The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-06-2013, 11:12 PM   #51
Parker Wayne
IT Boy!

Default Re: Is it possible? (MAJOR spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Or, IM3 had no balls. IM3 was not ballsy enough to do alien rings. You're right. They were setup nearly-perfectly from an alien invasion in The Avengers. Show us something on screen we'd never witnessed before. Yet they decided to take the safe route with a patsy-Mandarin and a superpowered scientist.

Hell I didnt even want alien rings and that sounds more thrilling than what we got.
You couldn't be any more wrong.

Killian is the Mandarin. You can cry all you want about he isn't but is the Mandarin. Deal with it.

Parker Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:34 AM   #52
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosfeRomas View Post
Killian is the Mandarin in the contex of the film. He is the mastermind behind the attacks, he is the one who wants to bring Tony down to his knees. He IS the Mandarin. I don't like it that much either mainly because its TOO far from the comics and Ben Kingsley actually looked good as the "Mandarin" with the rings and all.

The Avengers was a great opportunity to do the Mandarin properly, an Alien ship came to earth they could drop a vessel that had the 10 rings in them so instead of Makluan make them Chitauri or Thanos related. BUT !! like it or not Iron Man 3 HAD BALLS !!!

PS : Why don't people treat the movies as Elseworld stories ? It still follows the source material but also takes artistic liberties.
Iron Man 3 certainly did NOT have balls. Quite the opposite, they took wussy way out.

As to the OP question,
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
yes I guess he could have, and really should have, survived the second explosion. I guess that's just shoddy writing. But, NO, I do not want Killian to come back. I would be much happier if they gave us a "true" Mandarin.
And if anybody, I'd much rather see Stane, Vanko, or Hammer come back.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #53
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

IM3 had te balls to do something different and even made it pay off. It's really just some of the die hard fanboys that refuse to acknowledge change that won't give the film any recognition.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:09 AM   #54
bell110
Drunk on Capitol Hill

They only did something different because they didn't have the balls to upset China. That's why I said they took the wussy way out.

bell110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #55
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

You keep telling yourself that. lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #56
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
They only did something different because they didn't have the balls to upset China. That's why I said they took the wussy way out.
Upset China ? Are you kidding me ? Tensions between Countries or not you do not start a nuclear War because of a movie where the Bad guy is Asian (Asian-English actually)(thank Odin Thatcher died because she would go "Ex-wife" on America's ass)

Having the Mandarin properly as THE MANDARIN, Iron Man's arch nemesis was expected because of the trailers and the hints we were getting for 6 months now. What pumped me was the Cap shield tattoo with Anarachy's A on the back of Ben Kingsley's head. Advertising a product this way and have it come out the other is the most ballsy thing a Filmmaker can do in a mainstream movie ESPECIALLY when that movie is comic book related with millions of angry fans ready to strangle you if you **** up.

Rings+Thanos+Avengers+Chitauri+Mandarin was there, anybody with above avarage IQ and a basic knowledge on Iron Man comics could see that coming but who could see Trevor coming ? NO ONE ! Whoever claims he show the twist before the movie is a liar and i challenge him to a Yugioh duel.

NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #57
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell110 View Post
I'm sorry, but no. They obviously wanted to upset China. Why else throw in drink commercials in mid-movie only in their version? Clearly Marvel does, in fact, have these balls you speak of.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote