The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #851
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

Default Re: Disney/Marvel & ABC working on Avengers spin-off tv show? - Part 1

so when does ABC announce their fall or mid-season lineups? have the network people seen this yet?

Old 04-29-2013, 06:24 PM   #852
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Marvel: y u no like our scoops?
Have you seen the latest El Maybe scoop debacle? That one imploded in record time and ended up with one of the writers of the FF reboot pimp-slapping him on Twitter and accusing him of making physical threats. This might be the "asymmetrical warfare" that El Maybe promised Marvel, only the balance is on the Mouse's side.

Old 04-29-2013, 07:05 PM   #853
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Have you seen the latest El Maybe scoop debacle? That one imploded in record time and ended up with one of the writers of the FF reboot pimp-slapping him on Twitter and accusing him of making physical threats. This might be the "asymmetrical warfare" that El Maybe promised Marvel, only the balance is on the Mouse's side.
I didn't see it but ahahahahahaha!

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 AM   #854
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I didn't see it but ahahahahahaha!
It was classic. The editors at Latino Review should change the passwords and make that guy submit all of his articles for internal review before posting. He's just one clown but he's making the whole circus look bad.

http://latino-review.com/2013/04/29/...c-four-reboot/

Of course El Maybe omitted the most damning tweets between himself and Jeremy Slater....

Quote:
elmayimbe @elmayimbe
@Boner_Mountain Play nice in the sandbox.
Quote:
Boner Mountain @Boner_Mountain
.@elmayimbe Get your ****ing facts right and don't threaten to beat up my friends.
3:22 PM - 29 Apr 2013

Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 AM   #855
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

lmao!

Quote:
Boner Mountain @Boner_Mountain
*grabs microphone* "JOURNALISM!" *hops on dirt bike* *rides bike headfirst into brick wall*
about 10 hours ago Reply Retweet Favorite

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-30-2013, 12:36 AM   #856
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
I like things being close to comics when they're explained. They haven't explained how SHIELD has robots that can deliver moving speeches, or where the perfectly healthy real Coulson was when the helicarrier was going down and he had something more important to do than go stop Loki. Similarly, if they used the Infinity Formula, or any other macguffins out of the blue - especially those that would have been very useful to SHIELD often but were used nowhere else other than to retcon - to explain away someone's clear death, I'd be pretty miffed. That's bad writing.

Coulson's resurrection deserves something that is thought out and meaningful to the character rather than cut and paste in things from the 616 that clearly don't exist in the MCU.
Surley they'd use a LMD just incase...I don't know...Loki put his spear through Coulson's heart .
They can easily explain a LMD. And it's certainly better than the holding breath excuse

Old 04-30-2013, 12:48 AM   #857
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
so when does ABC announce their fall or mid-season lineups? have the network people seen this yet?
It will out next month! Probably between May 13 to May 17.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-30-2013, 01:17 AM   #858
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

We also have the cartoon coming. ...I'm nervous.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #859
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
lmao!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #860
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Surley they'd use a LMD just incase...I don't know...Loki put his spear through Coulson's heart .
They can easily explain a LMD. And it's certainly better than the holding breath excuse
If you have robotic tech capable of fighting for you, and you never use it unless you're trying to fool people into thinking it's you, you're an idiot, I'm sorry. If the world is at stake and you have a closet of LMDs, and you only send one, and ALSO don't go yourself, then not only are you an idiot, I feel comfortable holding you personally responsible for the failure of that one LMD.

There's good ways to resurrect Coulson. Convenient never-mentioned-before-super-technology simply isn't one of them. The simplest one is to say that Fury lied when he said "They called it." We never saw them call it, and we know Fury lies. It's pretty simple. No need for bad writing. :\

Old 04-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #861
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
If you have robotic tech capable of fighting for you, and you never use it unless you're trying to fool people into thinking it's you, you're an idiot, I'm sorry. If the world is at stake and you have a closet of LMDs, and you only send one, and ALSO don't go yourself, then not only are you an idiot, I feel comfortable holding you personally responsible for the failure of that one LMD.

There's good ways to resurrect Coulson. Convenient never-mentioned-before-super-technology simply isn't one of them. The simplest one is to say that Fury lied when he said "They called it." We never saw them call it, and we know Fury lies. It's pretty simple. No need for bad writing. :\
Except... it was mentioned before.....

I'm just playin'. I agree with you mostly.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:35 AM   #862
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:

No other agent came face to face with Loki. It would make perfect sense to send in a LMD for that.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #863
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:

Completely agreed. The LMD crap was unrealistic EVEN in the context of the comics. In the movies/TV show? Complete non-starter.

And even if Fury *did* require a team of doctors to revive Coulson, which is probable, why is the whole 'holding his breath' thing even necessary? A simple, "ok, now you're going to pretend that he died, or look forward to spending the rest of your life in a very tiny underground cell" from Fury would more than suffice.

Last edited by fixxxer; 05-01-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #864
metaphysician
Side-Kick

The easiest answer? "Leaked rumors are seldom precise even when they are accurate." Or, just because Fury Lies doesn't mean that the "hold your breath" idea wasn't invented mostly or entirely by some scoop-seeker.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:38 PM   #865
OB12
Side-Kick

Feige on Agents of SHIELD:
Quote:
Given how many characters Marvel Studios controls, and the fact that they only want to produce two films a year, could we see some of the as-yet-unused heroes – like Black Panther — turn up here?
“If that works the way everyone expects it to work I think that would open up another avenue, another outlet for some of those characters,” Feige acknowledes. “Maybe they guest star, I don’t know. I think they’re avoiding the cameo of the week on that show, which is very smart.”
We will definitely be seeing some new heroes in this, it seems.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:52 PM   #866
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I highly doubt it will be big ones like BP. Maybe we'll see Daredevil or something but I'd rather he get his own show anyway.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #867
OB12
Side-Kick

Quote:
I highly doubt it will be big ones like BP. Maybe we'll see Daredevil or something but I'd rather he get his own show anyway.
Agreed. BP is too high up the chain IMO. I've said all along that it is going to be more street-level: Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist. There are a bunch of these characters that they could potentially tap into.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #868
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

I wouldn't mind using the show to test street-level heroes and if they are loved spin them off. Smallville did it with Green Arrow so I can see Marvel doing it too. The great thing is it'll still be in the same universe.

Old 05-02-2013, 09:22 PM   #869
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Arrow's not a spinoff of Smallville, but you have a point.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 PM   #870
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Arrow's not a spinoff of Smallville, but you have a point.
Lol I know, but I meant in terms of how Arrow only happened because his character was so well received on Smallville.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:52 AM   #871
SHIELDtv
Level 8 S.H.I.E.L.D Agent

5 days to go.. unless we hear sooner, which is entirely possible.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:00 AM   #872
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

FOX made their series orders known today. ABC may very well do the same before the weekend. We'd still have to wait until their upfronts to get a trailer, but still.

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:03 AM   #873
SHIELDtv
Level 8 S.H.I.E.L.D Agent

Quote:
FOX made their series orders known today. ABC may very well do the same before the weekend. We'd still have to wait until their upfronts to get a trailer, but still.
ABCs upfronts aren't til Tuesday. There's a chance we may hear about S.H.I.E.L.D. after Friday however as that's the day (apparently) the decision is being handed down officially

Old 05-09-2013, 02:53 AM   #874
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
May 14, 2014 is the upfront presentation of ABC. Which is just days away from today.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 05-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #875
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
May 14, 2014 is the upfront presentation of ABC. Which is just days away from today.
Okay. And?

Closed Thread