Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Old 04-27-2013, 01:31 PM   #51
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Re: Who Should Be The Villain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
haha, no.

These sort of seem like the obvious things to do with the characters though, no?

Though I am particularly fond of my Flash idea, I don't know if it's the same as yours. The whole time Supes thinks Braniac is there because of his presence, putting the burden on himself; when he's actually only there for Flash, the unexpected piece of the puzzle.
And here I thought I was just creative. That Flash idea does sound good though.

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 04:42 PM   #52
Cheesemint
New User - Level 0

These filmmakers have a discussion about possible villains and seem to have nailed it:

http://youtu.be/o-BjAkehzwQ

Cheesemint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #53
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesemint View Post
These filmmakers have a discussion about possible villains and seem to have nailed it:

http://youtu.be/o-BjAkehzwQ
Interesting points, but they kind of contradict themselves a little.

They say that alien conquerors would not work nor would a team up of villains. But they suggest Hyperclan which is a combination of the two. Not to mention that they say to leave Martian Manhunter out of it despite them being specific villains to him.

But I liked the Prometheus idea. Even though I don't think that they should go with an established Justice League if they're tying it into the world that they're building... that would require a time skip which could leave MoS audiences confused if it comes directly after it without other buildup. And the "Batman having everyone else's weaknesses on file and getting them stolen" story line is kind of overexposed by now. But I like the villain.

In all, I think WB should just suck it up and do what seems best without worrying about Marvel copying complaints. All of that won't matter if critics enjoy the movie and seats fill. Naysayers can whine all they want if WB is rolling wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of cash in from a well made Justice League movie.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #54
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Well Whedon said he's saving Thanos for the finale so he may not be in Avengers 2. Perfect time to unleash Darkseid.

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #55
Boom
I got nothin'

I don't see the need to rush Darkseid. Thanos and Darkseid aren't exactly carbon copies of one another. They bear some physical similarities, but they can otherwise stand apart as two separate characters.

Last edited by Boom; 04-29-2013 at 07:34 PM.
Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:36 PM   #56
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Robinov.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:43 PM   #57
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
I don't see the need to rush Darkseid. Save for some physical similarities in the comics, Thanos and Darkseid are pretty different from one another.
The thing is that you have some very powerful heroes teamed up here and it should require a very powerful villian. If it is supposedly too much for a team of 7 heroes, then certainly, you don't want to use a team of Villians like the Injustice Gang or the Crime Syndicate.

One of the first super-powered villains that the JL faced in the comics was Despero, who was powered by the flames of Pytar. He would make a formidable foe for the team, but as a villain, he is not as recognizable by audiences as Darkseid. I think that it would be better to use the son of Yuga Khan and the lord of the Omega force since it would also be a good way to spin off a Forth World franchise.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #58
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Perhaps have Darkseid in the first, to beat Marvel to the punch (assuming they do leave him for A3),

but also have him revealed as a villain in a twist in JL3, to utilize him fully (perhaps this time, some of the JL actually have to go to Apokolips & New Genesis in the second half of the movie, after Orion comes to Earth to warn them of an imminent attack).

For JL2, perhaps have The Injustice League?

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-29-2013 at 11:01 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:14 PM   #59
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Batman. He sees all of these heroes, fears they will become consumed with power, tries to take them out.

Ok, not really, just trying something new.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:23 PM   #60
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Save that for the Tower of Babel film adaptation.

LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:25 PM   #61
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

*edit

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 05-30-2013 at 02:33 PM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #62
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I would think the first movie villain would need to be someone with a decent amount of public exposure. Because, just like the heroes, the villain will have an important role in drawing in audience members.

Despero is fairly unknown to the GA and to be honest would probably come off as a stupid villain (both with looks and the 'Flame of Pytar' thing).

Darkseid and Brainiac have that exposure though due to their multiple appearances in other media. Lex has it as well but I've kind of moved away from wanting him to be the main JL villain. Injustice gang could maybe work as side villains to a more major threat, but Lex alone would not go down well.

cleverusername8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:22 AM   #63
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Starro

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:20 AM   #64
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
or, something really out there.......how about they join together to stop a War between Atlantis and Themyscira, perfect way to introduce Wonder Woman and Aquaman, Diana not wanting a war but her mother is pushing for it. A pre-King Aquaman who doesn't want a world that he's a part of but has never known to be destroyed (before he gets to learn of what it means to be who he is or whatever) and of course the other heroes not wanting their respected cities destroyed as casualties or see it as something that could ignite World War 3 or whatever and each go on their own to stop the fight, cant do it alone so they all band together forming the Justice League

Last one is pretty out there......but why not lol, its different
I would love this idea for a Wonder Woman/Aquaman origin movie. It could even be shown that Ares is the reason behind the whole war, eventually forcing Dianna and AC to team up to defeat him.

DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 AM   #65
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DChero View Post
I would love this idea for a Wonder Woman/Aquaman origin movie. It could even be shown that Ares is the reason behind the whole war, eventually forcing Dianna and AC to team up to defeat him.
nice addition that would be cool

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:44 PM   #66
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
nice addition that would be cool
Thank you, sir! This should probably be discussed more in another thread, but I think the introduction of the gods and goddesses are the most difficult addition into a more grounded universe. If it can be pulled off with one movie, that would make Justice League seem a lot more doable.

On to my villain pick, I want Darkseid. I don't like the idea of saving anything for a sequel. Superman Returns is an example of saving too much for a sequel. If we go with the one movie at a time approach that seems to dominate the current DC production teams, then Darkseid will get the nod.

Last edited by DChero; 05-01-2013 at 02:15 PM.
DChero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #67
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i like that more people are on a wondy vs aquaman thing. that's what I've wanted, especially in a jl but instead of ares, it would have brainiac in a jl.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #68
Super Jim
Side-Kick

First of all... HATE, HATE, HATE that they are looking to do the Justice League movie before origins or prequil movies for Wonderwoman, Aquaman, etc...

Anyway...

Seems like the perfect way to make this movie is to use Appelax. Who cares if he/it is just one more alien bad guy. What is perfect about him/it is that this is really 6 separate villains, five "easier" ones that can be defeated by individuals, and then one, the leader, that requires teamwork...

So, start with the following:

- One on Paradise Island that Wonderwoman defeats...
- One under water to be defeated by Aquaman
- One in the U.S. to be defeated by Batman (NO ROBIN!!!!!)
- One somewhere in Europe to be defeated by say Green Lantern
- One in the North Pole or Greenland to be fought by (but not defeated by) Superman. Sups ends up getting whooped since this one is the big baddie and only teamwork can get it done.

As you can see, so Flash and definitely no Martian Manhunter...

Super Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 01:20 PM   #69
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

I want a Legion of Doom headed by Luthor and I want Luthor to definitely be challenged for leadership of that crew. I'd like to see Mark Strong as Sinestro in there since GL 2 is all but dead in the water. Some other villains I'd like to see but are not entirely necessary: Captain Cold, Gorilla Grodd, Cheetah, the Joker, Black Manta, Giganta, and Bizarro.

A damn ****ing good Justice League movie is my dream comic book movie; I want it to be better than Superman: The Movie, I want it to be better than The Dark Knight, I want it to be better than The Avengers. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes for Warner Bros. to get all their ducks in the pond for it to be a success in adapting the World's Greatest Heroes on screen.

Old 05-06-2013, 03:29 PM   #70
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Starro
Thank you!

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #71
MCU
Side-Kick

Braniac seems like the most logical choice. Robot army + Braniac seems like a big enough threat.

I would be happy with this....

Christian Bale-Batman
Henry Cavill-Superman
Emily Blunt-Wonder Woman
Ryan Gosling-Flash
Chris Pine-Green Lantern
Joseph Gordon-Levitt-Nightwing
Liam McIntyre-Aquaman

MCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:51 PM   #72
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I'm still thinking a lesser known villain would be a unique route to take, like Prometheus who ends up being revealed to be a lacky for Desaad.........though that might be too similar to how the Avengers was set up....cause we all know who Desaad works for

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #73
TacomaTruck90
Side-Kick

I feel like they shouldn't try to step up ante and be all comics like marvel with darkseid or who ever id feel like there just trying to knock the Avengers, I'm surprised not a word has been brought up about General Savage , he'd be a perfect for them forming the league and they can keep it dc comic on film realism approach..plus in cartoon and cartoon movie he was pretty bad ass ...I feel like he would be perfect enemy that hold up against superman, batman and company

TacomaTruck90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #74
shauner111
Side-Kick

Trying to knock Avengers? Using Darkseid is just a part of JL and what could make the film better. Thanos is the Darkseid rip-off, not the other way around. And if Thanos is only going to be in Avengers 3 (2018 the earliest) then this is their chance to use Darkseid.

But im open to other villains.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:05 PM   #75
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

I don't care if Thanos comes first. Marvel already got the Avengers out there before the Justice League.