Dollmaker 0 0%
Catwoman 1 0.43%
Other 12 5.22%
Voters: 230. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2013, 05:53 AM   #251
Bruce Malone
Dazed & Confused

Default Re: Next Batman Villain?

I'll be pretty surprised if the penguin isn't one or maybe the main villain for the film in the next series. I believe WB at one time wanted nolan to included the penguin for TDK sequel but he wasn't a fan of the character.

The next director coming will arguably not have nolan's clout to decide things and i'm petty sure we'll see penguin.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 AM   #252
jonathancrane
Hank Pym > Scott Lang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
The Penguin.... and I believe he can hold a movie of his own
True.

And some of the second-to-third tier villains could appear as mucle working for him.

[COLOR="Red"]"Superman gains two new powers in this imagining: Mega-Angst and Hipster Lumberjack Cred. A young Kal-El faces off against General Zod to save Earth, kind of like Christopher Reeve did back in Superman II, but without any of that pesky “fun” that people hate so much in their superhero movies."--Rifftrax
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:21 AM   #253
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

If somebody as old as Tobin Bell played Freeze. ..then they would have to turn Nora Fries into his daughter or something. Because it's unbelievable he would be going out of his way to save an elderly woman a couple more years of life.

But the origin of Freeze has been rebooted anyway. Nora only exists in his mind or something.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
Rodrigo90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #254
The Villain
Side-Kick

I am one of those people who like colourful villains and if Mad Hatter were to appear I would like something on the lines of this.

I think I may be the one who's mad but i think this costume looks fun.

Last edited by The Villain; 04-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:58 PM   #255
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
If somebody as old as Tobin Bell played Freeze. ..then they would have to turn Nora Fries into his daughter or something. Because it's unbelievable he would be going out of his way to save an elderly woman a couple more years of life.

But the origin of Freeze has been rebooted anyway. Nora only exists in his mind or something.

Heh have you seen the Saw movies? this is who plays Jigsaw's wife.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #256
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

How does Bell do it?

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #257
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
After seeing the long but nicely done fan made trailer Resident Evil Batman on youtube I still hope for Mad Hatter.

Daniel Day Lewis as already mentioned seems ideal for MH. Andy Serkis?

I know MH may seem less of a threat when on solo missions but he is a classic character with some good stories from the past.

Maybe Black Mask & Mad Hatter or Penguin for next film but with individual plot?
I really don't like Mad Hatter and hope he's not in the reboot at all unless it's a cameo/nod to the fans.

Penguin, Riddler, Freeze, Strange, Black Mask, Croc, Clayface..these villains should all take priority over Mad Hatter IMO.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:02 PM   #258
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Freeze! FREEZE! I WANT FREEZE!

Freeze pweaze.

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Doc Ock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:26 PM   #259
Rodrigo90
Boy Wonder

I believe in Batfleck

Old 04-18-2013, 05:31 AM   #260
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Patrick Stewart for Mr. Freeze.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:15 AM   #261
TheLongestDay
"FOR ASGARD!!!"

Charles Dance for Mr.Freeze

Old 04-25-2013, 09:09 AM   #262
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Riddler. Paul Bettany comes into mind.

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:41 AM   #263
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

If TDKverse continues, and JGL comes back (and Bale eventually)...

The Dark Knight Beyond: The Riddler (who we perhaps never see) leads Blake into a mob war between Black Mask and Penguin (one of who, as the answer to one of the riddles reveals, is responsible for Blake's fathers death). Blake tries to figure out/justify who, all the while he's supposed to be chasing leads on his mission.

themes include revenge/justice, self-doubt, burden of responsibility (fate vs free will)

The Dark Knight Legacy: Poison Ivy, an eco-terrorist in the guise of a business-woman who infiltrates large organizations, such as those responsible for the nuke in TDKR: Wayne Enterprises. The LOS also arrive at the orphanage/mansion at the end (Lady Shiva and her daughter Cassandra, plus Damian, who infiltrated Wayne Manor at the beginning as an orphan) to kill Batman, who seemingly didn't die in the blast, 15 years prior. At the end, Ivy focuses her attack on those who were truly responsible for the blast, the LOS.

Themes include mistakes, consequence, legacy, forgiveness

The Dark Knight Reborn: The Mad Hatter as the main villain, leading Bruce on an endless 48+ hour sleepless chase/game; a night that gets weirder and weirder as it goes on. Hugo Strange as the revealed true villain/partner, playing psychological mind games/tests on Bruce. Whether the Mad Hatter actually exists is brought into question.

Themes include obsession, regret/guilt, self-forgiveness, letting go, trust

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-28-2013 at 02:41 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 08:30 AM   #264
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Mr. Freeze for sure.
He needs to be saved after what was done to him in Batman and Robin.heh

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #265
Kane52630
Deadcruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astro13Zombie View Post
Mr. Freeze for sure.
He needs to be saved after what was done to him in Batman and Robin.heh
I don't get what you are getting at.

:ArnoldFreeze:

Old 04-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #266
the last son
Side-Kick

After reading court of owls that was one of my favorite batman stories period. it was fantastic. I would not mind going that route.

Old 04-29-2013, 03:36 AM   #267
psylockolussus
X-Men OT Cast Fanboy

1st movie - Mr. Freeze
2nd movie - The Riddler / Poison Ivy
3rd movie - Catwoman / Two Face
4th movie - The Penguin / another villain
5th movie - Joker / Harley Quinn

Batman has so many well-known villains that it makes want to see them all, even if they were already portrayed before in a movie.

Hugh Jackman - Halle Berry - Ian McKellen - Patrick Stewart
Anna Paquin - Shawn Ashmore - Daniel Cudmore - Ellen Page
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:58 AM   #268
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I think a grounded Riddler would be great to kick off a reboot.

