The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #151
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Someone that understands the character, unlike the last Doom....
Julian could only do so much with what was given him - goofy decisions from the higher up like Rothman could not be ignored - at least Tim Story pushed for him wearing the mask or we would have gotten some weird metal skinned Colossus wanna be which was the direction they were headed in that movie...

Old 05-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #152
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: "I am Doom...What Gods Dare Stand Against Me"---The official Dr. Doom Thread

But, HOW he said those lines could have helped some....the "cheeky" sarcasm just came off bad to me....maybe, and this is just a maybe, we will never know, but maybe had he spit those sarcastic lines out with a growl and disdain? Then I might have given him a thumbs up.

"Let's go for a spin" for instance...he said it with a ha...ha...ha sarcasm and it came off as stupid. Had he said it through clenched teeth and added a...."LET'S GO FOR A .................. SPIN, Mrs. Richards..." Even though they weren't married yet, it would have shown his disdain for her, Reed and what they stand for in a sense. Just something I've thought about after seeing the two movies.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Last edited by Kelly; 05-05-2013 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #153
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
But, HOW he said those lines could have helped some....the "cheeky" sarcasm just came off bad to me....maybe, and this is just a maybe, we will never know, but maybe had he spit those sarcastic lines out with a growl and disdain? Then I might have given him a thumbs up.

"Let's go for a spin" for instance...he said it with a ha...ha...ha sarcasm and it came off as stupid. Had he said it through clenched teeth and added a...."LET'S GO FOR A .................. SPIN, Mrs. Richards..." Even though they weren't married yet, it would have shown his disdain for her, Reed and what they stand for in a sense. Just something I've thought about after seeing the two movies.
I see your point, I am just not sure how much of that was his call versus the direction he was given, either by Story or the clowns at Fox...

Either way, there is obviously room for a TON of improvement in Dr. Doom whenever we see him on screen again, which I hope will not be in this reboot.

Old 05-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #154
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbadoom View Post
I see your point, I am just not sure how much of that was his call versus the direction he was given, either by Story or the clowns at Fox...

Either way, there is obviously room for a TON of improvement in Dr. Doom whenever we see him on screen again, which I hope will not be in this reboot.
I pretty much have to agree with you....

That is why one of my hope's is that we get a cast that will stand up for their character they are portraying.

It was disconcerting to hear from actors afterwards...for example...from Alba that her character really was too *****y..... speak up during filming, not afterwards.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #155
Obi-Ron
Deal with it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
so what actor is going to willing to do a "bane" and go totally unseen for 99% of the movie?
Hugo Weaving in V for Vendetta, exactly the way Doom should be done.

Old 05-16-2013, 08:04 PM   #156
VICTORVONDOOMX
Never tell me the odds!

Quote:
."LET'S GO FOR A .................. SPIN, Mrs. Richards..."
Worst.
Line.
Evaaaah.

And yes, Hugo Weaving is a good template.
Doom must be presented as FORMIDIBLE not cheeky.

Old 05-16-2013, 10:49 PM   #157
DrDoom
Dictator

IMPOSTER!!!!!

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 05-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #158
VICTORVONDOOMX
Never tell me the odds!

Yes, I agree. You ARE an imposter. Your join date certainly indicates this. Faulty Doombot or not, we can agree that DOOM is supreme and therefore should not be in this film.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:14 AM   #159
DrDoom
Dictator

Been a member since round 2002, just been banned

Old 05-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #160
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Been a member since round 2002, just been banned
That's interesting....

Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #161
DrDoom
Dictator

Mods already know that. Since I have been behaving they said I'm good

Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #162
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Mods already know that. Since I have been behaving they said I'm good
No, you are ok because you went ahead and changed your name, and asked for the old name to be banned. The old name actually should have been left as it, because we usually automatically ban when names come up with the same IP as a banned name. You are lucky I always check first... : )

You would have been better off not to have mentioned the ban.

We don't do that anymore, so you are lucky that you got in before our policy changed.

Maya Angelou ...

Last edited by Kelly; 05-18-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #163
DrDoom
Dictator

Whatever, I forgot the circumstances. Im sure a couple of the older Mods knew. I think I remember them saying so, no biggie either way

Old 05-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #164
VICTORVONDOOMX
Never tell me the odds!

It was probably for liking Tim Story's Doom. Heh.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:48 AM   #165
DrDoom
Dictator

That would def. be a ban-able offense

Old 05-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #166
Blackman
C'mon Son

My choice for Doom...Joaquin Phoenix (Gladiator, The Master)

-Great, Respected Actor
-Amazing at playing a villain/morally evil role

Old 05-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #167
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

i'd be cool with it, but does he have a booming theatrical voice, or is it a more subdued sinister voice. Can't remember the last movie i saw him in

Old 05-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #168
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Joaquin Phoenix would be a great choice!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 05-25-2013, 02:56 AM   #169
DrDoom
Dictator

Yeah, and the reason he puts on his mask is to hide his hair-lip

Old 05-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #170
bubbadoom
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, and the reason he puts on his mask is to hide his hair-lip
Exactly - it all falls into place...

Old 06-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #171
RedIsNotBlue
Agree to disagree

Under better direction and script Julian McMahon could have pulled off a more serious version of Dr. Doom. Coincidentally speaking of actors named Julian...if he were younger Julian Sands would be an excellent choice for Doom.

Old 06-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #172
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I thought McMahon was horribly miscast as Doom then again I find him absolutely terrible as an actor

Old 06-13-2013, 07:07 AM   #173
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Doom had better be a monarch and whoever is cast has to sound like someone you would never mess with unless you really were the smartest man on Earth. TV plastic sugeons need not apply.

Old 06-14-2013, 10:50 PM   #174
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I think Mads Mikkelsen or however you spell his name would be INcredible! Christoph Waltz would be cool too.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:16 AM   #175
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
TV plastic sugeons need not apply.

Closed Thread