The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #951
JP
Smelly

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

No, he's currently on stage in his show at the moment... In NYC, nowhere near Montreal.

Looks like Marsden.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #952
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Rebecca is in Vancouver.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:03 PM   #953
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
Hugh tweets:

Hugh Jackman ‏@RealHughJackman
Having an awesome #XMen reunion. Wish I weren't sworn to secrecy. But ask @BryanSinger maybe you can pry it out of him!
I think its just Hugh, Halle, Shawn, Ellen, Ian, Daniel and Patrick (and maybe Anna if she's back on filming) hanging out w/ each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
thats exactly a reason why they could easily introduce Lorna, becase Magneto is a mayor player.

Lorna or any of her children wouldnt be introduced if Magneto wasnt a big part of this franchise.

Of course Fox could use them without Magneto, but that would be soo cheap. And a wasted opportunity. Of course, Fox is known for decisions like this. But you get my point
Not really. They got to introduce Nightcrawler and Rogue w/o their connection with Mystique in the comics. They just need to come up with a good story/role for Polaris.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-02-2013, 10:11 PM   #954
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
I think the next movie could focus on Genosha story, and bringing Magneto children at that time would be the ideal move!
But dont know if it will ever happen
Magneto never mentioned having any children in his last 4 movies, I don't see the need of him having children. He didn't even have a love interest in the movies. It would be such a revelation if suddenly, he's a father to 3 mutants.

Quote:
The 70's wont only have 4 mutants. That would be a really poor adaptation of the era and the storyarc. And I highly doubt Singer plays cheap with the 70's.
Who knows, if the Xavier Institute is already up and running, but they don't have a fighting squad yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Idea View Post
Is it confirmed that Boo Boo Stewart is playing Warpath and that he's a future X-man?

He could be Thunderbird and portraying one of the newer 70's X-men...
Its not yet confirmed, but for me its pretty obvious that he's Warpath. I don't see Omar Sy playing Warpath and not Bishop. And I don't see Adan Canto playing Warpath after his tweet about "throwing a ball of fire".

"'Nuff said" - SM3

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-02-2013 at 10:14 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:44 AM   #955
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Not really. They got to introduce Nightcrawler and Rogue w/o their connection with Mystique in the comics. They just need to come up with a good story/role for Polaris.
just because they didnt adress the Mystique-Kurt issue on X2 doesnt mean she isnt his mother.

It was Kurt first movie, Mystique wouldnt say suddenly: hey, my name is Raven... and....Im your mother.

These issues take time, and shouldnt be rushed on the same movie.

Same with Magneto and their daugther, or children. Magneto in 40 years will have had some type of relathionship with a woman or more, even if it was just sex. To expect Erik never was with a woman is soo fake and unrealistic.

Polaris could be introduced first without adressing their direct connection, but could be revealed with new info on her second movie.

It can be done easily. Some fans dont care about it, but the x-men universe is so rich, not only because there are many mutants and big villains, but because the family connections too.

Since they avoided the Jugg-Charles one and the Rogue-Mystique one too, the other important connections are Kurt and Magneto and at least one of his children.

Fox should think bigger and not so cheap in terms of storytelling and adapting the universe. And even if on this universe they never adress it, I hope they do it on the reboot in 8-10 years, or whenever they do it.

Last edited by Angamb; 05-03-2013 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:08 AM   #956
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its not yet confirmed, but for me its pretty obvious that he's Warpath. I don't see Omar Sy playing Warpath and not Bishop. And I don't see Adan Canto playing Warpath after his tweet about "throwing a ball of fire".
Singer confirmed Boo Boo as Warpath in that little vid of the actors chairs ('John "Warpath" Proudstar' is named on one) Can't see him being anyone else at all.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 AM   #957
narrows101
Side-Kick

Kelsey Grammer confirms he's not returning:

Kelsey Grammer ‏@A_KelseyGrammer 3 Mar
@Danielrpk No I will not return as Beast. Pointless as Beast looks the same in youth and later on.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #958
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

@Danielrpk No I will not return as Beast. Pointless as Beast looks the same in youth and later on.
thats a good point

Old 05-03-2013, 08:58 AM   #959
venus_ice
All the TDKR feels

That's too bad. He was one of my fave parts aside from Ellen in the last movie

Old 05-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #960
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Sorry, but I have to agree that bringing Polaris into the movie at this time just doesn't make sense.

First, the storyline of DOFP has nothing to do with her.

If Havok was still in the movie I could see her possibly being included as his love interest, but he's not.

There is already so much expected to be going on in this movie, why take the time to delve into Magneto's affairs?

And most importantly, her powers are already there, by Magneto himself, so really no advantage to bringing her in at this time...

Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM   #961
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
Singer confirmed Boo Boo as Warpath in that little vid of the actors chairs ('John "Warpath" Proudstar' is named on one) Can't see him being anyone else at all.
This got me thinking...

What if Adan is in the 1970's X-men, not as Sunspot but as Thunderbird. He gets killed which then could cause the BooBoo Warpath some storyline as to why he hates Xavier.

The only problem is the age/years...

If a 20 year old Thunderbird died in 1973, would Warpath be his younger brother, say 20 years old, in 2013 (or sometime around then)? That 30 years apart!

Also I know Adan made that "throw a ball of fire" comment, but maybe (likely) he's clueless about the X-men. That comment from a clueless actor could apply to Sunspot (who doesn't throw balls of fire) or Thunderbird (which is a phoenix, who is reborn from fire)...

But you guys are probably right, he's probably Sunspot...

Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #962
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Quote:

Yeah, that account is not verified.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:47 AM   #963
JP
Smelly

That's not Kelsey's twitter account. He used to have an official one, but it seems it been deleted...

Old 05-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #964
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
This got me thinking...

What if Adan is in the 1970's X-men, not as Sunspot but as Thunderbird. He gets killed which then could cause the BooBoo Warpath some storyline as to why he hates Xavier.

The only problem is the age/years...

If a 20 year old Thunderbird died in 1973, would Warpath be his younger brother, say 20 years old, in 2013 (or sometime around then)? That 30 years apart!

Also I know Adan made that "throw a ball of fire" comment, but maybe (likely) he's clueless about the X-men. That comment from a clueless actor could apply to Sunspot (who doesn't throw balls of fire) or Thunderbird (which is a phoenix, who is reborn from fire)...

But you guys are probably right, he's probably Sunspot...
1:Adan Is working with OT cast.
2:It's doudtful there will be any conflict In future between mutants.It will
likely be mutants VS Sentinles In future.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:11 PM   #965
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
just because they didnt adress the Mystique-Kurt issue on X2 doesnt mean she isnt his mother.
As long as they haven't mentioned that relationship yet. They are not related.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #966
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Looks like Daniel Cudmore is in Vancouver. Or at least BC. He's up in the mountains in Whistler.

(If only they filmed here...)

Old 05-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #967
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I'm honestly surprised that Cudmore is back. He's a terrible actor... Hopefully he won't speak a lot, because he does look like Colossus. Also, I hope Singer goes back to the Colossus effects from X2 and not the ugly shiny effects of X3.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:39 PM   #968
Angamb
Banned User

Colossus actor doesnt need to be an Oscar winner one, so its about giving gim a few good lines and Daniel will be fine.

Singer can do a good job with him with just a few lines, so lets hope it was on his plan say day one.

Old 05-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #969
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedFB View Post
I'm honestly surprised that Cudmore is back. He's a terrible actor... Hopefully he won't speak a lot, because he does look like Colossus. Also, I hope Singer goes back to the Colossus effects from X2 and not the ugly shiny effects of X3.
I doubt the role is going to be asking for much in terms of acting ability to be honest.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #970
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Well Singer discovered Cudmore and he probably wanted to give Colossus a 2nd chance after what happened to him in X3.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-07-2013, 10:24 PM   #971
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Oh please...I pray to the FOX gods go back to the X2 look. TBH, X3 Colossus was my main gripe of the film...it was just hideous..a major step down from X2..still semi-enjoyed the movie...*runs out of thread*

Old 05-08-2013, 01:10 AM   #972
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think we will get X2 Colossus considering we have Singer (I did too....)

Old 05-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #973
Angamb
Banned User

New actor on Days of future past?

Quote:
RealBoobooFivel Booboo and Fivel 2h
With @Adancanto, @Dancudmore
,Booboo , @mikedopud @shawnashmore . Hangin with the guys #xmen #xmenDaysoffuturepast pic.twitter.com/BXRzZLT16k
Mike Dopud: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0233304/?ref_=sr_1
https://twitter.com/dopudmike

Has had small roles on Mission Impossible 3, Rise of the planet of the Apes, X-Men Origins: Wolverine... and has done many stunts too, including previous x-men movies.

Quote:
Mike Dopud ‏@dopudmike 15 May
@MingNa actually shooting in Montreal. Ill DM you.
thoughts?

Last edited by Angamb; 05-18-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:13 PM   #974
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Ming Na might be filming Agents of Shield right now.

And as for the Mike guy, I wouldn't be surprised if he's in the movie.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 05-19-2013, 02:24 AM   #975
josh8
Side-Kick

I'd wager he's a stunt guy or small role and went to eat/drink with them.

Closed Thread