The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: Best 3rd movie in a CBM so far?
Superman III 0 0%
Batman Forever 2 1.57%
The Crow: Salvation 1 0.79%
Blade: Trinity 0 0%
X-Men: The Last Stand 1 0.79%
Spiderman 3 2 1.57%
Transformers: Dark Of The Moon 0 0%
The Dark Knight Rises 78 61.42%
Iron Man 3 43 33.86%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #26
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Default Re: Best 3rd movie in a CBM franchise so far?

I'm not defending a movie that I hate but in this instance Tony was in shock for a few moments, then Killian made a remark about how he would have caught her, then Tony starts running straight at him which Killian does likewise. Not exactly getting the complaint, especially when there's so many more worthwhile things to complain about in that movie.

Old 05-10-2013, 09:06 PM   #27
def28
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #28
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
TDK sucked ass, IMO.
And some people are of the opinion the Holocaust never happened so...

Sorry, just had to throw that in there I know some people aren't fans of TDK and that's fine. I just had to razzle you a bit.

For me, I'd probably still give it to TDKR. While still being a flawed movie, it was quite good. And the Nolan batman trilogy is one of the strongest film trilogies out there, let alone comic film.

IM3 was pretty solid, and I didn't really mind the twist. The issues I had with it was the shifting tones, and while I liked the PTSD thing they were exploring, they didn't really find a good way to give Tony what I thought was solid closure on it. I think TDKR was a more complete film, it just had some rather stupid decisions in there. Like the fact that a malnourished ten year old girl could make a jump that full grown men couldn't...because she was scared. I'm sorry, but if I scare the crap out of my 9 year old brother he won't suddenly become a world class long jumper.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #29
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

TDKR and Iron Man 3 both had their problems, but Iron Man 3 was waaaaaaay more entertaining.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
JB-the-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #30
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squaremaster316 View Post
Tony knew exactly where Killian was when Pepper fell into the fire, literally within sight.

IF he was even remotely in character, in the heat of the moment, when he went straight for him, he should have wanted to turn his face into a pile of featureless gore. Here, he just went "huh".

I know they're trying to make this series the light-hearted antithesis of the TDK franchise, but an action like that makes this series more "cold and distant" than anything from that trilogy that people made similar claims over.

In Spider-Man TAS, Spider-man put all jokes aside to make the Goblin pay for what he supposedly did to Mary Jane, and he's one of the most notorious wise crackers in CB lore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oD3ILfkuC-Y
Tony Stark had a very reasonable look on his face after witnessing Pepper falling to her supposed death and then trying to get right back into the game of defeating Killian. Sorry, but I just find this all useless nitpicking for the sake of it. I wasn't a fan of IM3, but Tony's reaction to Pepper's fall and supposed death were fine.

Quote:
TDK sucked ass, IMO.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #31
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Agreed on Tony's reaction. Aside from "The prodigal son returns", what wisecracks are some people even talking about? There were funny beats after Pepper's fall, but they weren't from Tony making light of it.

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:54 AM   #32
bullets
bang bang

I voted IM3 in this thread and TDKR in the other. Gotta spread the love.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #33
Superheropod

Gotta be IM3. While not the most amazing movie, it has the fun elements I want in a comic movie. Plus the greatest twist in comic movie history.

Please stop being depressing DKR. I like my life and don't want to kill myself.

Superhero Movie Podcast

Please listen to our podcast!
@superheropod
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...st/id610032358

Superheropod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #34
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises are the only good 3rd movies, period. I'm going to have to watch them back to back to decide which I like better.

I thought Iron Man 3 was a more entertaining film, though I felt The Dark Knight Rises was a better trilogy closer. IM3 felt like just another installment with a tacked on "So, I got surgery, and I'm not Iron Man anymore." scene in the last 5 minutes to give it a feeling of being "wrapped up."

KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #35
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Loki can brainwash Tony with ease later

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #36
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superheropod View Post
Gotta be IM3. While not the most amazing movie, it has the fun elements I want in a comic movie. Plus the greatest twist in comic movie history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Loki can brainwash Tony with ease later

It does make his arc reactor just some silly plot device now that it saved Tony from Loki, but he ended up taking it out the very next film.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #37
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

^True, lol
You unraveled a spoiler dude, mask it

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-12-2013, 05:21 PM   #38
Anno_Domini
Banned User

People should have seen IM3 to even vote here, so I don't think it's necessary to hide spoilers.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:26 PM   #39
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises are the only good 3rd movies, period. I'm going to have to watch them back to back to decide which I like better.

I thought Iron Man 3 was a more entertaining film, though I felt The Dark Knight Rises was a better trilogy closer. IM3 felt like just another installment with a tacked on "So, I got surgery, and I'm not Iron Man anymore." scene in the last 5 minutes to give it a feeling of being "wrapped up."
Yeah i agree i saw what they were doing there but i mean come on did anyone believe it? We all know he's gonna be back as Iron Man for A2 so i mean all we have to expect is the old "oh they're dragging me back in" scene that's sure to follow in that film.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #40
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Hmm, too bad the comics weren't followed very closely otherwise we could have Rhodey take over for Tony as Iron Man in TA2 for a bit until the cybernetic systems in his armor that weren't calibrated for the new user begin to make him go insane and require Tony to suit up again and reclaim the mantle of Iron Man and stop his BFF. But no, we had to rush the War Machine stuff because he looks cool and that was/is popular. If they did it now it'dcome off as contrived and have people asking why this didn't happen before since he's been in suits for 2 movies now.

Old 05-13-2013, 03:43 AM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

IM3 already raised questions, such as...

"Why didn't Tony call up Dr. Wu to get his mini arc reactor removed as well as the shrapnel since it was messing him up in IM2?"

But, wait, wait...Tony had to have the mini arc reactor so he wouldn't be controlled by Loki in The Avengers

Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #42
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
People should have seen IM3 to even vote here, so I don't think it's necessary to hide spoilers.
Still, hide spoilers

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #43
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

That film came out over a week ago in the US and over two weeks ago everywhere else. No spoiler tags is fair game now.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:38 PM   #44
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

For me it has to be TDKR. And that's more by default, because it's the only one of the 3rd movies that didn't leave me feeling really disappointed. I didn't like Spider-Man 3 at all, and hated the Mandarin plot twist in IM3.

Quote:
I feel the same way actually. With Iron Man 2, I don't think it could've been a better trilogy than TDK trilogy, but for that first hour, IM3 was really rising up to the occasion on possibly being a better third outing.

The film's idea should've been Mandarin really being Ben Kingsley and he bought Killian's Extremis project and using the "bad ones" as bombs for the Ten Rings without Killian knowing that Mandarin is really doing this, just him being caught up that someone bought his project and is caring for it, something Stark was never into at all, nor was Potts from their conversation earlier in the film.
Yep. I agree with this. IM3 was advertised before as Tony facing an enemy that was so relentless, and the trailers portrayed the Mandarin in this way. I wanted the Mandarin to be someone who forced Tony back into that cave and stripped him of all his assets and everything he used to rely upon. I wanted him to almost break Tony in the way that Bane did with Bruce (but not necessarily crippling him in that way).

So TDKR is the only one where I felt a sense of resolution and satisfaction at how it ended. I came out of the theatre happy that Bruce was with Selina and had found some kind of closure.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:52 AM   #45
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
That film came out over a week ago in the US and over two weeks ago everywhere else. No spoiler tags is fair game now.
I bet less than half the hype saw it

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-14-2013, 10:37 AM   #46
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
I'm not defending a movie that I hate but in this instance Tony was in shock for a few moments, then Killian made a remark about how he would have caught her, then Tony starts running straight at him which Killian does likewise. Not exactly getting the complaint, especially when there's so many more worthwhile things to complain about in that movie.
Ah, may have been my memory then, I was still hoping for more of a reaction from Tony though, as the love of his life just died. But oh well, it was my only real complaint about the movie, other than the rather rushed ending.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:13 PM   #47
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I bet less than half the hype saw it
Then they have no right to be voting on this poll as well as even look through it, so hiding spoilers in a thread that's also a poll asking which is the best 3rd installment, IM3 included, would be pointless.

Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM   #48
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Then they have no right to be voting on this poll as well as even look through it, so hiding spoilers in a thread that's also a poll asking which is the best 3rd installment, IM3 included, would be pointless.
Exactly. It's on the poll. Don't go through the thread then b**** if you come across a spoiler.

Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #49
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

^I actually couldnt agree more, you shouldnt vote until you have seen them all anyway.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #50
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm ashamed to say I've seen The Crow: Salvation though