The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #76
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Finished the prologue & part of the way into Chapter 1 on Witcher 2 and now that we're getting more story & character scenes I'm really getting into it.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:54 AM   #77
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-the-witcher-3

CD Projekt Red: "There is no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3"

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:10 AM   #78
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods
 
Fenrir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 4,765
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-the-witcher-3

CD Projekt Red: "There is no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3"
Finally developers are starting to get it. F**k multiplayer.

__________________
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:43 AM   #79
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero
 
ChrisBaleBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Shadow Moses
Posts: 18,838
Default Re: The Witcher 3

That is an awesome ****ing quote.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:48 AM   #80
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Finally developers are starting to get it. F**k multiplayer.
Nah, just CD Projekt Red unfortunately

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:36 AM   #81
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods
 
Fenrir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 4,765
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Nah, just CD Projekt Red unfortunately
Rocksteady is another one.

__________________
Fenrir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #82
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-the-witcher-3

CD Projekt Red: "There is no place for multiplayer in so strongly a story-driven game as The Witcher 3"
Thank god for CDProjekt. Tired of MP showing up in every damn game. Good to see they understand it takes away from the SP experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Rocksteady is another one.
Well if the rumors are true, i have a feeling that wont remain the case. Once Rocksteady takes the Arkham series over again, im sure theyll add MP like WBM is rumored to be doing with Arkham Origins.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #83
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
Rocksteady is another one.
Yeah, just found this quote from them about Arkham City:

'If we use all of the energy that is required to create multiplayer and instead focus this on the single player, would that deliver a better overall game?'

But unfortunately I don't think it's a part of a wider movement which would be demonstrated even further if Arkham Origins is given multiplayer as rumoured by the new developer.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #84
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/n...rfect-RPG.html

CD Projekt RED’s Michal Platkow-Gilewski Talks The Witcher 3, Its Huge World & Creating the Perfect RPG

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #85
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,666
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Thank god for CDProjekt. Tired of MP showing up in every damn game. Good to see they understand it takes away from the SP experience.
IDA and it doesn't have to. Whenver someone says something like this, I point them to Uncharted 2, which was not only the game that introduced MP to the franchise, but is arguably the strongest game from the SP story side. IMO the game is solid from beginning to end and the storytelling is better than any of the games in the series and you have to remember that all that was accomplished while experimenting with implementing MP for the first time which they had to do from the ground up. Nothing was half-assed with either mode too.

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #86
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

I don't think it's that it automatically takes away from single player, more that it might & often does. Resources are used for multiplayer which may or many not (the key issue here) affect the amount available for single player, even if it means 1 less level or just 40 minutes less gameplay. Like you say Uncharted 3 is a great example of an unaffected single player campaign and I'd give Mass Effect 3 as an example of where multiplayer has added a lot to a game for many of the people who vigorously complained about its inclusion beforehand.

That said Uncharted & Mass Efffect being part shooter (with good supporting character models) makes the multiplayer transition a little bit more natural than it is for a strongly character based non-shooter RPG. In previous dev videos the Projekt Red guys said something along the lines of that they looked into multiplayer for Witcher 3 but it didn't work having 8 Geralt's running around and it becomes something quite different when you are controlling a different character. And I think the Tomb Raider devs could have benefited from having a conversation with the Red guys before throwing together that crap. Playing as anyone other than Lara takes away most of the fun of that game where the supporting characters are not in the same league.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE

Last edited by Iceman; 05-06-2013 at 01:30 PM. Reason: typo
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:43 AM   #87
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
IDA and it doesn't have to. Whenver someone says something like this, I point them to Uncharted 2, which was not only the game that introduced MP to the franchise, but is arguably the strongest game from the SP story side. IMO the game is solid from beginning to end and the storytelling is better than any of the games in the series and you have to remember that all that was accomplished while experimenting with implementing MP for the first time which they had to do from the ground up. Nothing was half-assed with either mode too.
MP always takes away from the SP or vice versa. Thats just how it goes, for every one thing you do in development, thats another thing you cant do. Be it due to time, money or what have you. Some games just dont need any MP, like Iceman said, Tomb Riader was a perfect example. As good as the sp was in that game, what if they had used all of that money creating a mp and just funneled it back in to SP?

