The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 10:43 AM   #701
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I'm thinking they made them that big so they have some margin for error when they put them into the live action scenes.
Probably so. Making them bigger than what you'll need because you can always scale it down. It's probably not the same for when its smaller.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 AM   #702
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I'm thinking they made them that big so they have some margin for error when they put them into the live action scenes.
pretty obvious actually, but it is that point in production where the nit picks will be abundant...

Old 05-10-2013, 11:18 AM   #703
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Just came across this. What it could potentially look like with tiny Splinter.

I don't know if splinter would be that small, resizing him would be pretty easy. But I think he'll be shorter than the turtles as he typically is. Except for in the new show, he's a 6 ft rat in that one.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #704
StarLord

LOL!

It would hilarious if Splinter was that small.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:35 AM   #705
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Probably so. Making them bigger than what you'll need because you can always scale it down. It's probably not the same for when its smaller.
I don't know, they can turn Ruffalo in mocap, into a giant hulk with crazy proportions. All they need is some dots on a suit. Would the really need extra big shells to have some margin for errors? I mean, even if they were to use smaller shells, that wouldn't mean they can't make them bigger. After all, they'll probably put some decent amount of meat on that Donatello actor.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #706
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't know, they can turn Ruffalo in mocap, into a giant hulk with crazy proportions. All they need is some dots on a suit. Would the really need extra big shells to have some margin for errors? I mean, even if they were to use smaller shells, that wouldn't mean they can't make them bigger. After all, they'll probably put some decent amount of meat on that Donatello actor.
1. Ruffulo was doing more reference body work and mostly facial mo cap. Moreover he wasn't there doing the big stunts and big sweeping motions.

2. The hulk is just a big guy, no shell that counter balances his motion vs gravity. Moreover the shells can be kicked, landed on..etc

We're going to be getting stunts(by stuntmen) in shells, we're going to be getting turtles sitting on benches in spite of their shells.
...how much practical gear did Downey wear for cg reference..and why.

if they are going with this approach, I can see why weta insists on big shell back packs
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by Marvin; 05-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #707
Nathan

Yeah, I feel we are talking about two different things. You are talking about the practicality of wearing mocap shells for motions and physics, while I'm just talking about their physical size. I'm not saying that they are not required.

Last edited by Nathan; 05-10-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 12:13 PM   #708
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

When we see an actual CG model of one of them, then we'll know. Everything is just he say, she say right now.

Old 05-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #709
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I feel we are talking about things. You are talking about the practicality of wearing mocap shells for motions and physics, while I'm just talking about their physical size. I'm not saying that they are not required.
indeed.
On the matter of design(which mo cap suits really are no indication of imo). I'd just want something different and interesting.

Fully understanding that this is indeed cgi, and not beholden to the short comings of rubber bat suits.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #710
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

I know it's Bay and I should know better but the actors in mocap suits has me excited. This is really happening!! Please don't screw this up, Turtles are second only to Spidey with regards to favorite heroes.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #711
sweetre15
Positive Page

Did any of you read this: http://www.critiques4geeks.com/2013/...n-iconic-role/

Quote:
Well, according to a source of ours, he'll be playing Dr. Baxter Stockman, the evil scientist who creates "Mousers," little robots designed to kill sewer rats. He also transforms into a large, humanoid fly-creature after an incident he had with a transporter device.

Of course, this speculation that Fichtner would be playing the crazy scientist is far from any official confirmation, so take this as a rumor. But in the meantime, what do you guys think?

Old 05-10-2013, 03:25 PM   #712
Nathan

If true, disappointed. Don't mind a white Stockman, since there's a precedent for it, but I would have preferred black Stockman. Especially without the humanoid fly transformation. Cyborg Stockman is more awesome.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #713
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
If true, disappointed. Don't mind a white Stockman, since there's a precedent for it, but I would have preferred black Stockman. Especially without the humanoid fly transformation. Cyborg Stockman is more awesome.
Agreed. I really wanted to a black Stockman, but Fitchner will give a great performance nonetheless.

I figured that there was a good chance he was Stockman. Stockman was featured in the original script.

But as it said, theres no confirmation but Stockman is definitely an iconic TMNT character.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #714
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i'd rather have a white Stockman than a white Shredder

based off this bit of info, it really seems that this movie will be based more on the 80s animated series with Vernon in it and now a white Stockman

Old 05-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #715
terry78

That's what has me interested. It means they're going to delve into the sci-fi and maybe alternate dimension/space travel aspects the comics and tv show took on.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:10 PM   #716
Nathan

I have to say I enjoyed the 80's cartoon a lot as a kid, but after the movie in 1990, the comics and the new cartoon in 2003, it's pretty much at the bottom of my favorite Turtles media. So in other words, I hope they don't take too much from it. I don't mind a happy blend of everything that came before, but if this is going to be mostly based on the 80's cartoon, I'm even less enthusiastic than I already am.

Old 05-10-2013, 04:12 PM   #717
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

The Original script was HEAVILY influenced by the 80s series and it seems as though it didn't lose that after the rewrite, with April working at Channel 6 and Vern, a character from the 86 series, being featured.

Also, it featured a ****load of classic characters. Shredder, Kraang, Stockman and the mousers, and Bebop and Rocksteady.

Though I admit, it would make space in the future for characters the fugitoid and the triceratons

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-10-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #718
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

I've known about Baxter being turned into a fly of sorts but not that it was related to a transporter-device. So, "The Fly" with Goldblum was inspired by Stockman or the other way around?

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 05-10-2013, 04:28 PM   #719
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
I've known about Baxter being turned into a fly of sorts but not that it was related to a transporter-device. So, "The Fly" with Goldblum was inspired by Stockman or the other way around?
the other way around. The Fly with Jeff Goldblum was a remake of a 1958 film of the same name.

The Stockman character turning into a fly was more inspired by the original than the remake.

Stockman

The Fly (1958)

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #720
gohei_
Infected by Pentapox

Ah yes, I forgot that it was a remake of an older film..

I ask her during dinner, what's her top 3 favorite movies. If she doesn't list Star Wars as at least #2. I excuse myself to the bathroom and crawl out the window. :up:
Old 05-10-2013, 10:28 PM   #721
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

New set videos!

We get to hear some lines from the Turtles themselves.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 05-10-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:29 PM   #722
terry78

Haha, this will work.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:56 PM   #723
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Cant wait to see the finished turtles. Its pretty neat seeing the motion capture actors and imagining what they are going to look like

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #724
Astro13Zombie
Exterminate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
Cant wait to see the finished turtles. Its pretty neat seeing the motion capture actors and imagining what they are going to look like
Same.
Hoping for something like this personally.

Old 05-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #725
Nathan

Oh god... Mikey is terrifying in that last pic.

Closed Thread