The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2013, 12:03 PM   #326
Blader5489
CASUAL SEX!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Rule of thumb is to ignore anything Mark Millar ever says.

Old 05-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #327
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Yes I've read that before. That doesn't mean anything. Actions speak louder than words, especially when it comes to shroud businesses, and in terms of actions (and actual reality of the situation) Sony is way more likely for a crossover than X-Men. Not that either one has any iota of happening anyway. Feige said just the other day that it's not happening any time soon.
With FOX controlling the film rights of Disney IPs and paying a pittance for its exploitation of the FF and X Men universes, I would suggest that an Avengers/JL crossover is much more likely than any of the FOX properties being introduced into the MCU. At least until Disney gets the rights back.

In regards to Spidey, both Disney and Sony are facing a problem around 2018. Both the Garfield Spider-man series and the RDJ led Avengers trilogy will be coming to an end. At that time Disney and Sony may be forced to collaborate, with a new version of Spidey (Mike Morales?) featured in both an updated Sony trilogy and a fresh set of Avengers films.

Last edited by Zarex; 05-11-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #328
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
Guy Pearce created the Mandarin Period.
fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
since a prison break was mentioned, i wonder if there isn't some illegal experimentation going on; using extremis? Thunderbolt Ross was willing to do it to Blonsky. maybe someone higher up signed off on it. or it might even be an enemy of the marvel U.S. conducting the experiments. i wish that they would work Zemo into this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Where was a prison break mentioned? Wardell's tweet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
@Crimson King:

True.
-------

Yeah, the prison break scenario was from a tweet by the troll Wardell.

LOLOL

Old 05-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #329
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
In regards to Spidey, both Disney and Sony are facing a problem around 2018. Both the Garfield Spider-man series and the RDJ led Avengers trilogy will be coming to an end. At that time Disney and Sony may be forced to collaborate, with a new version of Spidey (Mike Morales?) featured in both an updated Sony trilogy and a fresh set of Avengers films.
Why would they be "forced" to collaborate?

Old 05-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #330
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Why would they be "forced" to collaborate?
"Forced" is too strong a word, but Marvel Studios will likely be looking at continuing the Avengers series without any of the Big Three of Downey, Hemsworth and Evans. Though they can recast, it would be very risky. Around the same time Garfield may be hanging up his tights, so Sony will be looking at a second reboot within ten years. This is also quite risky given the box office drop from the original Raimi trilogy to Webb's reboot.

One way to reduce the risk to both studios is to put Spidey on the Avengers roster, giving the team the star power it needs to keep the billion dollar box office returns coming in, while also creating new stories for his solo films. Given the past deals between the two companies and the oft reported strong relationship, I would be surprised if they don't collaborate at some time. I think 2018 will be that time.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #331
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

So what does everyone want in the avengers sequel?
I'd like to see some more fight scenes that feature more than 2 heroes at a time, like the whole team together more often. Also, a different style of cinematography would be nice. Something closer to Thor 2 than the first thor

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 05-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #332
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
I'd like to see some more fight scenes that feature more than 2 heroes at a time, like the whole team together more often. Also, a different style of cinematography would be nice. Something closer to Thor 2 than the first thor
More interactions between each other to show that they're not government-controlled soldiers and turning them into the Avengers from the comics

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #333
Mjölnir
Blunt instrument

Quote:
I agree, and I'd like to see them learn to work together better so they can play off each other's powers etc. We saw a little of that but it was mainly smaller isolated events and this should be the movie when they really become a team.

I'm also interested to see how they will view S.H.I.E.L.D. after the issues that were the last time and since Coulson might be back by then. While I want the team to really be a team it's always interesting with conflict on "the same side" and this could be what provides that.

On a more individual basis I hope that Thor gets some more big power moments. He seemed a bit in the background for being the big gun in the first one.

Old 05-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #334
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

More moments like iron man bouncing his beam off of caps shield would be great

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10, Maze Runner- 8/10
Old 05-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #335
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
I want 3 hours of the team hanging out, going out clubbing & getting wasted. No bad guys, just drunken drama & shenanigans. Co-writen by Whedon, Black & Martin McDonagh.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 05-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #336
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
"Forced" is too strong a word, but Marvel Studios will likely be looking at continuing the Avengers series without any of the Big Three of Downey, Hemsworth and Evans. Though they can recast, it would be very risky. Around the same time Garfield may be hanging up his tights, so Sony will be looking at a second reboot within ten years. This is also quite risky given the box office drop from the original Raimi trilogy to Webb's reboot.

One way to reduce the risk to both studios is to put Spidey on the Avengers roster, giving the team the star power it needs to keep the billion dollar box office returns coming in, while also creating new stories for his solo films. Given the past deals between the two companies and the oft reported strong relationship, I would be surprised if they don't collaborate at some time. I think 2018 will be that time.
Sony will most likely not reboot Spider-Man again. They said they want to map out a massive Spider-Man universe with the current reboot, just like the Marvel did with their own cinematic universe. What would be the point of doing that if you're just going to reboot everything in a couple of years? There would be none.

Old 05-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #337
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Sony will most likely not reboot Spider-Man again. They said they want to map out a massive Spider-Man universe with the current reboot, just like the Marvel did with their own cinematic universe. What would be the point of doing that if you're just going to reboot everything in a couple of years? There would be none.
How big of a universe could they really make though? Do they own the rights to any other heroes worth putting in a big collaborative movie with Spider-Man?

Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 PM   #338
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

No. But they want to map out a massive universe for Spider-Man where any of his villains could exist, any of his stories can happen, etc.

Why would they do that and then reboot? It wouldn't be a smart move at all. We will probably see the franchise continue like James Bond does, which is the same thing Marvel plans to do with the MCU.

Heck, if the chances of Spider-Man being integrated into the MCU end up true, then they will definitely not reboot anytime soon.

Old 05-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #339
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Tell them to let it go. Does it cause them physical pain to focus on the characters Marvel owns?

Here we have this fantastic product and it's like guys are so unthankful for it, they're conjuring up the most UNLIKELIEST of scenarios you could ever present .... and they taint all the various Marvel film threads on here with it. I mean c'mon we're recently finding out about budget/salary issues and you want to drag in not only another film company's stars, but another film company itself too (who will surely want a cut of the action)?????? I can't even find a facepalm large enough for that.

We have an MCU. Marvel Films has THEIR slate of characters that they own. It's time people grow up and accept that. Concentrate on what they have and the possibilities. Then again, I am addressing a lot of hardcore fanboys who's imaginations will not allow that to happen.

Just a very unappreciative bunch IMO.
So because I'm interested in this concept also I am now unappreciative of and unthankful for what Marvel have done despite my thousands of posts to the contrary (still all out there for reference if interested), of which I'm sure you've read a fair number? Ah yeah, thanks buddy

Last edited by Iceman; 05-11-2013 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #340
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
No. But they want to map out a massive universe for Spider-Man where any of his villains could exist, any of his stories can happen, etc.

Why would they do that and then reboot? It wouldn't be a smart move at all. We will probably see the franchise continue like James Bond does, which is the same thing Marvel plans to do with the MCU.

Heck, if the chances of Spider-Man being integrated into the MCU end up true, then they will definitely not reboot anytime soon.
Map out a universe where they all could exist, sure. But how many movies could they do with so many re-casts? They would all basically be reboots to some degree. And with James Bond, his age isn't an issue. But Peter Parker's age would be.

I see them basically doing multiple tellings of the Spider-Man story, all in its own universe.

We had Raimi's Spider-Man, with Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman and a new Goblin.

We will have Webb's Spider-Man, with Lizard, Electro, Rhino, and potentially another version of Green Goblin, etc.

Maybe in another 8 or so years, we'll have another telling, where we get Scorpion, Mysterio, Venom and Carnage. Who knows?

I just have a feeling they'll have multiple reboots until what is essentially the end of time. Comic book movies are very different that James Bond movies. With Bond movies, you can just create another random spy villain and roll with current political issues in the world. With comic book movies, you will eventually run out of villains and have to either reuse or create new villains (which we know everyone is against, see New Goblin and whatever you want to call that "Whiplash" character was in Iron Man 2. I know Whiplash was a real character, but I think you get my point).

Old 05-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #341
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Map out a universe where they all could exist, sure. But how many movies could they do with so many re-casts? They would all basically be reboots to some degree. And with James Bond, his age isn't an issue. But Peter Parker's age would be.

I see them basically doing multiple tellings of the Spider-Man story, all in its own universe.

We had Raimi's Spider-Man, with Green Goblin, Doctor Octopus, Venom, Sandman and a new Goblin.

We will have Webb's Spider-Man, with Lizard, Electro, Rhino, and potentially another version of Green Goblin, etc.