I am positive CDPR could add a great MP to their game. It's just flat out not needed tho, they recognize this and decide to focus 100% on the single player game and itll make that SP experience just that much better.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:27 AM   #88
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...eased-for-free


The Witcher 2 development tools released for free


Create your own Witcher mods or entirely new RPGs.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:51 AM   #89
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,666
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
MP always takes away from the SP or vice versa. Thats just how it goes, for every one thing you do in development, thats another thing you cant do. Be it due to time, money or what have you. Some games just dont need any MP, like Iceman said, Tomb Riader was a perfect example. As good as the sp was in that game, what if they had used all of that money creating a mp and just funneled it back in to SP?

I am positive CDPR could add a great MP to their game. It's just flat out not needed tho, they recognize this and decide to focus 100% on the single player game and itll make that SP experience just that much better.
Thats not true and me mentioning Uncharted 2 was a perfect example of that not being the case. I honestly cant think of anything that could have been altered to that game to make it any better and them not adding MP wouldnt havent have improved it. It was near perfect in everything it did and provided a complete single player experience while offering up something new beyond that.


Last edited by Havok83; 05-13-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:37 PM   #90
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Thats not true and me mentioning Uncharted 2 was a perfect example of that not being the case. I honestly cant think of anything that could have been altered to that game to make it any better and them not adding MP wouldnt havent have improved it. It was near perfect in everything it did and provided a complete single player experience while offering up something new beyond that.
Had ND of dropped all the time and money they used on MP and funneled that in to SP, we would of gotten more to the SP. Its the golden rule of games development, for every one thing you do, thats another thing you cant do. Maybe a level had to be cut, or a scene of dialog? Id take the smallest things over any kind of MP any day. At least in a game so story driven like Uncharted.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #91
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...eased-for-free


The Witcher 2 development tools released for free


Create your own Witcher mods or entirely new RPGs.
Cant wait to see what ppl do with that. If i ever get a gaming PC, im gonna re buy the Witcher 2 for it.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #92
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,666
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Had ND of dropped all the time and money they used on MP and funneled that in to SP, we would of gotten more to the SP. Its the golden rule of games development, for every one thing you do, thats another thing you cant do. Maybe a level had to be cut, or a scene of dialog? Id take the smallest things over any kind of MP any day. At least in a game so story driven like Uncharted.
And what makes you so sure of that? UC2 had two separate teams with separate budget to handle the two components. Without MP, it wouldn’t have meant that all that money would have been pulled into the SP. Sony would have saved and used it on another project bc the SP team didn’t need it. They did an amazing job with what they were given . This is one of the most overused fallacy used by gamers.

And Im pretty sure stuff was cut from the final product. That’s the case in nearly EVERY game developed. Developers cant/don’t put in everything they conceive and things have to get cut for a number of reasons. It could be time constraints, choosing to save material for sequel or simply that said material wasn’t consistent with the rest of their vision for the game. That’s a regular issue and not something limited to adding MP to a title. UC2 never felt like an incomplete title so whatever ND did cut out, they did it for the best.

GTA 4 is another great example of adding MP, not taking away from SP. Without playing it, Im sure GTA V will have an equally if not more robust SP despite MP being included. Ditto on Red Dead Redemption


Last edited by Havok83; 05-13-2013 at 01:01 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #93
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
And what makes you so sure of that? UC2 had two separate teams with separate budget to handle the two components. Without MP, it wouldn’t have meant that all that money would have been pulled into the SP
Thats just how game development works. You have a budget of both time and money. If you add something to your game thats going to take the place of another. Developers figure out what is needed and whats not. Im not saying the MP in UC was bad, its not, its really good, but the time and money spent there could of been funneled back into SP.

Its why CDProjekt are saying the things they are about the Witcher 3. Multiplayer has no place in a game as story driven as the Witcher nor do they want to spend the time and money to work on it. They want to funnel it all into the single player mode.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #94
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,666
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Thats just how game development works. You have a budget of both time and money. If you add something to your game thats going to take the place of another. Developers figure out what is needed and whats not. Im not saying the MP in UC was bad, its not, its really good, but the time and money spent there could of been funneled back into SP.

