The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2013, 12:14 AM   #576
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,505
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Cause the ladies love him...

The final theatrical trailer gives them the chance to show off the characters and action, similar to the final trailer of MOS. No more of the same narration by Hunnam.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #577
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,672
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

I honestly don't think anybody but massive fans of the shows these guys are in could tell you who is starring in this thing yet.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #578
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,744
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
They need to start introducing the characters a bit more, and it seems like they may be starting to. They may not have any real huge stars but Idris Elba and Charlie Hunnam are both pretty popular from TV roles. Elba in particular is frequently interviewed for films, even when his parts are pretty small.
Like GDT said recently, they're doing their marketing slowly but surely. We got an official poster for Charlie today!

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on March 25, 2016 - updated!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 01:54 AM   #579
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,255
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Del Toro said we're getting a third trailer sometime. Maybe then we'll more character exposition. What I wanna know is if Raleigh and Mako end up getting it on. Del Toro said that they both lost family members from the Kaiju and make a powerful pilot pair. But does that mean they'll become a relationship?

__________________
Kristen Schaal is the greatest and most attractive woman in the 28 known galaxies
BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 05-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #580
Liam_H
Side-Kick
 
Liam_H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California
Posts: 8,505
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

There's a strong chance of that but I hope they don't rush it or make it seem forced.

__________________

Spill


Liam_H is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #581
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,255
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

So I was thinking of making my own Jaeger, just for and all. First thing I've been thinking on is the name. What do you guys think of, Maverick Centigrade?

BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 05-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #582
smallville fan
Hero
 
smallville fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,442
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

I don't mean to divert the attention of this thread from the actual Pacific Rim movie itself and I'm not sure this was discussed but, does anybody, particularly 90's kids think this sort of special effects and some of the plot with some added stuff(like villains, 6 teenagers with attitude each wearing Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink and Green, some of the robots being Dinosaurs etc) would be better in a Power Rangers movie akin to how Transformers was done(before it became bad) as well as maybe taking some cues from Avengers???

I mean when I watched this trailer the first thing I thought was this would've been way cooler if this sort of stuff was done for a potential summer blockbuster Power Rangers movie.

smallville fan is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #583
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In your heart.
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I don't mean to divert the attention of this thread from the actual Pacific Rim movie itself and I'm not sure this was discussed but, does anybody, particularly 90's kids think this sort of special effects and some of the plot with some added stuff(like villains, 6 teenagers with attitude each wearing Red, Blue, Black, Yellow, Pink and Green, some of the robots being Dinosaurs etc) would be better in a Power Rangers movie akin to how Transformers was done(before it became bad) as well as maybe taking some cues from Avengers???

I mean when I watched this trailer the first thing I thought was this would've been way cooler if this sort of stuff was done for a potential summer blockbuster Power Rangers movie.
Absolutely not. A straight forward mecha vs kaiju film sounds much better than a rehash of Power Rangers.

Mr. VBZ is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #584
redhawk23
Wrestlin'
 
redhawk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Kemet
Posts: 13,826
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2


redhawk23 is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 05:49 PM   #585
georgec
Not a hero
 
georgec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Belize
Posts: 3,744
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

The apocalypse.

He's canceling it.

__________________
Superman with Batman - Whatever It Is... - Countdown until midnight release on March 25, 2016 - updated!

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
georgec is online now  
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #586
mc7791
The boys have arrived
 
mc7791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 977
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

from what has been shown in the trailers and stills he looks to be a PPDC director as well as a Jaeger pilot. He may become a pilot when the Kaiju onslaught is coming and the PPDC needs all the help it can get. Wonder what Jaeger he piloted before.

mc7791 is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 08:13 PM   #587
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In your heart.
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
from what has been shown in the trailers and stills he looks to be a PPDC director as well as a Jaeger pilot. He may become a pilot when the Kaiju onslaught is coming and the PPDC needs all the help it can get. Wonder what Jaeger he piloted before.
That's what it looks like...I think we'll learn more about his part in the Graphic novel.

Mr. VBZ is offline  
Old 05-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #588
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,255
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Del Toro announcing that the promotional campaign is starting.

__________________
Kristen Schaal is the greatest and most attractive woman in the 28 known galaxies
BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:42 AM   #589
nite-owl
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,500
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgec View Post
The apocalypse.

He's canceling it.
Kaiju pops out of the water.

Idris stare's at it.

Kaiju goes back into the water.

nite-owl is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 02:17 PM   #590
chintai80
Side-Kick
 
chintai80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 859
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
Kaiju pops out of the water.

Idris stare's at it.

Kaiju goes back into the water.
just create a jaeger that's a giant version of idris elba. the movie will just be 5 minutes long.

__________________
Whaaat?
chintai80 is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 03:21 PM   #591
redhawk23
Wrestlin'
 
redhawk23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New Kemet
Posts: 13,826
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite-owl View Post
Kaiju pops out of the water.

Idris stare's at it.

Kaiju goes back into the water.
Hahaha I might actually need to draw this in comic form.

redhawk23 is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #592
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In your heart.
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Neca's 18 inch Gipsy Danger WIP



And a look at the upcoming Graphic Novel.

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/...im-comic-1.jpg

&

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/sites/...im-comic-2.jpg

Mr. VBZ is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #593
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,255
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

I knew they'd make an 18-inch series for PR. Too good an opportunity to pass up. I'm definitely getting me one. I wonder if they're making just GD and Knifehead, or the others as well in the 18-inch scale. These will go great with maisto tail wind jets.

BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 05-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #594
mc7791
The boys have arrived
 
mc7791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 977
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

like what is shown in the graphic novel. In the Wondercon footage Charlie Day's scientist is upset because when most likely Gipsy Danger killed a Kaiju there is nothing that can be analyzed. In the pages of the comic that have been shown you can see what looks to be Knifeheads skull in a testing bay. I knew there would be ones used to analyze the Kaiju just like there are ones to repair/rearm the Jaegers. I wonder if the GD figure will reveal anything about its weapons that we have not seen yet. With Day's character being upset I can see where Hannibal Chau can come into play.

mc7791 is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #595
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In your heart.
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc7791 View Post
like what is shown in the graphic novel. In the Wondercon footage Charlie Day's scientist is upset because when most likely Gipsy Danger killed a Kaiju there is nothing that can be analyzed. In the pages of the comic that have been shown you can see what looks to be Knifeheads skull in a testing bay. I knew there would be ones used to analyze the Kaiju just like there are ones to repair/rearm the Jaegers. I wonder if the GD figure will reveal anything about its weapons that we have not seen yet. With Day's character being upset I can see where Hannibal Chau can come into play.
I don't think anyone has a problem with killing the kaiju. It's that simply killing the ones that show up is merely a short term problem.

Mr. VBZ is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 07:05 PM   #596
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,255
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Man I really want to know which kaiju is the one that does Gipsy Danger in. For a while I assumed it was Knifehead, ya know, like a double KO kinda of situation.

BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 05-09-2013, 09:19 PM   #597
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In your heart.
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
Man I really want to know which kaiju is the one that does Gipsy Danger in. For a while I assumed it was Knifehead, ya know, like a double KO kinda of situation.
I was pretty certain that it was Knifehead as well. But GDT said there's a battle in the snow...And Gipsy is seen going down in the snow...Maybe Knifehead comeback to surprise them or something?

...This has really left me wondering.

Mr. VBZ is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #598
SpitCurl
Side-Kick
 
SpitCurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 396
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Damn it, all that character poster of Idris Elba is doing is making me wish he could play James Bond

In another (more awesome) universe...

__________________
The Hype: where an even-keeled temperament is its very own superpower.
SpitCurl is offline  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #599
BrollySupersj
YES I DID IT!
 
BrollySupersj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Hargenteen
Posts: 7,255
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. VBZ View Post
I was pretty certain that it was Knifehead as well. But GDT said there's a battle in the snow...And Gipsy is seen going down in the snow...Maybe Knifehead comeback to surprise them or something?

...This has really left me wondering.
After I figured it wouldn't be Knifehead I looked to the other kaiju. I examined Danger's wound closely. It doesn't look like the arm was sliced off, but rather....bitten off.


Perhaps....megacroc kaiju?

__________________
Kristen Schaal is the greatest and most attractive woman in the 28 known galaxies
BrollySupersj is online now  
Old 05-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #600
Mr. VBZ
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: In your heart.
Posts: 79
Default Re: Pacific Rim - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrollySupersj View Post
After I figured it wouldn't be Knifehead I looked to the other kaiju. I examined Danger's wound closely. It doesn't look like the arm was sliced off, but rather....bitten off.


Perhaps....megacroc kaiju?
The Mega-croc would make sense. After Knifehead is killed maybe it will show up and drag the fight on to the ice. From there it would be able to ambush Gipsy Danger from underneath...Then again, if you look at the head wound, it would seem like Knifehead does Yancy in.

This is really starting to puzzle me. Going by the wondercon trailer Knifehead is a CAT 3, and by the looks of it Gipsy Danger is owning it.




Mr. VBZ is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.