Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #151
mayo23
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
when you think about the tattoo thing, yes there could be a possible connection
I don't know. Gang tattoos and especially russian tattoos mean much more than a random star tattoo on a wrist.

Old 05-11-2013, 09:26 PM   #152
RT59103
Side-Kick

Can't get enough of these pics. So pretty...

Old 05-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #153
fuflipflops
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Vigilante View Post
What's the red thing wrapped around Spidey's right hand in these pics?
probably just something to protect his hand when he's punching the windshield

Old 05-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #154
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post
Can't get enough of these pics. So pretty...

More memes coming .

Old 05-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #155
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT59103 View Post

"What do you mean i can´t beat the **** out of Paul Giamatti?"

-[Over the top russian accent] NEVER!, I CRUSH YOU, I KILL YOU, I DESTROY YOU

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 05-11-2013, 09:44 PM   #156
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
How is it pointless? He tried to steal it and he failed, as we can see. Oscorp comes to him because they're the ones he stole from and they offer him a deal for him to get out of Ravencroft. Don't see how it's out of place.
well why have him stealin it in first place if he is just gonna go ravencroft and get experimented on and whatever? surely they would just write him already in prison from the start without going through the action of him stealin it for nothing and it very little to do with anything

Just incase i wouldn't bank your hopes up it being a suit, but who knows

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 05-11-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 PM   #157
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
well why have him stealin it in first place if he is just gonna go ravencroft and get experimented on and whatever? surely they would just write him already in prison from the start without going through the action of him stealin it for nothing and it very little to do with anything

Just incase i wouldn't bank your hopes up it being a suit, but who knows
Why would he be in prison and then suddenly steal it? Especially when this scene takes place early in the film and it looks like Ravencroft has a big role in the middle? I'm saying he'll try to steal and get caught because, well, it's clear that IS what happens and because it explains where Ravencroft comes in, why Oscorp would be involved, and why Rhino is involved in the plot beyond just being some random guy stealing stuff.

And him attempting to steal it at the beginning wouldn't be for nothing. It establishes who his character is (a russian mobster) and why he's involved with any of this.

EDIT: Looks like the barbed wire on Aleksei's head meant he was sentenced to life in prison without parole. So it IS possible that he was busted out of prison and did all of this for some type of job afterwards. That said, it's also obvious he gets caught by Spidey, and it explains why he would be sent to a criminal insanity institution like Ravencroft and not just prison if he already busted out once, so I think my theory is still in play either way.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 05-11-2013 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #158
mayo23
Side-Kick

Old 05-11-2013, 10:24 PM   #159
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Why would he be in prison and then suddenly steal it? Especially when this scene takes place early in the film and it looks like Ravencroft has a big role in the middle? I'm saying he'll try to steal and get caught because, well, it's clear that IS what happens and because it explains where Ravencroft comes in, why Oscorp would be involved, and why Rhino is involved in the plot beyond just being some random guy stealing stuff.

And him attempting to steal it at the beginning wouldn't be for nothing. It establishes who his character is (a russian mobster) and why he's involved with any of this.
What I mean is they could have him be in prison from the start and then get experimented on then become rhino, they could even show him committing a crime like bank robbery before going to ravencroft

But for the crime to be stealing the thing they will later experiment on him seems a question of why was he trying to steal it in the first place

To be fair we don't know if he gets caught, the truck may be full of canisters of serum, and spidey tries to stop the truck, and as we can tell the guy isn't making it easy for spidey, crashing, explosions maybe, so he might end up getting away with some of the serum, and seeing as spidey is pictured holding one he may end up trying to find out what it is, there is a rumoured doc Connors cameo after all

Not saying that's what will happen but it's one of many possibilities that gives a point to attempting to steal it in first place, but who knows maybe it will be a suit and the serum has nothing to do with rhino, but at moment we have only one sided proof, its best not to bank any hopes

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 05-11-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:28 PM   #160
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

EDIT: Looks like the barbed wire on Aleksei's head meant he was sentenced to life in prison without parole. So it IS possible that he was busted out of prison and did all of this for some type of job afterwards. That said, it's also obvious he gets caught by Spidey, and it explains why he would be sent to a criminal insanity institution like Ravencroft and not just prison if he already busted out once, so I think my theory is still in play either way.
You seem so sure spidey catches him again, I seen no proof of this, set pictures don't tell much

Old 05-11-2013, 10:39 PM   #161
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
But for the crime to be stealing the thing they will later experiment on him seems a question of why was he trying to steal it in the first place
Because he's a russian mobster, you see he has other russian mobsters with him. They were probably hired to steal it, as usual.

