The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #26
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Killer Instinct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Yeah, Nintendo Rare & Microsoft Bioware would have been much better fits than where they ended up. I don't know why the usually aggressive Microsoft has been so tentative on studio acquisitions at the same time as neglecting their own 1st party stuff for the last few years.
Employing studios internally carries a lot of overhead, and there's no guarantee that the "talent" will stay. Microsoft learned its lessons and instead will sign contracts with quality developers like Epic, Bioware, Crytek, etc...

They still have internal teams like 343 and Lionhead, but just look at what happened with the Fable series.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #27
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
Employing studios internally carries a lot of overhead, and there's no guarantee that the "talent" will stay. Microsoft learned its lessons and instead will sign contracts with quality developers like Epic, Bioware, Crytek, etc...

They still have internal teams like 343 and Lionhead, but just look at what happened with the Fable series.
The talent leaves when being taken over leads to them not being able to do things the way that worked for them..ie unecessary restrictions from an overbearing owner. If you change nothing and pay them at least the same then being taken over would be no reason for anyone to leave; it would just mean your parent company had a much larger balance sheet & risks would be mitigated somewhat. Microsoft have had a great contract with Epic Games for sure (& if they lost it would have been in trouble this gen) but they've let the other ones fade out to overall non-exclusive status & only timed exclusives on DLC (almost worthless IMO). Many of Sony's acquisitions have been a raging success.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:49 AM   #28
zenith16
Side-Kick

I'm surprised no one put this up.

source: GI

Then again most of us are on the new Dc injustice game so it makes sense .

zenith16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Lets see what they can do with it.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #30
Midnyte_Sun
Medianoche de Sol

absolutely nothing as usual.

Midnyte_Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #31
jacobed
Banned User

How do you know. They finally got the rights for it. Maybe there is something in the works for the next xbox

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:54 PM   #32
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

I wish we could get the arcade version as like a virtual arcade release.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #33
Soapy
It's happening again...

Quote:
We here at Microsoft strive to deliver compelling experiences that will satisfy core gamers. So that's why today at E3 we're thrilled to announce the return of the greatest fighting game franchise of all time!
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Exclusively for...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:50 PM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Soapy, thank you for making me spit soda all over my keyboards with that amazing post.

Congragulations, you win the intern3tz.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #35
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Yeah, Soapy actually hit this one out of the park. And that's exactly what Microsoft would use KI for. Kinect garbage.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #36
Absolution
Newbie First Class

I was getting excited! But it is just copyright stallwarts .

Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:45 AM   #37
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Haha I love these posts.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:49 PM   #38
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

If MS fought to get the trademark stuff settled, they HAVE to be doing something with the franchise. Hopefully they give it to a company who knows what they're doing.... Aka not Rare. Hell they should do that with all of Rare's franchises. Using those franchises could really help MS in the exclusive department.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #39
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

This game deserves better than all the **** they have to deal with.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #40
zenith16
Side-Kick

since this is one of the better news of XB1

Killer Instinct Announced For Xbox One

. June 10, 2013 . 10:04am A new Killer Instrinct game from RARE is coming to Xbox One.

source:Siliconera

Old 06-10-2013, 06:03 PM   #41
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

It looks nice, but I'd hoped for a...different...pace to combat. While combos still look massive, the move animations had that iffy MK9 stiffness to them. Also, Xbox One exclusivity probably means I won't get this 'til much later.

If the stars align themselves, though? I'll get it just for Glacius.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #42
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

While Xbox One as it is (with forced Internet connection) seem too terrible for any one game, I'm glad KI is back. So...here goes the questions.

Is this a sequel or a reboot or a remake or what? It's called Killer Instinct BLANK and I want to know. Sabrewulf doesn't seem to have his cyborg arms either.

If it's a straight remix of KI, does that mean no Kim Wus and Tusks and Mayas? No new characters? Does it mean Orchid's Flasher Fatality are back? Are most of the finishers still a little lame?

Where in the hell is Orchid? Isn't she the face( and ass and tits) of this franchise? Is she a killer? Killer? Yeah, yeah yeah? Ah ahah ah ahahahahah?

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:46 PM   #43
Spade
Cool and Chiseled

Quote:
Jago, clad in shredded tapestries and ropes that evoke his monastic background, went head to head with an all new Sabrewulf, bristlitling with hypodermics, but free of the cybernetic augmentation he sported in past installments.
From the presser. Even if they don't call it Killer Instinct 3, it's looking like it.

