The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #626
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick
 
IamtheBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beneath Wayne Manor
Posts: 3,026
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Avengers 3 is not happening till 2018 the earliest. That's why 2017 would be perfect.
But, I don't want to wait that long.

IamtheBatman is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:18 PM   #627
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
Exactly! Thank you so much for pointing this out. He spent months in the pit getting his body back into shape. One reason he was defeated so easily by Bane is he had been out of action for years. Without any physical or tactical preparation he just impulsively jumps right back into the fray. He allows himself to walk into a trap going head to head with an opponent who is superior in all aspects at that moment in time. Keep in mind that prior to TDKR release it was also said by Bale himself that a lot of Bruce's problems were also mental. Before meeting Selina he's lost all desire and shuffles through that old depressing mansion like an elderly man. Suddenly he meets this very naughty woman and starts to feel alive again.
My response to the same post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Bruce still is crippled. The explanation to how he got out of the pit and beat Bane is not evidence to him not being crippled. From the way I see it, it is either a plot hole that Bruce is able to get out of there & beat Bane for no reason because he is still being crippled or it is a plot hole that he just recovered through a method that makes the Lazarus Pit look realistic.
I never got the chance to your other message. I assumed all that because you said WB needed to catch the superhero train before it leaves so there was no time for a reboot, which implies that you think Batman wouldn't last long or be as big as he is now when comic book movies aren't that popular anymore. Basically, you implied that Batman is just a current popularity fad.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:19 PM   #628
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 47,865
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

As long as it's not 2015 I'll be happy. I just don't want the 1st ever JL film releasing anywhere near an Avengers film. Let it be the only thing of its kind at least in the 1st year of release when everything is introduced.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:21 PM   #629
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
But, I don't want to wait that long.
So you prefer a half-ass rushed JL film over one that is done as best as possible.

Not to sound rude but that is exactly why we get a lot of half-ass rushed CBM's. Studios know and take advantage of the fact that fans will eat up anything they are fed. We are starting to see this Hollywood practice ceasing to exist more and more due to TDK and Avengers; having the biggest comic book movie of all time - JL - become a half-ass rushed film that the fans just eat up will send us back in the era when that is all CBM's were.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:22 PM   #630
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,884
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
Exactly! Thank you so much for pointing this out. He spent months in the pit getting his body back into shape. One reason he was defeated so easily by Bane is he had been out of action for years. Without any physical or tactical preparation he just impulsively jumps right back into the fray. He allows himself to walk into a trap going head to head with an opponent who is superior in all aspects at that moment in time. Keep in mind that prior to TDKR release it was also said by Bale himself that a lot of Bruce's problems were also mental. Before meeting Selina he's lost all desire and shuffles through that old depressing mansion like an elderly man. Suddenly he meets this very naughty woman and starts to feel alive again.
Exactly man!

Imagine 8 years without much working out at all. The last 5 years before TDKR he probably didn't work out at all (after the energy project didn't take off he became a recluse).

That's why he failed with Bane, and he was mentally screwed up. He was over confident.

He was in the pit for 5 months. A good portion of that was spent getting in great shape. The end of the movie it was probably the equivalent to TDK Batman going toe to toe with Bane. Bane's still a monster, so even a primed Batman would have trouble, but he finished that fight and ****ed him up good. That "permission to die" line he threw back in Bane's face, you can see the fear in Bane's eyes...just as much any weak criminal back in Batman's heyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
But, I don't want to wait that long.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #631
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 47,865
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

The 1st JL can't afford to be anything but a total success. There's not going to be many chances for this. Of course I want to see it as soon as possible but much more important is that they get it right so we have a great future of JL & DC related properties for another couple of decades after that film.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #632
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I figured that would happen. But still, 2015 is safe from those little buggers.
True. 2015 doesn't really have a lot of movies lined up so far. There is a lot of space.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:40 PM   #633
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 468
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
My response to the same post:


I never got the chance to your other message. I assumed all that because you said WB needed to catch the superhero train before it leaves so there was no time for a reboot, which implies that you think Batman wouldn't last long or be as big as he is now when comic book movies aren't that popular anymore. Basically, you implied that Batman is just a current popularity fad.

LOL! I never implied Batman is a current popularity fad, I never would. You're coming to that conclusion by yourself. I'm 30 years old and I've been a huge lifelong dedicated fan since I was a child, before the Burton movie ever came out actually. Of course Batman will be rebooted one day and I look forward to that reboot when the time is right. Hot off the heels of one of the most popular adaptations of the story we've seen in the last decade isn't exactly the right time. Especially when they've created a Superman that really looks like it will mesh perfectly with this version of Batman.

Yes, I do think that they need to catch the "superhero train" before it leaves. The "Superhero Train" doesn't include Batman who's transcended the idea of being just another hero in a comic book film. As you so intelligently pointed out he's a cultural icon in the same regard as James Bond. However, in the last decade Marvel has thrown practically every A-List character they own into an onscreen adaptation. Since the Avengers the hot concept is now ensemble team up films as everyone waits for the sequel. Eventually the new will wear off that concept and I fear the superhero era, with notable characters as Batman and Superman being exceptions, will go the way of the western genre.

Dusty_Lane is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:41 PM   #634
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

We already know 2015 will have Avengers 2, Avatar 2, and Star Wars Episode 7. That's far from "a lot of space".

What does 2017 have so far that we are aware of? Nothing.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #635
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
LOL! I never implied Batman is a current popularity fad, I never would. You're coming to that conclusion by yourself. I'm 30 years old and I've been a huge lifelong dedicated fan since I was a child, before the Burton movie ever came out actually. Of course Batman will be rebooted one day and I look forward to that reboot when the time is right. Hot off the heels of one of the most popular adaptations of the story we've seen in the last decade isn't exactly the right time. Especially when they've created a Superman that really looks like it will mesh perfectly with this version of Batman.
That's what I cannot agree with but that's a topic we already discussed back and forth over and over again.

Quote:
Yes, I do think that they need to catch the "superhero train" before it leaves. The "Superhero Train" doesn't include Batman who's transcended the idea of being just another hero in a comic book film. As you so intelligently pointed out he's a cultural icon in the same regard as James Bond. However, in the last decade Marvel has thrown practically every A-List character they own into an onscreen adaptation. Since the Avengers the hot concept is now ensemble team up films as everyone waits for the sequel. Eventually the new will wear off that concept and I fear the superhero era, with notable characters as Batman and Superman being exceptions, will go the way of the western genre.
Fair enough. I understand your point a lot better now. I apologize for being a douche and jumping to a conclusion like that.

What do you think on JL for 2017 though? The superhero teamup train will probably still be around by then especially since Marvel is saving Thanos for A3, 2018 at the earliest. JL has time in 2017 to do Darkseid and take away Marvel's spotlight. A Batman reboot can be released in 2016.


Last edited by Shikamaru; 05-11-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #636
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK
 
Iceman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Londinium, North of Gaul, circa XLIII AD
Posts: 47,865
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
We already know 2015 will have Avengers 2, Avatar 2, and Star Wars Episode 7. That's far from "a lot of space".

What does 2017 have so far that we are aware of? Nothing.
Exactly. All of those have a shot at beating Avengers' worldwide gross. It's the least amount of space there's ever been in that amount of box office time. Plus Avengers 2 is about as close direct competition as you can possibly get.

__________________
Xbox GT: Miramax7000 121,677 G
Iceman is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #637
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick
 
IamtheBatman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Beneath Wayne Manor
Posts: 3,026
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

I thought James Cameron wasn't doing anymore Avatar movies.

IamtheBatman is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #638
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
We already know 2015 will have Avengers 2, Avatar 2, and Star Wars Episode 7. That's far from "a lot of space".

What does 2017 have so far that we are aware of? Nothing.

You only listed three movies. Those are big movies, but they are not a lot. 2015 does indeed have a lot of space, and JL could take up a spot. And that's if Avatar even comes out in 2015.

People will not suddenly run out of money when it's time for JL. All of these movies have a chance of making loads of money.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #639
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You only listed three movies. Those are big movies, but they are not a lot. 2015 does indeed have a lot of space, and JL could take up a spot. And that's if Avatar even comes out in 2015.

