The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #576
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Cause the ladies love him...

The final theatrical trailer gives them the chance to show off the characters and action, similar to the final trailer of MOS. No more of the same narration by Hunnam.

Spill

Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #577
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I honestly don't think anybody but massive fans of the shows these guys are in could tell you who is starring in this thing yet.

Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #578
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
They need to start introducing the characters a bit more, and it seems like they may be starting to. They may not have any real huge stars but Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam are both pretty popular from TV roles. Elba in particular is frequently interviewed for films, even when his parts are pretty small.
Like GDT said recently, they're doing their marketing slowly but surely. We got an official poster for Charlie today!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #579
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Del Toro said we're getting a third trailer sometime. Maybe then we'll more character exposition. What I wanna know is if Raleigh and Mako end up getting it on. Del Toro said that they both lost family members from the Kaiju and make a powerful pilot pair. But does that mean they'll become a relationship?

Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #580
Liam_H
Side-Kick

There's a strong chance of that but I hope they don't rush it or make it seem forced.

Spill

Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #581
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

So I was thinking of making my own Jaeger, just for and all. First thing I've been thinking on is the name. What do you guys think of, Maverick Centigrade?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #582
smallville fan
Hero

I don't mean to divert the attention of this thread from the actual Pacific Rim movie itself and I'm not sure this was discussed but, does anybody, particularly 90's kids think this sort of special effects and some of the plot with some added stuff(like villains, 6 teenagers with attitude each wearing Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink and Green, some of the robots being Dinosaurs etc) would be better in a Power Rangers movie akin to how Transformers was done(before it became bad) as well as maybe taking some cues from Avengers???

I mean when I watched this trailer the first thing I thought was this would've been way cooler if this sort of stuff was done for a potential summer blockbuster Power Rangers movie.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #583
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I don't mean to divert the attention of this thread from the actual Pacific Rim movie itself and I'm not sure this was discussed but, does anybody, particularly 90's kids think this sort of special effects and some of the plot with some added stuff(like villains, 6 teenagers with attitude each wearing Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink and Green, some of the robots being Dinosaurs etc) would be better in a Power Rangers movie akin to how Transformers was done(before it became bad) as well as maybe taking some cues from Avengers???

I mean when I watched this trailer the first thing I thought was this would've been way cooler if this sort of stuff was done for a potential summer blockbuster Power Rangers movie.
Absolutely not. A straight forward mecha vs kaiju film sounds much better than a rehash of Power Rangers.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #584
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #585
georgec
Not a hero

The apocalypse.

He's canceling it.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #586
mc7791
The boys have arrived

from what has been shown in the trailers and stills he looks to be a PPDC director as well as a Jaeger pilot. He may become a pilot when the Kaiju onslaught is coming and the PPDC needs all the help it can get. Wonder what Jaeger he piloted before.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #587
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
from what has been shown in the trailers and stills he looks to be a PPDC director as well as a Jaeger pilot. He may become a pilot when the Kaiju onslaught is coming and the PPDC needs all the help it can get. Wonder what Jaeger he piloted before.
That's what it looks like...I think we'll learn more about his part in the Graphic novel.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #588
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Del Toro announcing that the promotional campaign is starting.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #589
nite-owl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
The apocalypse.

He's canceling it.
Kaiju pops out of the water.

Idris stare's at it.

Kaiju goes back into the water.

Old 05-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #590
chintai80
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post

Idris stare's at it.

just create a jaeger that's a giant version of idris elba. the movie will just be 5 minutes long.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #591
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post

Idris stare's at it.

Hahaha I might actually need to draw this in comic form.

Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #592
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick

Neca's 18 inch Gipsy Danger WIP

And a look at the upcoming Graphic Novel.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/...im-comic-1.jpg

&

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/...im-comic-2.jpg

Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #593
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

I knew they'd make an 18-inch series for PR. Too good an opportunity to pass up. I'm definitely getting me one. I wonder if they're making just GD and Knifehead, or the others as well in the 18-inch scale. These will go great with maisto tail wind jets.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #594
mc7791
The boys have arrived

like what is shown in the graphic novel. In the Wondercon footage Charlie Day's scientist is upset because when most likely Gipsy Danger killed a Kaiju there is nothing that can be analyzed. In the pages of the comic that have been shown you can see what looks to be Knifeheads skull in a testing bay. I knew there would be ones used to analyze the Kaiju just like there are ones to repair/rearm the Jaegers. I wonder if the GD figure will reveal anything about its weapons that we have not seen yet. With Day's character being upset I can see where Hannibal Chau can come into play.

Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #595
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
like what is shown in the graphic novel. In the Wondercon footage Charlie Day's scientist is upset because when most likely Gipsy Danger killed a Kaiju there is nothing that can be analyzed. In the pages of the comic that have been shown you can see what looks to be Knifeheads skull in a testing bay. I knew there would be ones used to analyze the Kaiju just like there are ones to repair/rearm the Jaegers. I wonder if the GD figure will reveal anything about its weapons that we have not seen yet. With Day's character being upset I can see where Hannibal Chau can come into play.
I don't think anyone has a problem with killing the kaiju. It's that simply killing the ones that show up is merely a short term problem.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #596
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Man I really want to know which kaiju is the one that does Gipsy Danger in. For a while I assumed it was Knifehead, ya know, like a double KO kinda of situation.

Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #597
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
Man I really want to know which kaiju is the one that does Gipsy Danger in. For a while I assumed it was Knifehead, ya know, like a double KO kinda of situation.
I was pretty certain that it was Knifehead as well. But GDT said there's a battle in the snow...And Gipsy is seen going down in the snow...Maybe Knifehead comeback to surprise them or something?

...This has really left me wondering.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #598
SpitCurl
Side-Kick

Damn it, all that character poster of Idris Elba is doing is making me wish he could play James Bond

In another (more awesome) universe...

Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #599
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. VBZ View Post
I was pretty certain that it was Knifehead as well. But GDT said there's a battle in the snow...And Gipsy is seen going down in the snow...Maybe Knifehead comeback to surprise them or something?

...This has really left me wondering.
After I figured it wouldn't be Knifehead I looked to the other kaiju. I examined Danger's wound closely. It doesn't look like the arm was sliced off, but rather....bitten off.

Perhaps....megacroc kaiju?

Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #600
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
After I figured it wouldn't be Knifehead I looked to the other kaiju. I examined Danger's wound closely. It doesn't look like the arm was sliced off, but rather....bitten off.

Perhaps....megacroc kaiju?
The Mega-croc would make sense. After Knifehead is killed maybe it will show up and drag the fight on to the ice. From there it would be able to ambush Gipsy Danger from underneath...Then again, if you look at the head wound, it would seem like Knifehead does Yancy in.

This is really starting to puzzle me. Going by the wondercon trailer Knifehead is a CAT 3, and by the looks of it Gipsy Danger is owning it.

Closed Thread