The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > Future Batman Movies

Old 03-27-2013, 02:44 PM   #776
Harrier
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ideas for the new costume in the Batman reboot

I posted these in another thread but in regards to the emblem, I think these demonstrate well that a god black one looks better than the traditional yellow one.

Injustice Batsuit

New 52 Batsuit

Arkham City Batsuit

Harrier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:26 PM   #777
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

I'm a sucker for comic bonus suits, so I'll take the New 52. Arkham is kind of weird to me because I already have Arkham City. As for the reboot costume, again, I'll take New 52.

spidermanJLA!~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:31 PM   #778
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Hey, what about something similar to this: http://www.badhaven.com/special-feat...e-dark-knight/. I would probably change the gauntlets to the batman begins gauntlets and probably alter the cowl a little.

MarvelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:58 AM   #779
Gort Baringa
Side-Kick

MarvelFan, I quite like that! And I agree with you about the gauntlets. I like the appearance of the cape when he holds it over his chest - material joined in segments, and looks like an actual bat in tecture.

Gort Baringa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:53 PM   #780
Hobo_Samurai

Default Re: How the Next Batman Reboot is Driven by the Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Well it starts with movie's having a fundamental misunderstanding of the word "bullet proof" and evoking images of Superman with bullets harmlessly bouncing off his chest.

In reality bulletproof vests (et. all) do no such thing. Bullets carry velocity, and the kevlar in the vest slows down that velocity, but it's still going to transfer some to the object, i.e. the person wearing said armor. So there's still a high potential for broken bones, bruising, scarring and even penetration, however it vastly decreases the odds of mortality. So Batman just walking around like normal after being shot is not very realistic at all. That's more what I was getting at.

So in the end spandex, armor, stuff like what we've seen already is all really about the same degree of unreality when you get down to it.
Batman isnt a normal human based on the comics. I read on a DC wikia article that he achieved full-body control by 18. If Batman, a human that has a naturally enhanced physiology that is above that of olympic athletes and full body control due to training with elite masters all over the world, don't you think that he would be able to walk away from the impact of a bullet? We're talking about the original Batman, not Nolan's incredibly mortal Batman. Considering a movie adaptation that involves Supes and Bats teaming up in the future, wouldn't it be better to give Batman a major advantage against a regular person? It wouldn't make sense for Superman to do most of the work and have a Batman that gets considerably weak in the middle of a life/death situation. Remember what I said about full-body control? Batman's physical capacity should allow him to temporarily absorb the blunt impact of a bullet to a kevlar vest until after the situation/fight has dissipated or been resolved. When you factor in adrenaline, Batman should be able to survive a bullet (armor or not) for at least most of the day due to "full-body control". It shouldn't just be the suit doing all the work. Especially if nobody wants a movie Batman with thick armor. That's just my opinion but I definitely understand what you mean. No human (even batman) doesn't just walk away unscathed from a direct gunshot.

Hobo_Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #781
Hobo_Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbnGA8uu8T0

This is how Batman's suit should have been long ago. Nite Owl's suit still looks protective....and it must be. Becuz he's taking a whuppin' from Oz and still movin'. He's doing moves in that fight scene that none of the Batman movies have ever done....not stiff....very fluid.

And this jailbreak scene:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wAhrTwaHjg
YES!!!! That's what I've been wondering! Why is TDK trilogy so stiff in the fight choreography? But then I realized that they wanted to keep the fighting "realistic"...SMH

Hobo_Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #782
thorstone
Side-Kick

The new suit for Robin Blake's Batman should be skin-tight like Spider-Man's, but it needs to stay black.

thorstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #783
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post

The new suit for Robin Blake's Batman should be skin-tight like Spider-Man's, but it needs to stay black.
Nope

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #784
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