People will not suddenly run out of money when it's time for JL. All of these movies have a chance of making loads of money.
Dude, Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 are both sequels to the top 2 highest grossing films of all time. Star Wars Episode 7 is a film part of literally the biggest and most well known franchise to ever exist. There is also the final Hunger Games, if you want to count that. Even without Avatar 2, that's still a huge competition and the chances of JL being overshadowed a little are there. JL should not be overshadowed at all, even by a bit. It should be the biggest movie of the year and should come out in a year where there isn't too much competition.

You're also ignoring the fact that JL is not something you can do in just 2 years even with a script. You need to put in 4 to 5 times the amount of effort you put into MOS in order for it to not only be great but completely blow any Avengers film out of the water including one with Thanos.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #640
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Dude, Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 are both sequels to the top 2 highest grossing films of all time. Star Wars Episode 7 is a film part of literally the biggest and most well known franchise to ever exist. There is also the final Hunger Games, if you want to count that. Even without Avatar 2, that's still a huge competition and the chances of JL being overshadowed a little are there. JL should not be overshadowed at all, even by a bit. It should be the biggest movie of the year and should come out in a year where there isn't too much competition.

You're also ignoring the fact that JL is not something you can do in just 2 years even with a script. You need to put in 4 to 5 times the amount of effort you put into MOS in order for it to not only be great but completely blow any Avengers film out of the water including one with Thanos.
JL will not be overshadowed simply because of the fact that it is the JL. WB/Legendary will not take this movie lightly and it will be a huge event no matter when it chooses to release. I'm not ignoring any facts. What you are ignoring is the fact that this movie has been worked on behind the scenes for quite some time. With a rumored writer on board and a director supposedly soon to be announced, a cast can rounded up by either the end of this year of the beginning of next. JL can easily make 2015 while being the fantastic movie it needs to be, and if WB wants it to happen it will happen. Longer doesn't always mean better.

Even with all of those movies releasing, that still does not dispute my point. Like I said, people will not suddenly run out of money when it's time to go see JL. It has as much of a chance as gaining a billion in the BO as the other films you listed. You're acting like something like that isn't possible.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 05-11-2013 at 08:15 PM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #641
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 468
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
That's what I cannot agree with but that's a topic we already discussed back and forth over and over again.



Fair enough. I understand your point a lot better now. I apologize for being a douche and jumping to a conclusion like that.

What do you think on JL for 2017 though? The superhero teamup train will probably still be around by then especially since Marvel is saving Thanos for A3, 2018 at the earliest. JL has time in 2017 to do Darkseid and take away Marvel's spotlight. A Batman reboot can be released in 2016.
2016 is still only four years after TDK Trilogy ended. Though I do believe Batman and Bond are a lot alike in terms of being cultural icons that will continue to be redefined for generations, I also feel Batman needs a slightly longer cooling down period right now coming off this highly popular take that is still so freshly imbedded in our heads. Really good adaptations have a tendency to stick with us. I remember in 2004 the Batman fan community was in an uproar over a little cartoon called "The Batman". The mindset was how dare they make an animated series outside the continuity of the DCAU. How dare they use someone other than Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman! Almost ten years later they've become a lot more tolerant of this, but still there is about five minutes of disappointment when fans hear Kevin Conroy won't be used for an upcoming project. Arkham Origins being an example, despite the fact it is supposed to be a younger Batman.

I know you won't agree, but I have a harder time accepting a Batman reboot that was really created for the sole purpose of including him in what essentially is a gimmick concept, that being "superhero ensemble films". That's one of the main problems I have in taking Captain America: First Avenger and Thor seriously! It feels much more organic and authentic when the ensemble piece springs from material that was NEVER intended to set up an ensemble to begin with. Alot like how everyday life takes us in directions we never thought was possible. Bringing back Bale adds greater value to the JL project almost in the same way we fans felt about Kevin Conroy voicing Batman in the animated Justice League. Now a Batman reboot coming a few years after a shared DC Cinematic Universe (with Bale and Cavill) has definitely ended without question....Then I'll be more than ready.


Last edited by Dusty_Lane; 05-11-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Dusty_Lane is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #642
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
JL will not be overshadowed simply because of the fact that it is the JL.
If Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 had no movies prior to it, then I would agree. But now they have a more even chance against JL due to being sequels to the top 2 highest grossing films of all time. Also, there is nothing bigger than Star Wars, not even JL.

Quote:
WB/Legendary will not take this movie lightly and it will be a huge event no matter when it chooses to release.
As the marketing for Man of Steel has shown.

Quote:
I'm not ignoring any facts. What you are ignoring is the fact that this movie has been worked on behind the scenes for quite some time.
Them cluelessly going back to the drawing board over and over again because they didn't know what the heck to do partly also because they didn't care much for it prior to the success of Avengers =/= having worked on the movie for a long time. Will Beall, who apparently wrote the script, also wrote Gangster Squad which wasn't that well received.

Quote:
With a rumored writer on board and a director supposedly soon to be announced, a cast can rounded up by either the end of this year of the beginning of next. JL can easily make 2015 while being the fantastic movie it needs to be, and if WB wants it to happen it will happen. Longer doesn't always mean better.
The key word is rumored. Not any more true at the moment than the rumors that Bale is coming back. We don't know if they really have a writer on board or if they even want to do solo films after JL.

In this case, longer means better because they can put more effort into the movie. They need a lot of work on Darkseid. Doing a good Darkseid just isn't enough. They need a Darkseid so good that there is no way Marvel will be able to top it with Thanos. This is on top of the fact that WB is handicap at doing these movies to begin with.

Quote:
Even with all of those movies releasing, that still does not dispute my point. Like I said, people will not suddenly run out of money when it's time to go see JL. It has as much of a chance as gaining a billion in the BO as the other films you listed. You're acting like something like that isn't possible.
If it comes out within a month range of any of those movies I mentioned, its box office will be affected. People do have to make choices on which movies they should see every year, now just due to money but also due to time. Take a look at The Amazing Spider-Man from last year. It was a Spider-Man movie. Spidey is up there with Batman and is far more popular and iconic than the Avengers yet his movie was still overlooked a bit in comparison to Avengers and TDKR. Had Spidey come out in a less competitive problem, that wouldn't have been as much of a problem. Another example is Superman Returns. The film being released the same opening weekend as Pirates 2 greatly hurt it at the box office. There are also cases where comic book movies that are not exactly too great are considered great when there is practically zero competition, like Iron Man 2. It had literally zero competition in 2010 and everyone treated it as one of the greatest CBM's of all time - now we view it more as just ok. The same thing can happen vice versa - a great movie being overshadowed by a highly competitive summer/year.

Now, will JL in 2015 mean that JL does poorly at the box office in comparison? No. However, you cannot expect me to believe that releasing JL in a competitive year such as 2015 will have absolutely zero impact on its box office money. It will definitely have some impact. It may not be the reason JL doesn't make as much as it truly can but it will be a reason. And regardless of the difference, I want JL to be just as big at the box office as fully possible.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #643
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
1.If Avengers 2 and Avatar 2 had no movies prior to it, then I would agree. But now they have a more even chance against JL due to being sequels to the top 2 highest grossing films of all time. Also, there is nothing bigger than Star Wars, not even JL.



2.As the marketing for Man of Steel has shown.



3.Them cluelessly going back to the drawing board over and over again because they didn't know what the heck to do partly also because they didn't care much for it prior to the success of Avengers =/= having worked on the movie for a long time. Will Beall, who apparently wrote the script, also wrote Gangster Squad which wasn't that well received.



The key word is rumored. Not any more true at the moment than the rumors that Bale is coming back. We don't know if they really have a writer on board or if they even want to do solo films after JL.

4.In this case, longer means better because they can put more effort into the movie. They need a lot of work on Darkseid. Doing a good Darkseid just isn't enough. They need a Darkseid so good that there is no way Marvel will be able to top it with Thanos. This is on top of the fact that WB is handicap at doing these movies to begin with.



5.If it comes out within a month range of any of those movies I mentioned, its box office will be affected. People do have to make choices on which movies they should see every year, now just due to money but also due to time. Take a look at The Amazing Spider-Man from last year. It was a Spider-Man movie. Spidey is up there with Batman and is far more popular and iconic than the Avengers yet his movie was still overlooked a bit in comparison to Avengers and TDKR. Had Spidey come out in a less competitive problem, that wouldn't have been as much of a problem. Another example is Superman Returns. The film being released the same opening weekend as Pirates 2 greatly hurt it at the box office. There are also cases where comic book movies that are not exactly too great are considered great when there is practically zero competition, like Iron Man 2. It had literally zero competition in 2010 and everyone treated it as one of the greatest CBM's of all time - now we view it more as just ok. The same thing can happen vice versa - a great movie being overshadowed by a highly competitive summer/year.

Now, will JL in 2015 mean that JL does poorly at the box office in comparison? No. However, you cannot expect me to believe that releasing JL in a competitive year such as 2015 will have absolutely zero impact on its box office money. It will definitely have some impact. It may not be the reason JL doesn't make as much as it truly can but it will be a reason. And regardless of the difference, I want JL to be just as big at the box office as fully possible.
1. Yeah. You honestly think that Avatar 2 and The Avengers will overshadow Justice League. A movie with Batman and Superman alone will spark huge amounts of interest in JL. You're really pulling this out of thin air and underestimating JL.

2. Don't know what that means. Was that supposed to be sarcasm? If so, marketing for MoS will really start to kick in probably later this month, closer to the movie's release.

3. This is pretty much what you specifically think is going on with the movie. Just because you think WB are stumbling over their own feet at the moment when it comes to JL does not make it so. Beall could have just wrote the first draft of the script, and someone else, presumably Goyer, is doing the next draft.

And yes the key word is indeed "rumored". How is that any different than what you are going on? Beall's script getting scrapped is only a rumor. Any everything we have to go off of this movie so far is only a rumor. It's really no different.

4. Once again, that is your opinion. Longer does not always mean better. As long as the right amount of dedication is put into the movie, the end product will come out as polished and epic as it needs to be. Especially with someone like Snyder at the helm.

5. And? All of those movies have of chance of their box office being affected by another big movie. It's competition. I know you want every last dollar to be squeezed out of this movie in the BO, but it's going to be huge regardless of your personal desires.


On another note, I can tell this is going to turn lengthy. If it does, I won't waste anymore energy on it.


__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #644
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,884
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Im starting to see ThePowerCosmic's point in that WB could be deep into this and we wouldn't know. That guy from DC even said last week that everything is in place and theyre just waiting to announce DC's plans to the people very soon.

I think they at least know the lineup, they have Cavill and they probably know at this point on which Batman that will feature in JL. They probably have plans for WW either for tv or film since that was hinted at as well. They at least know which Flash they're using (probably Barry Allen...hopefully) and have his concept art. As well as knowing if Ryan Reynolds is coming back or not. Plus they have the writer and director set, im sure.

Who knows what stage theyre at with the script.

Im voting June or July 2016 for JL. Shikamaru is dead set on 2017. And Power is dead set on 2015 right?

But a late 2015 release is still a huge possibility.

shauner111 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:59 PM   #645
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

That's fair. The latest I'll say is 2016 with 2015 being the earliest.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 PM   #646
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Lane View Post
2016 is still only four years after TDK Trilogy ended. Though I do believe Batman and Bond are a lot alike in terms of being cultural icons that will continue to be redefined for generations, I also feel Batman needs a slightly longer cooling down period right now coming off this highly popular take that is still so freshly embedded in our heads. Really good adaptations have a tendency to stick with us.
I don't really agree with you seeing as how we've had other Batman adaptations really popular along with the Nolan films at the same time (i.e. Arkham games) but I can understand that point.

Quote:
I remember in 2004 the Batman fan community was in an uproar over a little cartoon called "The Batman". The mindset was how dare they make an animated series outside the continuity of the DCAU. How dare they use someone other than Kevin Conroy as the voice of Batman! Almost ten years later they've become a lot more tolerant of this, but still there is about five minutes of disappointment when fans hear Kevin Conroy won't be used for an upcoming project. Arkham Origins being an example, despite the fact it is supposed to be a younger Batman.
That analogy doesn't work. "The Batman" came out at a time when the DCAU was still ongoing and Batman was there. Nolan's Batman is over. The shared universe is coming out after it. Notice how no one complained that they made a Batman show outside the DCAU when Brave & The Bold was made - because the DCAU was already over.

Voice actors in animation are different than actors in live-action. Voice actors are just that. Voices. There is no Kevin Conroy version of Batman. He has voiced multiple versions. There IS however a Christian Bale version of Batman. One and only. Animation can get away with stuff like that; live-action can't.

Also, as much as people ask for Kevin Conroy to voice Batman whenever it's possible, they never mind that the version he is voicing is not the same one from Batman TAS. Fans fully accept that that specific version is done. The version of the character is what we are talking about here. Even if Nolan's Batman comes back and is not played by Bale, it would still be a problem because that version doesn't fit in JL.

As for Arkham Origins, that is because it's in the same continuity as the previous 2 games. Of course people would want the same voice actor back.

Quote:
I know you won't agree, but I have a harder time accepting a Batman reboot that was really created for the sole purpose of including him in what essentially is a gimmick concept, that being "superhero ensemble films". That's one of the main problems I have in taking Captain America: First Avenger and Thor seriously! It feels much more organic and authentic when the ensemble piece springs from material that was NEVER intended to set up an ensemble to begin with. Alot like how everyday life takes us in directions we never thought was possible. Bringing back Bale adds greater value to the JL project almost in the same way we fans felt about Kevin Conroy voicing Batman in the animated Justice League. Now a Batman reboot coming a few years after a shared DC Cinematic Universe (with Bale and Cavill) has definitely ended without question....Then I'll be more than ready.
The problem with Thor and Cap wasn't that they were in a shared universe. It was that they were turned into Avengers promos as opposed to being their own movies. That's actually what we all want here from the solo films. As long as the Batman reboot doesn't do that and focuses on being its own movie just like MOS, then it shouldn't be a problem. You wouldn't even be aware of the reason it was made unless you were to do research on the internet. At that point though, you would be letting external things influence your thoughts on the movie, which isn't fair for the movie because you're not giving it a chance to stand on its own.

Look at it this way. The Batman reboot won't just exist for JL. It will exist to set up an ongoing Batman franchise where anything can happen and Batman can unleash his full story & character potential. Marvel plans to have the MCU ongoing like Bond and WB will probably do the same. They won't set up a massive universe full of possibilities just to reboot it in a few years. The Batman reboot is not just there for JL but to also spark the beginning of a new age for Batman on the big screen. The beginning of a Bond-like franchise that is full of possibilities. Now what happens if you use Nolan's Batman for JL? What happens after? That Batman can't go back to Gotham for solo films and films with Blake won't be anywhere as successful. Meanwhile, every other superhero will have ongoing franchises with endless possibilities while Batman will be just stuck. That's why I said rebooting Batman for the shared universe will be more beneficial for both WB and Batman as a character in the long run.

And finally, do you really think using a rebooted Batman feels less organic than using Nolan's Batman? On top of the fact that Nolan's Batman would be useless to the JL, TDKR was clearly marketed and intended to be as "the epic conclusion" and "the legend ends". You can see those slogans all over the trailers and posters. It will be very obvious to everyone, including the general audience, that the sole reason they brought that Batman back was for box office results. I'll have so much more respect for WB if they respect Nolan's wishes and use a new Batman.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 PM   #647
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
1. Yeah. You honestly think that Avatar 2 and The Avengers will overshadow Justice League. A movie with Batman and Superman alone will spark huge amounts of interest in JL. You're really pulling this out of thin air and underestimating JL.
I said it will give JL some level of competition due to those factors. If it wasn't for those factors, JL would utterly destroy them in every single way possible.

Quote:
2. Don't know what that means. Was that supposed to be sarcasm? If so, marketing for MoS will really start to kick in probably later this month, closer to the movie's release.
Well, we'll wait and see. People keep using that defense BTW. "They'll wait till 2013 comes around!" "They'll wait till the Superbowl!" "They'll wait till March!" "They'll wait till Iron Man 3 comes out!" "They'll wait till June!" At this rate, we'll end up hearing "They'll wait till the DVD's to market it like crazy" soon.

Quote:
3. This is pretty much what you specifically think is going on with the movie. Just because you think WB are stumbling over their own feet at the moment when it comes to JL does not make it so. Beall could have just wrote the first draft of the script, and someone else, presumably Goyer, is doing the next draft.

And yes the key word is indeed "rumored". How is that any different than what you are going on? Beall's script getting scrapped is only a rumor. Any everything we have to go off of this movie so far is only a rumor. It's really no different.
True. I sadly have no comeback for this point .

Quote:
4. Once again, that is your opinion. Longer does not always mean better. As long as the right amount of dedication is put into the movie, the end product will come out as polished and epic as it needs to be. Especially with someone like Snyder at the helm.
The problem is that I don't believe 2015 is enough time to put in the right amount of dedication into the movie. Like I said, it needs to be something that will completely blow any Avengers movie out of the water, including one with Thanos. That needs a lot of effort put into it.

Quote:
5. And? All of those movies have of chance of their box office being affected by another big movie. It's competition. I know you want every last dollar to be squeezed out of this movie in the BO, but it's going to be huge regardless of your personal desires.
The thing is that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson. JL in 2017 with Darkseid would also be one year away from Avengers 3 with Thanos. If you go back a few pages, you will be able to read a rant of mine where I said that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson because they got really arrogant in both comics and on film. What better way to do that than having Darkseid - the original Thanos - just one year before Avengers 3 to tire out the audience despite Marvel planning Thanos for a long while by then? If JL comes out in 2015, 3 years is plenty of time for a breath of fresh air for the GA to be open to Thanos.

It may sound a bit pathetic but part of the reason why I want JL in 2017 is because it would be the ultimate victory against Marvel. How is that not a good thing for WB/DC? Not only does their JL film make a little more than it would've in 2015 but Marvel will also suffer one major loss.

Quote:
On another note, I can tell this is going to turn lengthy. If it does, I won't waste anymore energy on it.

Fair enough then. I don't think that it's that lengthy though.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #648
Shikamaru
Side-Kick
 
Shikamaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,563
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Im starting to see ThePowerCosmic's point in that WB could be deep into this and we wouldn't know. That guy from DC even said last week that everything is in place and theyre just waiting to announce DC's plans to the people very soon.

I think they at least know the lineup, they have Cavill and they probably know at this point on which Batman that will feature in JL. They probably have plans for WW either for tv or film since that was hinted at as well. They at least know which Flash they're using (probably Barry Allen...hopefully) and have his concept art. As well as knowing if Ryan Reynolds is coming back or not. Plus they have the writer and director set, im sure.

Who knows what stage theyre at with the script.

Im voting June or July 2016 for JL. Shikamaru is dead set on 2017. And Power is dead set on 2015 right?

But a late 2015 release is still a huge possibility.
2017 or any year after that prior to Avengers 3 coming out. Preferably, I would want it one year before A3 to keep Darkseid fresh in people's minds, and A3 isn't coming out till at least 2018.

Shikamaru is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #649
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,789
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post

Well, we'll wait and see. People keep using that defense BTW. "They'll wait till 2013 comes around!" "They'll wait till the Superbowl!" "They'll wait till March!" "They'll wait till Iron Man 3 comes out!" "They'll wait till June!" At this rate, we'll end up hearing "They'll wait till the DVD's to market it like crazy" soon.


The thing is that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson. JL in 2017 with Darkseid would also be one year away from Avengers 3 with Thanos. If you go back a few pages, you will be able to read a rant of mine where I said that I believe Marvel needs to be taught a lesson because they got really arrogant in both comics and on film. What better way to do that than having Darkseid - the original Thanos - just one year before Avengers 3 to tire out the audience despite Marvel planning Thanos for a long while by then? If JL comes out in 2015, 3 years is plenty of time for a breath of fresh air for the GA to be open to Thanos.

It may sound a bit pathetic but part of the reason why I want JL in 2017 is because it would be the ultimate victory against Marvel. How is that not a good thing for WB/DC? Not only does their JL film make a little more than it would've in 2015 but Marvel will also suffer one major loss.



Fair enough then. I don't think that it's that lengthy though.
They've already started airing tv spots during the NBA playoffs, so that's a good start. People use that defense because for movies like this, it is true. The marketing for these movies always kicks in closer to release. It's unnecessary to spend all of that money on marketing earlier than needed.

I just don't think the 2017 date is necessary even if you want JL to show Marvel up. They can do the same in 2015 going right up against TA2 the same year. I wonder what you'd think if Thanos was going to be TA2's villain instead.

It's not necessarily lengthy, but it looks that way when it's spaced out like that. Makes responding to it slightly exhausting lol.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, X-Men: Apocalypse, The Amazing Spider-Man 3, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:47 PM   #650
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,884
Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - - Part 11

If Whedon is lying and Thanos is in Avengers 2, I don't think JL should have Darkseid in the first film. I would go with Brainiac (even though I want him in MOS 2 along with Lex).

shauner111 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.