Quote:
The warrior monk is back! A darker, more mature Jago returns to the super human pit fight on a desperate quest for redemption. Harnessing the power of the Tiger Spirit, Jago wages a constant internal battle to avoid the spirit’s dark corruption. His look has been updated, his move set has been updated, but his play style and formidable pure energy of faith remain the same.

Building on the exaggerated visual style of the original Killer Instinct, the new Jago has an angular, stylized look. His past struggles have him gripped in a crisis of faith, which shows in his weathered, embattled look. Clothed in shredded cloth and tapestry from the Tiger Temple, he clings to his solemn search for answers.

Spade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #44
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

And Orchid is where exactly? She pretty much is the main character of the franchise. I know nowadays they want their leads all manly and badass, but come on.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:50 PM   #45
zenith16
Side-Kick

here's the Trailer
Killer Instinct Xbox One Trailer Enters The Ring. June 10, 2013 . 5:30pm

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Microsoft have shared their E3 trailer for Killer Instinct, the revival of the classic RARE fighting game on Xbox One.

source:Siliconera

Old 06-11-2013, 04:18 AM   #46
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

So apparently the game is a day one download for XB1, however you can only use ONE character, Jago, the rest you have to purchase individually

Old 06-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #47
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
And Orchid is where exactly? She pretty much is the main character of the franchise. I know nowadays they want their leads all manly and badass, but come on.
If anyone is the lead, it's Fulgore or Jago, deff not Orchid

Old 06-11-2013, 04:22 AM   #48
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
So apparently the game is a day one download for XB1, however you can only use ONE character, Jago, the rest you have to purchase individually
What? That's an awful way to handle business.

Old 06-11-2013, 08:40 AM   #49
Nathan

Quote:
E3 2013: Killer Instinct Is a Fun Free to Play Xbox One Launch Game

Killer Instinct was always sort of dumb -- the goofy Mortal Kombat knock-off with a skeleton, a dinosaur, and dudes named TJ Combo (ugh) and Fulgore (what?). In hindsight, Killer Instinct was kind of embarrassing. But we still connected to it. Who doesnít want to see a ninja fist-fight a werewolf?

Killer Instinct on Xbox One is still really, really stupid. Itís also pretty awesome.

More Street Fighter IV than traditional Killer Instinct in speed and style, this reboot isnít just looking at how it can bring Rareís classic back to life, but how it can reinvigorate it. The 2D fighter has changed significantly since 1994, and developer Double Helix recognizes it.

Killer Instinct is fast on Xbox One, unrecognizably so. Aside from the presence of Sabrewulf (ugh) and Jago (what?), you might mistake this for an entirely new game. The bright colors, and thick, black outlines give the characters, who take up a healthy amount of on-screen real estate, a comic book-style shade. Their combos are quick and flow naturally -- I found myself slipping into an awesome combo accidentally, Marvel vs. Capcom style, often.

The move sets are simple, the stylish and devastating Ultra Combos are easy to execute, and the Combo Breaker makes you feel like a badass. Itís basically just a parry with a fancy name, but Killer Instinct regards it so highly that itís hard not to feel the surge of satisfaction every time you escape an onslaught of frightening kicks. Every big counter feels like an event, and it can totally change the flow of a fight when your opponent's left exposed after your escape.

Familiar, yes, but this is definitely Killer Instinct done differently (and arguably better).

Killer Instinct is a day-one digital-only release on Xbox One, and features -- get this -- one character. Jago is free to play on launch day. Everyone else -- unspecified returning characters as well as original fighters -- will cost money. Price is to-be-determined (of course).

Is this the start of a new trend? With Xbox Live Arcade vanishing into the greater Games Marketplace, perhaps free-to-play is the new trial version, and you'll nickel and dime your way to a more complete version. Hopefully trials of some sort will still mandated so players can try out everything as it hits Xbox Live.
Source

Nathan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #50
DorkyFresh
Sum Dum Goy

One initial playable character is frikkin' fail. You couldn't at the very least have 3? I can't believe the BS that M$ is pulling. It's exactly like Angry Joe keeps saying. "You want to play games?? F*** YOU! GIVE ME MONEY!!!"

On top of that, the graphics don't look like next gen graphics. They look early CURRENT gen on par with MK's graphics. I used to LOVE Killer Instinct. I have very fond memories of that franchise....but the reveal was underwhelming and the news that there's only 1 playable character when you purchase the game just turns me off.....not that I was ever turned on by anything from XB1 to be honest.