The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Which Female Character Should Get a Solo Outting?
Ms Marvel 59 65.56%
Spider-Woman 19 21.11%
Tigra 4 4.44%
Black Widow 31 34.44%
She-Hulk 20 22.22%
Thundra 2 2.22%
Scarlet Witch 10 11.11%
Other 18 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2013, 04:06 AM   #76
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Default Re: Marvel Looking into Female Characters

why not a firestar movie ?sure she was originally a made for tv alter nate for the human torch but she might be able to hold a movie

Old 05-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #77
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't think she'd work as a stand-alone character. She's not even that well known in the MCU. I think Ms.Marvel could do it. The problem is, not even the comic book universe has many strong female characters. It's a real issue and needs to be fixed.
Ms/Captain Marvel is a perfect example of how she should be done. They've un-sexualised her, given her her own story-arc and made her work as a stand-alone character. This is great, but it needs to be done for more characters.

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #78
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Firestar is supposed to be a mutant tied to X-Men lore. Still, her character is still open to many new developments without being tied to them or to the New Warriors.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #79
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Since She-Hulk is the third most voted character if they did a She-Hulk movie how do you think they'd do it?

Old 05-06-2013, 04:22 PM   #80
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Mask View Post
Firestar is supposed to be a mutant tied to X-Men lore. Still, her character is still open to many new developments without being tied to them or to the New Warriors.
But I bet the first thing anyone thinks of when you say "Firestar" is Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:45 PM   #81
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
The thing about Captain Marvel is she needs a good supporting cast. I mean who do you have really?
You're off to a good start. The cast I'd have:
  • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel II - Our dark horse star, knows how to be a by the book her, her new relationship forces her to break that mold
  • Mar-Vell/Captain Marvel I - Love Interest, classic alien hero, but deconstructed, since he's dying.
  • Michael "Ace" Rossi - Danvers' old flying buddy, Mar-Vell's rival love interest, rogueish in a bad way
  • Nick Fury or Hawkeye or Black Widow or Maria Hill or Falcon or Coulson- SHIELD personnel, MCU expository through line. May also be rival/obstructive at some point.
  • Ronan The Accuser - Either the main villain or the cliffhanger villain.
  • Yon-Rogg - Mar-Vell's professional rival who most viciously reacts to Mar-Vell's betrayal.
  • Sentry 459 - Technically a character, albeit, not one with an actor per se

She doesn't have a 'homegirl' character but Widow or Maria Hill could technically play that kind of role for her, and perhaps they should. You could bring in Abigail Brand for that purpose too if you like, that might be interesting.

Last edited by DrCosmic; 05-06-2013 at 10:49 PM.
DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:20 PM   #82
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
Since She-Hulk is the third most voted character if they did a She-Hulk movie how do you think they'd do it?
They need a female equivalent of RDJ to pull off her humour and personality. Someone who can do comedy and quick fire speech. I'd say get someone from a comedy like they did with Chris Pratt.

As for how to bring She Hulk to life, don't use motion capture or she'll be a CGI character. It's more important she seem like a real person compared to Hulk who is more of a monster. Use Movie Reshape technology instead.

Old 05-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #83
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
They need a female equivalent of RDJ to pull off her humour and personality. Someone who can do comedy and quick fire speech. I'd say get someone from a comedy like they did with Chris Pratt.
Too bad Emma Stone is already playing Gwen Stacy, she'd be perfect.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 AM   #84
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
But I bet the first thing anyone thinks of when you say "Firestar" is Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends.
Yeah, yeah.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:49 AM   #85
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
Too bad Emma Stone is already playing Gwen Stacy, she'd be perfect.
I'd prefer someone older for Jennifer Walters. Younger actresses don't convey a very mature sense of humor.

even with bare hands.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:07 AM   #86
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
I'd prefer someone older for Jennifer Walters. Younger actresses don't convey a very mature sense of humor.
How old would you have her?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #87
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I don't really see why a Captain Marvel movie has to have a love interest .

Hawkingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #88
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
I don't really see why a Captain Marvel movie has to have a love interest .
To draw in the romantics. People associate adventure films with some romance.

even with bare hands.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:56 AM   #89
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by blalex620 View Post
How old would you have her?
Mid-thirties. If they have her as an assistant D.A. then that's a believable age. If she is to be Bruce Banner's cousin, then she should be closer to his age because they were childhood friends.

even with bare hands.

