The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #26
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Default Re: Roger Wardell discussion thread ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Keep him locked out then. Didn't know he never posted here. People seemed to talk about him like he was a poster here.
And how would the moderators accomplish that? When people register here they don't give their real names. Wardell might already be here under some user name no one would associate with his Twitter account. He could join in the future under any conceivable name. And he has every right to since he hasn't done anything to violate the rules of this site.

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #27
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

He could be anyone of us...

Son of Coul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #28
blalex620
Comics, Books, Games

Who do you trust...

Old 03-28-2013, 04:25 PM   #29
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
He could be anyone of us...

xeno000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #30
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Could've been Alexei and he's still banned.

- CM Punk
TheVileOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #31
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Has anyone done a compilation of the stuff Wardell got right?

"Inside news: Sebastian Stan is talking with Marvel about Captain America 2......"
Right. Duh.

"Inside news: Marvel is keen on using a certain winged hero in Captain America The Winter Soldier, potentially joining the team in Avengers 2"

Common sense but still.

"Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
She does during the Malibu mansion attack.

"Inside News: Actors like Cobie Smulders, Maximiliano Hernández, and Titus Welliver will be used on the Joss Whedon Marvel TV show"

Wasn't it confirmed that Hernandez would appear and that Smulders might?

"Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns."

Pepper became an Extremis soldier and saved Tony's ass at the end of IM3.

"Inside News: Marvel is keen on atleast 2 new heroes joining in Avengers 2."

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver.

"Inside News: In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers will lead a smaller scale team including Falcon and the Black Widow."

This is interesting. It was recently revealed that TWS was 'Avengers 1.5' and Cap will be leading a team against Winter Soldier

"Inside News: The Masters of Evil will feature in The Avengers 2."

Been teased by Joss, widely-believed by fans. Wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

"Inside News: Fing Fang Foom will slither it's way into Iron Man 3 in a minor capacity."

The tattoos on Killian were basically FFF, and Shane Black + Drew
Pearce said the patterns on Mandarin's robes (glimpsed in the trailer) are meant to be Fin Fang Foom.

"Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon is in the process of storyboarded a sequence in The Avengers 2 involving a large-scale prison escape."

When talking to LokiD via PM before, he told me this was basically the first action set piece of the movie - some of the members of the Masters break out of a SHIELD prison. Strange, huh?

"Inside News: Thanos will carry on until the end of Phase 3.

Joss recently said he was saving Thanos for the 'big finale', aka A3.

Inside News: Despite assertions from Marvel to the contrary, look forward to a cameo of one Avenger appearing in Iron Man 3.

Bruce Banner appears in the post-credits scene.

I'm not saying that I believe him - he's gotten way more stuff wrong than right, and some of the stuff that is right is common sense, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 08:50 AM   #32
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Nope. If you get something wrong, you get everything wrong by default. Duh.

DrCosmic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:16 PM   #33
Intouch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
7 Aug
Will Josh Whedon's tv show be the Hulk show? Or something else all together? You'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...-first-footage

Intouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #34
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post

"Inside news: Sebastian Stan is talking with Marvel about Captain America 2......"
Right. Duh.

"Inside news: Marvel is keen on using a certain winged hero in Captain America The Winter Soldier, potentially joining the team in Avengers 2"

Common sense but still.

"Inside News: Marvel is seriously considering having Pepper Potts armour up in Iron Man 3, an idea that scrapped from the previous film"

"Inside News: Actors like Cobie Smulders, Maximiliano Hernández, and Titus Welliver will be used on the Joss Whedon Marvel TV show"

"Inside News: Pepper Potts's role in Iron Man 3 is gonna be full of suprises and unexpected turns."

"Inside News: In Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Steve Rogers will lead a smaller scale team including Falcon and the Black Widow."

This is interesting. It was recently revealed that TWS was 'Avengers 1.5' and Cap will be leading a team against Winter Soldier

Been teased by Joss, widely-believed by fans. Wouldn't be surprised if this was true.

"Inside News: Fing Fang Foom will slither it's way into Iron Man 3 in a minor capacity."

Pearce said the patterns on Mandarin's robes (glimpsed in the trailer) are meant to be Fin Fang Foom.

"Marvel Studios and Joss Whedon is in the process of storyboarded a sequence in The Avengers 2 involving a large-scale prison escape."

When talking to LokiD via PM before, he told me this was basically the first action set piece of the movie - some of the members of the Masters break out of a SHIELD prison. Strange, huh?

Inside News: Despite assertions from Marvel to the contrary, look forward to a cameo of one Avenger appearing in Iron Man 3.

I'm not saying that I believe him - he's gotten way more stuff wrong than right, and some of the stuff that is right is common sense, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.
Well done, Roger Wardell.

- CM Punk
Old 05-11-2013, 11:50 AM   #35
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Roger Wardell ‏@RogerWardell 2 May
Kang the Conquerer is the current topic of discussion over at Marvel Studios

God, I hope this turns out to be true.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative
KangConquers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:47 PM   #36
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Come on.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:50 PM   #37
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMasterCBM View Post

Right. Duh.

Common sense but still.

So, that's nice.

Now how about compiling a list of all the things that he's gotten blatantly wrong?

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:03 PM   #38
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
So, that's nice.

Now how about compiling a list of all the things that he's gotten blatantly wrong?
This.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #39
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
So, that's nice.

Why do you have to be rude? I even said in the post that he's gotten way more things wrong than right and didn't say I think he's a great source. What's wrong with pointing out he wasn't wrong the whole time?

Quote:
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #40
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

He operates in the same way fortune tellers do: by posting vague claims that have all of the right keywords, he operates in the median where a good percentage of them are bound to be correct, and if they were not, he could quantify his intentions at a later time ("I didn't mean that, but----!").

Let's face it folks: he's just another snake oil salesman.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:05 PM   #41
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
He operates in the same way fortune tellers do: by posting vague claims that have all of the right keywords, he operates in the median where a good percentage of them are bound to be correct, and if they were not, he could quantify his intentions at a later time ("I didn't mean that, but----!").

Good analogy.

While you're more than likely right, I'm a sucker for fortune tellers

Quote:
Old 05-11-2013, 10:19 PM   #42
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post

Don't forget "counting on people to remember the hits and forget the misses."

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #43
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

El Mayimbe does the same thing.

- CM Punk
Old 05-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #44
Eddie
Side-Kick

He was teased for the sequel in CA:TFA. Even the commentary track implied that the Zola experiment was meant to set the Winter Soldier up.

Kevin Feige was asked about Cap's history of sidekicks pre-Avengers. His reaction to the mention of Falcon made EVERYONE following closely assume Falcon would be in the sequel.

Favreau's said they've wanted to do this on the record. Totally predictable.

It's only logical to assume established SHIELD agents would show up in a SHIELD show.

That's pretty darn vague. Also, plot twists in a movie? No!

Of course they are. There have been a ridiculous amount of Avengers over the years. Why would they just use the same six over and over?

Well, Falcon was practically confirmed before this was said. Not that much of a stretch that Widow (another Captain America partner at times) might also be thrown in the mix. Also, Cap had a team in CA:TFA, so it makes sense for the sequel to also do that.

This rumor has been around since the first Avengers movie was in development. Again, it's a totally logical guess (we can't even confirm this one, though).

FFF is another character Favreau brought up in the past. Also, very early Kingsley stuff showed dragons.

Again, this is a logical enough guess we can't confirm. If the Masters are used they pretty much have to go this route. Abomination is known to be in captivity. Well done! A prison break certainly is a must if we get the MoE!

Some fans have speculated on this for some time, especially the ones that supported the MoE as sequel villains.

Every Marvel movie to date has had a cameo of another character.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:19 AM   #45
Victarion
Cut

In Wardell I Trust.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #46
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

There was no real minor capacity of Fin Fang Foom in Iron Man 3.

- CM Punk
Old 05-12-2013, 01:23 AM   #47
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The dragon tattoos on Killian, Mandarin's robe, etc. Not that I'm trying to defend him.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 05:12 AM   #48
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Those don't count.

- CM Punk
Old 05-12-2013, 05:54 AM   #49
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Those don't count.
Why not...?

Quote:
Old 05-12-2013, 10:13 AM   #50
Eddie
Side-Kick

The screenwriters view those as FFF references. They do actually count.

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote