Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-30-2013, 05:24 PM   #526
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Default Re: "You ready for another Bout?"- The Thor/Chris Hemsworth Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
That video is just.....just........

Although I knew the photos already seeing this in a small clip is just mindblowing. Thanks for posting!
Aye, "blowing" ...varily *cough cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
While I do adore looking at his fine well sculpted body...... *cough* At the same time the video actually makes me a bit......... uncomfortable. The pictures don't bother me as much, but the actual video feels just....wrong/invasion of space

Dilemma's of a fangirl
TBH, I didn't even notice that vid... The photos were distracting me enough heh.

Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #527
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

aaannnd the fangirls have taken over another thread :P

Old 04-30-2013, 06:14 PM   #528
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
you could always throw more shoes at us

Seriously though, I'm sure we'll simmer down............eventually.

I wish I could come up with a topic starter for discussion but...given the week I've had already (and we're only on Tuesday, SHEESH!!) my brain is drawing a blank. Sorry

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #529
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I love the fan girls, but I find it funny when some people hijack other threads saying that all the guys talk about with the women is how hot they are and how they're only love interests when we really don't but then they just totally discount the 3 or 4 threads where topics like these last pages and pages lol... but like I said.. love the fan girls

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #530
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I love the fan girls, but I find it funny when some people hijack other threads saying that all the guys talk about with the women is how hot they are and how they're only love interests when we really don't but then they just totally discount the 3 or 4 threads where topics like these last pages and pages lol... but like I said.. love the fan girls
lol don't do this, I need an ALLY!

Old 04-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #531
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
lol. So predictable, aye?

I'm a user here for a while, but I rarely came for posting much. This is the third day now and I am replying to ANY post in the Thor section. So, count me in from now on

Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #532
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
lol don't do this, I need an ALLY!
I dunno man I got the Hiddleston - Loki hair going on right now.. the fan girls probably love me

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #533
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
I dunno man I got the Hiddleston - Loki hair going on right now.. the fan girls probably love me
You also need a comb for your hair? He was stuck in a cell, what is your excuse?

Old 05-01-2013, 02:23 AM   #534
Bren
Forevernoob

I've got Thor hair (almost) and beard. But until he shrinks in height, expands in waistline and loses a chunk of good looks, the similarities end there.

Bren is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:26 AM   #535
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_Sif View Post
You also need a comb for your hair? He was stuck in a cell, what is your excuse?
haha I have very long curly hair, so not essentially Loki hair, I'll try and link my fb profile pic here.

like I said, very curly haha. After a shower before the curls get tight I totally got Loki jail cell hair going on lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (12.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by mkilban2; 05-01-2013 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 AM   #536
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren View Post
I've got Thor hair (almost) and beard. But until he shrinks in height, expands in waistline and loses a chunk of good looks, the similarities end there.
The same for me and Natalie Portman. Except for the beard part.

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 AM   #537
Lady Marion
Anyone else?

Quote:
Poor jaqua

C'mon, we Chris fangirls were quite low-key so far. You can't give us a man like Chris and don't allow any drooling about him.

And for the girls here:

Marvel Cinematic Universe: Phase 2

IRON MAN 3 / THOR – THE DARK WORLD / CAPTAIN AMERICA – THE WINTER SOLDIER / GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY/ AVENGERS – AGE OF ULTRON
Lady Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:17 AM   #538
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
haha I have very long curly hair, so not essentially Loki hair, I'll try and link my fb profile pic here.

like I said, very curly haha. After a shower before the curls get tight I totally got Loki jail cell hair going on lol
Awww.... that looks nice. You have the Loki smile though

Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #539
Godzilla2000
A Healthy Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
you could always throw more shoes at us.
Is jaqua possessed by the ghost of Imelda Marcos? I know I'm dating myself a little here but for you youngsters she was the wife of a former Philipine dictator and infamously known for her huge shoe collection.

- It's not your exterior that should be the litmus test of your value but what's inside your heart.

"One loyal friend is worth 10 thousand relatives." - Euripides
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #540
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marion View Post
Poor jaqua

C'mon, we Chris fangirls were quite low-key so far. You can't give us a man like Chris and don't allow any drooling about him.

And for the girls here:

I need a cleaning crew! My drool is all over this place now lol.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #541
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Assuming if the recent news reports are true, I can't believe that there was possibly so much tension going on behind-the-scenes regarding Chris's salary for his upcoming portrayal as Thor in this film. I really hope that MS don't end up losing him within the near future because I just can't see anyone playing Thor and pulling it off like Chris has done in a long awhile. They need to keep Chris on board for two more avengers films and at least one more Thor film.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #542
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Assuming if the recent news reports are true, I can't believe that there was possibly so much tension going on behind-the-scenes regarding Chris's salary for his upcoming portrayal as Thor in this film. I really hope that MS don't end up losing him within the near future because I just can't see anyone playing Thor and pulling it off like Chris has done in a long awhile. They need to keep Chris on board for two more avengers films and at least one more Thor film.
If he did walk, that guy Liam Mcinyre from Spartacus would be someone I'd like to see brought in.

