The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #526
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spideysays View Post
Quite frankly I don't care if you believe me. I don't believe you supporters of this film when you say everyone clapped or loved this film either so we're even. Further, Cherokeesam, I knew it was negative because all the credits went through and there were 0 claps or cheers for the movie. 0. None. Never happened at a showing I've been at before. I'm not gonna lie about it because there's no point to it. One way or another. They clearly stated that they were holding out for some "bright side" to the film in the end credits. They didn't get it, half the audience booed the rest kept quiet. Period.

What I find funny is that I CLEARLY directed my post at another user and its always you guys I get answers from. Btw Cherokeesam, you said I was one of the posters who was on your ignore list. What happened? You can revert from ignoring me, but I can't decide to give a movie whose universe I'm clearly more invested in than you a chance to convince me?
Please just stop talking. Just. Stop.

I believe in Ben Affleck.

Hal: Were we ever truly friends?
Sinestro: That’s the tragedy of all of this, Jordan. Hal, we’ll always be friends.
Broseph44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #527
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Quite frankly I don't care if you believe me....

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:18 AM   #528
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 AM   #529
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

I can't think of any way that the Mandarin angle DOESN'T work, outside of fan perceptions being played with.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:14 AM   #530
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

My problem wasn't with the Mandarin's portrayal (I loved Mandarillian) but that it felt very disconnected from the first two movies. They had an opportunity to make it truly personal between him and Tony by showing that the Mandarin had been behind everything with Stane and Hammer, but instead they gave us a weak motivation for Killian, which (to me, at least) dampened the conflict with Tony. It felt superficial. I mean, I loved that they actually had a 1 vs. 1 confrontation at the end, but it could've been so much better if the stakes were even higher than they were.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:20 AM   #531
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Yeah, that was my only complaint. We didn't get any real connection to the 10 Rings.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #532
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Quite frankly I don't care if you believe me. I don't believe you supporters of this film when you say everyone clapped or loved this film either so we're even. Further, Cherokeesam, I knew it was negative because all the credits went through and there were 0 claps or cheers for the movie. 0. None. Never happened at a showing I've been at before. I'm not gonna lie about it because there's no point to it. One way or another. They clearly stated that they were holding out for some "bright side" to the film in the end credits. They didn't get it, half the audience booed the rest kept quiet. Period.

What I find funny is that I CLEARLY directed my post at another user and its always you guys I get answers from. Btw Cherokeesam, you said I was one of the posters who was on your ignore list. What happened? You can revert from ignoring me, but I can't decide to give a movie whose universe I'm clearly more invested in than you a chance to convince me?
wait what....? When did I say that? I've got a grand total of three guys on my ignore list, and I told them specifically who they were and why I didn't want to waste any more space on their b.s. I never said that about you. Should I have?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:55 AM   #533
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:00 AM   #534
sabetoonth
Where You Get Those Eyes?

Yea, that was pretty good xeno000

I'm still kinda on the fence about the twist but I'm holding out on seeing the movie and how it works in that on whether I like it or not.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #535
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:

I saw it with 4 friends Saturday. only two of us are knew Iron man from the comics and TV growing up. the 3 who only new iron man from the movies LOVED Iron ma 3. their favorite one so far. Being an iron man comic fan I loved the movie except the twist but Iron Man 1 is still the best overall movie IMO. the other guy liked the movie as well but agreed with me about the twist.

Face it, people like the movie...only die hard geeks wanting nothing but meaningless fan service have a gripe with the movie. Green Lantern was fan service up the wazoo and what a load of crap that movie was.

ctsketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #536
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
My problem wasn't with the Mandarin's portrayal (I loved Mandarillian) but that it felt very disconnected from the first two movies. They had an opportunity to make it truly personal between him and Tony by showing that the Mandarin had been behind everything with Stane and Hammer, but instead they gave us a weak motivation for Killian, which (to me, at least) dampened the conflict with Tony. It felt superficial. I mean, I loved that they actually had a 1 vs. 1 confrontation at the end, but it could've been so much better if the stakes were even higher than they were.
mmmm I kinda do agree with this. they could have done more with it

Old 05-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #537
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
People were spoiled by the Avengers now everybody wants every Marvel solo movie that comes after it to be as epic as The Avngers was. Sorry folks, it just won't happen.The Avengers will only be topped by the sequel,no argument there

