The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 PM   #276
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

he is a hell of alot better actor than the hunter Parrish,Colton Haynes,lucas till,liam hemsworth suggestions i constantly see who are just pretty faces with limited acting talent

Last edited by Project862006; 05-05-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:20 PM   #277
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I guess that begs the question then: does Clark Kent have to be from Kansas? What if he crashed in Tenessee or Alabama or somewhere else in the south where the Kents lived instead? Does Smallville have to be in Kansas?
I would say "yes, for the most part." If he's not from the Archetypical Middle American Farm Land, that would change his character in notable ways. If you drop him in Alabama, for instance, then he's growing up in the slowly collapsing ruins of Jim Crow. This would matter, a lot. You would still get a hero, yes, but it'd be a *different* hero. . . and all the moreso if you moved Smallville to Alabama so that a black Kal-El could be raised by a black Ma and Pa Kent.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:30 AM   #278
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Its not his alien origin that requires he be white. Its his Kansas small farm upbringing. An important part of his origin is that he is Pa and Ma Kent's son, and believed to be such by himself and everyone around him, just another small town country boy. And there aren't a lot of black farmers in 70s Kansas.
How about a black boy raised by white farmers? Won't that work?

Anyway, I stand by my opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Keep Johnny the way he is in the comics.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 AM   #279
Project862006
Banned User

who says anything about fixing god this whole it is stunt casting Hollywood being pc crap is so annoying mbj couldn't possibly be liked by josh trank who he worked with already and couldn't of given a good screen test to be called back several times

no it is change for sake of change and stunt casting

should they just turn him down even tho he may of wowed them with oh sorry mike you are great but your black sorry

Old 05-06-2013, 01:18 PM   #280
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Still a notably different dynamic. An important part of Clark's upbringing is that he fits in. Smallville is his home, and he feels as naturally a part of it as if he were the biological child of the Kents. Having him be the only black kid in a hundred miles would interfere with that.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #281
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
Still a notably different dynamic. An important part of Clark's upbringing is that he fits in. Smallville is his home, and he feels as naturally a part of it as if he were the biological child of the Kents. Having him be the only black kid in a hundred miles would interfere with that.
.... There's black people everywhere...... Lol there probably isn't a US state that has only one black kid in a 100 mile radius... That notion is ridiculous

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 05-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #282
Dr Tactics
Ill Brova

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
.... There's black people everywhere...... Lol there probably isn't a US state that has only one black kid in a 100 mile radius... That notion is ridiculous
You know what while we're at it let all the FF, Reed,Sue, Johnny & Ben be black
It still doesn't change that this reboot will be a total waste of studio budget. So it doesn't matter the race of the characters. The eventual flop remains the same no matter what race of characters they choose to change. That's the real issue really.

Last edited by Dr Tactics; 05-07-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:47 PM   #283
Zarex
Side-Kick

From the front page, Brad Bird's thoughts regarding an Incredibles sequel:

"I have been thinking about it. People think that I have not been, but I have. Because I love those characters and love that world. I am stroking my chin and scratching my head. I have many, many elements that I think would work really well in another [Incredibles] film, and if I can get ‘em to click all together, I would probably wanna do that.

If Disney/Marvel really wanted to be aggressive regarding their FF IP rights, an Incredibles sequel scheduled to open a week or two before the FF reboot would go a long way toward diminishing FOX's enthusiasm for the project. Sadly, time won't allow for Bird's sequel before 2015. But there should be enough time for Disney/Pixar to put a 3-D version of the original into theaters as competition for the FF reboot -if they wanted to play hardball with FOX.

Old 05-16-2013, 02:31 PM   #284
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Here's a question. If Johnny is cast with a black actor in the role, but then later on Fox decide to recast (for whatever reason - either he doesn't want to come back, there are creative differences etc) then would they recast with another black actor or a white actor this time round? And if it's the latter, how will they explain the change other than saying they picked the best available actor for the part?

Old 05-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #285
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Stick with the topic of the thread please...