Pray though it never comes to that. Hemsworth's prior efforts to not only portray Thor acting-wise, but also physically is deserving of some good gesture on Marvel's part. The regimen he had to put himself through it not for the faint of heart. To be honest, from the teaser trailer he was looking a little bit leaner than normal and I think the article alluded to the fact that with all that stuff going on behind the scenes he decided to not put as much effort into the training.

Rock Sexton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #543
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
If he did walk, that guy Liam Mcinyre from Spartacus would be someone I'd like to see brought in.

Pray though it never comes to that.
Indeed; I'd like to go through one Marvel Phase where they don't recast anyone during its duration since it'd just feel very apparent, more so than with the Norton and Ruffalo situation during Phase 1, where we start off with Hemsworth and Downey in their respective roles for Phase 2 and go into having new actors playing them only 2 years later for the Avengers.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #544
Rock Sexton

Quote:
Indeed; I'd like to go through one Marvel Phase where they don't recast anyone during its duration since it'd just feel very apparent, more so than with the Norton and Ruffalo situation during Phase 1, where we start off with Hemsworth and Downey in their respective roles for Phase 2 and go into having new actors playing them only 2 years later for the Avengers.
Speaking of money .... it would appear that truly was the center of the problem when it came to the Norton situation. Nothing against Ruffalo, he did a fine job ..... but still, after that article I think we know the truth now about Marvel.

The re-casts are inevitable at some point. Unless the rest of the solo-adventures receive huge boosts in the box office, eventually these guys are going to get tired of playing the parts. The only guy I ever got the impression he was enjoying his time (aside from RDJ) was Hiddleston.

Old 05-07-2013, 09:08 PM   #545
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Speaking of money .... it would appear that truly was the center of the problem when it came to the Norton situation. Nothing against Ruffalo, he did a fine job ..... but still, after that article I think we know the truth now about Marvel.

The re-casts are inevitable at some point. Unless the rest of the solo-adventures receive huge boosts in the box office, eventually these guys are going to get tired of playing the parts. The only guy I ever got the impression he was enjoying his time (aside from RDJ) was Hiddleston.

When I think about the irony that surrounds not only this situation but the state of Comic Book films in general when it comes to Marvel and DC, I just don't know how to respond to it really.lol

1. We have Warner Bros. who owns all of DC's major characters that are needed in order to create a proper DC Cinematic Universe but since they are not entirely devoted into making Comic Book Genre films like Marvel Studios are, they aren't able to get their act together in how they should approach it.

2. Then we have Marvel where several of their major players are owned by different big time film studios, with Spider-Man belonging to Sony and X-Men/Fantastic Four belonging to Fox, thus preventing Marvel from putting everyone into a big Marvel Film. But in the same time, since Marvel Studios owns a good amount of singular major players from the Marvel Universe and are devoted into making comic book genre films, they are able to create something like the MCU.

3. However, at the same time, DC Comic Book films supposedly have the luxury of being able to financially back up their films and their cast/crew while places like Marvel Studios aren't so fortunate apparently as they wish to go about things as cheaply as they can.

Old 05-07-2013, 10:33 PM   #546
metaphysician
Side-Kick

I think the odds are that rumor is either entirely false or vastly overblown. Especially with the "1.1B to break even" nonsense ( if Avengers needed that much just to break even, it would have never been made ).

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #547
Rock Sexton

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I think the odds are that rumor is either entirely false or vastly overblown. Especially with the "1.1B to break even" nonsense ( if Avengers needed that much just to break even, it would have never been made ).
Ya, that number is obviously grossly absurd and inaccurate.

Old 05-07-2013, 11:21 PM   #548
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ya, that number is obviously grossly absurd and inaccurate.
I'd say that number is closer to like $500-700 million, not the $1.1 billion they're reporting.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #549
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

i am not worried about hems not returning

Old 05-08-2013, 02:21 AM   #550
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:
3. However, at the same time, DC Comic Book films supposedly have the luxury of being able to financially back up their films and their cast/crew while places like Marvel Studios aren't so fortunate apparently as they wish to go about things as cheaply as they can.
They are owned by Disney, they have plenty of backing if need be. The issue as I see it is autonomy. Marvel Studios had a business model before they were purchased by Disney and got used to doing things a certain way. It probably gives them more creative freedom by sticking to their plan and not allowing costs to escalate on actors salaries. Disney's weight has really showed up in the marketing/multi platform aspect. The more they become dependant on Disney the more creative input they'd likely have (and Marvel lose). Whether that is a good or bad thing would depend on the people in place.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 05-08-2013 at 02:47 AM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline   Reply With Quote