately needed to complete that.
I highly disagree with that.

If anything, it'd make the existing MCU richer of characters and story and it'd be a shame if Marvel's biggest flagship character isn't part of it.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 PM   #42
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Maybe its time for Marvel to do a Marvel Knights movie featuring Blade, Daredevil, Punisher, Elektra and Ghost Rider!

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:17 AM   #43
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Daredevil is big time. He deserves a neo noir film franchise that's worthy of his name. So does the Punisher frankly.

Disney doesn't have a cable network subsidiary comparible to HBO (Time Warner), FX (FOX) or Showtime (CBS). They have a stake in A&E I believe, but enough to guarantee multiple Marvel related programs? I'm not sure A&E would allow the same creative license the the other cable networks would. Marvel could get programming on those other networks, but it's not the given it would be in-house. Maybe Disney could buy AMC.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 AM   #44
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Definately interesting news but ultimately Marvel Studios can only make so many movies about so many characters. As people have already said, I think TV is the best medium for the more street-level ones.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #45
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

No TV for Ghost Rider for me, he is a character that deserves to be in the movies and he has the potential to be one of the most epic characters out there. Just read the Zadkiel arc in the comics, that run was amazing and would make at least one amazing movie, if not a trilogy.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #46
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

GR, like Hulk, would work much better in an ensemble movie than solo IMO.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #47
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Yeah, definately ensemble or bust. With the reverting of rights [and right they've already got] Marvel Studios have an embarrassment of riches and while there are a slew of characters who would own all if they got done right on the silver screen, MS can only focus on so many at any one time [or the next few years].

What's Marvel Studios booked up to, anyways? Are they still subject to that '2 films only every year' thing?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:17 PM   #48
babykhris
Side-Kick

Do we really need a new Ghost Rider film or have him on TV? Marvel now has an animation dept as most DTVs are more brutal than the TV shows, so why not use him in animation.

babykhris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #49
Megalith
Banned User

I demand a Ghost Rider reboot, but keep Nicolas Cage. You simply can't beat this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzHsBT1tVoo

Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:24 PM   #50
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Yeah, definately ensemble or bust. With the reverting of rights [and right they've already got] Marvel Studios have an embarrassment of riches and while there are a slew of characters who would own all if they got done right on the silver screen, MS can only focus on so many at any one time [or the next few years].

What's Marvel Studios booked up to, anyways? Are they still subject to that '2 films only every year' thing?
At least up until 2015 they're sticking to the 2 per year deal but this could change because Feige said some years we may get 1, 2, or 3 films it all depends