The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 05-04-2013, 08:39 PM   #51
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ghost Rider is back at Marvel Studios!

When does Wesley Snipes get out of prison?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #52
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

That's good news about Ghost Rider and Blade.

Although none of these films have done particularly well on their own, Marvel could release a movie that included Ghost Rider, Blade, Punisher, Daredevil and Elektra along with some others. I don't know if it would be a Midnight Sons, because DD and Elektra and Punisher don't quite fit into that, but it would probably be more of a Marvel Knights movie. It could be Marvel/Disney's equivalent of The Expendables where these old action heroes all unite. They might all be more well received in this way.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #53
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Yeah I'd keep the street levelers separate from the supernaturals, for the most part. Lots of potential both ways for ensemble pics though, not to mention solo flicks.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:18 PM   #54
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Midnight Sons make it happen!

KDM1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 PM   #55
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Marvel now have the potential for half of a Champions movie. They're just missing Angel and Ice Man. But they have both Black Widow and Ghost Rider, and presumably Hercules.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #56
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They're just missing Angel and Ice Man.
They can just make up new guys. Call 'em Wing-Lad and The Igloo Kid.

There you go, Feige, you can have those two for free.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:16 PM   #57
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
not to mention he is possibly the most powerful marvel hero there is.
Seriously? Isn't that somebody like Silver Surfer?

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:36 PM   #58
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I wouldn't call GR the 'most powerful'. One of the toughest, maybe. Virtual immunity to conventional damage + immortality. Barely anything fazes him.

Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 AM   #59
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Honestly, he's mid-tier. I wouldn't even call him Iron Man powerful, though Tony would have a hard time actually putting him down lastingly. Against anybody seriously powerful, GR's main plays are "Go for the Penance Stare!" and "Good thing I can recover from that. . . eventually. . . oww".

Its just that most of the time, Ghost Rider doesn't fight high end supervillains. He fights much lower end foes for whom he is a terrifying unstoppable horror movie monster.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #60
Airwings
Waves of air

Will they be in a future Avengers now?

Punisher and Daredevil doesn't need a lot of explanation, as they can function in the cinematic Marvel world.
But Blade? That means vampires do exist. How come SHIELD don't keep track of them?
And Ghost Rider? Holy fried beans. Satan and Hell are real too. I don't see how that could possible work.
Would Lucifer be an actual fallen angel? Or would he just be a cosmic being, much like Thor, Odin and Loki?

Last edited by Airwings; 05-05-2013 at 10:36 AM.
Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 AM   #61
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

How exactly is marvel going to find time on their slate to even make these films? They seem like they're booked up until 2017 or so with releases and to my knowledge marvel only has plans to produce about 2 films a year.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #62
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
How exactly is marvel going to find time on their slate to even make these films? They seem like they're booked up until 2017 or so with releases and to my knowledge marvel only has plans to produce about 2 films a year.
That's precisely why a lot of people think that these properties may be brought to the small screen, with a few of them possibly making the leap to the big screen sometime down the road.

And also, if more properties continue to come back to Marvel, other studios will be making less Marvel films...allowing Marvel Studios to fill that gap with more movies per year, maybe bumping up their annual output to 3 films.

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #63
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
This is fantastic news for so many reasons!

1) They can now use Mephisto for an Infinity Gauntlet adaptation (Avengers 3: preferably a three part trilogy)
2) Midnight Sons movie which will almost certainly beat any stalled WB/DC Justice League Dark movie to the punch!

Ghost Rider
Blade
Man-Thing
Werewolf by Night
Dr. Strange
3) Perhaps a Hearts of Darkness movie (GR, Punisher, Wolverine) with Blade replacing Wolverine?
4) Anything's better than Sony's two POS!

Maybe it's time to bring Spidey into the fold?

Only three left: Spidey, FF, and X-Men!
I mentioned in another thread that if Marvel lauched Spider-Woman either on the small screen or big screen, a number of her supernatural rogues gallery and allies would fit right into a Midnight Sons movie.

Those rogues in particular are: The Needle, Tick Tock, Gypsy Moth, Hangman, Brothers Grimm, Dansen Macabre and Tatterdemalion.

And the allies in particular are The Shroud and Werewolf by Night.

Sound like any super villain team to you?

The Nightshift, who battled the Midnight Sons.

And Spider-Woman's arch nemesis, Morgan Le Fay ended up as a Dr Strange, Iron Man and Avengers enemy too.

If members of the Nightshift were introduced individually on the small screen, they could ultimately team up and find themselves in battle with the Midnight Sons on the big screen.