Old 05-07-2013, 04:55 AM   #90
Silvermoth
Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
You're off to a good start. The cast I'd have:
  • Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel II - Our dark horse star, knows how to be a by the book her, her new relationship forces her to break that mold
  • Mar-Vell/Captain Marvel I - Love Interest, classic alien hero, but deconstructed, since he's dying.
  • Michael "Ace" Rossi - Danvers' old flying buddy, Mar-Vell's rival love interest, rogueish in a bad way
  • Nick Fury or Hawkeye or Black Widow or Maria Hill or Falcon or Coulson- SHIELD personnel, MCU expository through line. May also be rival/obstructive at some point.
  • Ronan The Accuser - Either the main villain or the cliffhanger villain.
  • Yon-Rogg - Mar-Vell's professional rival who most viciously reacts to Mar-Vell's betrayal.
  • Sentry 459 - Technically a character, albeit, not one with an actor per se

She doesn't have a 'homegirl' character but Widow or Maria Hill could technically play that kind of role for her, and perhaps they should. You could bring in Abigail Brand for that purpose too if you like, that might be interesting.
Fascinating. Do you have some sort of idea about which cast you would choose? I think I can think of a few good Ms Marvels, it's just Mar-vell I get stuck on (and the director)

Quote:
I agree. I tend to think of female Avengers as being a bit older and more experienced than the whelp on the street sort of thing. They're not the kind of woman who wander around all angsty. They know what they want, they're good at what they do and they just go for it.

She Hulk is such a great role for someone I think. Half Wonder Woman, Half Bridget Jones and a dash of Ally McBeal. As soon as more of the female demographic know about her she'll be mainstream and a superstar so fast Marvel's heads will spin!

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Silvermoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #91
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I don't want someone too old for Jennifer Walters. Definitely not someone like Angie Harmon. If they were going to go for someone in their mid thirties, I'd prefer a young-looking one. In the first and maybe second season of Ally McBeal, Calista Flockhart (before she got too thin) did have the look of comic Jennifer and the kind of humour required. She was also fast talking too and had her share of verbal sparring with Robert Downey Jr in season 4 I think it was when he was part of the main cast.

Today though, I don't know exactly who. I'm half thinking someone like Alison Brie, but sometimes her voice is a little annoying and some of her mannerisms too. However, she is 30 and can do both serious and comedy. I think she fits into a Chris Pratt mould. Not saying it has to be her at all, because ideally I'd prefer someone else. But someone like her rather than a standard tough chick (ie definitely not someone like Gina Carano).

And here is the Movie Reshape technology they should use:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Of course the actress still needs to be fit and in shape, but Movie Reshape can make her taller, more muscular etc and enhance all of her features while still looking natural, and most importantly of all, still using the actress without the need for motion capture.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #92
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Definitely, definitely I could get on board with a She-Hulk movie even though I've never taken much to the character. I think whichever character Marvel makes a movie for will be great. I may be in the minority but as much as I love Scarlett Johansson, I'd rather see someone new get a solo movie.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:05 AM   #93
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
She-Hulk was breaking the 4th wall before D'Pool. I don't think her humor is supposed to be "mature".

Old 05-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #94
darthcoolness3
Side-Kick

What about White Tiger

darthcoolness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #95
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

good choice

Old 05-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #96
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor View Post
She-Hulk was breaking the 4th wall before D'Pool. I don't think her humor is supposed to be "mature".
She-Hulk doesn't make juvenile jokes. She's witty, sometimes sardonic, and charming. Da Pool is juvenile.

even with bare hands.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:06 PM   #97
Mondragon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcoolness3 View Post
What about White Tiger
I'd love to see her acually spun out of a Sons of the Tiger flick- http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=376273
The last scene the Sons(including Hector Ayala) ditch the four amulets. Post credits ...enter Ava Ayala who now picks them up.

Although I prefer Angela Del Toro's look-

Last edited by Mondragon; 05-08-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Mondragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #98
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
Fascinating. Do you have some sort of idea about which cast you would choose? I think I can think of a few good Ms Marvels, it's just Mar-vell I get stuck on (and the director)
Sometimes I do. Right now:
Director: Roland Emmerich (White House Down, Independence Day, 2012)
Carol Danvers: Charlize Theron or Emily Blunt
Mar-Vell: Matt Damon, you want someone big to make the deconstruction sing, like Pitt in MegaMind
Michael "Ace" Rossi - Sam Worthington
Abigail Brand: Amy Acker
Nick Fury: Samuel L. Jackson
Maria Hill: Cobie Smulders
Yon-Rogg: Phillip Seymour Hoffman
Ronan the Accuser: Kevin Grievoux
Sentry 459: (voice) Dee Bradley Baker

DrCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:38 AM   #99
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think Echo has potential if you re-introduced her into the comics:

Old 05-08-2013, 03:03 AM   #100
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I forgot about Angela too. Don't know much about her other than she's originally a Spawn character but is now being put into the Marvel Universe as a major character at the end of Age of Ultron. She looks cool lol.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg url.jpg (150.5 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by blalex620; 05-08-2013 at 03:06 AM.
blalex620 is offline   Reply With Quote