The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results: Who would WIn Batman vs. SUperman?
Batman 219 42.61%
Superman 295 57.39%
Voters: 514. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #951
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman Who Would Win

Once again people lets look at the facts. Batman has only beat Superman when Frank Miller(a man known for writing Superman as Batmans whipping boy and Batman as a God) writes the stories while Superman has beaten Batman in:
Justice League #2
Justice
For Tomorrow
Luthor (When Batman had a huge chunk of kryptonite)
Superman/Batman #3 (in the bat cave of all places)
Hush (owned Batman till Catwan threw Lois off a building)
Superman Sacrifice (put him in a coma in under 20 sec)

So really Superman should win but in fan voting yes he will lose by popular vote.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #952
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
Once again people lets look at the facts. Batman has only beat Superman when Frank Miller(a man known for writing Superman as Batmans whipping boy and Batman as a God) writes the stories while Superman has beaten Batman in:
Justice League #2
Justice
For Tomorrow

So really Superman should win but in fan voting yes he will lose by popular vote.
This. It's not even a contest.
Superman destroys batman before Bruce realizes what's happening.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:49 AM   #953
regwec
Shakespearo

Your usernames make me smile.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:57 AM   #954
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
Justice League #2
Justice
For Tomorrow

Superman is winning the popular vote in this thread, though. I think the voting was rigged since you could vote multiple times from more than one device.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #955
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

Superman of course.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:22 AM   #956
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

None of them.
Superman is a boy scoot and Batman forget his Kryptonic shard in the batcave.

Monsieur Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #957
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

This is even a question? Superman

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #958
RiddleMeThat
Newbie First Class

Superman hands down. This is only if Kryptonite is out of the picture.

RiddleMeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #959
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiddleMeThat View Post
Superman hands down. This is only if Kryptonite is out of the picture.
A 5-year-old can beat Superman with Kryptonite, so it really shouldn't be in the equation.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #960
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Even without Kryptonite at play, Superman still has two weaknesses that Batman can exploit in order to win:

1.) His emotional connection to his Mother, Lana, Lois, Jimmy, etc. It's already been established that Batman will fight 'dirty' in order to do what's necessary or survive (after all, Batman was willing to basically commit murder/genocide in the face of death against Darkseid), so nothing is off limits with him. He'll use them as leverage.

2.) Kal-El depends on our Sun in order to stay alive and harness his powers. If Bruce were to drain or deny Superman of the Sun's rays, then all bets are off. Kal-El would be at Batman's mercy if such a device were to exist, or event were to occur.

Fans can state that prep-time is overrated but would you honestly give a great strategist time to pick apart your defenses? I doubt it. In a spontaneous bout, Kal-El takes the win, but if he hands Bruce even an hour it could end up bringing him to his knees.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:10 AM   #961
Czar Colossus
Side-Kick

In order for Batman to win you really have to dig for plot devices (that's why Kryptonite was even created, because Superman was so immensely powerful). Totally unbeatable may be a cool thing to imagine being, but becomes boring as a story element. In a knockdown drag out no holds barred physical match up only a handful of heroes stand a chance; Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman, Captain Atom, Martian Manhunter, Supergirl, or Power Girl. A good writer can come up with something interesting, but beating Superman should be a loooooong shot for most beings whose abilities are physical in nature.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:20 AM   #962
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Even without Kryptonite at play, Superman still has two weaknesses that Batman can exploit in order to win:

1.) His emotional connection to his Mother, Lana, Lois, Jimmy, etc. It's already been established that Batman will fight 'dirty' in order to do what's necessary or survive (after all, Batman was willing to basically commit murder/genocide in the face of death against Darkseid), so nothing is off limits with him. He'll use them as leverage.

2.) Kal-El depends on our Sun in order to stay alive and harness his powers. If Bruce were to drain or deny Superman of the Sun's rays, then all bets are off. Kal-El would be at Batman's mercy if such a device were to exist, or event were to occur.

Fans can state that prep-time is overrated but would you honestly give a great strategist time to pick apart your defenses? I doubt it. In a spontaneous bout, Kal-El takes the win, but if he hands Bruce even an hour it could end up bringing him to his knees.
Keep in mind that you'll need to give Superman time to prep too. Superman can do more than Batman can do in that time. He's typically portrayed as being incredibly smart. You mentioned Superman's weakness for his loved ones, he can save them all and dingle Alfred in front of Batman before Bats can get to his car.

If we're just basing this only off of the Bruce Timm series, then I think your point is valid. If you include other media, it's not close in my mind.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:16 AM   #963
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
Keep in mind that you'll need to give Superman time to prep too. Superman can do more than Batman can do in that time. He's typically portrayed as being incredibly smart. You mentioned Superman's weakness for his loved ones, he can save them all and dingle Alfred in front of Batman before Bats can get to his car.

If we're just basing this only off of the Bruce Timm series, then I think your point is valid. If you include other media, it's not close in my mind.
Batman has been portrayed in a more cruel fashion in other interpretations, not just Timm. It also doesn't matter if Kal-El is intelligent himself. He's still not on Bruce's level in various arcs. The consensus indicates Batman has the superior intellect. So, in essence, Superman can do a magnitude of things in under an hour because of his powers but he won't be able to crack what Batman has planned, he can't save everyone, and at the same time protect himself from dangers.

Prep-time wise, the advantage will always belong to Batman just for the sole reason that he's always a couple of steps ahead of everyone.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #964
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Batman has been portrayed in a more cruel fashion in other interpretations, not just Timm. It also doesn't matter if Kal-El is intelligent himself. He's still not on Bruce's level in various arcs. The consensus indicates Batman has the superior intellect. So, in essence, Superman can do a magnitude of things in under an hour because of his powers but he won't be able to crack what Batman has planned, he can't save everyone, and at the same time protect himself from dangers.

Prep-time wise, the advantage will always belong to Batman just for the sole reason that he's always a couple of steps ahead of everyone.
Agree to disagree then. We're obviously just choosing our favorites, but I feel like Superman's intellect is being extremely underestimated. There's a lot more to the character than why I think a lot of the Batman fans are assuming. I agree that Batman is a great character and portrayed as being a genius, but at the end of the day he's trying to kill a god.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #965
Dufase19089
New User - Level 0

I think this would happen.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Dufase19089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #966
GreenKToo
In the fire

I dunno. who would win between the punisher and the HULK.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:04 AM   #967
Venomfan
Side-Kick

in his own comics Superman is portrayed as way smarter than Batman. when they get together he's usually just average intelligence to give Batman a reason to be there.

also Superman has gotten ruthless. Watch Superman vs. the Elite or read the comic

Old 05-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #968
the last son
Side-Kick

Superman wasn't ruthless in the elite. I want to see superman go all OUT! I want to see him rip an opponents arms off and smack them with it. I want to see that superman.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:48 AM   #969
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
Superman wasn't ruthless in the elite. I want to see superman go all OUT! I want to see him rip an opponents arms off and smack them with it. I want to see that superman.
That's not Superman, though. Maybe Black Adam, but not Superman.

Old 05-26-2013, 11:33 AM   #970
the last son
Side-Kick

Which is the point then Superman unwillingness to go ruthless is why some people pick batman

Old 05-26-2013, 11:59 AM   #971
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Superman is smarter than Batman in the same way a computer is smarter than a man. Can a computer analyze data, be able to operate many technological advances, absorb a great amount of information, do instantaneous calculations in its head, and remember all the digits in Pi? Yes. But can a computer do detective work, come up with a tactical plan to defeat an opponent based on studying their strengths, connections, and emotions, figure out what trap Luthor has in mind, and be many steps ahead of his opponents unless specifically programmed to be that many steps ahead by a person who actually is many steps ahead? No.

The reason why Batman can keep up with the JL and with Superman is not because he is smart while everyone else is an idiot. Thee are many smart JL members on the team too. Batman is unique in that aspect because unlike the other smart members that approach the problem from only one angle, Batman always approaches the problem at hand from multiple angles. Another thing that separates Batman's intelligence from Superman and everyone else's intelligence is that while everyone else usually goes after an opponent's weaknesses, Batman often goes after the opponent's strengths. And if someone goes after your strengths, what exactly do you have to fall back on? Nothing but your weaknesses, which won't help you out much.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:14 PM   #972
the last son
Side-Kick

That going after strengths makes no sense. I was with you up until that point. Batman has never done that.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:18 PM   #973
GOD
Banned User

I guess this might have been posted before:

GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #974
Steamteck
Side-Kick

the only way I see Batman winning is if he had some insanely prepared trap with very specialized circumstances (solar eclipse or something after Superman is already damaged etc) where everything has to go just right. Even then Its a long shot. Superman's restraint is Batman's biggest advantage also IMO.

Anything less diminishes both characters. Batman's humanity and Superman being Superman. Kryptonite is a complete cheat and frankly using it really proves nothing about Batman himself.

Steamteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 03:19 AM   #975
Mr Destruction
New User - Level 0

To be honest, if superman were a baddie he would throw batman into the sun. If he were immune to kryptonite he could kill batman and literally all his friends. But guess what? HE ISN'T! Batman will be relying on these weaknesses to send superman to heaven. In all their fights superman has never been able to kill batman due to his mercy. However batman will be hellbent on beating up this idiot in an elastic onesie. Batman will exploit super mans kryptonite weakness to neutralise super mans powers and make Lois Lane a widow.

Mr Destruction is offline   Reply With Quote