The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #576
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,509
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
It's common for folks who are gaining mass to think that their bodies aren't supposed to be as big as they are getting, and then continue to gain and maintain that mass?
yes

peterparker0077 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM   #577
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,782
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
It's common for folks who are gaining mass to think that their bodies aren't supposed to be as big as they are getting, and then continue to gain and maintain that mass?

*Comment rescinded due to peterparker0077 victory (see below)
Hmmm well while training a couple years ago I was having shoulder problems. My doctor was saying my shoulder was getting too large and was asking why I was lifting so much 0.o.... I let it rest for a bit and then went back at it

ctsketch is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #578
peterparker0077
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: tampa, fl
Posts: 1,509
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

btw, if anyone is interested on what he actually did for TFA, a similar rountine is broken down to the 5 day schedule and easy to follow here:

http://www.strengthandfitnesstips.co...ptain-america/

Make sure to read all of it though, including diets and such.

peterparker0077 is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #579
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,782
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterparker0077 View Post
btw, if anyone is interested on what he actually did for TFA, a similar rountine is broken down to the 5 day schedule and easy to follow here:

http://www.strengthandfitnesstips.co...ptain-america/

Make sure to read all of it though, including diets and such.
My shoulders and back hurt just from reading back day. I do mostly compound movements, the worst being barbell thrusters of course.

ctsketch is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 08:41 PM   #580
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 75
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

So, how about that plot? Or them awesome characters? How about how rough this entire film is gonna be for poor Steve? How are they going to balance out everything in this film? Is the arrow necklace a little easter egg thing? How much backstory are we gonna get on Fury? How cool is Falcon looking? Are we gonna see some set pics of VanCamp any time soon?

Basically can we talk about anything other than Chris Evans' body for a while? Pretty please?

Sneakronicity is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 09:46 PM   #581
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,329
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
Basically can we talk about anything other than Chris Evans' body for a while? Pretty please?
Nope!!!

So...Chris's left pinky isn't as big as it was in Cap I, he's really pissing me off...

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #582
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
So, how about that plot? Or them awesome characters? How about how rough this entire film is gonna be for poor Steve? How are they going to balance out everything in this film? Is the arrow necklace a little easter egg thing? How much backstory are we gonna get on Fury? How cool is Falcon looking? Are we gonna see some set pics of VanCamp any time soon?

Basically can we talk about anything other than Chris Evans' body for a while? Pretty please?
I am interested in how they're going to connect Agent 13 and Winter Soldier to the SHIELD conspiracy and Nick Fury role in the film. Also, what Winter Soldier's mission is. Seeing as the story takes place in DC, I have to imagine it will be an assassination attempt on the president.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #583
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym
 
Son of Coul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,517
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

If that's the case, it seems poor President Ellis can't catch a damn break.

Son of Coul is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #584
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I am interested in how they're going to connect Agent 13 and Winter Soldier to the SHIELD conspiracy and Nick Fury role in the film. Also, what Winter Soldier's mission is. Seeing as the story takes place in DC, I have to imagine it will be an assassination attempt on the president.
Well, Agent 13 is a SHIELD agent.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 12:52 AM   #585
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

But that doesn't explain what her role in the plot is. Nick Fury is a SHIELD agent too but we don't know what role he will play. Same with Pierce. It's obvious she's not on Cap's team (or at least they're not saying) judging from what Mackie said and one of the writers said it would be a spoiler to reveal how involved Sharon is in the plot.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #586
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
But that doesn't explain what her role in the plot is. Nick Fury is a SHIELD agent too but we don't know what role he will play. Same with Pierce. It's obvious she's not on Cap's team (or at least they're not saying) judging from what Mackie said and one of the writers said it would be a spoiler to reveal how involved Sharon is in the plot.
I had heard what Mackie said, but what did one of the writers say?

I have no idea what he role will be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's included mostly as a nod to the comics.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:36 AM   #587
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,781
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I had heard what Mackie said, but what did one of the writers say?

I have no idea what he role will be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's included mostly as a nod to the comics.
But I doubt Marvel would have put so much effort and time into casting that role if it was such a small part. I think she'll be introduced and have an action scene or two in TWS (sort of like Cobie Maria Hill in TA) but I think her biggest parts will come in whatever future MCU movies she appears in again.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 AM   #588
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
But I doubt Marvel would have put so much effort and time into casting that role if it was such a small part. I think she'll be introduced and have an action scene or two in TWS (sort of like Cobie Maria Hill in TA) but I think her biggest parts will come in whatever future MCU movies she appears in again.
I'm honestly not sure if Marvel put that much effort into casting her, though.

Like, at least three actresses "rumored" for the part turned out not to have known anything about it.

I also doubt the wisdom of casting her in this if her biggest roles would only come later. This is the movie to establish Captain America as a franchise in the present, so if Natasha is made the lead, only could expect she'll continue to be so in future movies.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:12 AM   #589
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
I had heard what Mackie said, but what did one of the writers say?

I have no idea what he role will be. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's included mostly as a nod to the comics.
One of the writers was being interviewed and the interviewer asked could he tell him how big a role Agent 13 would have and he was acting like well, to tell you that would be a spoiler.

EDIT: Here's the interview

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/04/chris...inter-soldier/

Quote:
N: So, you mentioned the casting, we’re all very excited for the revelation that Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow is going to play a prominent role, but I’m curious – how prominently can we expect Emily Van Camp’s Sharon Carter to factor into things?
SM: Uhhh…
CM: No comment.
SM: Probably no comment.


Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-11-2013 at 03:17 AM.
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #590
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,781
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
One of the writers was being interviewed and the interviewer asked could he tell him how big a role Agent 13 would have and he was acting like well, to tell you that would be a spoiler.