Anone pissed at the twist should learn to let go, jeez -_- I didn't see anyone *****ing when Nolan made Bane a pussy ass whipped love sick puppy dog and Talia the main villain...My God,were people actually expecting Sir Bengsley to be doing backflips and martial arts in this movie,honestly people lol xD
I kept seeing this practice every time... putting down another film to feel good about a preference to another film. This **** needs to stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
I like the ending credits montage of the trilogy with the music that we got in the final cut of the film much better.
I like the music in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWVohTmDYBM

Last edited by DarthDorranceBane; 05-06-2013 at 10:41 AM. Reason: The videos not posting right.
DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:46 AM   #538
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Actually6...both times we went to the movie the entire audience clapped.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #539
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
or Maggie Smith is joining the Avengers. Which would be kinda awesome.
Agatha Harkness! Yes!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:56 AM   #540
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

The Mark XXLII probably didn't have its own arc reactor yet because it was an incomplete prototype, and it had to be independent of Tony's reactor because of its remote assembly nature.
That's plausible. But it wasn't properly explained in the movie... Just like there was no logical explanation with the way
Iron Patriot was taken out by one extremis soldier heating up one arm. The overheating clearly didn't incapacitate the suit because minutes after being heated up by Killian it was used to fly to AF1. Was it AIM previously tinkering with the suit AI ? That's a possibility, but the movie did not do a good job of explaining that.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #541
steintym
Stay Frosty

I still don't know what to think about the movie. A lot of fun action, but I did not like what they did with the Mandarin, and honestly, I didn't really enjoy the Iron Man army. It seemed so cool in the trailers and it just didn't work for me in the movie.

Friends and family that don't know Iron Man from the comics loved the movie though ...

steintym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #542
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Did anyone else feel really bad for Killian in the 1999 flashback?

He just seemed like an excited and naive guy who was excited to meet one of his idols. Couple that with his unfortunate appearance and physical handicap, and 1999 Killian really makes for an empathetic character.

And then we see a brash and cocky Tony ruthlessly humiliate the guy for absolutely no reason whatsoever right when he was so excited to meet Stark.

That the Mandarin actually starts out as truly empathetic and turns into the brutal villian we see at the end of the film is just another one of the reasons that the Mandarin is one of my favorite MCU villains so far!

Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #543
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post

He just seemed like an excited and naive guy who was excited to meet one of his idols. Couple that with his unfortunate appearance and physical handicap, and 1999 Killian really makes for an empathetic character.

And then we see a brash and cocky Tony ruthlessly humiliate the guy for absolutely no reason whatsoever right when he was so excited to meet Stark.

That the Mandarin actually starts out as truly empathetic and turns into the brutal villian we see at the end of the film is just another one of the reasons that the Mandarin is one of my favorite MCU villains so far!
I thought I was the only one who felt bad for him at the beginning, so yeah I agree.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #544
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:

Agreed.. I'm not ashamed to say I let out an 'Aww' when I saw Killian standing alone on the rooftop.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #545
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Combining the opening scene with him standing there and then his confession to Tony in the mansion, I felt really bad for Killian.

Him talking about nearly killing himself because of that gave the character some awesome depth to say we only knew him for one film.

RaZaTrOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:23 PM   #546
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post
Agreed.. I'm not ashamed to say I let out an 'Aww' when I saw Killian standing alone on the rooftop.
I felt bad too....

Old 05-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #547
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

So, does anybody have a definitive summary of the extra footage from the Chinese cut of the film? There are some pics of what looks like the Mark VII with Dr. Wu, so that's making me wonder if...
Tony actually built a new armor between the finale's "clean slate" protocol and the shrapnel removal surgery.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #548
DN91
Legendary Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod1985 View Post
So, does anybody have a definitive summary of the extra footage from the Chinese cut of the film? There are some pics of what looks like the Mark VII with Dr. Wu, so that's making me wonder if...
Tony actually built a new armor between the finale's "clean slate" protocol and the shrapnel removal surgery.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-scenes-450184

According to the above, the extra Chinese footage were just short, unimportant bits featuring Dr. Wu and Fan Bingbing's character. Also, plenty of product placement for Gu Li Duo, the one thing that Iron Man relies on to revitalize his energy.

DN91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #549
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:

I felt bad for him. He was shown being insecure and really looking up to Tony, which made the treatment he received even worse.
I especially liked one of the lines in Tony's monologue at the end: the one about taking something pure and ruining it (or something along those lines.) The intercut to Killian on the rooftop really reinforced the emotional impact of said transformation.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #550
ctsketch
Side-Kick

I've never seen an opinion of a movie so divided. It seems people either loved or hated it... very few 4-7/10 rangers.... I'm 8/10 Flawed but good