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #286
babykhris
Side-Kick

I'm not convince this film will happen. Unless a full cast debuts before or at SDCC I can't take FOX seriously. Seems like they always makes a statement that FF is coming round then, but as I said I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:01 AM   #287
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykhris View Post
I'm not convince this film will happen.
I hope not. I don't want to troll anyone who's looking forward to it but the rights reverting to Marvel is the best possible outcome imo. It gives MS another tentpole if they have to break from Avengers, it fills massive holes in the MCU (Doom, Surfer, Galactus, Annihilus,etc) and frankly I'm not convinced Fox has any interest in it other than churning out a few cheap films to hold onto the license.

I am PRAYING it stalls. Pleasepleaseplease. Fox can have the X-Men but the FF don't belong there.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-19-2013, 01:05 AM   #288
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I'd like Marvel to get back Silver Surfer so they can make a movie with him starring in it. However Fox can keep the F4 I think they are pretty boring in every aspect the greatest thing about them is the coming of Galactus arc because that introduced the sentinel of the spaceways. If they had SS in the Avengers movie they wouldn't have needed anybody else to stop the invasion he's that bad ass.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-19-2013, 08:11 AM   #289
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
I'd like Marvel to get back Silver Surfer so they can make a movie with him starring in it. However Fox can keep the F4 I think they are pretty boring in every aspect the greatest thing about them is the coming of Galactus arc because that introduced the sentinel of the spaceways. If they had SS in the Avengers movie they wouldn't have needed anybody else to stop the invasion he's that bad ass.
Then it would be just a Silver Surfer movie and not an Avengers movie. They could all go home. And it wouldn't do so well at the box office.

Old 05-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #290
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I was just making a point about how bad ass SS is I didn't say it seriously.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #291
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post

Anyway, I stand by my opinion that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Keep Johnny the way he is in the comics.

President Obama????

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 05-20-2013, 04:37 AM   #292
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

i'm picturing Obama in the marvel werehouse with a brown marker and a stack of F4 comics hahaha

Last edited by Steve Holt; 05-22-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #293
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Steve Holt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #294
Zarex
Side-Kick

Given the growing animosity between FOX and Disney, I'm calling it now - The Incredibles 3D, in theaters March 6, 2015.

Old 05-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #295
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I think we can also expect the skrulls (maybe even kree too) in the film as well since Ronan and the kree are rumored to be in guardians.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:13 PM   #296
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
President Obama????
As one who Is white and voted for Obama twice I maintain the changing of race Is bad Idea.I don't like changing race of characters.I didn't like It when fox has done It.I don't like It when sony did It with moneypenny,and I don't like that
warner brothers Is doing It with perry white.

How would some like It If DIsney and marvel changed blade and luke cage Into
Whites.

Iron Man 3 Is proof they are capable.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #297
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

well thing about Blade is nothing is really black about him besides his skin (race neutral character)
besides it turns out he's English lol

that being said i prefer a black Blade

Old 05-24-2013, 02:46 PM   #298
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
As one who Is white and voted for Obama twice I maintain the changing of race Is bad Idea.I don't like changing race of characters.I didn't like It when fox has done It.I don't like It when sony did It with moneypenny,and I don't like that
warner brothers Is doing It with perry white.

How would some like It If DIsney and marvel changed blade and luke cage Into
Whites.

Iron Man 3 Is proof they are capable.
Thats your opinion as fan of the comics but they aren't just changing race for the sake of change. Michael B. Jordan according to the director of Chronicle who is also directing the FF calls Jordan a genius. He wants to work with him again because he is one of the best actors he's ever worked with regardless of race. If he gets picked up for the role it will be because he is the best qualified. I think everyone would appreciate that kind of equality for any job they applied to and not be limited because of race,gender, or sexual orientation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Holt View Post
well thing about Blade is nothing is really black about him besides his skin (race neutral character)
besides it turns out he's English lol

that being said i prefer a black Blade
but comic book Blade and movie Blade are like two different animals movie blade is way better

Old 05-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #299
Mrs. Sawyer
I wear the pants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Iron man 2, Thor, and The Incredible Hulk disagree. Of course, that's my own personal opinion, but I don't like any of those movies.
Personally, I don't think any of Marvel's movies have been clear disasters. To me, they ranged from okay (Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2) to Amazing (Iron Man, The Avengers). Other may disagree but I think most posters have at least one or two favorites of Marvel Studios and the best thing about that is that it varies.