I doubt there gonna use Robin Blake as Batman. Either they'll totally restart the story with Bruce, or have Robin Blake as another hero. Because in the Dark Knight, Bruce, after the confrontation of Scarcrow and Batman impersonators, he says "This is not what I meant when I said I want to inspire people." This means he doesn't want people copying his identity as Batman. In the Dark Knight Rises, he tells Robin "If you're going to work alone, wear a mask. To protect the people you care about." Meaning he wants him to wear HIS OWN mask, to create his own identity. Everyone already knows the Batman and Bruce Wayne are one and the same. If Robin took the mantle of Batman, his enemies would go after the people recently affiliated with Batman or Bruce, because they already know who the Batman is. BUT (yes, there's always a but), if they did make Robin Blake Batman, I would LOVE to see this suit: http://kinjamin.deviantart.com/art/T...tman-328461124.

Last edited by MarvelFan; 05-04-2013 at 11:43 PM.
Old 05-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #785
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I'd like to see this in live action, mineus the trunks.

Old 05-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #786
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Yeah, I really like Batman: Year One. Especially the suit.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #787
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
I think that they should do it for the the sake of being faithful to the comics. If he's already established there is no need to explain why since there is no origin. I think that if you can't sit down and watch the movie without thinking "Why is he in gray?!!!!" then that's just over analyzing. (Not that anyone said that)
Another cool pic:
Wow, this (to me) would be perfect. Less technological-looking than TDK's, more animalistic, yet practical. A redesign of Batman's original look, for sure, but it still comes off as oddly faithful and completely familiar -- it screams Batman. Imagine the iconic imagery we could see with this look. I love the way the cape appears to be sliced. It's not completely symmetrical and his suit looks rugged.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #788
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorstone View Post
The new suit for Robin Blake's Batman

Old 05-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #789
BoogerMc

I think this more than proves and disproves various arguments about the batsuit, how it would look on film, and rather or not certain ideas are possible. Personally, I would give these guys the big bucks and say have at it, make a batman movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZVp9NFhQE

However, as a Batman fan, I have been progressively working on various incarnation of my own personal suit over the years. My most recent is this one.

For more information and how I made the suit, go here.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f41/batsuit-59388/

You'll have to look past the issues my weight creates, but this suit incorporates some of the ideas discussed in this thread, it is entirely cloth, but given and armored appearance (although I am not completely happy with various portions of it). It uses a cloth cape that has a leathery/felt appearance, and stays true to the time honored Batman, but is all black. I am eventually going to give this another shot, making adjustments here and there to improve the final product, but until then, this is it.

Last edited by BoogerMc; 05-07-2013 at 03:28 AM.
BoogerMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #790
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

I definitely want the bulk of the Batsuit to be grey this time. I'm bored of all black. I also want to be able to see the bat symbol. It was really obscured on the Nolan suit. I'd like for them to go to a simpler and more aesthetic design more like the Burton suit instead of all these armoured pieces which made Bale's suit far too busy.

I'd like something like the Arkham suit.

Old 05-07-2013, 01:32 PM   #791
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogerMc View Post
However, as a Batman fan, I have been progressively working on various incarnation of my own personal suit over the years. My most recent is this one.

For more information and how I made the suit, go here.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f41/batsuit-59388/

You'll have to look past the issues my weight creates, but this suit incorporates some of the ideas discussed in this thread, it is entirely cloth, but given and armored appearance (although I am not completely happy with various portions of it). It uses a cloth cape that has a leathery/felt appearance, and stays true to the time honored Batman, but is all black. I am eventually going to give this another shot, making adjustments here and there to improve the final product, but until then, this is it.
I would like to see this suit taken with a better camera and on a suitably-built mannequin. For all the work you've put into it, you're not giving it the best presentation. It looks pretty good from what I can see and I encourage you to keep going.

JAK® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:54 PM   #792
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoogerMc View Post
I think this more than proves and disproves various arguments about the batsuit, how it would look on film, and rather or not certain ideas are possible. Personally, I would give these guys the big bucks and say have at it, make a batman movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOZVp9NFhQE
For some reason, it reminds me of Year One Suit. But it still needs some kind of armor under it.

Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #793
BoogerMc

Yes, the camera doesn't do it justice, but at the same time there are two different types of material used on the main pieces, one is shiny and one is dull. I would have liked to have done it with the dull one, but ran out of material and can't find it anymore.

As for the mannequin, I work with what I have, if you know what I mean. This whole thing started because I make tactical gear for airsoft players. I have been trying to develop a Juggernaut style body armor and this was the first phase of that idea. The second phase can be found here.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/forums/f96/b-b-wars-project-juggernaut-65982/

I am still working on the Juggy suit, but it is an on again/off again type of project.

When I wear the costume, I wear a body suit under the armor pieces, to complete the look, but the body suit is not pictured on the mannequin. The pieces displayed on the mannequin are the armor, in case I didn't make that very clear.

Marvel, it reminds me more of the Kingdom Come suit; in fact, the actor even kind of looks like the Batman/Bruce Wayne pictured in that series. There is a group on You Tube called Bat in the Sun that creates these fan made movies, they do an excellent job and capture the essence of the characters perfectly. Here are a few of their films.

http://www.youtube.com/user/batinthesun

Last edited by BoogerMc; 05-08-2013 at 12:20 AM.
BoogerMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:07 AM   #794
MarvelFan
Side-Kick

I love Bat in the Sun Productions. My favorite film is Batman: Seeds of Arkham. I hope they do they do the next Superpower Beatdown!

Old 05-10-2013, 05:40 AM   #795
TheLongestDay
"FOR ASGARD!!!"

Batmans Alt Costume from INJUSTICE is awesome IMO (maybe trim it down a bit though)

Old 06-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #796
Daybreak_st
Old-School Comic Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidermanJLA!~ View Post
I think that they should do it for the the sake of being faithful to the comics. If he's already established there is no need to explain why since there is no origin. I think that if you can't sit down and watch the movie without thinking "Why is he in gray?!!!!" then that's just over analyzing. (Not that anyone said that)
Another cool pic:
That right there my friend is Perfection! I think if we can suspend belief on every other non-impervious superhero, that they don't need to walk around in a fully armored costumes then we can do the same with Batman. Plus if they have a more scifi spin on it this time around (more like Marvel films) then they can always say the material is bulletproof etc. It doesn't have to look like armor to work. The pic above to me is equivalent to how they handled Captain America in First Avenger. A proper adaptation that is very respectful of the costume but that make is feel more tactical and practical...see what I did there

Get a personalized comic book:
http://www.etsy.com/listing/82753148...c-book-4-pages

Daybreak_st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #797
Shazam
Side-Kick

Arkham City Batsuit
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphot...76722483_n.jpg

This is perfect!! It looks closer to the comics....it looks flexible.....it looks protective without being bulky like all the rubber suits since Tim Burton.

As MOS turned away from the Donner costume, I how the new Batman turns away from the black rubber.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:46 PM   #798
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I posted these in another thread but in regards to the emblem, I think these demonstrate well that a god black one looks better than the traditional yellow one.

Injustice Batsuit

New 52 Batsuit

Arkham City Batsuit
The last one!! That's it!!!

This is perfect!! It looks closer to the comics....it looks flexible.....it looks protective without being bulky like all the rubber suits since Tim Burton.

As MOS turned away from the Donner costume, I how the new Batman turns away from the black rubber.

Shazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #799
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

A good number of fans (including myself) apparently agree with you. Something close to that would be great in a film. About the only negative I've seen is everyone says they should tone down the boots and gauntlets (too bulky) which I agree with.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:57 AM   #800
ThDWgeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
A good number of fans (including myself) apparently agree with you. Something close to that would be great in a film. About the only negative I've seen is everyone says they should tone down the boots and gauntlets (too bulky) which I agree with.
Personally, I think the bulky gauntlets look good. If he's got to block swords, knives or strong punches, he's gonna want as much protection on his forearms as possible. But yeah, the boots could be slimmed down a bit.