The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > SHH Community Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #601
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Default Re: The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0

Thanks for the info guys, trying to slowly build a home gym.

what do you think of Cellucor's C4 pre workout supplement? I got a free 30 serving sample from one of my friends from GNC and I am going to start the cycle this week.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #602
mrvlknight21
Pullups for breakfast!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
does anyone have those selecttech BowFlex dumbbells? i'm really thinking of getting them but they are too expensive.
They are crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Kornphlake View Post
I'd suggest checking out PowerBlocks. Much better build quality.
I have had these and they are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobblepot View Post
I believe that ironmaster sells the best quick changing dumbells available. They look a lot sturdier than all the others.
These are generally regarded as the best adjustables.

Old 04-23-2013, 03:43 AM   #603
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

just about 3 and a half weeks left of Les Mills Combat yay

a bit ago i went a week without eating meat to support a friend who was trying to improve her eating habits. was a lot easier than i thought it'd be

dunno if i'll do that again anytime soon, but i did Meatless Monday today.

I drawl, and I drawl. My Art Thread yall

The Official Nov/Dec Fan Art Contest
Old 04-23-2013, 04:11 AM   #604
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
just about 3 and a half weeks left of Les Mills Combat yay

a bit ago i went a week without eating meat to support a friend who was trying to improve her eating habits. was a lot easier than i thought it'd be

dunno if i'll do that again anytime soon, but i did Meatless Monday today.
I can go weeks without eating meat, but usually I eat it maybe once a week or something and I have no problem with it. I'm not trying to be a vegetarian or something, I'm just to lazy to prepare and cook it most of the time

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #605
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

i need to cook more. my diet is shambles and that's a compliment. i don't take care of myself like i should and i only seem to remember that after i binge.

i've realized that all my big weight gains have been during critical points of my life and i'm learning that i've used food as a coping mechanism. i'm not an emotional person at all (as many here know and tease me about) and i'm very controlled in my emotions, not always smiley etc, but it seems like i've been so controlled in all aspects of my life that i only lose control when it comes to eating and eating what i want. i've got to stop

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #606
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

My diet is pretty terrible as well to be honest. I eat a lot of processed food and chocolate and stuff, though I rarely binge and go totally crazy.
Just a question, do you keep track on your calories and macros? It might help you control your weight gains (or maybe not since you claim it happens during bad periods of your life). I do it and it lets me eat a lot of crap with good conscience since I know I'm not overeating too much.

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 04-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #607
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

i'm starting to keep track of what i eat. i'm using fitbit and myfitnesspal. i just need to be much more diligent on it

Old 04-24-2013, 12:43 AM   #608
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I think its about portion control. I think if I eliminated dairy from my diet I would be seeing results. One food that I don't think I could ever get rid of is Pizza, my favorite lol

Old 04-26-2013, 09:42 PM   #609
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

my fitbit One came in yesterday and i've got it charged, synced and ready to go. so hopefully i can improve on my exercise and keeping track now

i've got a bout a month before a family reunion so i'd like to lose a few before i go

Old 04-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #610
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicChick View Post
i need to cook more. my diet is shambles and that's a compliment. i don't take care of myself like i should and i only seem to remember that after i binge.

i've realized that all my big weight gains have been during critical points of my life and i'm learning that i've used food as a coping mechanism. i'm not an emotional person at all (as many here know and tease me about) and i'm very controlled in my emotions, not always smiley etc, but it seems like i've been so controlled in all aspects of my life that i only lose control when it comes to eating and eating what i want. i've got to stop
I think that's actually pretty common. Lots of women, especially, don't have a healthy relationship with food and use it emotionally. It's really surprising how this happens even my group of really-smart-and-otherwise-nongirly friends.

I was at the gym for the first time in exactly a month. Ugh, goddamn I've fallen off the horse. But hey, gettin' back on it!

Old 04-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #611
the last son
Side-Kick

How much will it show in my stomach if I ride a bike? I bought one yesterday and rode it for 20 miles. I can only workout twice a week really and have exchanged the bike instead of a car. I will still lift on weekends as well just wondering how much I should ride in two days to get ab results. Thanks

Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #612
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
How much will it show in my stomach if I ride a bike? I bought one yesterday and rode it for 20 miles. I can only workout twice a week really and have exchanged the bike instead of a car. I will still lift on weekends as well just wondering how much I should ride in two days to get ab results. Thanks
Depends on your genetics. I see guys all the time in tight cycling outfits who have great legs/butt but still have a paunch. Do you find you easily lose weight there?

20 miles is great for a first bike ride! I think it'll be tons healthier than driving a car.

Ughhhh two days after lifting and my legs are STILL sore. Not going to the gym in a month is a decidedly bad idea!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:03 PM   #613
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

one day i will have legs like Carrie

Old 04-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #614
SuperMike335!!
Side-Kick

Since the subject of fat loss keeps coming up here (and why wouldn't it? its a sensible goal for many people) I like to mention my take on it is strongly through calorie control.

Yes you burn calories while working out, but in my mind that is not the main point of exercise. Think of exercise for health in general.

The reason I make that distinction is due to compliance. I can much more easily skip a meal than make myself go burn off an extra 800 calories, especially after a long day.

This is NOT coming from a guy who has the genes to naturally stay lean either. My genetic code is for a FAT man. Obese parents. My sisters struggle with it.

I don't struggle with it. I took control of it. MY bodyfat% tends to fluctuate between 8-12%, depending on my goals at any given time. When I was younger I was around 25%.

I take it as a compliment when people tell me that "you must be that guy who has it easy cuz of genetics that everybody hates".

As a person who is a ravenous over eater, has a BIG genetic appetitie, I found the best way to control my calories is through intermittent fasting/Intemittent feeding (IF). I highly suggesting googling the terms and spend a good amount of time reading up on it.

Icecreamfitness on youtube is also one of my favorite channels too. Jason Blaha really likes IF too, and he has up several videos the explain it better than I could.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-05-2013, 05:14 AM   #615
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

When I went to the gym today, there was another skinny Asian girl at the power rack lifting by herself! I didn't get a chance to talk to her, but next time, I think I'll suggest we form a "Fierce Ladies Fighting Osteoporosis Club."

I'm almost back to where I was before I took a month-long gym hiatus due to wedding and finals. At least my technique is still sound, even if the weight feels ridiculously heavy....

Old 05-06-2013, 06:06 PM   #616
ComicChick
Making Bad Guys Good
SHH! Global Moderator

thought of you Devil

Old 05-10-2013, 04:57 AM   #617
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Before you eat that extra burger, think of this guy

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-22457765

Hard not to feel at least a little bit sorry for him.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 05-10-2013, 02:26 PM   #618
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

Oh, eww.

Also, "that extra burger"? Does anyone here casually grab a second burger like it's an extra french fry?

Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #619
PyroChamber
W.B.B.S.

How long does it usually take for skin to stretch back into place after losing weight, or does it?

Everytime I watch someone talk about how they lost a lot of weight and how thin they now look, I always wonder what happened to the skin; like if it went back into place or if it was done with surgery.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #620
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

If the weight loss was extreme, then some of the skin may need to be removed surgically. The elasticity of skin has its limits.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #621
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!

It seems like if someone loses weight slowly and naturally, their skin springs back in place with a few stretch marks here or there. But people who go through gastric bypass surgery usually have a ton of loose, extra skin hanging around. I have a cousin who went through it, and she had to have more surgery to fix all the skin. I guess human skin can handle the slow changes, but can't cope with a sudden size change like that.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #622
Anita18
DANCE FOR ME, FUNNY MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
It seems like if someone loses weight slowly and naturally, their skin springs back in place with a few stretch marks here or there. But people who go through gastric bypass surgery usually have a ton of loose, extra skin hanging around. I have a cousin who went through it, and she had to have more surgery to fix all the skin. I guess human skin can handle the slow changes, but can't cope with a sudden size change like that.
Exactly.

I easily scar so even though I only had a weight gain of 10 lbs during my pre-puberty growth spurt (and have stayed the same size/weight since then), there are stretch marks ALL OVER my thighs and butt. I even have some on my knees. My mom's 5'2" and she even has stretch marks on her knees. Not to mention on her stomach from being pregnant. It's hilarious seeing skinny Asian chicks with stretch marks, but it does happen! Nothing to do with being overweight and everything to do with how your skin reacts to such things.

Old 05-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #623
Ant-manic
Banned User

i love burpees; do two sets of 20 3 times a week (at least).

Old 05-10-2013, 10:45 PM   #624
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i love burpees; do two sets of 20 3 times a week (at least).
are they considered a Core exercise? or is something different?

Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #625
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
are they considered a Core exercise? or is something different?
it can be. but it's mostly working the quads, calves, and triceps. you kind of a do a plank inbetween movements, though. it can be quite an aerobic workout, as well.

Closed Thread