The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > The Avengers Sequels

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #351
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

lol what, did you listen to the Schmoes podcast or something?

Yes it has. And Feige said we'll learn why SHIELD was not able to help Tony in IM3, as they were very busy, in future films. Probably Cap 2.

Old 05-12-2013, 05:41 AM   #352
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
lol what, did you listen to the Schmoes podcast or something?

Yes it has. And Feige said we'll learn why SHIELD was not able to help Tony in IM3, as they were very busy, in future films. Probably Cap 2.
No, i don't even know what that is? Why did they bring up a similar question? Yeah i hope feige keeps his word on that. There were several references to the avengers in IM3 so i don't see why they wouldn't do the same for the next avengers just to clear things up.

Old 05-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #353
Closerframe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasimod0 View Post
So what does everyone want in the avengers sequel?
I'd like to see some more fight scenes that feature more than 2 heroes at a time, like the whole team together more often. Also, a different style of cinematography would be nice. Something closer to Thor 2 than the first thor
Likewise. Also, I would like villains that are an actual physical threat this time around. The Avengers had everything going for it besides a villain that did more than mess with the team psychologically. I want someone who can go head-to-head with the Hulk. I would also like a different setting other than New York City, SHIELD's base, and a German museum. Oh, and I want death (not just the entity, but someone from the team).

Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #354
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
"Forced" is too strong a word, but Marvel Studios will likely be looking at continuing the Avengers series without any of the Big Three of Downey, Hemsworth and Evans. Though they can recast, it would be very risky.
Nah. No riskier than recasting James Bond or Dr. Who, which has been done successfully many times...

Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #355
STR1
Side-Kick

I don't know if this has been mentinoned but I think The Avengers 2 will deal with the Masters of Evil as the villians. I read somewhere that the "Mandarin" is not dead. So we have the "Mandarin" that is not dead, Abomination (that I suspect might get released from whatever prison he is in by AIM), the Leader (from the Incredible Hulk movie, which might be connected to AIM in some way), plus all the Extremis soldiers which I assume are not dead. Plus add whatever major villians will come out in CA:TWS (maybe Baron Zemo).

The only thing I don't get is how GotG will tie in to the MoE, if any. Or how any villian from Thor:TDW will tie in to the MoE too.

Again this is just my opinion based on what I saw on IM3 and how they have said that IM3 will tie in with the rest of the movies.

Old 05-12-2013, 09:35 AM   #356
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Yes.

Stop whining.

Enjoy the MCU being constructed and stop trying to suggest some cockamamie multi-film studio project.
Dude apart from that one post replying to one of your own whines that you're replying to, checking your strange motivation, YOU are the one whining here. (and mine was meant more as a whimper than a whine )

Read back. I'm totally enjoying the MCU and from the sounds of it a lot more than you! IM2 could have been better, I don't like the aliens in Avengers, I like Cap to have wings on his outfit, I didn't really love them killing Coulson off, I prefer Hulk as a hero. That's about the extent of my nitpicks across the whole series! And most of them are as about as minor as can be. Avengers, Thor & Iron Man are 3 of my favourite comic films. Just in case this is not clear from my 1000s of posts over the last few years on the subject I've written Marvel a letter at the end of this post.

I'm also very happy with all of Marvel's future plans and especially Avengers. I’m going crazy about the prospects of Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver joining. The one thing the MCU is missing is rights to all their characters unlike DC/WB and I'm sure they are even more interested in getting those back than I am in them getting them back.

And the key here. I'm not unhappy with what other posters are saying. You're the one whining about what we are speculating about. You're the one making yourself unhappy about things for no reason but go right ahead. I'll continue to enjoy Marvel’s excellent work and let people post about what they want in relation to it. You can continue to whine about what those people are posting about if you like, which is your right as is ours/theirs to post.

Anyway to be fair to you and your original request, how about we both “grow up” and stop whining? I think I can do it but can you????!!!!!

Letter to Marvel

Marvel I wish to thank you extensively for all the great films you have made during your "Phase 1" Project. You have given me untold hours of enjoyment. I also appreciate all the hard work you have put into them for my benefit. Now good luck with all your existing projects for characters you have the rights to. I may speculate about other characters controlled by Fox and Sony with the likes of Rock Sexton but please don't take this to mean that my appreciation and gratefulness to you is diminished in any way. Thanks!

Old 05-12-2013, 10:14 AM   #357
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Stop whining.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-12-2013, 10:42 AM   #358
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
I know he's a respected writer, but Starlin comes off as super whiney in just about every interview I see on the subject of Thanos. Milking him for everything he's worth? Seems more like they're bringing him along slowly for the sake of the story.

Old 05-12-2013, 11:28 AM   #359
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainStacy View Post
Nah. No riskier than recasting James Bond or Dr. Who, which has been done successfully many times...
There have been successful recastings and notable failures - it is always risky. And while Bond has proven his staying power over many decades, no one knows if Iron Man will maintain his box office appeal once Downey steps down.