Quote:
To be fair we don't know if he gets caught, the truck may be full of canisters of serum, and spidey tries to stop the truck, and as we can tell the guy isn't making it easy for spidey, crashing, explosions maybe, so he might end up getting away with some of the serum, and seeing as spidey is pictured holding one he may end up trying to find out what it is, there is a rumoured doc Connors cameo after all

Not saying that's what will happen but it's one of many possibilities that gives a point to attempting to steal it in first place, but who knows maybe it will be a suit and the serum has nothing to do with rhino, but at moment we have only one sided proof, its best not to bank any hopes
Quote:
You seem so sure spidey catches him again, I seen no proof of this, set pictures don't tell much
Yeah, but as I called it, it's my theory and speculation. I'm obviously basing it off of some assumptions that I deem the most likely. And that includes him being caught by Spidey in that scene. If he's caught and sent to Ravencroft that explains a hell of a lot and also why he's involved.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:43 PM   #162
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

it's another damn serum in the oscorp truck? laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame...

i had really high hopes for a mech suit.. i had high hopes that oscorp would be established as more than just a cross species genetics company..

cross species rhino sucks.....

seems like best case scenario is that the serum doesn't alter appearance, but allows you to survive being grafted to a rhino suit of some sort.

wasted opportunity to not have rhino bust out the back of the armored car in the r.h.i.n.o suit. seriously, the best time to adapt something from the ultimate universe and they choose not too...

i'm pretty disappointed, especially considering the underwhelming lizard in the first movie and the underwhelming fight scenes to a lesser extent.

this scene could have quelled both these fears, but have seemed to have done the opposite.

this is the first time i've been worried about this film falling into the same trappings as the first.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #163
mayo23
Side-Kick

haha, so fickle. One moment you're loving everything the next it's all doom and gloom.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #164
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pac-Master View Post

He looks like a straight-up badass in the bottom pic.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #165
sabetoonth
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post

i had really high hopes for a mech suit.. i had high hopes that oscorp would be established as more than just a cross species genetics company..

seems like best case scenario is that the serum doesn't alter appearance, but allows you to survive being grafted to a rhino suit of some sort.

wasted opportunity to not have rhino bust out the back of the armored car in the r.h.i.n.o suit. seriously, the best time to adapt something from the ultimate universe and they choose not too...

i'm pretty disappointed, especially considering the underwhelming lizard in the first movie and the underwhelming fight scenes to a lesser extent.

this scene could have quelled both these fears, but have seemed to have done the opposite.

this is the first time i've been worried about this film falling into the same trappings as the first.
I really wanted to see the same thing, I had been talking to a friend just earlier today about it being a cool way to go with the scene and they agreed.

C.Lee once fought President Washington in a no-holds-barred cage match. He lost and was cursed with immortality.
Semper in memoriam--Forever in memory, Lucia Byrd
Avvy by Kane52630
Old 05-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #166
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
haha, so fickle. One moment you're loving everything the next it's all doom and gloom.
not really, i've said multiple times how i don't want cross species rhino and think r.h.i.n.o. is the way to go seeing as paul giamatti isn't 7 foot tall and it seems like the only way to have him the appropriate size without making him a lame cross species freak.

i didn't really like the first movie, yet i've been as optimistic as possible for months now in regards to this new one. so yeah, when i see evidence that they aren't taking enough risks and sticking too close to things i didn't like about the first movie, i get concerned.

i have by no means dismissed the movie altogether. it's just rhino, which i have acknowledged may end up as 616, even though it seems relatively unlikely.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-11-2013, 10:56 PM   #167
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I gotta say that I'm very surprised. Giamatti looks like a complete thug. I was originally afraid that he may have been miscast for the part.

Webb has once again exceeded my expectations with this film. This is coming from someone who is a fan of the first film and defended it left and right. And even I am not expecting the stuff that I have been seeing so far.

Old 05-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #168
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:

I don't understand how you ever fully expected a full, 8 foot Rhino suit to be in the back of that and Aleskei would have been able to put it on while driving a semi. -_-

We can still see a suit. In the comics the Rhino is a combination of physical enhancements and a grafter suit.

Your idea also make Rhino sort of a throwaway villain since his human side would have been seen for all of like 5 minutes. They probably didn't want to do that.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #169
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Quote:

Is it confirmed that Rhino will be a cross-species character or Electro? I mean I read somewhere on here that Electro gets his powers from electric eels yet there appears to be nothing fishy about him. What if the serum is just to give Aleksei super-strength and speed, and like people have been saying "Rhino" has been a nickname he's always stuck with, and so he decides to don a suit whether it's mechanical or rubber? Then everyone goes home happy. To me, if it is the cross-species scenario, as long as Paul's face can be seen when his skin ultimately changes into that of a rhino's hide, I'd be happy, but if he turns into a giant rhino... well....

Old 05-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #170
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
I don't understand how you ever fully expected a full, 8 foot Rhino suit to be in the back of that and Aleskei would have been able to put it on while driving a semi. -_-

We can still see a suit. In the comics the Rhino is a combination of physical enhancements and a grafter suit.
i didn't know he'd be driving it the whole time, obviously. he can't be in two places at once. i had hoped that the russian guys shooting out the back of the car were providing cover for him to suit up.

when i saw that he then drives away, it killed that theory, but it didn't kill the possibility that the suit was in the armored car.

today, i find out it is an orange (green is sooo 2012) serum which pretty much confirms that there is no r.h.i.n.o suit.

as for size, i don't know the square footage of an armored car, but i'd imagine a deconstructed rhino suit to be able to fit. not the size, but the way you use it kind of thing.

also yep, i said that 616 rhino is still a possibility.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #171
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
i didn't know he'd be driving it the whole time, obviously. he can't be in two places at once. i had hoped that the russian guys shooting out the back of the car were providing cover for him to suit up.

when i saw that he then drives away, it killed that theory, but it didn't kill the possibility that the suit was in the armored car.

today, i find out it is an orange (green is sooo 2012) serum which pretty much confirms that there is no r.h.i.n.o suit.

as for size, i don't know the square footage of an armored car, but i'd imagine a deconstructed rhino suit to be able to fit. not the size, but the way you use it kind of thing.

also yep, i said that 616 rhino is still a possibility.
But I'm saying, there CAN still be a R.H.I.N.O. suit. They can just make the grafted suit they put on him a mechanical one like from the Ultimate comics.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:13 PM   #172
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Is it confirmed that Rhino will be a cross-species character or Electro? I mean I read somewhere on here that Electro gets his powers from electric eels yet there appears to be nothing fishy about him. What if the serum is just to give Aleksei super-strength and speed, and like people have been saying "Rhino" has been a nickname he's always stuck with, and so he decides to don a suit whether it's mechanical or rubber? Then everyone goes home happy. To me, if it is the cross-species scenario, as long as Paul's face can be seen when his skin ultimately changes into that of a rhino's hide, I'd be happy, but if he turns into a giant rhino... well....
well yeah, i'm just worried given the precedent set in the first movie that this series of films is all about cross species genetic and that rhino will be more like what he was in the video game (terrible) than his ultimate or 616 incarnation.

peter parker - spider cross species genetics that worked
lizard - lizard csg
rhino - rhino csg?
electro - eels are involved apparently

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-11-2013, 11:15 PM   #173
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
But I'm saying, there CAN still be a R.H.I.N.O. suit. They can just make the grafted suit they put on him a mechanical one like from the Ultimate comics.
well anything is possible right now, i'm just going on what seems more likely. i hope you're right but maybe it is time for me to stop being so optimistic and start expecting some creative decisions that i disagree with.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 05-11-2013, 11:21 PM   #174
Mr. Dent
Banned User

lol I didn't know they were so anal about those kinds of details. Cool for you though, maybe Andrew will say what's up to you.

Old 05-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #175
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I gotta say that I'm very surprised. Giamatti looks like a complete thug. I was originally afraid that he may have been miscast for the part.
Giamatti can do anything. Everyone thinks of him as a balding, portly guy but he has surprising range.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread