The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Old 04-29-2013, 12:04 AM   #451
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor: The Dark World Trailer Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I know he will deliver a spectacular performance, but, whenever I re-read Malekith's appearance in the comics, I always hear the voice of the guy who voiced him in EMH rendering the dialogue.
lol that's how I am with Ultron.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #452
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

. . . . It sounds like NOW we are getting the comic book Loki on screen. He just had a bit of a different past in the MCU, making him deeper and more relatable, but what the trailer seems to forshadow, the arc it's based off of, and recent comments, it's starting to sound like we will be getting the comic version of Loki that I have been waiting to see: Knowing he's up to something the whole movie, but since he helps the heroes at some point, we won't know what hes up to, till his moment comes. That's what I can't wait for.

LadyGeek, Loki HAS to be like this now. Not too sure how open you are too this, but if you don't read comics, it may not be TOTALLY what you are used to, but I guarantee you will be satisfied.

The changes Loki seemed to have had made in the MCU, is exactly why he's such a great villain. Pretty pumped that the mischievous scheming Loki is going to be showing up
Finally getting back to this nice long juicy post of yours, Jaqua. Since you are guaranteeing my satisfaction, will you refund the price of my ticket if I hate the film? Har, har.

I'm not a reader of the comics and realize I need to be open to Loki's portrayal. Just can't help getting sentimental sometimes over the lost and vulnerable sides of Loki that we saw in earlier parts of the first film. [Wipes tear from eye while ducking Jaqua's shoes]

Judging from the trailer, I'm psyched for this movie. It looks grand all around.

LadyGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:03 PM   #453
Godzilla2000
Undisputed Kaiju Queen

I'm getting a hint from the trailer alone that the sequel is going to raise the bar on epicness.

Taylor Swift - Shake It Off - The reason why I listen to European Metal.

Isn't this far better but still pop-like?
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Godzilla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:31 PM   #454
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Tom brought a lot of depth to Loki. A lesser actor would have probably just played him as sneering villain #254367453 but Hiddie's portrayal makes you feel bad for him even though you know he's a right bastard.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:16 PM   #455
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
You mean Kurse?
Yes. It feels like Malekith will seem like a strong threat from the start and when things start to go somewhat the heroes' way Kurse will be there to make it worse.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #456
Donar
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Tom brought a lot of depth to Loki. A lesser actor would have probably just played him as sneering villain #254367453 but Hiddie's portrayal makes you feel bad for him even though you know he's a right bastard.
I couldn't agree more.

Donar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #457
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

I want to see Kurse. Godzilla2000, remember a while back you posted concept art you may have thought was for this movie? That weird looking creature thing COULD have been Kurse

Old 04-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #458
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Finally getting back to this nice long juicy post of yours, Jaqua. Since you are guaranteeing my satisfaction, will you refund the price of my ticket if I hate the film? Har, har.

I'm not a reader of the comics and realize I need to be open to Loki's portrayal. Just can't help getting sentimental sometimes over the lost and vulnerable sides of Loki that we saw in earlier parts of the first film. [Wipes tear from eye while ducking Jaqua's shoes]

Judging from the trailer, I'm psyched for this movie. It looks grand all around.
I know, but I am saying, the lost and vulnerable side isnt what's great about him. As long as you keep your eyes open, I am sure you will find more satisfaction about the character. He's just a very, very interesting villain, that's how it goes

Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #459
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
The best villains are ones that the fans love and want to see back. You sympathize with Loki, because Odin really did misuse him.

There's some villains like say... Joffrey Barathian from Game of Thrones, where you just want to see the little **** get stabbed through the chest. To me those villains aren't as compelling as the ones that you never want to go away.

I think Hiddleston's Loki and McKellum's Magneto are two that rise to the top in the films that have been done about Marvel characters.

Old 04-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #460
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
The best villains are ones that the fans love and want to see back. You sympathize with Loki, because Odin really did misuse him.

There's some villains like say... Joffrey Barathian from Game of Thrones, where you just want to see the little **** get stabbed through the chest. To me those villains aren't as compelling as the ones that you never want to go away.

I think Hiddleston's Loki and McKellum's Magneto are two that rise to the top in the films that have been done about Marvel characters.
I now have a mental image of Loki screwing around with Westeros and showing them how to play The Game with his flavor/version of godly mischief and chaos thrown in.... pretty amusing mental picture

~Agents of SHIELD
Silvermoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #461
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjölnir View Post
Yes. It feels like Malekith will seem like a strong threat from the start and when things start to go somewhat the heroes' way Kurse will be there to make it worse.
Yeah it's already looking like Malekith is going to be a good match for Thor, so Kurse will almost seem like overkill. So I think it's pretty safe to say that Thor's going to have to pull out the big guns this time around.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #462
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, I just love the fact that the villains that Thor are getting won't require much CGI this time around (in terms of creating their appearance) since it just looks so much more natural (and dare I say, cooler) to see Thor fighting villains that look real, as opposed to the CGI enhanced Frost Giants (due to their sizes) or the Mo-Cap Chitauri members.

Hell, the shots of Thor fighting in the midst of a huge battleground where a seemingly all out war is going on around him, where most of the environment is for once, not CGI, let alone most of the people on set there, is just such a EPIC shot to behold.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:30 PM   #463
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:

Yes, Joffrey is the one we love to hate in GoT!
I absolutely love villains who have a personal thing with the hero. Let's say Doctor Doom who thinks Reed Richard has ruined not only his carreer, but also his entire life and face. With Loki it's even better! Cause he hates Thor since their childhood and he has very personal issues with his half brother. The fact that they are half brothers alone is awesome for itself, but then there is the jealousy, the hatered and rivalry that comes with that. It's a very personal thing between them. The Enchantress has a similar problem with Thor, due to her broken heart and the love she won't get from her loved one. Those are the best villains to me, cause their hate goes far deeper than the hate of the regular villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
On another note, I just love the fact that the villains that Thor are getting won't require much CGI this time around (in terms of creating their appearance) since it just looks so much more natural (and dare I say, cooler) to see Thor fighting villains that look real, as opposed to the CGI enhanced Frost Giants (due to their sizes) or the Mo-Cap Chitauri members.

Hell, the shots of Thor fighting in the midst of a huge battleground where a seemingly all out war is going on around him, where most of the environment is for once, not CGI, let alone most of the people on set there, is just such a EPIC shot to behold.
Yeah, that was one of the most EPIC scenes in a movie I have ever seen!!! Mjölnir flies back to Thor thru the dust. The look in his face when he catched it. Awesome!

Lady_Sif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:04 PM   #464
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

Hell yeah

That looks much better than any battle we've seen Thor in so far, I hope it has better action than the Jotunhiem battle as well. You gotta admit that even with the GGI the Jotunhiem battle was great, so imagine if the battles in this film are even better.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
BigThor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:19 PM   #465
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Loki is actually in his own category at this point. He's been the villain in two movies, including the gigantic crossover, and somehow he's emerged as one of the most beloved characters... LoL

And he's back for more fun this Fall.

That is pretty awesome.

Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:37 PM   #466
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flemm View Post
I think Loki is actually in his own category at this point. He's been the villain in two movies, including the gigantic crossover, and somehow he's emerged as one of the most beloved characters... LoL

And he's back for more fun this Fall.

That is pretty awesome.

I'd say he's still a tad below Magneto at this point. Give it another film or two.

Old 04-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #467
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
I'd say he's still a tad below Magneto at this point. Give it another film or two.
yeah, although Loki has this charmingly sweet grin which is a power for itself hehe. Beat that, Magneto!

Old 04-30-2013, 11:54 PM   #468
Flemm
Side-Kick

Quote:
As a villain? Maybe. But as a character? I think Loki is already more unique. I don't think McKellum's Magneto ever generated the kind of excitement that Hiddleston's Loki does. People don't only relate to him as the villain. Sex appeal is a big part of that, sure, but hell, so many actors and actresses are incredibly good-looking, it can't be only that.

Last edited by Flemm; 04-30-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Flemm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #469
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

maybe the FOX appeal? as in give up the franchise? lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #470
Lady_Sif
Goddess of Asgard

Quote:
As a villain? Maybe. But as a character? I think Loki is already more unique. I don't think McKellum's Magneto ever generated the kind of excitement that Hiddleston's Loki does. People don't only relate to him as the villain. Sex appeal is a big part of that, sure, but hell, so many actors and actresses are incredibly good-looking, it can't be only that.
Tom is having a very charming charisma, this is what makes him so loveable. Magneto is a great bad guy and all that, but he is not having this certain smile on his face when he does what he does. And that's what makes Loki appeal more. This big grin full of charmingly mishief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
maybe the FOX appeal? as in give up the franchise? lol
That's a biiiiiiiig minus for the X Men, yes. They are still with FOX. *yuck*

Old 05-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #471
warriorking
Side-Kick

For those looking for the music to the Trailer teaser here it is..
http://www.amazon.com/Helios/dp/B00A...eywords=helios

Track 3

warriorking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #472
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

THAT sounds so cool

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 12:20 PM   #473
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
actually that is most what it is. I still prefer McKellum's magneto to Loki..idk what it is, but there's something about him that loki doesn't have yet

Old 05-10-2013, 12:59 PM   #474
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
actually that is most what it is. I still prefer McKellum's magneto to Loki..idk what it is, but there's something about him that loki doesn't have yet
They are probably my two favorite villains in superhero movies this far (includes both McKellen's and Fassbender's versions), maybe together with Ledger's Joker, and I find them to be fairly equal as characters. Neither of the two are directly evil villains but have complex personalities and experiences that have put them on the opposing side.

Loki has become more of an icon and more of a draw for his franchise it seems though. Probably because he has more of a roguish charm as he enjoys things he does, while Magneto has more gravitas and does more out of believed necessity.

Mjölnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #475
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorking View Post
For those looking for the music to the Trailer teaser here it is..
http://www.amazon.com/Helios/dp/B00A...eywords=helios

Track 3
thank you good sir

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote