The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

View Poll Results: What's your favorite Iron Man movie?
Iron Man 110 67.07%
Iron Man 2 8 4.88%
Iron Man 3 46 28.05%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #51
ShadowBoxer
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rank the Iron Man movies (IM, IM2, and IM3)

Really even if you disliked the movie I doubt it's as bad as a 4/10 or 5/10. There are definitely worst superhero movies X3, Spider Man 3, Green lantern, both Ghost Rider movies, and even Superman Returns.

ShadowBoxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #52
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBoxer View Post
I confused on how this could be weaker than IM2. When 2 came out it was just like it is people complaining about a weak plot and villian and in 2's case to much Avengers stuff. Vanko was an extremely weak villian and was absent from the screen for a good chunk of the movie or if he was on screen he was in a lab... I mean how could anything be as weak as the final battle in IM2? I am not saying is IM2 horrible ( it's not) but I have a hard to believing 3 is weaker. I think people are just saying that because they are mad about the twist.
Yes I think so. Because killian was easily a better villain than vanko or hammer, and the finale was much more spectacular and the final fight wasn't underwhelming. In im2 vanko showed up, did pretty much nothing, and then died

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #53
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really even if you disliked the movie I doubt it's as bad as a 4/10 or 5/10. There are definitely worst superhero movies X3, Spider Man 3, Green lantern, both Ghost Rider movies, and even Superman Returns.
The list of bad superhero movies is pretty long. In addition to the ones you listed, I'd have to list Superman 3, Superman 4, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Elektra, Daredevil, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four 2, Blade 3, etc.

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #54
Crosswind Ghost
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3 - Love Shane Black!!
Iron Man
Iron Man 2

Crosswind Ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 AM   #55
Incredible Hans
Side-Kick

IM1
IM2
IM3

So, with every new movie, quality went down.

Incredible Hans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:11 AM   #56
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfirebird2008 View Post
The list of bad superhero movies is pretty long. In addition to the ones you listed, I'd have to list Superman 3, Superman 4, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, Catwoman, Elektra, Daredevil, Wolverine, Fantastic Four, Fantastic Four 2, Blade 3, etc.
Throw in those Punisher movies too.....

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #57
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

I'm still torn between 1 and 3, and Avengers for that matter. 2 is definitely the odd man out, but I feel a lot more love for 2 than most people.

I need to go back watch 1 and 3 again. It's like asking me which of my children is my favorite.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #58
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Indeed...

Old 05-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #59
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Punisher War Zone is a guilty pleasure movie for me. Yes it's horrible, but it's sooo bad it is fun to watch. What it got like a 1% RT rating? When I saw that I knew I had to go see it.

The Thomas Jane movie was bland and disappointing with a horrible villain. I appreciate Jane's performance, and the fact that on his own he did an internet viral pseudo sequel on his own. But the movie was horrible, starting with the horrible decision to make John Travolta the main villain.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:45 AM   #60
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Punisher War Zone is a guilty pleasure movie for me. Yes it's horrible, but it's sooo bad it is fun to watch. What it got like a 1% RT rating? When I saw that I knew I had to go see it.

The Thomas Jane movie was bland and disappointing with a horrible villain. I appreciate Jane's performance, and the fact that on his own he did an internet viral pseudo sequel on his own. But the movie was horrible, starting with the horrible decision to make John Travolta the main villain.
A number of bad superhero movies are so bad they're fun to watch. Batman & Robin probably tops that list because of all the ice puns by Mr. Freeze. It is a terrible movie, but hilarious to watch...especially if you have a drinking game going.

Old 05-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #61
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
I confused on how this could be weaker than IM2. When 2 came out it was just like it is people complaining about a weak plot and villian and in 2's case to much Avengers stuff. Vanko was an extremely weak villian and was absent from the screen for a good chunk of the movie or if he was on screen he was in a lab... I mean how could anything be as weak as the final battle in IM2? I am not saying is IM2 horrible ( it's not) but I have a hard to believing 3 is weaker. I think people are just saying that because they are mad about the twist.
Agreed 100%. The only legitimate complaint is the twist. Everything else, not being in the armor enough, the humor etc is just exaggeration. Iron Man 2 had more humor at inappropriate times. Like on the race track where they hit Ivan with the car repeatedly...and yet he's not dead Yeah that wasn't using humor at the expense of the film.

With Iron Man 3 it boils down to whether the twist bothered you or not. I'm a comic fan, a thought it was hilarious. I also didn't spoil it with too much info going in. A lot of people built something in their minds by watching way too many previews then when they see the movie disappointment ensues. If a person goes in open minded I'm confident they'll like the film as most non-comic related reviewers seem to.

It has a great focus on character. Show's Tony at his best. Gives Rhodey something to actually due and a personality this time around (Ceadle was just boring in IM2). Even give Pepper her chance to shine. All around a fantastic trilogy. Best Superhero one thus far.

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #62
divan
Side-Kick

Iron Man > Iron Man 3 >>>>>> Iron Man 2

IM and IM3 are close. I think that if I judged each individual quality of those two movies, 3 would win (mainly because I tought the script and performances were much tougher) but IM is a better movie overall, as all it's elements flow well.

IM2 is enjoyable, but ultimately a mess.

divan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #63
ElMariachi
Bald to the Bone

Iron Man=Iron Man 3>>>Iron Man 2
v
Avengers Iron Man

Prof. X sittin' on Adamantium wheelchair rims, reading your stupid minds & laughing at your hair.
ElMariachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #64
third3ye
Side-Kick

My order and why:

1) Iron Man - well executed origin story and a classic now, traditional superhero myth that was translated well on screen, launching point and set the tone for the MCU
2) Iron Man 3 - I enjoyed that Marvel took risks and wants to push the superhero genre beyond the traditional CBM storytelling, dialogue and humor was great, action and final battle were the best among the three films, movie is certainly not without its flaws but I still found it to be a solid net positive
3) Iron Man 2 - as a solo movie this was almost a disaster, other than being a giant collection of easter eggs for Avengers it didn't offer much else for me, still my least favorite MCU movie

Avengers is still the top of my list followed by IM1, then IM3 is a long way down as third favorite.

third3ye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #65
Mr.T
Side-Kick

IM 9/10
IM3 7.5/10
IM2. 7/10

IM was the best by far and still one of the best superhero movies to date, IMO. Although the action was limited, the story, villains, and getting a chance to see Tony turn into IM just can't be trumped.

Mr.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 04:00 PM   #66
JKKS085
Side-Kick

1. Iron Man
2. Iron Man 3 (second but close and I think it'll work better on repeated viewings than Iron Man)
3. Iron Man 2 (definitely the weakest MCU movie to date, not a bad movie per se, kind of a lovable mess in fact)

Old 05-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #67
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Iron Man-8/10
Iron Man 3-8/10
Iron Man 2-4/10

Iron Man and Iron Man 3 are tied for me. I'll have to see how Iron Man 3 holds up to break the tie.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #68
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

1)Iron Man
2)Iron Man 3
3)Iron Man 2

Thought I do like all 3, I just find IM2 the weakest.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9(4)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(5)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(6)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(7)Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(8)Godzilla-8(9)Neighbours-8(10)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(11)Lego Movie-7.5(12)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(13)Robocop-7.5(14)300:ROAE-7(15)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(16)47 Ronin-6(17)Monuments Men-5(18)Ride Along-5(19)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM   #69
rickhunter
Banned User

it's a shame,im3 should have been better

damn that twist with the Mandarin

rickhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #70
nogap87
Side-Kick

Iron Man - 10/10 (Best origin movie ever and just a classic film. Period.)

Iron Man 2 - 6/10 (Tony was a douche for most of the movie and didn't really grow as a character)

Iron Man 3 - 6.1/10 (Reminded me of Transformers minus the spectacular set pieces)

nogap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #71
Megalith
Banned User

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3o2ACEr9NmQ

'nuff said.

Megalith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #72
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Iron Man
Iron Man 3

Iron Man 2

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #73
Ironfan72
Golden Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Iron Man > Iron Man 3 > Iron Man 2

Iron Man: One of the best superhero origin movies, without a doubt. I think the story in this one was the best as well, simply because Iron Man's origin and character growth as he becomes a hero is one of the best of any superhero. Add all of that along with an unforgettable performance from Robert Downey Jr., you get lightning in a bottle.

Iron Man 3: Good story, fantastic action, funny, quotable ... Just an all around great comic book movie, action movie, and Christmas movie.

Iron Man 2: This movie may be the "worst" of the three, but I still think it's a lot of fun. I don't think it deserves the hate that it gets; not by a long shot. A lot of the stuff covered in this movie (Nick Fury, Black Widow, etc.) was necessary as a stepping stone for The Avengers.

Easily my favorite superhero movie trilogy to date, as I've enjoyed all three movies quite a lot.
I agree with everything you said, I loved all 3 films and easily the best thrilogy to date, I really had no issue with the twist, been a fan of the character since I was 9 and frankly i liked the twist, will there be a 4th installment, who knows, but right now, I am super thrilled with what we have gotten.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:45 PM   #74
Pinky021
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 1

''I have an army''... ''We have a Hulk!''
Pinky021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 PM   #75
Travesty
TEOL

I've enjoyed them all, even IM2.

IM
IM3
IM2

Travesty is online now   Reply With Quote