The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
BullMcGiveny
Probably Disagree
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,464
Default Easter eggs

I'd like to see a scene set an Air Force base, where Sharon has to blend in, for whatever reason, so she steals a flight suit and masquerades as an Airman. The name patch reads Danvers.

BullMcGiveny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 AM   #2
Compi716
The SHH! Jew
 
Compi716's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Los Angeles.
Posts: 8,455
Default Re: Easter eggs

Unless they/he are already involved in the film, I'd love references to Roxxon Oil and Aleksander Lukin. Lukin was an integral part of The Winter Soldier storyline, and I think he deserves at least some form of mention.

__________________
Clark Kent is Superman's critique of the entire Human race.

I write for this talent agency's blog. Read it, 'cause it's awesome: http://atbtalent.blogspot.com/
Compi716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,112
Default Re: Easter eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Compi716 View Post
Unless they/he are already involved in the film, I'd love references to Roxxon Oil and Aleksander Lukin. Lukin was an integral part of The Winter Soldier storyline, and I think he deserves at least some form of mention.
Roxxon has so far been mentioned/seen in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer with Coulson stopping at a Roxxon gas station and now in IM3 with a kidnapped Roxxon executive being threatened in front of the President by The Mandarin (it's a clip that's been shown when Kingsley was doing the press tour for IM3.)

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #4
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,554
Default Re: Easter eggs

I'd say it's safe to assume that AIM, the new found "brain slot", Roxxon, and the whole President/Vice President things from Iron Man 3 will possibly pop their heads up somewhere in Cap2, at least one of those concepts will be further added onto I'd think.

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder
 
KDM1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 709
Default Re: Easter eggs

Wakanda and black panther would be nice. Really any character that hasn't been introduced yet would be awesome.

__________________
MIDNIGHT SONS
KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #6
DN91
Legendary Outlaw
 
DN91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 763
Default Re: Easter eggs

Winter Soldier being sent in to assassinate the President (who should be the same guy from Iron Man 3).

DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 AM   #7
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 12,047
Default Re: Easter eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
Winter Soldier being sent in to assassinate the President (who should be the same guy from Iron Man 3).

On the orders of AIM, who are still very much in existence, and who still have designs on the White House.

And Arnim Zola turns out to have "evolved" into MODOK.

And AIM turns out to be a front for a HYDRA that never really disappeared after WWII; they just went underground.

And AIM shows off some yellow biohazard suits during a biological weapons attack, and their helmets are oddly shaped like those of a beekeeper.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #8
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,919
Default Re: Easter eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
On the orders of AIM, who are still very much in existence, and who still have designs on the White House.

And Arnim Zola turns out to have "evolved" into MODOK.

And AIM turns out to be a front for a HYDRA that never really disappeared after WWII; they just went underground.

And AIM shows off some yellow biohazard suits during a biological weapons attack, and their helmets are oddly shaped like those of a beekeeper.
These would be awesome Easter Eggs.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:29 PM   #9
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,867
Default Re: Easter eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
On the orders of AIM, who are still very much in existence, and who still have designs on the White House.

And Arnim Zola turns out to have "evolved" into MODOK.

And AIM turns out to be a front for a HYDRA that never really disappeared after WWII; they just went underground.

And AIM shows off some yellow biohazard suits during a biological weapons attack, and their helmets are oddly shaped like those of a beekeeper.
Well Kevin did say IM3 would have huge implications for Phase 2 so this would make sense... also AIM was a think tank and Killian was one man... so....

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #10
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,512
Default Re: Easter eggs

Didn't IM3 state that Killian and coworkers created AIM?

I would like AIM and Hydra to remain separate entities to expand the villan base in the MCU

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #11
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,919
Default Re: Easter eggs

I would not mind AIM and HYDRA working together in a future film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,512
Default Re: Easter eggs

working together, yes, being the same entity, no

peterparker0077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,919
Default Re: Easter eggs

agreed

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #14
JerseyJoker
Side-Kick
 
JerseyJoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Jersey Represent!!
Posts: 1,817
Default Re: Easter eggs

No need to have an over abundance of easter eggs from IM3 in Cap at all.

The best thing is that when we see an easter egg its either something necessery (SHIELD popping up) or something small and not important to story, but interesting to find (Human Torch suit).

__________________
This is my blog:

The Jersey Critic (Latest Review: The Wolverine!)

Visit. Enjoy. Comment.
JerseyJoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 PM   #15
chiefchirpa
Haaa-rooooooo
 
chiefchirpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3,236
Default Re: Easter eggs

RDJ's cameo would make all the audiences go Ga-Ga

But Starktech energy shield can be cool enough.

chiefchirpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:37 PM   #16
Eddie
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,340
Default Re: Easter eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Roxxon has so far been mentioned/seen in A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer with Coulson stopping at a Roxxon gas station and now in IM3 with a kidnapped Roxxon executive being threatened in front of the President by The Mandarin (it's a clip that's been shown when Kingsley was doing the press tour for IM3.)
They've been referenced in all of the Iron Man films, actually. They seem to be located near Stark, or at least one of their buildings is, as seen in Iron Man. There's even a Roxxon truck featured in the battle against Stane. They also sponsored a car in Iron Man 2.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #17
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Easter eggs

I think a reference to Captain Marvel would be cool (though for her to turn up completely would be better). I'd like a nod to Ant-Man too. Maybe a mention of stolen technology again, like in Thor.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #18
DN91
Legendary Outlaw
 
DN91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 763
Default Re: Easter eggs

I'd like to see more Cap merchandise on display beyond the trading cards from Avengers, to further sell the idea of Cap as a folk hero in the MCU. (Would even be a good way to justify product placement for Hasbro's Cap toys like with the Iron Man stuff in his films)

DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #19
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 6,112
Default Re: Easter eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN91 View Post
I'd like to see more Cap merchandise on display beyond the trading cards from Avengers, to further sell the idea of Cap as a folk hero in the MCU. (Would even be a good way to justify product placement for Hasbro's Cap toys like with the Iron Man stuff in his films)
He did spend an early part of the war making war films for Hollywood so maybe having those refound and released as a box set due to the events of TA would be a neat element to include.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.