Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #51
Silvermoth
Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Because he wasn't in The Avengers, Thor had less screentime than Banner and Black Widow.

More screentime doesn't mean better or more important characters. Thor is the sort of character that I think can be done with a little more than a lot like Wolverine and The Joker.

If you have Wolverine there all the time, constantly talking, everyone gets sick of him. It's when he just snarls something anti social or gives someone the chills, that's when he's at his best. Thor is similar.

Can't wait for X-men: apocalypse!!
Old 05-07-2013, 11:54 AM   #52
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
More screentime doesn't mean better or more important characters. Thor is the sort of character that I think can be done with a little more than a lot like Wolverine and The Joker.

If you have Wolverine there all the time, constantly talking, everyone gets sick of him. It's when he just snarls something anti social or gives someone the chills, that's when he's at his best. Thor is similar.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #53
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post

I don't think Thor in Avengers is like that. That might work for Hulk or anti-heros in general. Thor's a straighter hero and 2nd only to Cap in nobility on this team. Now that the Avengers intro is out the way and the next threat is not personal to him I'd rather he had more screentime and was a part of the core leaving others to take the wild card role.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #54
childeroland
Side-Kick

Trouble Between Marvel and Cast for Avengers 2 Negotiations

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother

Old 05-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #55
Octoberist
point blank

That piece is super fascinating and I urge people to read it.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:28 PM   #56
Rock Sexton
Banned User

I was curious when this issue would start to rear it's head. It was inevitable given the performance of The Avengers.

It's also why I scoff at the idea of extending the roster for a single film.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #57
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post

Yeah Thor was a bit reserved in TA, hopefully Whedon allows him to flex his powers more in the sequel.
Indeed, but not only that but I felt like he wasnít really given much to do during the high points of the battle. I mean sure, he shot lightning from that tower but they didnít really put much emphasis on it afterwards, despite the fact that the attack was meant to clog up the arriving Chitauri. I felt like we should have seen him save some civilians directly during the battle, like catching a train or even a building from falling/collapsing with people inside it, or at least better utilize his flying abilities.

Old 05-07-2013, 06:58 PM   #58
Panther X
Side-Kick

From The Hollywood Reporter:

Sources close to the deal making say Downey has entered negotiations to reprise his role in Marvelís The Avengers 2 and The Avengers 3, the first of which has a May 1, 2015, release date and will cap what is known as Phase 2 of the Marvel movies in the same way 2012ís Avengers culminated the first Marvel wave that began with 2008ís Iron Man. Avengers 3 has no release date and probably will not hit screens at least until the end of Phase 3, in 2017. But sources say Iron Man 4 has not been part of the discussions, and itís unclear whether Downey, 48, wants to return for another stand-alone sequel.

Source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...ney-jrs-518837

Old 05-07-2013, 07:21 PM   #59
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Of course the rest of the cast doesn't deserve as much as RDJ but I think it's wrong for Marvel to low ball them as much as they want to. Marvel have always been cheapskates though so I'm not shocked.

It's cool that RDJ seems to be standing by the cast.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 05-07-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #60
Endeavor
Que bolŠ con el timbeque?

I think it's logical that Marvel has been stingy until now. They're still a newcomer as far as studios go... But now that they've had success and have brought in big $$$ on several movies, it's time to pay.

Old 05-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #61
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Break out that Disney money.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:07 PM   #62
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Break out that Disney money.
This is probably going to end up what keeps this cast together. I understand it from both Marvel and the cast's POV. Marvel has to keep costs down so they can continue making movies like this and fund the individual ones as well. The cast wants to be compensated at a fair rate, given the amount of money the movies make and how little they got the first time around. I really hope they can find a good price point so they keep making movies like TA and also the individual ones while keeping the actors happy enough that it doesn't feel like a burden for them.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #63
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
Think for instance of the Tesseract:

-while not shown, we see its use in Thor when Odin transports his army to Jotunheim.
-In Captain America, we see it being used as an energy/weapon source, in addition to enabling transportation (relocating the Red Skull.)
-In IM2, Tony figures out how to successfully harness the energy from his father's materials.
Re:Thor...what makes you think it was the Tesseract and not the Bifrost that transported them?

Re:Iron Man 2...I've only seen it once, but you think the "new element" he discovers is connected to the Tesseract? What are you basing that on?

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #64
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
I don't think Thor in Avengers is like that. That might work for Hulk or anti-heros in general. Thor's a straighter hero and 2nd only to Cap in nobility on this team. Now that the Avengers intro is out the way and the next threat is not personal to him I'd rather he had more screentime and was a part of the core leaving others to take the wild card role.
Seems to me that a personal threat is when he would get the most screentime...

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #65
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post
Re:Thor...what makes you think it was the Tesseract and not the Bifrost that transported them?

Re:Iron Man 2...I've only seen it once, but you think the "new element" he discovers is connected to the Tesseract? What are you basing that on?
I think some have speculated that because when he's flipping through his father's notebook trying to figure out what he's supposed to be looking for there's a diagram of the Tesseract on one page (he doesn't linger on the page or anything, but it's there).

~Agents of SHIELD
Old 05-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #66
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSP View Post

I'd say based on the fact that a cube-like drawing was in Howard Stark's notebook that Tony was looking at while trying to solve the arc reactor's core element problem.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #67
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Also, remember that the Tesseract was an object that took up a great deal of study for Howard Stark. It is unlikely that he designed an element of perpetual energy separate from the element of perpetual energy that he was studying so intently for so long.

I hope Thor gets a chance to cut loose as well. "I would have words with thee..." is a much desired phrase.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #68
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Oo that's not good though I understand where both sides are coming from. Hopefully they work it out. If Thor isn't in Avengers 2 then I personally won't see it. He's my favorite

Old 05-07-2013, 09:46 PM   #69
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Mo' money more problems.

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #70
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Johansson as Black Widow is completely expendable. We don't need to see her in Avengers 2 really.

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #71
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought Evans and Hemsworth were already signed on for a 6 picture deal, so why would their appearance in future films be in jeopardy?

Old 05-07-2013, 09:59 PM   #72
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Thor's a big deal now and The Avengers made tons of money. Dudes want to get paid.

Honestly here is my thing. These guys signed contracts, they should honor them.

Here is what I don't like about the Deadline article, they are practically scoffing at like back end deals, box office gross points, percentages, etc. Like that's some sort of crime?

Oh poor Chris Hemsworth has to eat ****ing egg whites and train like a madman? I mean really?

- CM Punk
Old 05-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #73
Olan
Side-Kick

Not worried about the contract dispute it will be settled for AVENGERS 2. After that anyone plays hardball they will have the new characters/cheaper actors (Falcon, Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch, Ant-Man) they can slide into the AVENGERS and keep the franchise going.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #74
Olan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Johansson as Black Widow is completely expendable. We don't need to see her in Avengers 2 really.
Shush your mouth.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:16 PM   #75
Merlo
Banned User

I'm disgusted with the cast, if what they will get paid is enough and if what they want is more than enough than frick them.

Last edited by Merlo; 05-07-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Closed Thread