The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Which Female Character Should Get a Solo Outting?
Ms Marvel 59 65.56%
Spider-Woman 19 21.11%
Tigra 4 4.44%
Black Widow 31 34.44%
She-Hulk 20 22.22%
Thundra 2 2.22%
Scarlet Witch 10 11.11%
Other 18 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-03-2013, 09:47 PM   #51
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Default Re: Marvel Looking into Female Characters

I'd love a Ms. Marvel film to get made. But Black Widow deserves her own first.

After that I can go for She-Hulk because she's so fun. Daughters of the Dragon has potential but not in the Charlie's Angel way. It would have to be more like a buddy cop story where two women who come from different tracks of life team up to fight a common enemy.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 12:48 AM   #52
DN91
Legendary Outlaw

Ms./Captain Marvel for me. If they have involvement from Kelly Sue DeConnick (current writer of the Captain Marvel comic series) in some way, it would be great.

DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #53
Silvermoth
Avenger

The thing about Captain Marvel is she needs a good supporting cast. I mean who do you have really?

Captain Marvel (of course)
The male Captain Marvel as a mentor/love interest
Abigail Brand
Nick Fury maybe?
and as a villain, Superskrull maybe? I'm not sure if the Skrulls are part of Marvel?

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:22 PM   #54
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
The thing about Captain Marvel is she needs a good supporting cast. I mean who do you have really?

Captain Marvel (of course)
The male Captain Marvel as a mentor/love interest
Abigail Brand
Nick Fury maybe?
and as a villain, Superskrull maybe? I'm not sure if the Skrulls are part of Marvel?
I mean you have Jessica Drew too, but you do raise a good point. Her biggest and best stories deal with Rogue, Mystique, Superskrull all characters Marvel does not have. Yeah, her rogue gallery is pretty non existent.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:57 AM   #55
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Which is why you take the opportunity to build her a new one from scratch. There's lots of cosmic/space related characters you could steal and use with her, like Ronan the Accuser.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 02:00 PM   #56
04nbod
I need to debrief you

Valkyrie would seem to be the most natural after Black Widow.

Old 05-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #57
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Which is why you take the opportunity to build her a new one from scratch. There's lots of cosmic/space related characters you could steal and use with her, like Ronan the Accuser.
I wouldn't mind using the Kree and if they were to do a Ms Marvel movie after the Inhumans it would be so much easier since people will at least somewhat know who the Kree already are.

Old 05-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #58
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Ms Marvel, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow movies would all be nice.
These are my choices also.

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Bim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #59
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
I mean you have Jessica Drew too, but you do raise a good point. Her biggest and best stories deal with Rogue, Mystique, Superskrull all characters Marvel does not have. Yeah, her rogue gallery is pretty non existent.
I wouldn't say that at all. She has Morgan Le Fay (a big Avengers and Iron Man villainess) and Viper for starters, along with Hydra.

Spider-Woman could fit into the whole supernatural genre if Marvel went that way with Dr Strange. Most of her early rogues gallery/allies are supernatural in some way: Morgan, Nekra, Brothers Grimm, Werewolf by Night, the Shroud, Hangman, etc, plus mutants like Gypsy Moth. Those early stories (and the later ones too) are quite similar in tone and premise to series like Angel. She would be right up Joss Whedon's alley.

My choices would be Spider-Woman, She-Hulk and Ms Marvel.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #60
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

^ I think blalex620 was talking about Carol's rogue's gallery as being non-existent.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 05-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #61
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I wouldn't say that at all. She has Morgan Le Fay (a big Avengers and Iron Man villainess) and Viper for starters, along with Hydra.

Spider-Woman could fit into the whole supernatural genre if Marvel went that way with Dr Strange. Most of her early rogues gallery/allies are supernatural in some way: Morgan, Nekra, Brothers Grimm, Werewolf by Night, the Shroud, Hangman, etc, plus mutants like Gypsy Moth. Those early stories (and the later ones too) are quite similar in tone and premise to series like Angel. She would be right up Joss Whedon's alley.

My choices would be Spider-Woman, She-Hulk and Ms Marvel.
We have the same choices!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #62
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I'd have to go with Spider-Woman. With her supporting cast, allies, rogues gallery and connections to already established MCU continuity (Hydra, S.H.I.E.L.D.), she'd have the most potential. As Dark raven pointed she's also connected to the supernatural side of the Marvel universe and if they bring in High Evolutionary with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver, there's another connection. She would be the easiest character to bring in.

Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk would be awesome too.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 05-05-2013 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #63
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
^ I think blalex620 was talking about Carol's rogue's gallery as being non-existent.

As you pointed out, Spider-Woman has great villains/allies. She's also connected to Hydra and High Evolutionary (like Wanda and Pietro). Bringing here into the MCU would be very easy.

As for Ms. Marvel, who owns the rights to the Shi'ar? If it's Marvel than they've got Deathbird.
Oh sorry, must've misread.

Spider-Woman would fit into both the spy and supernatural genres that Marvel seems to be developing.

I also forgot about the Needle, Tick Tock and Dansen Macabre in her rogue's gallery. They, along with the Brothers Grimm, Tatterdemalion (who did feature in that prison story in Spider-Woman but wasn't a main villain), Gypsy Moth and Hangman were all led by the Shroud (and assisted by Werewolf by Night) as members of the supervillain team The Night Shift (where Shroud was posing as one to keep an eye on them).

The Night Shift (who are almost like Spider-Woman's equivalent of the Sinister Six) could fit into a Midnight Sons movie, now that Marvel has Ghost Rider and Blade back in their fold, and since they battled them in the comics.

And then of course there's Tigra. How could I forget her as one of Jessica's biggest allies?

I'd say Jessica has the best rogues gallery out of the Marvel females.

So yeah, I think Spider-Woman has a wealth of material to bring to the table with all her connections, rogues gallery, allies etc. Possibly the most material out of the choices in the poll.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 05-05-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #64
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Does anyone know who owns the rights to the Shi'ar? Deathbird is a great adversary for Ms. Marvel.

Last edited by Jake Cassidy; 05-05-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM   #65
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Does anyone know who owns the rights to the Shi'ar? Deathbird is a great adversary for Ms. Marvel.
Probably FOX? The 1st appearance of the Shi'ar in the comics was in X-Men vol. 2.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #66
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

FOX holds the rights to Viper sadly (she's appearing in The Wolverine) and I think they hold the rights to the Shi'ar too since if I'm not mistaken they deal a lot with the X-Men mostly.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:35 PM   #67
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Viper in The Wolverine has no connection to Hydra. I think Marvel can use the character and just call her Madame Hydra instead.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:36 PM   #68
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
FOX holds the rights to Viper sadly (she's appearing in The Wolverine) and I think they hold the rights to the Shi'ar too since if I'm not mistaken they deal a lot with the X-Men mostly.
But they don't hold the rights to Madame Hydra, which is why Fox's Viper doesn't look like the traditional image because they can't use that.

And Viper is only a small part of Spider Woman. There are many others from her rogues gallery who are great.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:39 PM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
But they don't hold the rights to Madame Hydra, which is why Fox's Viper doesn't look like the traditional image because they can't use that.

And Viper is only a small part of Spider Woman. There are many others from her rogues gallery who are great.
We don't know that. They probably just didn't give her green hair. Her costume is similar in the comics.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #70
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Viper in The Wolverine has no connection to Hydra. I think Marvel can use the character and just call her Madame Hydra instead.
Hopefully this is the case.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:55 PM   #71
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
The funny thing is, if you look at Ms. Marvel's history she's more tied to the X-Men than to the Avengers. Her biggest enemies were Mystique, Deathbird and Rogue. After Rogue stole her powers she lived with the X-Men. When she became Binary she joined the Starjammers. She fits in better with the X-Men, imo.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:04 PM   #72
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It's a shame Silver Samurai is with Fox as he's a Spider Woman villain too.

But Marvel should just concentrate on the supernatural villains and Hydra from her rogues gallery anyway. A huge chunk of them in the form of the Night Shift could show up in a Midnight Sons movie.

I think Marvel should start introducing some in Agents Of SHIELD.

Dark Raven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #73
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
It's a shame Silver Samurai is with Fox as he's a Spider Woman villain too.

But Marvel should just concentrate on the supernatural villains and Hydra from her rogues gallery anyway. A huge chunk of them in the form of the Night Shift could show up in a Midnight Sons movie.

I think Marvel should start introducing some in Agents Of SHIELD.
If Marvel ever makes a Spider-Woman movie, the villain would probably be a C-lister that most fanboys haven't heard about. Just like with Iron Man 2's Whiplash and Iron Man 3's Aldrich Killian.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:41 PM   #74
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
The funny thing is, if you look at Ms. Marvel's history she's more tied to the X-Men than to the Avengers. Her biggest enemies were Mystique, Deathbird and Rogue. After Rogue stole her powers she lived with the X-Men. When she became Binary she joined the Starjammers. She fits in better with the X-Men, imo.
I wouldn't say she fits in better with the X-Men but she's had a great run with them. Personally, i like her with the Avengers now, this run is what got me into the character now.
I think she's not with FOX because she's not a mutant. However, no one's ever asked Feige about her so for all we know FOX maybe be able to use her in some capacity like calling her Binary and not Ms Marvel and not using her name or something like that.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:55 PM   #75
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I like her with the Avengers, too. I've just always wanted to be in the X-Men. Same with Firestar.