Marvel have everything there, with the addition of Ghost Rider and Blade, to make this possible.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #64
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
How exactly is marvel going to find time on their slate to even make these films?
No, not solo films. I asked if they are going to be in Avengers.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #65
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
No, not solo films. I asked if they are going to be in Avengers.
Why would they? None of them have any place there, thematically or logically.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #66
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Since Del Toro is going to make a Dark Justice movie, Marvel now can counter with a Midnight Sons or Marvel Knights movie.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #67
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Why would they? None of them have any place there, thematically or logically.
Now that Marvel Studios have the rights back, it's possible they will include one or more of those characters.... just to have the ultimate fanboy wet dream.

I raise the questions again.
*How will it be explained that SHIELD have no records of vampire activity?

*And what kind of being is Satan in this fictional universe? Will he be just another "god" like the people in Asgard (where science and magic are the same), but from a different realm?

Last edited by Airwings; 05-06-2013 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #68
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

I have a feeling that these guys are going in the Disney Vault for now.Unless they use them for the S.H.E.I.L.D. series like people have said before.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM   #69
Mr.M
Side-Kick

You have to bring back Snipes and Cage. Go for a hard PG-13. Sort of like a retirement/Expendables version. I forget how Blade 3 ended. Snipes still remained with his powers right? I think I'd be a good send off. Throw Thomas Jane's Punisher in the mix. Otherwise future films should be on the back burner for a long, LONG time.

Mr.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #70
the last son
Side-Kick

Is Disney allowed rated R? Blade and ghost rider have to be rated r no questions asked

Old 05-06-2013, 11:39 PM   #71
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Disney is allowed anything but they only release r rated films under their touchstone studio. I doubt marvel will be releasing any R rated films that would probably have been the case had they remained independent as well.

The past punisher and blade films have been rated r so i actually think that is another factor working against them for seeing a solo-film release anytime soon. Marvel will probably be in phase 7 by the time they feel the need to turn to those guys.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:57 PM   #72
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

If Marvel Studios made a Punisher or Ghost Rider film, it would no doubt be R-rated. It's a subsidiary studio like Touchstone is (and Mirimax was). So if Marvel saw fit to release an R-rated film that's a true reflection of a particular character, I doubt Disney would stop them from doing so any more then it would Touchstone.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #73
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

It's all part of an overall image though for it's subsidiaries. Disney realized it wasn't good for it's brand to release R rated films so it decided to purchase touchstone to allow for that.

Disney didn't buy Marvel to release those types of films, hell their films have so far tended to be lighter in tone than the stuff WB/DC has released. Disney owns Marvel and can dictate what type of films it will or won't release. Also Marvel is much more closely associated to disney than touchtone pictures is.

I would highly bet against the idea that marvel will be releasing any r-rated films at least in the near future. Marvel's image as a studio now is the lighter pg-13 avengers related material and trust me disney isn't complaining about that.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:15 AM   #74
Parker Wayne
Let me get it already!

They could bring back Marvel Knights for that.

I do think moviewise, they're tied up for the next few years so I wouldn't hold my breath for a Punisher movie. I think they'll probably relegate Punisher and Ghost Rider to television, and I see them in a few years from now trying to make a new Daredevil movie.

I just hope that eventually Marvel realizes that every hero does not have to be in Avengers 2, and I also hope they up their movies per year to 3. They could get away with a Spring, Summer, and fall movie per year if need be, especially if they keep continuing to push their franchises in different directions genre wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Parker Wayne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #75
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

Quote:
It's all part of an overall image though for it's subsidiaries. Disney realized it wasn't good for it's brand to release R rated films so it decided to purchase touchstone to allow for that.

Disney didn't buy Marvel to release those types of films, hell their films have so far tended to be lighter in tone than the stuff WB/DC has released. Disney owns Marvel and can dictate what type of films it will or won't release. Also Marvel is much more closely associated to disney than touchtone pictures is.

I would highly bet against the idea that marvel will be releasing any r-rated films at least in the near future. Marvel's image as a studio now is the lighter pg-13 avengers related material and trust me disney isn't complaining about that.
Things evolve. They haven't touched these characters yet so there is no need to go there. When the time comes, I have no doubt in my mind they will do what they need to to stay true to the characters. Hell. I have no doubt that the Thor, Cap and Avengers sequels will get darker in tone (or less light). Disney has been good not to step on Marvel's toes to this point (and Iger used words to that effect after they aquired Marvel). Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, they require different tones, darker tones. So again, I have no doubt whatsoever that Marvel Studios will honor the integrity of their very own creations IF they bring them to the big screen. I don't think Disney is as sensitive about image as some people like to pretend. If they were, they probably wouldn't have put some of the programs they have on ABC the past few years. Plus they could just release the film under Marvel Studios and take the magic castle away. But I doubt it's even an issue.