It's funny, I've never heard so many different opinions on what people like and dislike with superhero movies under one brand. While almost every agree about Iron Man and The Avengers, I've heard people love and hate Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk.

I don't think Marvel Studios botched any of their movies. Iron Man 3's twist was a risk that I think had mixed results but I wouldn't call the movie a disaster, especially considering that it was Shane Black's idea that Feige ran with. It wasn't forced upon him, and at least applaud Marvel for out of the box thinking.

I know it's been said that Fox wouldn't have gotten away with it if they did it and you're right. I agree that they wouldn't have. Marvel built up such good will among fans that they were able to take more risks that fans may be more open to accept. Contrary to other posters beliefs, I don't see Marvel doing many risks like this and I see them sticking to the source material.

Fox, however, has screwed up in the past, mainly during the mid 00s. However, as I said before, Tom Rothman learned his lesson after X-Men Origins and after the success of Avatar, he learned that he should stop meddling in director's projects (in which before he resigned he did exactly that). That's how Fox had successes like X-Men First Class, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Fox will continue to learn to get better because of their competition, not despite it. Fox will have better faith in their source material because it's been proven that being more faithful will have more positive effects and choosing the right directors will prove to be beneficial. They're no longer hiring the Mark Steven Johnson's or the Tim Story's to simply be Yes Men. They're hiring directors to let them do their own thing.

Marvel Studios to me has been the best, but that doesn't mean Fox is as terrible as people make it to be now. They're trying to rectify their mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Mrs. Sawyer will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:28 PM   #300
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
Personally, I don't think any of Marvel's movies have been clear disasters. To me, they ranged from okay (Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 2) to Amazing (Iron Man, The Avengers). Other may disagree but I think most posters have at least one or two favorites of Marvel Studios and the best thing about that is that it varies.

It's funny, I've never heard so many different opinions on what people like and dislike with superhero movies under one brand. While almost every agree about Iron Man and The Avengers, I've heard people love and hate Thor, Captain America, Iron Man 2, and the Incredible Hulk.

I don't think Marvel Studios botched any of their movies. Iron Man 3's twist was a risk that I think had mixed results but I wouldn't call the movie a disaster, especially considering that it was Shane Black's idea that Feige ran with. It wasn't forced upon him, and at least applaud Marvel for out of the box thinking.

I know it's been said that Fox wouldn't have gotten away with it if they did it and you're right. I agree that they wouldn't have. Marvel built up such good will among fans that they were able to take more risks that fans may be more open to accept. Contrary to other posters beliefs, I don't see Marvel doing many risks like this and I see them sticking to the source material.

Fox, however, has screwed up in the past, mainly during the mid 00s. However, as I said before, Tom Rothman learned his lesson after X-Men Origins and after the success of Avatar, he learned that he should stop meddling in director's projects (in which before he resigned he did exactly that). That's how Fox had successes like X-Men First Class, Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

Fox will continue to learn to get better because of their competition, not despite it. Fox will have better faith in their source material because it's been proven that being more faithful will have more positive effects and choosing the right directors will prove to be beneficial. They're no longer hiring the Mark Steven Johnson's or the Tim Story's to simply be Yes Men. They're hiring directors to let them do their own thing.

Marvel Studios to me has been the best, but that doesn't mean Fox is as terrible as people make it to be now. They're trying to rectify their mistakes.
Great points made by you.

Still, the fan reaction will always be pretty much the same. If Marvel Studios made The Amazing Spider-Man, people would have **** their pants over it. And if Fox or Sony made Iron Man Three, the outrage would have been legendary.

Closed Thread