Old 05-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #360
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Hahah Kindergarten Cop is a quote goldmine .....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 05-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #361
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
There have been successful recastings and notable failures - it is always risky. And while Bond has proven his staying power over many decades, no one knows if Iron Man will maintain his box office appeal once Downey steps down.
Besides Batman, Spiderman, and Bond how many have actually continued on successfully? It's crazy to think though that Marvel essentially has multiple franchises that will inevitably be re-cast .....

Old 05-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #362
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Tell them to let it go. Does it cause them physical pain to focus on the characters Marvel owns?

Here we have this fantastic product and it's like guys are so unthankful for it, they're conjuring up the most UNLIKELIEST of scenarios you could ever present .... and they taint all the various Marvel film threads on here with it. I mean c'mon we're recently finding out about budget/salary issues and you want to drag in not only another film company's stars, but another film company itself too (who will surely want a cut of the action)?????? I can't even find a facepalm large enough for that.

We have an MCU. Marvel Films has THEIR slate of characters that they own. It's time people grow up and accept that. Concentrate on what they have and the possibilities. Then again, I am addressing a lot of hardcore fanboys who's imaginations will not allow that to happen.

Just a very unappreciative bunch IMO.
It's just people speculating, calm down.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 05-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #363
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Besides Batman, Spiderman, and Bond how many have actually continued on successfully? It's crazy to think though that Marvel essentially has multiple franchises that will inevitably be re-cast .....
Dr. Who, Superman, Hulk, Star Trek, Robin Hood and Sherlock Holmes, among others.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 05-12-2013, 07:37 PM   #364
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Dr. Who, Superman, Hulk, Star Trek, Robin Hood and Sherlock Holmes, among others.
And i know its not the same thing, but somehow the power rangers are still around.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 05-12-2013, 08:52 PM   #365
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
From a successful film standpoint though ...... from your list, really only Star Trek belongs. Dr. Who is a TV show. Hulk TV show was popular and even though I'm as big as fan as there is when it comes to TIH movie, the numbers don't bear out on any of the solo films. That could potentially change given the reception of him in the Avengers.

Last edited by Rock Sexton; 05-12-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:08 AM   #366
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

While we're on the subject (....still....) of who owns what and how and why there will never ever be a cross-studio crossover in the MCU, let me just drop this screencap of the Manhattan skyline from tonight's "Agents of SHIELD" teaser trailer:

Why, hello there, Baxter Building.
Discuss.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:09 AM   #367
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Why, hello there, Baxter Building.
Discuss.
I don't guess OsCorp is in there anywhere is it?

*somewhere, a sweaty and panicked Rock Sexton awakens from a horrible dream*

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 AM   #368
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Unfortunately not the Baxter Building. Actual building in New York City that has the 4 thing on it.

But that would be fun if it was, wasn't it?

- CM Punk
Old 05-13-2013, 08:23 AM   #369
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Looks like the Stark Tower still only has the "A" on it, so I'm assuming Tony might just be leaving it that way for it to become the Avengers Tower??

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 05-13-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #370
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Ugh, I feel so deflated after finding out "the Baxter Building" is a real skyscraper (Conde Nast)....

But I'm still excited about the trailer and the show. And yeah, the "A" is still up on Stark/Avengers Tower, firmly placing the timeframe *after* TA1, in case there were still doubters.

Old 05-13-2013, 08:51 AM   #371
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Seeing no Oscorp tower in there just breaks my heart .

*sigh*

The MCU just feels so empty without Spider-Man being there.

Old 05-13-2013, 09:14 AM   #372
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closerframe View Post
Likewise. Also, I would like villains that are an actual physical threat this time around. The Avengers had everything going for it besides a villain that did more than mess with the team psychologically. I want someone who can go head-to-head with the Hulk. I would also like a different setting other than New York City, SHIELD's base, and a German museum. Oh, and I want death (not just the entity, but someone from the team).
Yeah, agreed on all this except a character death. Unless someone is going to stay dead for the rest of Marvel's film future it just cheapens the concept of death to comic book status where it never matters and they always return.

And most of the main characters would give more value to the Marvel Universe alive for the next few decades than dead. Now if there was some huge Marvel Universe event with every film leading up to it and towards some kind of finality then I'd be fine with the top guys dying.

Coulson for eg I would have rather had around for all the future Marvel films more than the Avengers film benefited from his death. And if he comes back it's like completely wasting your crying wolf card early on. His return will mean that another character dying will have people thinking are they going to come back too or is this a real death?

But I definitely want a villain or multiple villains who between them can provide a real physical threat to The Avengers. That means they have a shot at taking out Hulk by themselves so that all the Avengers are needed to match him/her/them. And of course New York and SHIELD's base will feature but I want to see the team in some cool new places.

Old 05-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #373
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
Looks like the Stark Tower still only has the "A" on it, so I'm assuming Tony might just be leaving it that way for it to become the Avengers Tower??
If your recall in TA the A was blown off, and it was purposefully replaced at the end sequence. So I think it was intended to symbolize Avengers tower

Old 05-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #374
Mr. Dent
Banned User

The A wasn't blown off. It was the only letter left.

Old 05-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #375
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
The A wasn't blown off. It was the only letter left.
You're right, for some reason it looked like an A was falling to the ground but you can see it was a diff letter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB5_x0KIkyY

Closed Thread