EDIT: Here's the interview

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/04/chris...inter-soldier/
Hadn't seen that before. Their answer could just be the standard Marvel response but that interview makes me think her part is bigger than what I had initially guessed. I'm not sure what the point would be to stay mum on a story point like that if it wasn't something important to the movie's plot.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:40 AM   #591
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

I feel like she's going to be in disguise or acting as a villain under cover. That's the only way to explain why they didn't want to say how prominent her role is. And it makes sense from the perspective of the comics, since that's how she was played up in some earlier issues of Cap/Tales of Suspense.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:13 AM   #592
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,198
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakronicity View Post
So, how about that plot? Or them awesome characters? How about how rough this entire film is gonna be for poor Steve? How are they going to balance out everything in this film? Is the arrow necklace a little easter egg thing? How much backstory are we gonna get on Fury? How cool is Falcon looking? Are we gonna see some set pics of VanCamp any time soon?

Basically can we talk about anything other than Chris Evans' body for a while? Pretty please?
Yeah, I seem to have missed pages and pages of stuff from yet another guy who is bigger/works out more than Chris. And someone weighed him because they know that he's exactly 12 lbs. lighter than before.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 06:29 AM   #593
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
One of the writers was being interviewed and the interviewer asked could he tell him how big a role Agent 13 would have and he was acting like well, to tell you that would be a spoiler.

EDIT: Here's the interview

http://www.nerdist.com/2013/04/chris...inter-soldier/
The "uhhh....no comment" could be in response to the fact that the reporter specifically said "Emily VanCamp's Sharon Carter." It still hasn't been confirmed that she's Sharon Carter, so he could've been hedging his bets with the Marvel Snipers; or it could be that the reporter, like most of us, made an assumption that isn't the case. i.e., EVC's Agent 13 might not be Sharon Carter. (I'm starting to lean a little more towards MCU Agent 13 = Carol Danvers. But it's a slight lean.)

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:09 AM   #594
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 75
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

That kinda what I get out of that quote too. If VanCamp is really playing Sharon Carter why is nobody calling her that? It just seems very strange to keep a character's name secret if there's no reason to.

Sneakronicity is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 AM   #595
Caboose
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 355
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The "uhhh....no comment" could be in response to the fact that the reporter specifically said "Emily VanCamp's Sharon Carter." It still hasn't been confirmed that she's Sharon Carter, so he could've been hedging his bets with the Marvel Snipers; or it could be that the reporter, like most of us, made an assumption that isn't the case. i.e., EVC's Agent 13 might not be Sharon Carter. (I'm starting to lean a little more towards MCU Agent 13 = Carol Danvers. But it's a slight lean.)
I would be totally okay with that.

Caboose is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #596
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,312
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The "uhhh....no comment" could be in response to the fact that the reporter specifically said "Emily VanCamp's Sharon Carter." It still hasn't been confirmed that she's Sharon Carter, so he could've been hedging his bets with the Marvel Snipers; or it could be that the reporter, like most of us, made an assumption that isn't the case. i.e., EVC's Agent 13 might not be Sharon Carter. (I'm starting to lean a little more towards MCU Agent 13 = Carol Danvers. But it's a slight lean.)
Actually, I'm starting to see that.

I've seen a lot of talk about how we don't see or hear anything about her because Marvel is trying to keep things on the hush-hush. It could be that they want the revelation that she's Peggy's niece to be a surprise.

But if they're doing that, then why call her Agent 13? Comics fans know who that is, and news would spread easily. If they really wanted to keep it hidden, then they would have given the character another codename.

So it could be a red herring.

Could it be Carol? I think EVC would be kinda young, but it is a possibility. Marvel certainly took their time casting her, and Sharon isn't a role you'd imagine being that hard to cast unless she was in the running for a spot on the Avengers.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #597
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Well, here's the thing.
As fanboys, we all know that Agent 13 = Sharon Carter. We all know that Sharon Carter is Cap's main squeeze, and EVC was definitely cast for "the love interest." So, common sense says yeah: Sharon Carter.

But looking at it in a film from the general audience's eyes, Sharon Carter looks like Black Widow in a white jumpsuit; and more than a few people in this very thread expressed (pretty vocally) that Cap dating a Peggy Carter relative has an "ick" factor (I personally don't see it, since they're several generations removed, and other things, but hey, apparently some people have a problem with it).

So that's two potential problems with introducing Sharon into the MCU: (1) redundancy to Black Widow's role, and (2) "keeping it in the family" might make some audience members a little uncomfortable with Cap's dating choices.

So, *if* those are issues that Cap's writers are having some trouble with, I could see the MCU "Agent 13" being an entirely different character than what we're expecting.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:23 AM   #598
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!
 
RockSP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,329
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
and more than a few people in this very thread expressed (pretty vocally) that Cap dating a Peggy Carter relative has an "ick" factor (I personally don't see it, since they're several generations removed, and other things
Does other things include the fact that Peggy and Cap never actually dated?

__________________
It's not Marvel and DC's place to create our stories. We create our stories. --Dwayne McDuffie

http://myth-smith.com/
RockSP is online now  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 AM   #599
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

I don't think so. Even if Van Camp weren't Sharon Carter (which is only like a 15% possibility) then I doubt of all characters she could be it will be Carol Danvers.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #600
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't think so. Even if Van Camp weren't Sharon Carter (which is only like a 15% possibility) then I doubt of all characters she could be it will be Carol Danvers.
Why not? They're already developing a script for Ms. Marvel and having her be a SHIELD agent is the easiest way to fold her into the MCU universe. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:49 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.