The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the NEW costume...
Best Spidey costume yet! 105 52.50%
Slightly better than Raimi's costumes 36 18.00%
The same as Raimi's 36 18.00%
Worse than Raimi's 6 3.00%
Worse than the first ASM's costume 17 8.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #51
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Default Re: Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLPAtitoyUPI View Post
It looks awful in Tobey, I mean, look:
I see nothing wrong with that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #52
eLPAtitoyUPI
The real Spoder-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I see nothing wrong with that.
Tobey is a skinny guy. He has a similar complexity as Garfield had in TASM (he has bulked up for TASM 2).

Look at this picture from SM1:
Quote:
That guy, even if he's pretty good defined, is not as big as he's in the suit with the muscle suit. If you look again to the other photo, you should see that his thighs are wider than his hip, and that chest, shoulders and ab zone are A LOT bigger than in his normal self. It's like Tobey's face being pasted into Michael Phelps body (but with more ass).

It's EXTREMELY noticeable how Tobey used a muscle suit while in his Spidey suit, and made him look like a very bulky Spider-Man.

Old 05-08-2013, 02:03 PM   #53
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I disagree. Garfield seems more skinny and lean.

Here's a better look at Tobey as Peter Parker. Not as squashed as that other screenshot.

Clearly not as muscled as the suit may give the impression, but that's only really noticeable in screenshots. Seeing a muscled Spider-man suit isn't anything new since the comics often portray him as such as well. Plus personally I enjoyed the added affect on the costume.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #54
SpideyK
SHH14

To anyone who still thinks the webbing is silver:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Just saying.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:03 PM   #55
Nicko-Ray
"HARRY'S DEAD!"

^ *claps*

Old 05-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #56
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I disagree. Garfield seems more skinny and lean.

Here's a better look at Tobey as Peter Parker. Not as squashed as that other screenshot.

Clearly not as muscled as the suit may give the impression, but that's only really noticeable in screenshots. Seeing a muscled Spider-man suit isn't anything new since the comics often portray him as such as well. Plus personally I enjoyed the added affect on the costume.
I was always under the impression that this wasnt Tobey's body....

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Old 05-12-2013, 03:55 PM   #57
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
I think this was Tobey's body, but he worked out hard to get in this shape for the first film. However, he really let himself go by SM3, resulting in the moniker "Tubby Maguire".

Old 05-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #58
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidey-dude View Post
I couldn't tell you to be sure. Though he did get his shirt off for the audition which is on the dvd. It's probably on youtube. You can check against that.

Old 05-12-2013, 03:59 PM   #59
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

I remember reading about how he worked out like crazy for SM1 to get in shape. So I believe that actually is him.

In SM2 he suffered some major back injuries, which didn't allow him to get in the same shape he was in SM1. SM3...not really sure what the excuse there was.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 05-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #60
theShape
Creature of Darkness

The webbing isn't silver, per say, but it definitely gives off a shine sometimes and in certain shots that gives it a bit of that "silver webbing" effect we're all familiar with from the Raimi suits. I'm guessing that when we see the way the suit is meant to be lit (in the film), it'll appear both black and slightly silver depending on the amount of light, shadows, time of day, etc. But I bet his entire body will never been seen as "fully black webbing" or "fully silver webbing".

Seems like they were going for the "best of both worlds" this time around which is FINE by me. Was always a fan of Raimi's silver webbing. It looked pretty amazing in the films themselves (not necessarily the screenshots people keep posting) and also bounced back and forth between looking lighter and dark, though I agree that the silver lining was a little too much sometimes (especially by the time they got to SM3). Obviously, I love the black webbing from the comics, so I'm hoping we get a solid balance in TASM, while steal leaning towards the "dark" side for the most part.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #61
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
The Raimi suit was absolutely beautiful and still amongst the best of the best adapted superhero costumes to date in my view.

I really can't understand how this is being attacked the way it is. Baffling.

And another one:

I quite liked the Raimi suit back in the day, but prefer both Webb suits over the Raimi suit. I still think the Raimi suit looks good, but the thick silver webs always bothered me, and as others have said, the lenses are just a bit off. The airbrushed ab muscles are kind of dated, and I have to agree with those that say that stature wise, Garfield's lean body is just much more preferable to Maguires stoutness.

The one aspect of the TASM2 suit I'm still not sure about however are the boots, they still look quite clunky. But I have to say, I've really been wowed by how the suit looks in the images released over the past couple weeks. Looks terrific, and for my money, far superior to the Raimi suit.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:04 PM   #62
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieven View Post
I think this was Tobey's body, but he worked out hard to get in this shape for the first film. However, he really let himself go by SM3, resulting in the moniker "Tubby Maguire".
Yeah, Tobey was jacked in SM1. He really worked hard for that film. In SM2, it looks like he hadn't worked out whatsoever (partially because of his injury that almost took him out of the film) so he was basically just normal, skinny Tobey (as we saw in his one shirtless scene).

By the time SM3 came around, you can tell Tobey didn't give 2 ****s about his physique and he was pretty pudgy. He was rarely ever in the full suit (plainly obvious that the stunt men ran the show), and when he was in the suit without his mask on, he looked borderline fat. Also, after his aerial fight with Harry and he bends down to check on Harry, you can see one of Tobey's fat rolls through his shredded shirt. Pretty embarassing and glad we'll never have that problem with TASM series. It's hard to even tell when it's Andrew or stunt men donning the suit.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 PM   #63
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Here's an example of what I was talking about:

http://www.blastr.com/2013-2-8/early...on-raimis-suit

Notice how a portion of the webbing on his face is shiny silver, but it's not as plainly obvious all over his body. It depended on shadows and lighting. But like I said, TASM2's webbing will never look as silver as Raimi's sometimes did, though I think it'll have a shine sometimes (closer to charcoal grey).

Old 05-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #64
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Yeah, Tobey was jacked in SM1. He really worked hard for that film. In SM2, it looks like he hadn't worked out whatsoever (partially because of his injury that almost took him out of the film) so he was basically just normal, skinny Tobey (as we saw in his one shirtless scene).

By the time SM3 came around, you can tell Tobey didn't give 2 ****s about his physique and he was pretty pudgy. He was rarely ever in the full suit (plainly obvious that the stunt men ran the show), and when he was in the suit without his mask on, he looked borderline fat. Also, after his aerial fight with Harry and he bends down to check on Harry, you can see one of Tobey's fat rolls through his shredded shirt. Pretty embarassing and glad we'll never have that problem with TASM series. It's hard to even tell when it's Andrew or stunt men donning the suit.
Yeah, I remember a scene in SM3 where Tobey was sitting on the edge of his bed thinking or crying (or maybe I'm mixing it up with when he was crying after Harry was killed). In either scene, he was wearing the suit with the mask off, and you could count the the number of chins. In any event, in shape or not, I think Tobey's physique never quite fit the Spider-Man character just right, the way Andrew's does.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #65
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grieven View Post
Yeah, I remember a scene in SM3 where Tobey was sitting on the edge of his bed thinking or crying (or maybe I'm mixing it up with when he was crying after Harry was killed). In either scene, he was wearing the suit with the mask off, and you could count the the number of chins. In any event, in shape or not, I think Tobey's physique never quite fit the Spider-Man character just right, the way Andrew's does.
There's a lot of ways Spidey can be portrayed, though. Tobey's build in the first film looks just like Spidey was drawn in his first comics appearance and early on, while later in the comics, Spidey started being drawn much slimmer and lanky (like Andrew). I appreciate any good interpretation of our beloved superheroes.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #66
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

How about Nick Cage's interpretation?

Old 05-12-2013, 04:50 PM   #67
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
The webbing isn't silver, per say, but it definitely gives off a shine sometimes and in certain shots that gives it a bit of that "silver webbing" effect we're all familiar with from the Raimi suits. I'm guessing that when we see the way the suit is meant to be lit (in the film), it'll appear both black and slightly silver depending on the amount of light, shadows, time of day, etc. But I bet his entire body will never been seen as "fully black webbing" or "fully silver webbing".

Seems like they were going for the "best of both worlds" this time around which is FINE by me. Was always a fan of Raimi's silver webbing. It looked pretty amazing in the films themselves (not necessarily the screenshots people keep posting) and also bounced back and forth between looking lighter and dark, though I agree that the silver lining was a little too much sometimes (especially by the time they got to SM3). Obviously, I love the black webbing from the comics, so I'm hoping we get a solid balance in TASM, while steal leaning towards the "dark" side for the most part.
True, the new webbing is sort of shiny, making it look silver depending on the lighting.

The Raimi webbing on the other hand, wasn't really that shiny at all; it was just light grey. I didn't look silver because of reflections or anything.

I definitely prefer the new, black webbing, as well.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:08 PM   #68
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
How about Nick Cage's interpretation?

My favorite one

Old 05-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #69
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

at least his hair looks good.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #70
grieven
The Amazing Side-Kick

Quote:
There's a lot of ways Spidey can be portrayed, though. Tobey's build in the first film looks just like Spidey was drawn in his first comics appearance and early on, while later in the comics, Spidey started being drawn much slimmer and lanky (like Andrew). I appreciate any good interpretation of our beloved superheroes.
Yes, totally agree with you. Raimi's Spidey was very good, arguably ground breaking.

In the end assessment though, for me, comparing the Raimi and Webb suit designs and character physiques, I throw my vote towards Webb's.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:31 PM   #71
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
To anyone who still thinks the webbing is silver:

Just saying.
See, that looks like it'd not only give him not kind of protection if he smashed into a window, but also that he'd freeze swinging at night.

Much prefered the material from the first suit. If they'd kept that, the belt and the boots I'd be happy.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Old 05-12-2013, 05:59 PM   #72
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Valumart View Post
See, that looks like it'd not only give him not kind of protection if he smashed into a window, but also that he'd freeze swinging at night.

Much prefered the material from the first suit. If they'd kept that, the belt and the boots I'd be happy.
I thought so at first, as well. The new suit really grows you, though. I'm loving it more, every minute.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:02 PM   #73
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

It's okay. It's well-made and looks good, but it doesn't do anything for me.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:08 PM   #74
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
I thought so at first, as well. The new suit really grows you, though. I'm loving it more, every minute.
Not really. I mean I know I'm not active in here posting wise, but I pop in to read up and see set pics. I has not grown on me.

But looking back at the Riami suit it looks horrible in pictures too, so I assume in motion this will look better.

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Old 05-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #75
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

It kinda baffles me how someone can hate the Raimi suit, but love the ASM2 suit. They're pretty much identical, with the differences between them being negligible. I don't think it's weird to like one more than the other, but to feel opposite ways about them is...well, weird. JMO.

Closed Thread