The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #601
Ksb36
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 94
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

What no one can explain to me is why Hayley Atwell has spent the last two months in LA filming her "cameo"/"flashback". The only thing that makes sense is that SHE is Sharon Carter and EVC is a new iteration on Agent13.


Last edited by Ksb36; 05-11-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Ksb36 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #602
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksb36 View Post
What no one can explain to me is why Hayley Atwell has spent the last two months in LA filming her "cameo"/"flashback". The only thing that makes sense is the SHE is Sharpn Carter and EVC is a new iteration on Agent13.
That's cray-cray.

...But I'm not ruling it out.

Okay, I admit I've been thinking the same recently. Hayley Atwell said she has three fight scenes, and even if you don't account for non-actiony bits, that's a lot for a mere flashback.

And "Agent 13" took so long to cast, even though Sharon isn't that hard a role to cast. Casting a future Avenger, however...


Last edited by BullMcGiveny; 05-11-2013 at 11:09 AM.
BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #603
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,870
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

According to an interview with Total Film, Dominic Cooper sort of confirmed that he's filming something as Howard Stark. Pretty sure we're getting a flashback with most of the old WWII group there.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #604
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 75
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

I had the same thought when I first read that interview with Atwell. If she is doing three separate fight scenes then either there are a lot of flashbacks in this (is there really time?), all of her flashback scenes are fight scenes, or there is something else going on. I've started to lean toward that last one there.

Sneakronicity is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:16 PM   #605
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Why not? They're already developing a script for Ms. Marvel and having her be a SHIELD agent is the easiest way to fold her into the MCU universe. Doesn't seem like much of a stretch.
They're developing scripts for a lot of things, doesn't mean they will go to film. There's thousand characters it could be if she's not Sharon Carter, and leaning on Danvers out of all of them is just wishful thinking. Not to mention if she is going to be in a movie it doesn't even make sense to step on her origin by having her be in WS as the love interest. Which, gets to the next point. Why would they make Danvers a love interest for Cap? Just doesn't make sense.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 02:33 PM   #606
sabetoonth
Who?
 
sabetoonth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,362
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

I'd honestly hate it if Atwell is playing Sharon for a simple reason. I feel it'd be lazy casting to just have her play Sharon Carter as well as having played Peggy, them being nigh identical in the comics or not.

__________________
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFerret View Post
C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
sabetoonth is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #607
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?
 
Human Torch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,920
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

I'm thinking Atwell's "Three fight scenes" are probably minor segments that will be in one overall flashback scene.

Human Torch is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 03:53 PM   #608
DN91
Star-Spangled Man
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 582
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
According to an interview with Total Film, Dominic Cooper sort of confirmed that he's filming something as Howard Stark. Pretty sure we're getting a flashback with most of the old WWII group there.
Maybe the moment when the SSR officially became SHIELD, since this is a SHIELD-heavy movie...

DN91 is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 05:21 PM   #609
OccamsTaser
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 58
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Wasn't there something mentioned about Hayley Atwell doing a short like A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer? It's possible that some of the scenes she's filming could be for that rather than her role in TWS.

As much as I like Hayley, I think her being Sharon is a horrible idea. It would come across like Sharon is nothing more than Peggy v 2.0. At least if EVC plays Sharon, they could establish Sharon as her own character before revealing her relationship to Peggy. I know that they looked alike in the comics, but I just don't like the idea for the movies.

OccamsTaser is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #610
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

I feel like the reason they won't say anything about her role and won't name her Sharon Carter and lists her as Agent 13 is because she'll be going under a different alias on an undercover mission in the film and might even appear to be a villain at first. It was pretty much a running gag for Cap to run into Sharon while she's on covert missions in the old comics.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Irma_Kruhl_(Earth-616)


Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-11-2013 at 08:26 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #611
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,378
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Irma must have been a master spy to leave behind virtually no information about herself.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:26 PM   #612
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

The ')' was excluded from the url tag for some reason. Fixed.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #613
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,378
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Ah I see it now.

__________________
Our life in this world...
to what shall I compare it?
It is like an echo
resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #614
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,752
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccamsTaser View Post
Wasn't there something mentioned about Hayley Atwell doing a short like A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Thor's Hammer? It's possible that some of the scenes she's filming could be for that rather than her role in TWS.
Yeah, pretty sure Hayley said she's filming a Marvel One-Shot (basically). It's likely that Dominic Cooper is part of that. One of those "fill in the blanks" mini-films that tries to pencil in the plot holes fans ***** about, sort of like that Marvel One-Shot with Sitwell and Coulson that revealed what Gen. Ross and Abomination were up to.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #615
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,879
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Ah I see it now.
Hell, even with that there's still virtually no information about her.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange, X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Deadpool, Shazam(?), Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:33 PM   #616
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 202
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
They're developing scripts for a lot of things, doesn't mean they will go to film. There's thousand characters it could be if she's not Sharon Carter, and leaning on Danvers out of all of them is just wishful thinking. Not to mention if she is going to be in a movie it doesn't even make sense to step on her origin by having her be in WS as the love interest. Which, gets to the next point. Why would they make Danvers a love interest for Cap? Just doesn't make sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I feel like the reason they won't say anything about her role and won't name her Sharon Carter and lists her as Agent 13 is because she'll be going under a different alias on an undercover mission in the film and might even appear to be a villain at first. It was pretty much a running gag for Cap to run into Sharon while she's on covert missions in the old comics.
Agreed. It really makes no sense for her to be anyone but Sharon. The fact that they are keeping a tight lip on her role in the film, at least to me, suggests that Steve won't know who she really is for a good chunk of the film. The idea that they are being secretive about her role because she's Carol Danvers or another character really seems to me to be grasping at straws(we all tend to read to much into these things). Also, you have to keep in mind that the average non-comic-book-geek moviegoer isn't going to know who Agent 13 is either. When her identity is revealed, having Steve and the (general)audience kept in the dark should up the dramatic effect considerably(I imagine it will include a speech from her where she tells Steve she joined SHIELD because of the stories she heard about him from Peggy). WE all know that's who Agent 13 is, but like I said, most people won't. When the first Iron Man film was released, I can't tell you how many people I talked to that were surprised when Obadiah Stane ended up being revealed as the villain. You gotta' remember, these movies aren't made solely for us comic book fans.

DarthMuppet is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 PM   #617
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMuppet View Post
Agreed. It really makes no sense for her to be anyone but Sharon. The fact that they are keeping a tight lip on her role in the film, at least to me, suggests that Steve won't know who she really is for a good chunk of the film. The idea that they are being secretive about her role because she's Carol Danvers or another character really seems to me to be grasping at straws(we all tend to read to much into these things). Also, you have to keep in mind that the average non-comic-book-geek moviegoer isn't going to know who Agent 13 is either. When her identity is revealed, having Steve and the (general)audience kept in the dark should up the dramatic effect considerably(I imagine it will include a speech from her where she tells Steve she joined SHIELD because of the stories she heard about him from Peggy). WE all know that's who Agent 13 is, but like I said, most people won't. When the first Iron Man film was released, I can't tell you how many people I talked to that were surprised when Obadiah Stane ended up being revealed as the villain. You gotta' remember, these movies aren't made solely for us comic book fans.
Okay, but they are making this for the fans as well.

Agent 13 is Sharon Carter, that's pretty common knowledge. Knowledge that would spread.

If Agent 13 being related to Peggy is supposed to come as a twist, then there would be better ways to hide it. Say Emily Vancamp is playing Laura Brown, or whoever.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:06 PM   #618
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Okay, but they are making this for the fans as well.

Agent 13 is Sharon Carter, that's pretty common knowledge. Knowledge that would spread.

If Agent 13 being related to Peggy is supposed to come as a twist, then there would be better ways to hide it. Say Emily Vancamp is playing Laura Brown, or whoever.
Actually her alias being Agent 13 doesn't strike me as being something that too many comic fans would know, only the most hardcore or those who frequent messaging boards like this a lot. Sharon Carter isn't referred to as Agent 13 in the comics a lot anymore and only the very few well verssed would get the nod. Casuals wouldn't readily know.

And your logic applies to the opposite argument as well. Why not just call her Laura Brown instead of Agent 13, Sharon Carter's alias, if she were NOT going to be Sharon Carter?


Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-11-2013 at 10:09 PM.
Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #619
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 202
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Okay, but they are making this for the fans as well.

Agent 13 is Sharon Carter, that's pretty common knowledge. Knowledge that would spread.

If Agent 13 being related to Peggy is supposed to come as a twist, then there would be better ways to hide it. Say Emily Vancamp is playing Laura Brown, or whoever.
I dunno... Most of my friends are not into comic books at all. They love the movies, but know next to nothing about the characters in the comics. I think you're overestimating how much people who are ONLY fans of the films would look into or even care about things like that. Even if they overheard someone say it, it still most likely wouldn't register. I tell friends details about the comics all the time and they still seem surprised when they see them onscreen. I told several friends about Black Widow before IM2 came out, and yet they were still shocked when the reveal happened midway through the movie. WE care about little details like that, WE obsess over them... sometimes I think WE also tend to forget that for most moviegoers comic books are (unfairly)written off as silly and only for kids until they're turned into movies.

I agree that they are also making the films for us. For the average moviegoer, yes, I think the Agent 13 being Sharon reveal would still be seen as a twist or surprise... for us, it's just dramatic irony.


Last edited by DarthMuppet; 05-11-2013 at 10:14 PM.
DarthMuppet is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 PM   #620
DarthMuppet
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 202
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. Dent View Post
actually her alias being agent 13 doesn't strike me as being something that too many comic fans would know, only the most hardcore or those who frequent messaging boards like this a lot. Sharon carter isn't referred to as agent 13 in the comics a lot anymore and only the very few well verssed would get the nod. Casuals wouldn't readily know.

And your logic applies to the opposite argument as well. Why not just call her laura brown instead of agent 13, sharon carter's alias, if she were not going to be sharon carter?

DarthMuppet is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #621
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Actually her alias being Agent 13 doesn't strike me as being something that too many comic fans would know, only the most hardcore or those who frequent messaging boards like this a lot. Sharon Carter isn't referred to as Agent 13 in the comics a lot anymore and only the very few well verssed would get the nod. Casuals wouldn't readily know.
Fair enough, but if not common knowledge, it's certainly well documented. You can find it out quite easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
And your logic applies to the opposite argument as well. Why not just call her Laura Brown instead of Agent 13, Sharon Carter's alias, if she were NOT going to be Sharon Carter?
I'm not sure what you mean.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #622
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthMuppet View Post
For the average moviegoer, yes, I think the Agent 13 being Sharon reveal would still be seen as a twist or surprise... for us, it's just dramatic irony.
Well what I'm asking is, would Marvel make a twist just for the average moviegoer?

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #623
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Yes they have in the past. He brought up two instances (Obadiah Stane and Black Widow).

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #624
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yes they have in the past. He brought up two instances (Obadiah Stane and Black Widow).
I'm not sure how much of a twist Black Widow was, seeing as she was seen in Black Widow-mode in the trailer and on the posters. They were pretty open about her being Black Widow, too.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 05-11-2013, 11:27 PM   #625
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,958
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 4

We'll have to see how Sharon is marketed (if she is at all).

Mr. Dent is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.