Maybe in another 8 or so years, we'll have another telling, where we get Scorpion, Mysterio, Venom and Carnage. Who knows?

I just have a feeling they'll have multiple reboots until what is essentially the end of time. Comic book movies are very different that James Bond movies. With Bond movies, you can just create another random spy villain and roll with current political issues in the world. With comic book movies, you will eventually run out of villains and have to either reuse or create new villains (which we know everyone is against, see New Goblin and whatever you want to call that "Whiplash" character was in Iron Man 2. I know Whiplash was a real character, but I think you get my point).
I doubt Peter will be that much older than now by TASM 3. Both TASM 1 and 2 take place in Peter's senior year of high school. The timeline isn't moving that fast. Sony even said that part of the reason why they rebooted was because they felt they grew up Peter Parker way too fast in the old franchise. They'll take their time with Peter's age. He will probably still be in college even when movie 6 rolls around. Once that point comes (which won't be for a good while), you do what Marvel currently thinks is impossible to do: You tell stories of an adult Peter Parker.

You will only run out of villains if you're under the assumption that you have to kill off villains. Sure that that will be necessary once in a while but most don't have to die. The comics still tell strong stories to this day due to that.

Old 05-11-2013, 08:16 PM   #342
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
So because I'm interested in this concept also I am now unappreciative of and unthankful for what Marvel have done despite my thousands of posts to the contrary (still all out their for reference if interested), of which I'm sure you've read a fair number? Ah yeah, thanks buddy
That's kind of how I felt. I guess I'll just keep my dreams of NFL SuperPro appearing in the MCU to myself from now on.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #343
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That's kind of how I felt. I guess I'll just keep my dreams of NFL SuperPro appearing in the MCU to myself from now on.
I also want Godzilla, Obama & ...Chris Evans for 200k.

Old 05-12-2013, 12:01 AM   #344
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Garrett Hedlund
Alexander Skarsgård
Emily Blunt

That's who I think Marvel has in mind if, in some ****ed up twist of events, they decide to replace Johansson, Evans, and Hemsworth. Mainly because they were their first choices.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 05-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #345
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Garrett Hedlund
Alexander Skarsgård
Emily Blunt

That's who I think Marvel has in mind if, in some ****ed up twist of events, they decide to replace Johansson, Evans, and Hemsworth. Mainly because they were their first choices.
None of them should be replaced but if I had to keep 1 it would be Hemsworth who I think is the best fit for his character of the 3.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:24 AM   #346
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Look out for young actresses with stunning blue eyes.

Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #347
Mr. Dent
Banned User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
“Well, I decided I was going to Google Alert myself on Thanos, so I basically don’t know anything more than anyone else does. But I do get Google Alerts, and this past week Joss Whedon did an interview that said he was just going to have…apparently Thanos plays sort of a good role inside the Guardians, he has a minor role, like he’s the backup players in Avengers 2, and he’s going to at least be in Avengers 3. So they look like they are going to try to milk him for everything he’s worth, as long as they can. So I know he’s going to be in at least three movies.”

Old 05-12-2013, 01:34 AM   #348
SoNicRaDiATioN
warming the ocean cold

Quote:

Well said. They are building towards the Sinister Six (à la the Avengers) and beyond.... If you don't kill off villans like Raimi did, you can use them again. Just like they do in the comics.

For the MCU casting, I think Marvel should do a massive recast after TA3. No mismatching new actors with the old ones. A clean slate across the board is the way to go. Same universe with a whole new coat of paint. Marvel's universe and it's characters are the real draw here, not the actors. If they cast the characters well, the audience will accept the new faces in short order. Guaranteed.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 05-12-2013 at 01:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:17 AM   #349
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
So because I'm interested in this concept also I am now unappreciative of and unthankful for what Marvel have done despite my thousands of posts to the contrary (still all out there for reference if interested), of which I'm sure you've read a fair number? Ah yeah, thanks buddy
Yes.

Stop whining.

Enjoy the MCU being constructed and stop trying to suggest some cockamamie multi-film studio project.

Old 05-12-2013, 04:08 AM   #350
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Has this been discussed yet? but do you think the events of Iron Man 3 will be referenced and perhaps an explanation of why shield and the other avengers didn't take any actions?

I mean at one point tony stark is presumed dead, you'd think that would set off someone's radar over there? Not to mention the whole presidential crises, wouldn't captain america want to take part in that?

Closed Thread