Bruce being stumped by a riddle can lead to a flashback of his detective training, his mentor, etc; an aspect of the origin that wasn't touched upon in Batman Begins.

Perhaps set it on the 5 year anniversary of Batman's career, and have several of the riddles relate to his career, giving way to explanations about what has happened in this continuity.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:04 PM   #269
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's not what im interested in seeing FeedOn, but it's probably what they'll do. Riddler is great for marketing as well. I would prefer an Arkham: Origins type of situation at first. Establish Black Mask and Penguin as competitors. You have Penguin who is a huge villain to all audiences and the obscure one, Black Mask, to the GA.

Then lead to a spin on the whole Arkham Asylum concept, for the sequel.

That sounds more interesting to me. Riddler makes sense to zone in on the detective skills and Riddlers good to get people's asses in the seats. He's also due for a reinvention on film. I get it, but im afraid it's going to be way too predictable to me. I really want to see Batman's detective skills AND him going fighting henchmen or assassins in the first movie.

That's why I suggest Black Mask and Penguin. You get fresh & familiar at the same time. Plus im a bigger fan of Penguin than Riddler.

AA as a sequel would be pretty damn cool. They can introduce Dick Grayson somewhere in the story too. But as for Arkham's villains? Riddler, Strange with appearances by Joker/Harley, Croc, Scarecrow, Calendar Man, Ventriloquist, etc.

3rd the beginning of the bat-family. Robin, etc. Maybe a Court of Owls/Night of Owls storyline.

Then the trilogy is over with Bruce as Batman in his prime. Fast forward, launch a Batman Beyond film. Mr. Freeze is the villain up against Terry.

Old 05-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #270
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's my dream scenario for the next villain and how I would map out the reboot. Even if Bale came back for JL and the future solos were delayed...I would still map it out that way.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 AM   #271
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkSpider View Post
I really would love to see Harly Quinn on the big screen.
I agree. She needs to happen. I can't believe that Nolan passed on that opportunity. Anyway I think The riddler and the Joker should be left out of the first film/reboot. I think the penguin would make a better first film villain.

On a side note i would really like them to try and build this next generation of movies with a younger batman that way they can expand past 3 movies. The reason i argue this is because im tired of only getting the villain in one film. They need more screen time and need to be developed more. More films allows for that and it also discourages killing of the villains as well.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #272
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
I agree. She needs to happen. I can't believe that Nolan passed on that opportunity. Anyway I think The riddler and the Joker should be left out of the first film/reboot. I think the penguin would make a better first film villain.

On a side note i would really like them to try and build this next generation of movies with a younger batman that way they can expand past 3 movies. The reason i argue this is because im tired of only getting the villain in one film. They need more screen time and need to be developed more. More films allows for that and it also discourages killing of the villains as well.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #273
TyphoidDan
Side-Kick

I think they need to start planning early for future villains.

For instance, have Simon Hurt as a throwaway character in the first movie so he could potentially be used later.

But as for the first film? Well, for a start - screw an origin story. I'm sick of them and Batman or no Batman will not pay to see a story I already know and have already seen.
But that being said, there is room to incorporate the death of his parents. How? Hugo Strange.

If you recall, Strange once set up mannequins in Wayne Manor and had taped voice telling Bruce that he had let them die and that the worms were eating their flesh. This basically led to Batman having a complete mental breakdown.

Add into that Hugo Strange's creepy makeshift bat-suit and you've got a top tier villain.
As a secondary character, I'd like to see the Mad Hatter finally put onto the screen as a schizoid serial killer in the vein of Scorpio from Dirty Harry. Just have him be this psychotic, asocial man-child who barely conceals his bloodlust and depravity beneath a mask of kookiness.

I think we're ready for far more psychologically horrifying enemies this time around.

TyphoidDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #274
The Villain
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyphoidDan View Post
I think they need to start planning early for future villains.

For instance, have Simon Hurt as a throwaway character in the first movie so he could potentially be used later.

But as for the first film? Well, for a start - screw an origin story. I'm sick of them and Batman or no Batman will not pay to see a story I already know and have already seen.
But that being said, there is room to incorporate the death of his parents. How? Hugo Strange.

If you recall, Strange once set up mannequins in Wayne Manor and had taped voice telling Bruce that he had let them die and that the worms were eating their flesh. This basically led to Batman having a complete mental breakdown.

Add into that Hugo Strange's creepy makeshift bat-suit and you've got a top tier villain.
As a secondary character, I'd like to see the Mad Hatter finally put onto the screen as a schizoid serial killer in the vein of Scorpio from Dirty Harry. Just have him be this psychotic, asocial man-child who barely conceals his bloodlust and depravity beneath a mask of kookiness.

I think we're ready for far more psychologically horrifying enemies this time around.
Have you seen the fan made brilliant trailer called Batman Resident Evil youtube?

Check it out it makes The Mad Hatter look (not actually him but footage of Daniel Day Lewis from Gangs Of New York) totally wacko but in a modern style twist.

Your idea for Hatter may work although I would hope to see his techno genius mind be focused on as well.

Hugo Strange, Mad Hatter, Penguin or Black Mask next.

Last edited by The Villain; 05-09-2013 at 01:16 PM.
The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #275
VM1138
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
It's not what im interested in seeing FeedOn, but it's probably what they'll do. Riddler is great for marketing as well. I would prefer an Arkham: Origins type of situation at first. Establish Black Mask and Penguin as competitors. You have Penguin who is a huge villain to all audiences and the obscure one, Black Mask, to the GA.
I like the idea of two villains competing against each other, and Batman and Gotham caught in the middle. Has it been done before in comic movies? I like the idea of avoiding the team-up plot and striking a little chaos into the film.

VM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote