Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #551
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Default Re: The SUPERIOR Spider-Man - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
I would bet good money on SpOck still wearing the suit when ASM2 hits the theatres...

Now come to reality my good man. Peter will be back in the suit before the movie if not immediately soon after.

I'm actually one issue behind on this and the controversy has kind of jaded me to actually reading it. So far I'm enjoying the book but not nearly as much as I was when it was just Amazing Spider-Man. Mainly because of the issues of how Slott writes Otto as Spider-Man and he sounds like Otto.

But in the Avengers book and other appearances he sounds more like Peter.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #552
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
Here's an issue that I have and I've brought it up before. A ghost by definition is the spirit of a dead person. To use the reference "Ghost Peter", IMO is wrong. Peter Parker is not dead.He still has a living body and brain. I still go back to spirit or ectoplasmic Peter. SpOck wiped out Peter in a computer not in essence. And as I said before, in computer language delete does not mean destroyed.
As far as Peter and the little girl, Peter was not only facing a moral decision but a life and death situation as well.Here he's been doing everything in his power to get his physical body back and he's got to make a choice between the little girl and his life. Self preservation will always kick in. But ultimately self sacrifice(hesitation-guilt) wins out with Peter.It also serves as the whole that all bad guys know they can run a truck through ie,conscience-something they don't have.
Spidey rules

Last edited by Donald Thomas; 05-09-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #553
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
As long as "Peter" has a Ph.D and keeps a well paying job before Ock is exorcised, I'll be happy.
Aloha,
He deserves the Ph.D. Whether he keeps a good paying job or not depends.To be Spider-Man he needs a job that allows him as much flexibility as possible. That's why I mentioned once before that since Peter knows T Stark and Mr Fantastic as well as T'Challa, maybe he could do "contract work" that would allow him to do his Spidey thing as long as he got his work out within an established deadline.9 to 5 Peter-NO WAY!
Spidey rules

Old 05-10-2013, 08:02 AM   #554
Thwip!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
Here's an issue that I have and I've brought it up before. A ghost by definition is the spirit of a dead person. To use the reference "Ghost Peter", IMO is wrong. Peter Parker is not dead.He still has a living body and brain. I still go back to spirit or ectoplasmic Peter. SpOck wiped out Peter in a computer not in essence. And as I said before, in computer language delete does not mean destroyed.
As far as Peter and the little girl, Peter was not only facing a moral decision but a life and death situation as well.Here he's been doing everything in his power to get his physical body back and he's got to make a choice between the little girl and his life. Self preservation will always kick in. But ultimately self sacrifice(hesitation-guilt) wins out with Peter.It also serves as the whole that all bad guys know they can run a truck through ie,conscience-something they don't have.
Spidey rules
I've been using "Force Ghost Peter"...because....you know....THE WARS

Old 05-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #555
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I bought all the issues to this yesterday, and while I still have two more to read before I'm fully caught up, I am loving this series.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #556
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I also might be applying too much logic to a comic book, but another issue that has kept me from out right loving this. Is exactly the fact that Peter has started talking more like Otto and the villains are the ones that notice it more than Peter's family and friends.

Like you'd think Mary Jane, Aunt May, Carlie, etc would be wondering why Peter started talking like he has. It just rings false to me that they'd be the ones in the dark.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #557
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

http://marvel.com/news/story/20617/s...spider_reunite

Superior Spider-Man Team Up #2 cover

Scarlet Spider #20 cover

Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #558
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
I also might be applying too much logic to a comic book, but another issue that has kept me from out right loving this. Is exactly the fact that Peter has started talking more like Otto and the villains are the ones that notice it more than Peter's family and friends.

Like you'd think Mary Jane, Aunt May, Carlie, etc would be wondering why Peter started talking like he has. It just rings false to me that they'd be the ones in the dark.
MJ has had her WTF moments with Peter... and Carlie certainly has an eye open...

Even the people at Horizons have basically started to think that Peter has somehow elevated his own status...

And Aunt May would never notice, because SpOck has a soft spot for her and will treat her nice...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Old 05-10-2013, 01:29 PM   #559
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenomSpawn View Post

Scarlet Spider #20 cover

Man... those look pretty sweet...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 05-10-2013, 01:38 PM   #560
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

Quote:
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #15
DAN SLOTT (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
“Run, Goblin, Run!” Part 1 of 2
• What’s it like to be a villain in the Marvel Universe...once the Superior Spider-Man sets his sights on you?
• Find out, from Phil Urich’s point of view, in what might be the final days of the Hobgoblin.
• Plus, what is the secret of “The Tinkerer’s Apprentice”? Who’s been helping the Terrible Tinkerer? And how is he, of all people, the reason everything in Spider-Man’s life will be changed forever?!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote:
SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #16
DAN SLOTT (W) • HUMBERTO RAMOS (A/C)
“Run, Goblin, Run!” Part 2 of 2
• How has the Hobgoblin evaded the Superior Spider-Man for so long? And does that hold the key to the Superior Spider-Man’s greatest success -- or greatest failure? It’s the end of the line for Hobgoblin, and possibly an end for a big chapter in the history of Spider-Man.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
I'm loving the new Spidey suit.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #561
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Holy hell.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #562
VenomSpawn
WAAAAAAAAA

And like I posted in the Scarlet Spider thread, in that Marvel article I linked says that apparently the solicits for Scarlet Spider 21 say that Kaine is going to be meeting up with none other than Ben Reilly.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #563
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

The new suit looks awesome. God, I love this book. I wouldn't mind Peter staying gone for a loooong time.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:45 PM   #564
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
I wouldn't say I 'called it', but I definitely mentioned the possibility of Sp-Ock going back to mechanical limbs, but using something similar to Iron Spider's limbs. I like the new suit for the most part and the spider legs are quite nice. It's like Ben Reilly meets the Alex Ross design with a dash of Iron Spider.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-10-2013, 02:52 PM   #565
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Maybe that's why I like it so much, I really dug the Iron Spider suit too.

Old 05-10-2013, 02:57 PM   #566
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
MJ has had her WTF moments with Peter... and Carlie certainly has an eye open...

Even the people at Horizons have basically started to think that Peter has somehow elevated his own status...

And Aunt May would never notice, because SpOck has a soft spot for her and will treat her nice...
I'm aware...

But..

It's not enough like they seem dimwitted and slow to catch on. Because the clear difference in character between Peter and Otto is outstanding. That it'd seem like it'd be an overwhelming change.

That would immediately make anyone go ''WHOA. Yeah. That's not Peter. It can't be." and the only person that really seems to have reached that level is Carlie and that's just feels like Slott's usual favoritism towards her.

Even the whole issue with The Avengers almost catching on then not...felt off.

That combined with the way only certain writers write SpideyOck like Slott does seems like this is going on way longer than it really should. This would've been nice for like a short arc, but as an ongoing there's just far too many issues to keep it going at the rate it's going.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:43 PM   #567
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

The only thing that bugs me about the new suit are the trainer effect on the feet. It seems too much like the trainer effect on the ASM movie suit which I didn't like either. I do think the costume needs more going on in the boots or leg department, but the little trainer effect is just off-putting. Everything else looks interesting so far though.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:45 PM   #568
Themanofbat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
I'm aware...

But..

It's not enough like they seem dimwitted and slow to catch on. Because the clear difference in character between Peter and Otto is outstanding. That it'd seem like it'd be an overwhelming change.

That would immediately make anyone go ''WHOA. Yeah. That's not Peter. It can't be." and the only person that really seems to have reached that level is Carlie and that's just feels like Slott's usual favoritism towards her.

Even the whole issue with The Avengers almost catching on then not...felt off.

That combined with the way only certain writers write SpideyOck like Slott does seems like this is going on way longer than it really should. This would've been nice for like a short arc, but as an ongoing there's just far too many issues to keep it going at the rate it's going.
I'm not disagreeing with you...

I also think that most of the people that knows Peter/Spider-Man would think something is up...

In regards to the Avengers, while it would appear that his behaviour is "off-putting" (to say the least), admittedly, they all have blood on their hands, and in their point of view, Spidey's behaviour changed after the death of his greatest enemy, Dr. Octopus, so maybe they're thinking that he's "dealing with things" differently...

I know it's a stretch, but I could see that...

Obviously, since shooting Massacre, MJ should not believe that is Peter Parker, though having said that, we haven't seen MJ at all since the Massacre killing...

it's all going to catch up with SpOck at some point... but until then, Slott and Marvel will tell stories that have been pretty good... and until the sales drop affects the book, then we'll see the switch... and as a writer, it's a unique opportunity to write a beloved character with his greatest enemy in control...

So have fun and enjoy the ride. :up;

Old 05-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #569
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
The only thing that bugs me about the new suit are the trainer effect on the feet. It seems too much like the trainer effect on the ASM movie suit which I didn't like either. I do think the costume needs more going on in the boots or leg department, but the little trainer effect is just off-putting. Everything else looks interesting so far though.
Is there a diff pic of the suit where you can see his feet? The 1 I see, his feet are hidden behind Hobgoblin.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #570
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal Spoons View Post
Is there a diff pic of the suit where you can see his feet? The 1 I see, his feet are hidden behind Hobgoblin.
Near the top of the page of this thread. There are a couple of more covers.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:39 PM   #571
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:

Obviously, since shooting Massacre, MJ should not believe that is Peter Parker, though having said that, we haven't seen MJ at all since the Massacre killing...
Actually, we see MJ later watching Pete beat the hell out of Joyride and Jester or whatever their names were and she says, "Peter? There's no way that's..."

MJ has noted other times Pete is not acting like Pete. Sorry not every normal human being is thinking MINDSWAP right away.

And TMOB, I know you weren't complaining but addressing JustABill. So my post wasn't aimed at you.

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 05-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #572
Spider-Gnome
The Arach-Gnome

Quote:

Scarlet Spider #20 cover

Quote:

Hoo Boy! Here we go!

The Spectacular Spider-Man:
The BEST adaptation of the Spider-Man comics in any form
Old 05-10-2013, 07:20 PM   #573
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Well, duh, to have normal citizens assume mindswap would just...not gel as well as I feel IMO the reactions to OckSpidey are gelling with me.

I don't know it's a decent book, but it just feels slightly more hokey than I assumed it would be going into it.

Perhaps it's because I assumed Ock would actually actively be trying to be Peter Parker and he's not even trying the slightest.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:54 PM   #574
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:

Oh hell yes

- The Joker
Old 05-10-2013, 07:57 PM   #575
runawayboulder
Spider-Sense...saturated