Its why CDProjekt are saying the things they are about the Witcher 3. Multiplayer has no place in a game as story driven as the Witcher nor do they want to spend the time and money to work on it. They want to funnel it all into the single player mode.
You're missing the point. That may be how it is for some developers, but that wasnt the case with ND. They approached their SP and MP seperately and had two different teams to handle them. They werent given one big budget and MP took from the SP resources. Each had its own budget. ND expanded after UC1, to the point where they could allocate responsibilities/resources in such a way. They did it this way specifically so their SP experience wouldnt be affected. Other developers dont handle it like that and literally tack on the MP on towards the end of the SP development. UC2 had it handled simultaneously from the beginning and the product different suffer. The Wither team is small (heck they couldnt even port Witcher 2 for the 360 and PS3 simultaneously), so the same model wouldnt work with them

Besides again, the Rockstar games have and continue to prove that notion about SP suffering bc of MP false. Dark Souls had an interesting take on incorporating online multiplayer into an RPG


Last edited by Havok83; 05-13-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #95
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
You're missing the point. That may be how it is for some developers, but that wasnt the case with ND. They approached their SP and MP seperately and had two different teams to handle them. They werent given one big budget and MP took from the SP resources. Each had its own budget. ND expanded after UC1, to the point where they could allocate responsibilities/resources in such a way. They did it this way specifically so their SP experience wouldnt be affected. Other developers dont handle it like that and literally tack on the MP on towards the end of the SP development. UC2 had it handled simultaneously from the beginning and the product different suffer. The Wither team is small (heck they couldnt even port Witcher 2 for the 360 and PS3 simultaneously), so the same model wouldnt work with them

Besides again, the Rockstar games have and continue to prove that notion about SP suffering bc of MP false. Dark Souls had an interesting take on incorporating online multiplayer into an RPG
It doesnt matter, they could of used the money and resources required to create another team and pushed that back into the single player experience. Uncharted 2, while one of the jewels of this gen, had flaws. Flaws that could of been fixed if more time and money was spent with the single player rather than tacking on MP. Now the MP paid off handsomely for them, so i cant fault them at all for going that route.

Same goes for GTA. The games SP had its issues, issues that might not of been there had all attention gone into the SP.

Rocksteady understands this

Quote:
'If we use all of the energy that is required to create multiplayer and instead focus this on the single player, would that deliver a better overall game?'
MP just flat out isnt needed in every title that drops. Period. The devs that can do it with great success are few and far between. Theres a reason we still have SP only titles like Skyrim or the Witcher, the devs feel its not needed and they dont want to take resources away from the SP to create a mp experience. It doesnt matter if its separate teams or not. One will always take away from the other, no matter how big or small those items are. Thats just how it works.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #96
Havok83
Side-Kick
 
Havok83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 34,666
Default Re: The Witcher 3

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that subject

Havok83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #97
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION
 
ProjectPat2280's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: On The Job
Posts: 28,018
Default Re: The Witcher 3

The Witcher 3 in action for the first time at E3

Quote:
CD Projekt RED has just announced that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will be in action for the very first time at E3 in June.

The game will not be showcased to the public though, but will be restricted to behind-closed-doors media presentations. So expect a ton of first-hand previews around E3.

__________________
The above opinions are documented to be proven right, 99.7% of the time.
ProjectPat2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #98
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Excellent. Can't wait to see gameplay footage. I think I'll get to play it at Eurogamer in September.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:49 PM   #99
Spidey-Bat
Ours is the Fury
 
Spidey-Bat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sudden Valley
Posts: 39,201
Default Re: The Witcher 3

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

E3 2013 Gameplay Trailer
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


The Beginning
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spidey-Bat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:23 PM   #100
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 53,713
Default Re: The Witcher 3

Excellent stuff! I get the feeling these guys are putting everything into this game. So far it looks like it will live up to all the promise.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 123,387 G
X-MEN - AVENGERS - JUSTICE LEAGUE
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.